#201 Edited by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

(>.> do I need another alt maybe not but ima do it anyway lol. ^.^)

"Its a hundred dollar entrance free, paid upfront to the friendly attractive jade eyed assassin that welcomed you." Sakura clearly joking as well.

#202 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: [Alts are a pain with the new flood protection.]

"Hah!" Barking out his laugh. "At least you have a sense of humor."

#203 Posted by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

(thinking i'll just make it end up on the Syapt acount. Lost my focus with her why not revisit her. Gona brainstorm on how I want to go about it later today. Damn thhe flood protections)

There was a soft giggle in corespondance to the loud laugh. "Jobs like this one are way to grim to not have one. That said I'll leave you to it, try and behave yourself in there. I'd hate to have welcomed the enemy would murder my street cred." Her tone dripping with sarcasm as she began to walk away.

(gots class so ended it. Twas fun though ^.^)

#204 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: Resting his hands upon his utility belt Amaranth offers a polite nod to the woman as she departs. "I shall endeavor to play nice."

#205 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Naturaly Ian im impressed yes, and I'm sure you outdid yourself in orchestrating the security. I just want to know it on an almost intimant level. Best way to be prepared for the worst is to know what the worst would be. How a profesional would conduct an attack. Also im as pleased as you likely are that those Black Cell pricks are paying for this." The jade eyed assassin taking some amusment in both Ian's frustration about her questioning the facility, as well as the fact that both Cass and her were more old school in prefferance. "Also out of curiosity hows this place fair with teleportation as an ability? We both know most times I use that to get somewhere."

Ian - "The shields repel any attempt to phase or teleport through unless that particular persons distinct energy signature is added to the database and given the proper authorizations. Each of you will have a nanite array inside you at some point, relax, it's only around an ounce of two of material and you can can swallow it with a glass of water, no surgery or anything invasive needed. With that in place Wilhelm will allow you to use all of your natural abilities with no interference."

@decayingrose:@amaranth_strix:

(FYI - Haven is along the shoreline of the mainland, Avalon is underneath the island about 10 miles away)

#206 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: [ Ah hah. Retcon to say he was traveling to the mainland, he wouldn't know about Avalon ;-P ]

#207 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: @amaranth_strix:

Conner - "Come on now Rose, no extorting the guests to feed your shoe collection, we are the new kids on the block and have to make a good first impression."

Rose could tell he was just teasing simply but the tone. One of the reasons Ian chose to use the Reignfire persona for this team was that the established personality was similar enough to his own to make the constant interactions more natural. Ian was not at all surprised to see the mutant defender Amaranth Strix walking beside her. It was only natural for a visit sooner rather than later to see where this new team stood on mutant affairs, so as to determine if they were to be treated as a future ally or enemy.

He was currently in full uniform other than the partial mask which was rolled back and hung loosely around his neck. Walking towards Strix he held out his hand in greeting.

Conner - "Amaranth Strix, your reputation precedes you. I'm Reignfire or Conner if you like, don't worry about secret identities and all that, I lost mine years ago. Welcome to Haven, what can I do for you?"

#208 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: [ Ah hah. Retcon to say he was traveling to the mainland, he wouldn't know about Avalon ;-P ]

No prob, we all know what was meant.

Don't you walk in and god-mod on my island !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

#209 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Extending his hand and shaking Conner's firmly. "Pleasure to meet you Conner."

Waving a hand around the base. "This is an impressive accomplishment Conner. I can't imagine how much it cost."

He comes around to the point of his visit. "I've arrived to pay my respects to the latest team in town, and see where you stand on the issues surrounding mutants, of course. I take it you're the person to speak to?"

#210 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

Conner's eyes followed as Amaranth's hand waved along the landscape of the Haven complex. He had to admit the building did provide him with a small sense of pride, even if it had yet to accomplish it's designed purpose.

