Stand Proud - JoJo no Kimyou na Bouken RPG Idea

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Recently, me and a couple of friends have decided to try something new. We wanted to make RPGs of animes we watch, yet on our own style. One of those animes is JoJo's Bizarre Adventure.

The whole set-up is after the presentation of the Stand (Stardust Crusaders), but instead of the 80's, it's in recent time. The villain is currently organizing a couple of tournaments between Stand users. The one who ranks the highest will be given a prize. Yet, no one knows who this villain is. Or why he's doing such tournaments.

Obviously, I won't be limiting to this. You're free to roam the world, meet new Stand users and live your own adventures like in a real RPG world (only that not in the nU). Spar with friends or just make rivals in the most bizarre situation etc etc.

But, how do we start? Easy, just like in the process of creating a character.

Character Creation:

Who the user is? Basically, an anime version of yourself... Or just a look you really enjoy, it doesn't really matter. You may have unique traits, but what makes you unique is your stand. And no, absolutely no outer powers allowed in this RP. No super speed, no superhuman this superhuman that unless it's your Stand.

Now, for the Stand. It must be bizarre. No generic powers like Pyrokinesis or Cryokinesis, those are way too big. Settle for a smaller branch or some uncharted powers. If you have an idea of what you're aiming at, be my guest to design your Stand, but if not...

Click here!

That will give you a notion of how to create and even might come up with a Stand nice enough for you to use.

If too tired to click, allow me to explain:

Each Stand is classified in a few stats, those being:

Destructive Power:

Measures the Stand's strength and ability to cause destruction in a given period of time. Not only limited to brute force, but also to its abilities combined.

Speed:

Measures the Stand's agility and performance speed.

Range:

Measures the Stand's range of manifestation, range of ability influence, and spatial mobility. In other words, how far can it be cast and how far does it hit.

Durability/Staying:

Measures the Stand's endurance and level of susceptibility to damage and attacks. This category may also gauge the effectiveness of the ability's binding toward physical objects.

Precision:

Measures the Stand's accuracy and its ability's range of influence to specified targets.

Development Potential/Learning:

Measures the Stand's possible functions and utilization of its abilities and powers.

And each of those are classified in letters:

• A - Excellent; 100 meters (for Range); 20 skills (for Potential/Learning)
  • B - Good; 50 meters (for Range); 15 skills (for Potential/Learning)
  • C - Average (same as a normal person); 20 meters (for Range); 12 skills (for Potential/Learning)
  • D - Weak; 10 meters (for Range); 10 skills (for Potential/Learning)
  • E - Very weak; 2 meters (for Range); 5 skills (for Potential/Learning)

Seeing it this way, the process of creations seems easy, no? Wrong! You can have everything A, that is true and that is also amazing, but it doesn't mean anything skill-wise.

Skills:

Yay! Finally here, huh? Ready to understand why your kickass 6 A's has got sh*t on here? Cause skills can only be gathered by Skill Points. Initially, SP are only earned if you lack something. Yes, you didn't hear me wrong. If you have a D skill, that means you get SP worth for C, B and A. In other words, all-out A's will have to depend only on stats to go head-to-head with 'outclassed' Stands that have low status, because those will have better skills!

Also why I made the Potential limited, since it wouldn't be fair for some to have unlimited skills while others had none at all.

And, as stats, skills also have their divisions:

