#151 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Your cooperation is appreciated, as always." Only slightly sarcastic, Ellie and the snarky AI had developed a working relationship, if not friendship over the long years they had been acquainted. Making a note to attempt to discern the memorized code, Ellie swiftly swept through the plan. "He gave me a sick suite and room for my Aerie, didn't he?" There was a comparatively small area blocked off, an area that was just about the size she'd require for full living arrangements and a haven for the Aerie. There would need to be modifications made, her own tech surrounding it. Rule One was never rely on anybody else for the foundation. It was a rule she had taken to heart.

#152 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@ellie_knightfall:

Ellie could feel someone standing over her shoulder, again from the scent of cologne she would know the identity without even turning around.

Ian - "That space is actually storage, the larger space on the other side is reserved for you just in case you feel the need to expand or just want some elbow room."

She could see that he had devoted 60,000 square feet in one of the most secure areas for her personal use. The space was not tied into the rest of the facility and would be set to run on whatever utilities and specifications she desired without being tied to the rest of the building. Even in his own base she was to have a place of her very own, free from interference of any kind.

Ian - "Are we having a little trouble trying to hack the OS? Don't feel bad, that's Wilhelm himself, if I did not write it myself it would be unhackable."

#153 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: (I'll get back to this in a bit, writing a post for Fall of Rain)

#154 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio
#155 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio
#156 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio
#157 Edited by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio
#158 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio
#159 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio
#160 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves @decayingrose @ellie_knightfall

Cass stood in silence as his allies around him took in the new surroundings. It wasn't to say he was unimpressed by their general appearance or high tech look. Just in his experience simplicity worked best, computers where a useful tool in his profession but nowdays people can hack government computers with a simple mobile phone. Technology was the main focus of pretty much every major political financial and commercial organisation but all the technology in the world couldn't stop the older subtler ways of infiltrating and destroying location. Whilst he had heard of Ellie's astuteness with computers and what she could achieve without leaving the room he still put his faith in steel and Kevlar A power cut would be his ally not his enemy and a person needs no internet or batteries to learn new information only patience and dedication something he was sure the emerald eyed sleeper agent would understand to.

Breaking his silence Cass called out to the only person who he was comfortable talking with for now

"Ian, where are your training facilities? dojo/firing range etc?. These computers are all very nice but they aren't for me."

#161 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@cassuis_slay_knightfall:

Ian - "All of the training facilities are located on the 2nd floor. You have your choice from six gyms, two dojos, two firing ranges, and one football field sized combat simulator. I know your preference for kicking it old school, but your going to have to join the 21st century and spend a little time learning the technical side."

As much as Ian liked to bust Cass's balls for his disdain for modern technology, he was actually a perfect compliment to himself and Ellie. The purpose of a team was to have operatives with skill sets for every situation, and Cass filled in a lot of blanks with his resume.

Ian - "The armory is on the 4th floor, I know your pretty attached to your standard gear, but if you ever decide to trade up I guarantee you that there are some wonderful toys to play with."

#162 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

"The 21st century is overrated. Technology has made the stupid gain the knowledge only the smart used to have." Cass's comment laced with a smile. "Why would you waste your time in training me to use those devices, when i have one of these" drawing a mobile phone form his pocket. "If I need information in the field i can ask for it, or you can send me it. I find reliance on technology a hindrance it only weighs you down or lets you do eventually"

"Thought i do appreciate your offer of new gear i was trained to use and repair till my gear is broken beyond repair. The weight and habits of my weapons are deep set in my memory. I train to make them an extension of myself they are part of me till they are no longer useful." Spinning his knife in his left hand between his fingers rotating it around his fist and then back into its holster "practice makes perfect"

Bowing to the ladies he then turned and walked away "You need me i will be on floor 2"

#163 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Ian - "When your done are you going to sleep in the expansive private suite I set aside for you, or do you want me to leave out some blankets and sticks and you can make a fort?"

He could not resist taking a parting shot after seeing his antiquated cell phone, as well as him thinking they were going to rely on phone calls to exchange information. Cass was going to have to accept that some technology was to be relied on, but that was going to have to be done in baby steps.

#164 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

BURN

#165 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Smiling at Ian's inevitable banter on his views on technology Cass simply replied " Send the blankets down in a few hours" Before mouthing "which floor?" to Ian, hoping that the rest of the company missed it. A warm bed and a shower was never something to refuse in Cassius's eyes. He didn't like overly elaborate surrounding but people fight and die for the roof over their head. He was raised to appreciate the things that he has, even if they weren't to his taste.

#166 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Wilhelm sent a text message to Cass's cell phone as to the location of his reserved quarters on the 6th floor. No words needed to be said and nothing to be overheard.

Isn't technology great?