Conner - "To tell you the truth I'm not even sure what the total bill was other than it was a hell of a lot. And yes, it would seem I am the person you are looking for. My position here is called the Guardian, making me the spokesperson for the team as well as responsible for maintaining the direction of the organization. As for your question, that's a pretty complex subject so why don't you give me some specific points you want addressed and I'll start there."

Taking a seat at one of the smaller tables in the open air center square, he motioned for Amaranth to make himself comfortable.

Conner - "Anything to drink before we start? This place has a killer coffee and tea selection."

#211 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: He joins the man at the table, removing his sheathed sword from his back and resting across his knees, the two meter blade far to inconvenient to comfortably sit with.

"Of course." Reviewing his memorized list of issues. "My first concern is where this team stands on the issue of the Registration Act."

#212 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

Nodding as if expecting this to be among the very first questions. The personal disdain for the subject more than evident on Conner's face.

Conner - "We do not support the idea of government sponsored registration acts of any kind. The near certainty of abuse outweighs the potential benefits, politicians have proven to be inadequate in dealing with metahuman affairs to this day. Haven occupies an independent territory north of Maine and just south of Canada, we are not beholden to either country and would not even consider an alliance on the subject."

#213 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

Standing in his new quarters Cass felt a little spoilt. His old room at the Slays school was the size of his bathroom. Walking around the large space he couldn't help but think most of the stuff in there was unneeded at least for him.

#214 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall:

text message

Throw that ancient brick phone in the trash, your not even going to need to carry a phone anymore. And don't blame my satellite network for your piece of sh!t taking forever to process a text message you Luddite.

@ellie_knightfall:

(FYI - Ian hates house pets, have fun with that)

He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, the look on her face a mixture of glee and concentration as she began to mentally go over the endless options on how to design her new domain.

Ian - "You know I give nothing but the best, and as my favorite lady you always get the best of all. Construction is done by automated drones so you don't have to deal with any heavy lifting, or maybe we can make Cass do it since he likes doing things the hard way."

Wilhelm - "My code is divine, possibly one day I may even allow you to..gaze upon it. Until then you must live...wanting."

"I'll break his fingers if he touches my stuff." Ellie winced as she realized she sounded like a five year old, despite how jokingly sarcastic she'd been with her tone. Running her fingers through her hand to push it off her face, as she did when slightly uncomfortable, she pursed her lips. "Wilhelm, I'm not sure, but I will somehow survive."

#215 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mm, I am glad to hear that Conner. The Act is the number one concern of mine at present." Too many governments had made promises, and too many governments had broken those promises for Amaranth to trust them any longer. If you gave humans power they would eventually abuse it.

And his second was equally obvious. "And the conflict within the Hell Fire Club? What is your position upon those issues?"

#216 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Standing in his new quarters Cass felt a little spoilt. His old room at the Slays school was the size of his bathroom. Walking around the large space he couldn't help but think most of the stuff in there was unneeded at least for him.

(so ungrateful for all the sacrifices I make for you.....LOL )

@ellie_knightfall:

(FYI - Ian hates house pets, have fun with that)

He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, the look on her face a mixture of glee and concentration as she began to mentally go over the endless options on how to design her new domain.

Ian - "You know I give nothing but the best, and as my favorite lady you always get the best of all. Construction is done by automated drones so you don't have to deal with any heavy lifting, or maybe we can make Cass do it since he likes doing things the hard way."

Wilhelm - "My code is divine, possibly one day I may even allow you to..gaze upon it. Until then you must live...wanting."

"I'll break his fingers if he touches my stuff." Ellie winced as she realized she sounded like a five year old, despite how jokingly sarcastic she'd been with her tone. Running her fingers through her hand to push it off her face, as she did when slightly uncomfortable, she pursed her lips. "Wilhelm, I'm not sure, but I will somehow survive."

Ian - "Relax Leeloo, that space is for you alone and no one will get in there without your say so. Besides if Cass touched that much modern technology he might melt like the Wicked Witch. I'm melting, I'm melting..oh the horror..."