• E - Lesser buffs, used mostly to augment a stat slightly (+1) for a short period of time (1 round at max) - Costs 1 SP
  • D - Normal buffs, makes stats longer and stronger (+2 for 3 rounds, +3 for 2 rounds) - Costs 2 SP
  • C - Style change, may vary from simply changing present stats to utilizing a different branch of your powers (like lowering your A Power to C in order to invest in an D Durability; or making a Stand that can grow weapons from the arms also grow weapons from the feet) - Costs 3 SP
  • B - Super attacks, creates a somewhat powerful attack utilizing your inherent skill, it might raise defense or offense, or even just enhance your senses, but it can only focus at one stat, increasing it for 50% during the move. It can be used freely once when learnt. (like aforementioned weapon-creating Stand gathering energy for a stronger laser blast, raising a B Destruction in 50%, or, putting it bluntly, making the move stronger) - Costs 5 SP
  • A - Ultimate attacks, not unlike the B skills, ultimate attacks are acquainted for their superior strength and capability in focusing on more than a stat (two stats at best, 100% each or 200% only one). Be in creating a barrier or invoking an explosion, it demonstrates the inner passion of the user of the Stand through a monstrous move (same example as before, but instead of 50% B Destruction, it has a 100% raised B Destruction and 100% enhanced C Range).

Oh, by the way... Did you notice I didn't exemplify the attacks? That's because I want you to be creative, dampening the ideas with multiple choices isn't that much of a nice idea. Sure it helps organizing a lot, but it's better when we have our own cool things that we thought about alone. That's why I ask of you to just keep a list of your moves (always respecting the limit, and yes, you can change attacks if you 'forget' one just like in Pokemon).

Those all-A's are probably cursing me now, eh? But don't worry, each tournament fight you win (NPC or not) will account as a SP earned. And there will be plenty matches! So you won't fall behind THAT much, even because it would be unfair.

Classes:

To be honest, this isn't quite a process of creation, it is a consequence of the process itself. As you know, there are quite a few different Stands. We'll be working with three different classes, so be sure to find the one who matches your ability the most!

• Close-Range Stands: These Stands are known for being able to inflict powerful attacks or deal close-range effects. Their natural enemy, of course, if their inability to stretch their range, often falling for Stands with longer ranges.
  • Long-Range Stands: These Stands also follow their user's will and are capable of long-range movement. They tend to have ranged attacks and/or attack from far distances between them and their users. Quite helpless when it comes to close-quarters.
  • Bounded Stands: Some Stands may be bounded to tangible objects such as vehicles or even sand instead of showing their true form. These Stands can be used as equipment and can be seen by ordinary humans. Although most of them vary in terms of statistics, they commonly have medium-to-no development potential due to these Stands only being able to perform their set abilities.

Rules in general:

1. No outer superpowers.
  2. Bizarre power is a must-have, that's the funny part!
  3. Doesn't apply as mandatory, but it would be nice if the Stand name could be related to music somehow.
  4. The link isn't necessarily your only source of creation. Feel free to develop your own ideas.
  5. List your SP in your character sheet so you don't get lost and I don't have to point out you're cheating.
  6. Please, when in battle, try selling accordingly to your statuses. There is no way a D Durability could ever take an A Power blow without any effects active and just shrug off damage with a smile.
  7. Tournaments will be set up by me (and maybe some other users I trust enough to take care of things when I ain't online) and they'll have plenty of battles, with users as well as NPCs.
  8. You can have more than a character... Just organize them, please.
  9. CVnU rules still apply, even though this is a non-CVnU RPG.
  10. Think about your powers before submitting them. Honestly. There are other people trying to have fun!
  11. In case you can't find any look that matches your Stand, feel free to describe it. Also, if it's a Bound Stand, feel free to describe the item.
  12. Also, that mandatory fun rule is still, as per friggin' usual, mandatory.

Example:

Stand Name: Bitter Taste

Stand Ability: [Mouth Manifestation]

Stand Class: Close-Range Stand

Stand Avatar:

No Caption Provided

Power - B

Speed - B

Range - B

Durability - A

Precision - A

Potential - A

Starting SP: 3

Description: Power to develop or create mouths on one's body. User has or is able to manifest mouths that grow or are attached to the body allowing more ways to eat or bite.

Skills:

• C skill - Shark bite: By increasing the quantity of bone utilized and sharpening the teeth's edges for two rounds, Bitter Taste's power suffers a prompt buff of +2 Power (One above A, something like A+) for 3 rounds.