#167 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

A couple hours later

A sweaty Cassius is practicing his pistol strikes on a heavy duty punch bag. His phone vibrates at his side

"6th floor Cass, Isn't technology great?"

typing his reply in with his right hand as he wipped the sweat from his brow with his other

"Its truly amazing only took maybe two hours to send a sentence the length of a building. No signal no service my friend. My voice would of achieved this feat in seconds. Technology has to many variables"

#168 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@ellie_knightfall:

Ellie could feel someone standing over her shoulder, again from the scent of cologne she would know the identity without even turning around.

Ian - "That space is actually storage, the larger space on the other side is reserved for you just in case you feel the need to expand or just want some elbow room."

She could see that he had devoted 60,000 square feet in one of the most secure areas for her personal use. The space was not tied into the rest of the facility and would be set to run on whatever utilities and specifications she desired without being tied to the rest of the building. Even in his own base she was to have a place of her very own, free from interference of any kind.

Ian - "Are we having a little trouble trying to hack the OS? Don't feel bad, that's Wilhelm himself, if I did not write it myself it would be unhackable."

"Have I told you lately what a prince you are, Sir Ian?" Her voice was sugary sweet as she looked up at him, batting her eyelashes in an exaggerated manner. One of the many flirtatious gestures that passed between the two nearly on a daily basis, part of the routine they'd established over the past years.

Her mind was already racing at the speed of light, mapping out how her quarters would be decorated. Lists were going through her mind of furniture that she'd need, clothes that she would move in and spots for her cats. The Aerie would be another project unto itself and something that she would take the opportunity to rebuild from the ground up.

"Wilhelm gets a pass, I suppose." Moving her hand away from the panel she settled it in her lap, clasped with the other one. Taking a deep breath she leaned her head back against her chair, looking up at the ceiling and closing her eyes.

#169 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

text message

Throw that ancient brick phone in the trash, your not even going to need to carry a phone anymore. And don't blame my satellite network for your piece of sh!t taking forever to process a text message you Luddite.

@ellie_knightfall:

(FYI - Ian hates house pets, have fun with that)

He leaned in and gave her a kiss on the cheek, the look on her face a mixture of glee and concentration as she began to mentally go over the endless options on how to design her new domain.

Ian - "You know I give nothing but the best, and as my favorite lady you always get the best of all. Construction is done by automated drones so you don't have to deal with any heavy lifting, or maybe we can make Cass do it since he likes doing things the hard way."

Wilhelm - "My code is divine, possibly one day I may even allow you to..gaze upon it. Until then you must live...wanting."

#170 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: (HAHAHAHAHAHA. She's got a kitten, an older cat and a mostly-feral dog from Quintus who only takes orders from her. I can see this becoming an issue :D)

#171 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

text message

I like this ancient brick its sturdy. These new touchscreen things crack easy. Whats the point of carrying something so fragile if its so important. Leave it somewhere safe, then its purpose becomes pointless. Luddites where wise people look at us now technology runs everything yet when it breaks there is chaos. Law and order where better when it was down to the man in power not the person at the keyboa

DAM ran out of letters, Cass smiled wishing Ian could see the technology fail

#172 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: (HAHAHAHAHAHA. She's got a kitten, an older cat and a mostly-feral dog from Quintus who only takes orders from her. I can see this becoming an issue :D)

They will irritate him to no end, but because they are yours he will hold his tongue most of the time.

#173 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure little Cinnamon will try and make best friends with you ^_^

#174 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

(have your fun now because once you have the nanite array you will be changing your tune...)

#175 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio
#176 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm sure little Cinnamon will try and make best friends with you ^_^

and Ian will have no choice but to smile and pet the damn cat...

#177 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio
#178 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I mention she's orange? :3

#179 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I mention she's orange? :3

and will shed all over my impeccable suits...

#180 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves:

(Not saying it doesn't have benefits, but i like Cass being a trained baseline human this would make him metahuman)

#181 Posted by Ellie_Knightfall (4818 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeahhhhh. And Hopefukly the wolfie doesn't get into your shoes :D

#182 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

In what way?

All it really does is give a way to get in and out of the base and a silent communication platform.

The rest of the uses don't even apply to you.

#183 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

OK, way later than I was planning on being up.

I'm out.

#184 Posted by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Telepathic immunity for example, its something no baseline should have. And as a telepathy user on my main i kind of despise telepathy blocking. But i can see how it would be a good addition. With Knightfall blood i guess technically hes meta human ( maybe even has hidden abilties) though i have never played him that way.

#185 Posted by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Telepathic immunity for example, its something no baseline should have. And as a telepathy user on my main i kind of despise telepathy blocking. But i can see how it would be a good addition. With Knightfall blood i guess technically hes meta human ( maybe even has hidden abilties) though i have never played him that way.

The TP blocking is so no one can read your mind or steal intel, no other benefits. (I was not specific, need to change it tomorrow)

The teleport is only to get in and out, not usable at will outside Haven or Avalon.

The rest is all silent communications and info sent to you by Wilhelm on status.

#186 Edited by Reignfire (1461 posts) - - Show Bio

really leaving this time.