After all the mental and emotional turmoil he had recently put her though, not to even touch upon the rest of her recent tragedies, Ian was glad to see her happy and engaged in something she loved. Nothing he ever said or did would ever replace her lost twin brother, or her inability to even walk down the hallways of her new home, but in any other regard he intended to make sure to make up for things in whatever way possible.

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mm, I am glad to hear that Conner. The Act is the number one concern of mine at present." Too many governments had made promises, and too many governments had broken those promises for Amaranth to trust them any longer. If you gave humans power they would eventually abuse it.

And his second was equally obvious. "And the conflict within the Hell Fire Club? What is your position upon those issues?"

Conner - "The Hellfire Club is in my opinion, a collection of self-indulgent overgrown children who pretend to be kings and queens of their imaginary kingdom. The amount of power and experience housed could perform small miracles, yet they waste their abilities on petty power plays to fuel their egos. I do not know any of them individually well enough to even consider a side to take, my only concerns are towards the Academy. If they want to slaughter one another within the confines of their little world, so be it, but if any of them tries to involve the students to further their goals..."

#217 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (8541 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: ( considering going rockstar style and just stripping the room of everything but a chair a bed and place to hnag clothes. Destroy the rest lol)

#218 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Ah, I understand." Nor did he completely disagree. A fight over titles alone was not worthwhile. A battle over the wealth those titles controlled, and a battle to support a loyal ally on the other hand.. that was worthwhile. Even necessary.

"However you should know that there are plans for the children in the Academy to involve themselves in the conflict. While it has been claimed that Alexandra herself is not behind that particular maneuver I don't know if I believe that."

A shrug of his armored shoulders accompanied the next statement. "But I am not entirely unbiased, you should confirm that information yourself."

#219 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

Conner - "As much as I would like to yank the entire student body away from anything even remotely involving the Hellfire Club, I have no hard evidence that their being there is detrimental outside of my personal views. That is far from enough to justify any direct actions, but it is something we are constantly looking into. Should circumstances change and we feel the administration cannot control or keep them safe, we will involve ourselves for the student's best interests. I am aware of some of the ever changing factions within the Club, while I do have a distaste for the games, I at least understand the reasons behind them on some fronts."

#220 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: She gently patted his hand, conveying more in that simple gesture than her words would. Squeezing it gently, she smiled up at him, concern in her eyes quickly hidden. Of all people, nobody took more on than Ian Pierce. "I should also mention that I have a new...I don't know if I can call him a pet, but there's a new animal you're not acquainted with."

#221 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mmm.." Amaranth leaned back and stroked his goatee in thought. "I do not disagree. In fact I would like to see the school removed entirely from the club. "

A quiet sigh escapes him. "The truth is for the most part the Club is a nest of vipers. I am allied with, and friends with some of those vipers. But I am an adult, capable of seeing things clearly and making my own decisions."

"But the children?" He shakes his head. "Constant exposure to the kind of people who hold positions in the Club? Teachers chosen by those who have the ruthlessness and cunning to seize power in that kind of organization? When they have the Kings and Queens of the Club as role models?"

"What chance would such children have." It isn't a question. Amaranth doesn't believe they would have any chance at all. Merely the next generation of cold and ruthless manipulators. Within two little decades half of them would be dead and the other half would be as bad as the current crop in the Club.

#222 Posted by Madame_Blossom (692 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck loves.

#223 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: She gently patted his hand, conveying more in that simple gesture than her words would. Squeezing it gently, she smiled up at him, concern in her eyes quickly hidden. Of all people, nobody took more on than Ian Pierce. "I should also mention that I have a new...I don't know if I can call him a pet, but there's a new animal you're not acquainted with."