Remaining SP: 1

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

Makes me want to make my own spin on FMA.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_: Yep.

Lol, I'm just really into FMA at the moment.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Well, I'm late to the party.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_:

B-B-B-But Skellbrieg and Eight Days and STRIKE and where are you and I love you and come back to meeeee.

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Marte_Aurelius
Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

fukken IN

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, it was supposed to be a D skill not a C skill -_-

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pass. Never understood the appeal of JoJo :P But GL

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Conquest_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

stand generator to help ya'll

@_conquest_: try playing it

Avatar image for raleigh_aurelius
Raleigh_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx: ooh. Thanks, I maybe already have an idea for a Stand :P

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raleigh_aurelius: lets stick with music/fashion this time, so none of that myth theme

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, I have some interesting Stands if anyone needs some.

F*cking Doubt Manipulation Stand lmao It's so weird and useful it's not even funny.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Might use Lil B for stand name inspiration

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx: We can start it off just you and me. Like Jotaro's team began or something.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Marte_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx: Alright. If you're Kakyoin, I should be saying.......

Silver Chariot!

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

~Look at my horse, my horse is my stand, give it a lick~

_Zer0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: We need to give the manliest manhug ever manned by men in the RPG.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt
_Zer0_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

Stand Name: Lucky Shot

Stand Ability: [Centrifugal Force Manipulation] and rudimentary [Friction Manipulation]

Stand Class: combination of Bound and Long-Range

Stand Avatar:

No Caption Provided

Power - E (technically no power itself as it augments the user)

Speed - B

Range - E (technically no range itself as it augments the user)

Durability - B

Precision - E (technically no range itself as it augments the user)

Potential - A

Starting SP: 14

Skills:

• D Skill - "Radiance": A dense shield of spinning air molecules appears around an ally for a short time (2 turns), substantially increasing durability (+3). Can only be applied to one target at a time. -2 SP; 12 SP remaining
  • D Skill - "Roundabout": Giuseppe gently spins the molecules in an ally's body for a short time (2 turns), substantially increasing speed (+3). This is usually used in tandem with "Radiance". Can only be applied to one target at a time. -2 SP; 10 SP remaining
  • C Skill - "Hard Melt": By spinning apart the molecules of an enemy's protective covering, whether it is steel or dense flesh, Giuseppe can decrease the durability of it. A major drawback is that he has to be close for it to work, putting him in danger of physically encountering more lethal Stands than his own. -3 SP; 7 SP remaining
  • C Skill - "Overdrive": By carefully spinning the molecules of his body or the bodies of his allies, Giuseppe can substantially increase the destructive potential of any attack by turning it into a drill. Hardening the molecules involved is also necessary in order to keep the body part augmented from flying apart. -3 SP; 4 SP remaining
  • D Skill - "Diamond is Not Forever": As mentioned before, with the logistics involved with "Overdrive", it is very easy to destroy an ally's arm or leg with the spinning motion. That is why applications of "Diamond is Not Forever" are important, as well as aptly-named. This buff makes an ally's attack as durable as it needs to be to not only survive the drill motion, but also deliver more of a punch in the first place. -2 SP; 2 SP remaining

Remaining SP: 2

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What am I doing?

Loooooool never read a comic in my life!

Or watched anime.

I am 100% serious, actually. Well, if I were 2 years ago me.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I feel like I'm cheating with sort of a long-range plus bound Stand.

But Anubis and The Emperor are sort of the same thing so the shame is not there.

Medusa_Merc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mods have been saved.

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

@_glacier_:

Yes please.

Spin and Slam.

Spin and Slam.

SPIN AND SLAM!

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Glacier_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: I need to watch that!!!

Also, funny cuz my look is from Kuroko no basuke lol And he's tots gonna play it IC.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_glacier_:

I want to make a character from that show.