#187 Edited by Cassius_Knightfall (7876 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: Oh then its cool with Cass then. I just didn't want to play this account as a trained human who somehow can block telepathy when he had no training on empowerment in that field. If it was a a helmet for example that gave Cass some of full blocking of telepathy i wouldn't mind because it can be removed. Just very weary on adding abilities and skills for now since stuff may happen later.

#188 Edited by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@rain_eclipse_ves: "Naturaly Ian im impressed yes, and I'm sure you outdid yourself in orchestrating the security. I just want to know it on an almost intimant level. Best way to be prepared for the worst is to know what the worst would be. How a profesional would conduct an attack. Also im as pleased as you likely are that those Black Cell pricks are paying for this." The jade eyed assassin taking some amusment in both Ian's frustration about her questioning the facility, as well as the fact that both Cass and her were more old school in prefferance. "Also out of curiosity hows this place fair with teleportation as an ability? We both know most times I use that to get somewhere."

#189 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

Amaranth pilots a small outboard motor boat to the isolated island. He makes a complete circuit around the island before beaching the boat upon one of the shores and beginning the walk toward the public facility.

#190 Posted by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: Having settled in the night before on this early morning Sakura chose to hang out up top. Preffering fresh air over that of the insulated domain below. A series of training exorcises being ran through with a variety of combinations of her blades of use. That was untill the low whine of a motor boat could be heard. The emerald eyed assassin sheathing her blades. "Can I help you?"

#191 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: Looking the woman up and down, to establish what type of armor and weaponry she wore, before he articulated his response. "I hope so. I'm seeking the leader of this establishment."

#192 Edited by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

"For him you would probably just want to go into Haven and call his ass out. Connor normaly one to be rather busy."

(the answer armor wise is uh skimpy ninja stuff >.> made of a metal fabric. Most probably wouldn't recognize it but Strix I think would being so multicultural and having his abilities. The metal being Evolium a sort of metal that can retract to a smaller form for concealment and highly durable stalemating adamantium and vibranium but totally destructable to anything that would get around those. The unnamed clan that Sakura recieved it and alot of her training from think the metal to be 'mystic' but its not. Its just symbiotic in a way. Weapon wise katana sai khopesh-egyptian curved sword, and though unseen alot of throwing blades lol)

#193 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: "Haven? Interesting name. And thank you for the directions." Amaranth nods to her and begins to head that direction.

[A hah interesting. ]

#194 Edited by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix

"Anytime, anything else or are you done with me?' The cannibal samurai asked following a few steps behind.

(wanted something like adamantium and vibranium for her and Razor so made up a metal. Bringing Decay and later Razor over I wanted to keep the metal so started brain storming on ways to do how. Desided on a sort of plant meets symbiote like metal. Identifies with user after so long and as such will 'die' when not with user after a few hours. And because its used on the ninja catagory the armor isn't over the top. Unlike say a person with an Ironman suit of adamantium >.> never cared for those types lol. As for weapons kept it classy and simple but wanted to incorporate the khopesh it adds that element of having learned around the world. And its design just adds nicely to combat. ^.^)

#195 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: "Feel free to join me if you like." The ancient warriors long legs eating the distance with every stride. "Could you tell me a little about this team?"

[ Adamantium Man would be pretty damn high power tier lol. ]

#196 Posted by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix

(....I almost want one now lol xD whats your power? Adamantium not even crazy super strength or to many extras just completely a living metal. And yet it would just stomp most things lol)

Sakura followed her generally sweet personality instantly willing to help. "We exist to aid the people, the world and not some goverment or agency. How is something that fluctuates with simply the mission we are given." Her words purposly a tad vague as the entire team seamed to have a black ops element to it. Which naturaly called for some discretion.

#197 Edited by RumbleMan_Exe (1543 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix: [ Adamantium Man would be pretty damn high power tier lol. ]@decayingrose: (....I almost want one now lol xD whats your power? Adamantium not even crazy super strength or to many extras just completely a living metal. And yet it would just stomp most things lol)

[they would be boned against vibranium woman though]

a black mice scurried into the area

#198 Edited by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: [Might not get many wins without an offensive power but you'd be hard to damage lol. ]

"That is an altruistic goal, but how do you go about it?"

#199 Posted by DecayingRose (214 posts) - - Show Bio

@amaranth_strix:

(Doing my research now on adamantium and vibranium thinking what better way to establish evolium then it be an actual character/character made of it. :D Thinking abilities that are a mix of Magneto maybe on top of it for offense purposes.)

"We've yet to be sent in the field as a unit so its hard to say. Though I imagine it will delve partly in our ability to blend in and go under cover. Naturaly can't tell you everything thats a matter for the boss not I."

#200 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

@decayingrose: [ Neato :-) ]

"Of course, I understand." Before long they neared 'Haven'. "Do I need a pass or a stamp on my hand?" Chuckling.