Ian closed his eyes and sighed, he had already accepted that Ellie would obviously be bringing along her two fleabags, but the idea of a third dirty little animal was not expected. That and the unusual amount of delicacy with which she was broaching the subject set off all his alarm bells. All he was certain of was that he was not going to like it, and she was going to get away with it.

Ian - "This isn't the Humane Society Ellie...and if it is not a pet what is it? If you decided to relive your childhood and bought yourself a pony we are going to have words on the subject."

#224 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mmm.." Amaranth leaned back and stroked his goatee in thought. "I do not disagree. In fact I would like to see the school removed entirely from the club. "

A quiet sigh escapes him. "The truth is for the most part the Club is a nest of vipers. I am allied with, and friends with some of those vipers. But I am an adult, capable of seeing things clearly and making my own decisions."

"But the children?" He shakes his head. "Constant exposure to the kind of people who hold positions in the Club? Teachers chosen by those who have the ruthlessness and cunning to seize power in that kind of organization? When they have the Kings and Queens of the Club as role models?"

"What chance would such children have." It isn't a question. Amaranth doesn't believe they would have any chance at all. Merely the next generation of cold and ruthless manipulators. Within two little decades half of them would be dead and the other half would be as bad as the current crop in the Club.

Conner - "Once things have been fully established here, they will at least have another option to choose from. Safe and comfortable shelter in an environment free from the politics and prejudices of the outside world. We do not care if their powers are a matter of genetic chance, some kind of experiment gone awry, or anything in between. As long as their intentions are reasonably pure and behavior allows, there will be a place they can not just survive but prosper, and on their own terms."

Amaranth could easily tell this was a subject Conner took personally, simply by the subtle change in tone and the body language of leaning in closer even though they were alone with no one to overhear.

Conner - "They will be offered training in the use of their powers, mandatory until shown they are no longer a threat to themselves and others from lack of experience, advanced combat training if they choose to pursue it. Fully paid tuition to any place of higher learning to better themselves in any field that interests them. Not to mention a private room and generous stipend so they can actually enjoy themselves on their off time, develop a social life outside these walls. All of this comes with no obligation, this is not a recruiting tool, anyone can go their own way with our blessing and have our best wishes follow them wherever they go."

#225 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: She bit the inside of her lips to try and prevent the smirk from spreading across her face. Ian's hatred of animals roaming his domain had always been a source of intense amusement for her. The recollection of finding Tally curled up in one of his perfectly tailored suit jackets was a memory that would live with her forever. "Not a pony, Dad. It's more a....err guardian than a pet. He's kind of...wolfish."

#226 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "I am glad to hear that. The Academy is poisonous the more children that can be saved from the fangs of the HFC the better." Not to mention the issues of safety. Hell Fire Academy would be constantly in danger, always under threat due to the types of individuals the Club attracted. The children would never be spared the conflict.

"But on to another matter. That is the matter of your alignment regarding the Court of Arcani itself."

#227 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: ( considering going rockstar style and just stripping the room of everything but a chair a bed and place to hnag clothes. Destroy the rest lol)

(Ian will just shake his head and move on...it's your room)

@rain_eclipse_ves: She bit the inside of her lips to try and prevent the smirk from spreading across her face. Ian's hatred of animals roaming his domain had always been a source of intense amusement for her. The recollection of finding Tally curled up in one of his perfectly tailored suit jackets was a memory that would live with her forever. "Not a pony, Dad. It's more a....err guardian than a pet. He's kind of...wolfish."

Ellie was treated to one of the rare are you kidding me looks when he was actually annoyed. Her two walking shedding machines were one thing, but anything described as wolfish in subtle terms did not amuse him.

Ian - "Where did you come upon something...wolfish...and why are you torturing me by having to bring it along with you?"

@rain_eclipse_ves: "I am glad to hear that. The Academy is poisonous the more children that can be saved from the fangs of the HFC the better." Not to mention the issues of safety. Hell Fire Academy would be constantly in danger, always under threat due to the types of individuals the Club attracted. The children would never be spared the conflict.

"But on to another matter. That is the matter of your alignment regarding the Court of Arcani itself."

Conner - "Well it appears that the shoe is on the other foot, I may be aware of some of the Court's actions, but the motivations behind them are speculation at best. Until you educate me further on the subject it would be unfair to even take a stance without hearing your side first."

His knowledge on the subject was far more advanced than let on, but even then it was all culled from outside sources, this would be the first time to hear it directly from the horse's mouth. Overall their intended mission seemed to be of a beneficial nature, but their courses of action left something to be desired to a point. Either way he had learned long ago to always be receptive to new information, sometimes simple discoveries could vastly change a long held perspective.

#228 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: The smile broke free as she avoided his eyes, muttering nearly inaudibly underneath her breath. "Quintus gave him to me, he looks over me, didn't leave my side after I was...hurt." The phone in her pocket buzzed as a new text arrived and she quickly pulled it out, shot Renegade a reply and slid it back in. "You'll love him."

#229 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mmm." Amaranth grunted as he leaned back in his chair.

"The motivations of the Court as a whole involves the preservation of the mutant race, and the support of the mutant race wherever possible. Do you have any specific questions?"

#230 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck loves.

TY

@rain_eclipse_ves: The smile broke free as she avoided his eyes, muttering nearly inaudibly underneath her breath. "Quintus gave him to me, he looks over me, didn't leave my side after I was...hurt." The phone in her pocket buzzed as a new text arrived and she quickly pulled it out, shot Renegade a reply and slid it back in. "You'll love him."

Ellie could see the silent look of inevitable acceptance the moment she mentioned that the beast was a gift from her now departed twin brother. While Ian never held Quintus in high regard over the years, even less so closer to his final days, he was still her brother and anything that offered her comfort over the loss was not going to be denied.

Ian - "One of these days I am not going to simply fold for you like origami, but not today. Be warned, if it gets in my office or bedroom I'll put a bounty on it and Sakura will take care of for me."

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Mmm." Amaranth grunted as he leaned back in his chair.

"The motivations of the Court as a whole involves the preservation of the mutant race, and the support of the mutant race wherever possible. Do you have any specific questions?"

He could not help as to chuckle as his own style as to a line of questioning was turned back on himself. Amaranth was apparently willing to give only as much as he got in return, establishing a long term understanding between the two was going to be an elaborate affair. A battle of wits between a stubborn bastard, and an ancient one.

Conner - "One would be what The Court considers the place mutantkind deserves, and what they intend to do to see it come to fruition. The second would be how their recent involvement in Venezuela fit into that larger picture."

#231 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

a black mice scurried into the area

The automated drones that handles all housekeeping needs for Haven chase the mouse around to keep it from making it's way into the residential areas.

#232 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Armed with the specifics Amaranth answers the questions honestly. An alliance can be build upon lies, many were, but the alliance only lasted as long as the lie itself. Those were uncertain foundations and Amaranth avoided building uncertain positions whenever possible.

"Mutantkind will inherit the earth. This is not because of any diabolical plan to enslave or exterminate the world, simply because mutants are mother natures way of searching for the next stage in humanity. I do not know what that may be, but I do know that it will be. Eventually the numbers of mutants born will outnumber humans. And sooner or later there will be no more humans left, mutants will be the new 'human'."

"To see that come to pass we simply intend to prevent the extermination of the mutant race, and preserve mutant life wherever possible. This is not entirely altruistic. The more mutants that live the greater genetic diversity the mutant race possesses and the sooner we become the most numerous species."

He begins to explain Venezuela as well, the actions of the Court in that area might seem a mystery to many. "Venezuela was my own undertaking, not the Court as a whole. The resources deployed there were ONLY those under my personal command and that of a friend who assisted me. It was my hope to prevent the expansion of the Cardinals and preserve the stability of a threatened region. Of course I had less noble goals as well, such as the need for funding. Had I been successful the Venezuelan government would have provided me with an extensive amount of cash and good will in the region."

In Amaranth's view the questions were both reasonable and logical. Both could be matters of grave concern with the motivation was not known.

#233 Edited by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

the mice makes a run for it towards the kitchen at peak rodent speed, which isn't that much. Looking for a slip to enter.

#234 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "See...I feel like that wouldn't go the way you'd want it to." Ellie was already planning mischief that she and the ever-entertaining Sakura could wreak on Ian's life. One of them alone could cow him, the two of them together would be an unstoppable force should they ever put their minds to it. "He knows how to behave."

#235 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Armed with the specifics Amaranth answers the questions honestly. An alliance can be build upon lies, many were, but the alliance only lasted as long as the lie itself. Those were uncertain foundations and Amaranth avoided building uncertain positions whenever possible.

"Mutantkind will inherit the earth. This is not because of any diabolical plan to enslave or exterminate the world, simply because mutants are mother natures way of searching for the next stage in humanity. I do not know what that may be, but I do know that it will be. Eventually the numbers of mutants born will outnumber humans. And sooner or later there will be no more humans left, mutants will be the new 'human'."

"To see that come to pass we simply intend to prevent the extermination of the mutant race, and preserve mutant life wherever possible. This is not entirely altruistic. The more mutants that live the greater genetic diversity the mutant race possesses and the sooner we become the most numerous species."

He begins to explain Venezuela as well, the actions of the Court in that area might seem a mystery to many. "Venezuela was my own undertaking, not the Court as a whole. The resources deployed there were ONLY those under my personal command and that of a friend who assisted me. It was my hope to prevent the expansion of the Cardinals and preserve the stability of a threatened region. Of course I had less noble goals as well, such as the need for funding. Had I been successful the Venezuelan government would have provided me with an extensive amount of cash and good will in the region."

In Amaranth's view the questions were both reasonable and logical. Both could be matters of grave concern with the motivation was not known.

As he listened intently it was not hard to pick out the almost militant tone as the Court of Arcani and their ideals were laid out to him. There was little to be surprised, his own private shadow war with Black Cell had made him all too aware of how the darker side of humanity would treat what they feared would overtake them and left to an uncertain future. Not to say that he agreed with the inevitability that Amaranth had in mind for the future of the world.

Conner - "I may not be an expert on evolution, but what I do know for sure is that nothing is inevitable. While true mutants are assured to increase in numbers over time, neither humanity or mutantkind is guaranteed to become the next dominant species. Nature has a funny way of changing the game without regard to the plans of specks like you and me. What I can assure you is that I believe mutants have as much right to thrive as any other, to determine their own destiny, but not at the cost of others. All sides should co-exist in the best way possible and let nature run it's course, life itself is the only winner."

As the discussion turned to the events in Venezuela, he could sympathize with the intentions for involvement. Himself having minor involvement until being called away for business of even greater importance. The Cardinals bold move in the attempt to claim an entire country for themselves was exactly the kind of event that would turn the world against the metahuman community further and empower Black Cell.

Conner - "We are still very far apart from being established allies, so you have to understand I am currently unwilling to offer direct funding until I feel safe it is being used in a manner that does not conflict with our own ideals. That said money is one thing we have in an overabundance, goods of a non-military nature such as food and medical supplies would not fall under that category and if you find yourself in need for your people, please let me know.

@rain_eclipse_ves:

the mice makes a run for it towards the kitchen at peak rodent speed, which isn't that much. Looking for a slip to enter.

(Haven is an open community, you do not need an excuse to enter and interact. As for sneaking around, it is all but impossible.)

#236 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: The mice then decides to morph into an anthropomorphic figure that resembled a certain mouse from a famous classic MGM series, bipedal and small. Then decides to enter from the front door.

#237 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "See...I feel like that wouldn't go the way you'd want it to." Ellie was already planning mischief that she and the ever-entertaining Sakura could wreak on Ian's life. One of them alone could cow him, the two of them together would be an unstoppable force should they ever put their minds to it. "He knows how to behave."

Ian failed to respond out of dignity as he knew it to be true, both women knew that while his will was undeniable in his work, he was a complete sucker in his personal life for those he cared for.

#238 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Amaranth nods in understanding, chuckling softly as he does so. "If you are offering food and medical supplies I will take as much as you can spare the very moment you can spare it."

He explains his motivations. "The Court operates a large number of hospitals and clinics across the world. From small clinics in the basement of Flock members, to trucks with food and provisions for those who are forced to dwell in remote location, to mutants whose mutations cause them difficulty even surviving one of the foremost duties of the Court is medical services."

"Many mutants live in poverty, or are excluded from medical services in their community. Sadly in America many mutants are forced to chose between going to the hospital and freedom, due to the Registration Act. In some areas food is a concern as well."

"But while we are on the subject of donations we could also use educational supplies. Many mutants are denied educations because of gender, such as in many areas in the middle east, simple poverty, or the Registration Act in America."

"I cannot in good faith turn aside any basic supplies you could provide." At one time such requests had chaffed Amaranth's pride. It was hard for him to swallow asking someone for help, especially a near complete stranger. But centuries of watching mutants starve to death, die of basic infections, or lack even the most rudimentary education had crushed such impulses. Amaranth had a duty and duty came before hubris.

#239 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: She pulled him down for a brusque kiss on the cheek, knowing that despite the grouching, he'd give in to her wants and needs if it benefited here, even if it did the opposite for him. "I'm going to go set up some stuff with my contractors."

#240 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Under his actual identity of Dr. Ian Pierce, he was well aware of the numerous obstacles many metahumans face with even basic medical needs. Over the years he had helped their community in a discreet manner, using proxies to try to right an unforgivable wrong, but was now in a position to do far more. Reaching slowly into a front pocket a single white business card was taken out and slid across the table directly in front of Amaranth.

Conner - "Here is my direct contact information, make a list of things you need based on priority and give me 48 hours to get the first care package ready for pickup. We can arrange on a date and time for you to come by so everyone knows your coming by with transport and avoid any potential unintended conflicts."

As the former owner of the largest private medical device and research and development corporation, he very well knew how to get his hands on practically anything Amaranth could need. Not to mention that the idea of Black Cell's own funds being used to heal, educate, and feed the very people they intended to eliminate gave him the warm and fuzzies.

#241 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: The mice then decides to morph into an anthropomorphic figure that resembled a certain mouse from a famous classic MGM series, bipedal and small. Then decides to enter from the front door.

What the f*ck? Either that is a shape shifter or someone on the team has already decided to punk me

@rain_eclipse_ves: She pulled him down for a brusque kiss on the cheek, knowing that despite the grouching, he'd give in to her wants and needs if it benefited here, even if it did the opposite for him. "I'm going to go set up some stuff with my contractors."

Ian - "You know you have been in such a hurry to play with your new toys, you still haven't asked why your really here. Don't think your just going to get to freeload on my fortune, eat ice cream, and watch Firefly reruns. I told you my plans involved you, aren't you even the slightest bit curious as to how?"

#242 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

The creature bears a resemblance to a mix between mighty mouse, the head of deadmau5, with the teeth of a chain chomp. A collage caricature of several fictional beings, rounded hands that can grab and an overall dark body with a chrome tint to it. Looking for a wheel or a slice...

of cheese

#243 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

The creature bears a resemblance to a mix between mighty mouse, the head of deadmau5, with the teeth of a chain chomp. A collage caricature of several fictional beings, rounded hands that can grab and an overall dark body with a chrome tint to it. Looking for a wheel or a slice...

of cheese

Conner - "Something I can help you with?"

His eyes had seen many things that others would consider to strange to exist, but this one neared the top of the list. Strange as it was he had no intention of dismissing a visitor based on appearance, there was enough discrimination in the world and he wanted no part of it.

#244 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4819 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "We're gonna be big damn heroes, right?" She playfully stuck her tongue out while resting her hands in her lap. Truthfully, she hadn't thought overly much about what exactly the game plan was here, as she had no intent of being overly involved with it. "Lay it out for me."

#245 Posted by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

"Cheese, can I have a cup of cheese?"

Said the entity in a baritone as the upper mouth is pulled back like a hoodie to reveal a figure inside, resembling a toad. One which is riding the vessel known as the black mice, two things in one body. The brain, the brawn. Both with intent to get the cheese, and they will do it peacefully.

#246 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Amaranth accepts the card with a grateful nod. "I will do that as soon as possible Conner. You have my gratitude." He left it at that. This would save many lives, and no more needed to be said.

"I have a few operational questions about the team here, if you have the time."

#247 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "We're gonna be big damn heroes, right?" She playfully stuck her tongue out while resting her hands in her lap. Truthfully, she hadn't thought overly much about what exactly the game plan was here, as she had no intent of being overly involved with it. "Lay it out for me."

He could not help but shake his head at how she could just shrug off things that would seem crushing to others, always trusting that Ian would work it out, or already had. This time everything was different, even though she would be correct in assuming everything would have been laid out before her very arrival, things were still not set in stone until he was sure she was on board in a manner that fit.

Ian - "All your life you have been forced to live under a legacy you wanted nothing more than to escape the shadow of. I know you were always jealous that no matter how difficult my chosen path was, it was never forced upon me. I have my own legacy, but it will likely always remain a mystery, the details of which never coming to light. I want the Sovereigns to be our legacy, the one we do together, our way. I asked you to come here because I want you to build it with me, we both know there is no way I can be here all the time, too many other obligations. Your the only one I could ever entrust to lead in my absence."

#248 Posted by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

At the moment the room Sakura had in Avalon was still relatively barren though it was all the blossom eyed asailant needed. Night was aproaching thus why her eyes went from their jade to pink, and she liked to keep the room to a 'natural' lighting thus it was mostly dark. Despite the fact in truth the room was being lit by an artificial means. The simplest request to William and the room had both an aparent storm outside to help set the mood and a music play list going to acomadate. And with that she began to run through the motions, targets, dispatching them, and movement flowing into muscle memory. (tis also a gif test)

Elektra

#249 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

"Cheese, can I have a cup of cheese?"

Said the entity in a baritone as the upper mouth is pulled back like a hoodie to reveal a figure inside, resembling a toad. One which is riding the vessel known as the black mice, two things in one body. The brain, the brawn. Both with intent to get the cheese, and they will do it peacefully.

Conner - "Any particular preference? The kitchens are pretty well stocked so if you have a favorite I'll have a housekeeping drone fetch it for you."

Guy wants cheese and comes here instead of Whole Foods...

@rain_eclipse_ves: Amaranth accepts the card with a grateful nod. "I will do that as soon as possible Conner. You have my gratitude." He left it at that. This would save many lives, and no more needed to be said.

"I have a few operational questions about the team here, if you have the time."

Conner - "Money has no meaning unless it is used for something of importance. Improving the lives of the less fortunate and discriminated against requires no thanks, it should be the norm. As for operations, feel free to ask, but things are not yet fully in place, personnel are still being brought back from the field. I may not have a definitive answer at this time, but I'll answer as best I can."

#250 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Well my primary question would be fairly simple. HOW do you make the changes you want to make?" Amaranth explains his question in terms of functional details. "What I mean by that is, you have a lot of money, and a lot of resources from what I can see. But people don't line up, compare bank accounts, and the loser goes home." A flash of teeth and a gruff chuckle. "Lets say another situation like Venezuela How do you translate your resources into changes in the 'on the ground' reality?"