deactivated-5791574054ba7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Sovereigns

noun

1 – One that exercises supreme, permanent authority, especially in a nation or other governmental unit,

2 – A king, queen, or other noble person who serves as chief of state; a ruler or monarch.

3 – A national governing council or committee.

4 – A nation that governs territory outside its borders.

5 – A gold coin formerly used in Great Britain.

adj

1 – Self-governing; independent: a sovereign state.

2 – Having supreme rank or power: a sovereign prince.

3 – Paramount; supreme: Her sovereign virtue is compassion.

4 – Of superlative strength or efficacy: a sovereign remedy.

5 – Unmitigated: sovereign contempt.

It is amazing how one word can have so many meanings, many of which are diametrically opposed to it's very self. Using such a name is a constant reminder that power in any form can be abused even with the most valiant of intentions. If there is one elemental truth when it comes to extensive power in a small number of hands, it is:

Absolute Power, Corrupts Absolutely

No tenet more aptly explains the state of the world today. Metahuman conflicts and grasps for power have evolved from their own community, to the world stage. The geopolitical balance is now in disarray, no politician or government could ever be prepared for a single individual or group to ever wield such personal power and resources. One needs only to glance at every recent event to see that it's genesis resides in one of the select few attempting to force their rule or beliefs on the world, with or without their permission.

As the power base of the metahuman community has grown, so have the stakes and devastation left behind in the aftermath of every private war. If left to their own devices it is only a matter of time before the aggression of a single entity forces the hand of either the United Nations or remaining superpowers. How long can the worlds governments find themselves backed into the corner by a power left unchecked too long before taking a stand?

Already a secret paramilitary organization known as Black Cell lies waiting in the wings for metahumans to set the stage for their own destruction through their continued arrogance. Quietly rearming after a devastating setback 3 years prior, they wait until the political climate will make their inevitable strike not only free of reprisal, but supported by the frightened masses. For years the balance has been kept by primarily one man, responsible for stopping many threats before they could achieve the status and power of a Hellfire Club, or Cardinal affiliate, but times have changed and some threats have grown beyond the ability of any one person to keep in the balance. As the times change, so must one's tactics in response to them.

The Sovereigns are dedicated to proactively act as a check and balance for the metahuman community. Their sole purpose is to monitor and intervene as needed should any single person or group gains too much power or influence, and to tip the scales to counteract them. Their agents are specifically chosen from varied backgrounds and prior allegiances to allow for the perspective of all sides when deciding on a course of action. The organization has no ties to any government or agency, and even their funding and benefactors remains a mystery. All that is known for sure is that they are beholden to no one and will stand up to any threat deemed necessary for the greater good.

Team Tenets

Involvement will always favor the greater good over the established authority

No allegiance to any country, government, agency, or faction.

No support for any kind of metahuman registration, direct opposition to abuse of it.

Team resources will not be used for personal gain or ambitions without reason.

We exist to save lives, but if our hand if forced will take them when necessary.

Headquarters

The group maintains a dual headquarters system, one known to the public and available for access at all times and open to guests, the other the true secure facility holding the most sensitive of equipment and materials.

Haven (Public HQ) - Stationed on the shores of North Rock, an area long in dispute between the United States and Canada until purchased from both in a transaction attributed to both as to a private owner. Legally not bound to either country and treated as an independent territory.

The building is primarily used for non-critical functions such as social interactions with interested parties, or as temporary accommodations for guests. Each team member has a secured living quarters assigned to them to which no other member has access to in respect to privacy. Offices and meeting spaces are available on demand and the amenity level is quite elaborate to encourage visitation. As a smart-building it is self sufficient and requires no permanent staff on hand.

(Note: Anyone can visit, minor destruction is OK, no leveling it or bypassing security without permission)

Shadowland (Private HQ) – Built entirely underground on Machias Seal Island, also in the vicinity of the formerly disputed territories. The surface has been left completely undeveloped as to not disturb the local ecosystem or draw attention to the barren island itself.

The underground fortress encompasses over 4.2 million square feet distributed between 6 floors. Not all of the space is currently assigned for use and will be modified over time.

Unknown to even the members of the team, Shadowland does not actually reside buried beneath the Earth on Machias Seal Island. Every time they believe to be accessing the facility by teleportation they are actually being spacefolded to it's true location, buried deep within the dead earth of (AR-1977)

Sixth Floor - Personal Quarters, Recreational Facilities

Fifth Floor - Offices, Meeting Rooms

Fourth Floor - Armory

Third Floor - Armistice Private Lab, Fabrication facilities, Oracle Private Lab,

Second Floor - Combat Simulator, Dojos (2), Firing Ranges (2), Gyms (6)

First Floor - Drone Bays, Storage and Utilities

The organizations vast funding and access to unheard of technology makes this HQ all but invisible to any form of detection by any known means. Access to this facility is available only to authorized team members via a dedicated teleportation system or one of a handful of secure physical entry points. Every team member has a custom nanite array injected into them that assigns all privileged functions based on seniority and trust level.

Members also have their primary secure living quarters at this location. Any and all imaginable training and transportation resources are at hand, and whatever is not already available can be provided within reason. As a smart building all functions are automated and the facility has no staff whatsoever. The facility is set up to operate in a self-sufficient state for years without outside assistance and operates completely independent of any national grids for utilities or communications.

Organizational Structure

(Note: The team is inactive and this is the roster only represents its last incarnation)

Leadership Roster

Reignfire (actually Armistice operating under one of his personas)

Executor Roster– These are the elite field agents of the society, as well as treated as council on all major decisions concerning the organization. Each member is considered an equal and are encouraged to speak their mind on any matter that they deem important. There is no discrimination based on reputation or power level. Each member was brought into the organization for their unique perspective as much as their abilities. All are provided with a substantial salary and secured expense accounts for all field activities.

Andres Knightfall - The Knightfall Don had a very short tenure towards the end of the teams activity, his presence among the group was at the request of his brother Cassius while he was in command of the team temporarily while Armistice was dealing with unknown matters.

Cassius Slay Knightfall - Founding member and secretly one of Armistices sleeper agents recruited and active around the world before being activated and pulled into service. His original assignment was to guard his sister Ellie during Ian's many absences as to threats to her from both within and outside the Knightfall clan.

Crazy Eights - Later recruit who also joined the roster while the team was under the command of Cassius, a troubled and lost soul looking for safe haven to deal with a multitude of as yet unexplained mental issues.

Decaying Rose - Founding member and also secretly one of Armistices sleeper agents called into joining the roster upon its onset. Her association with Ian is based upon the belief in a need to repay him for his helping her deal with her unique and macabre hungers.

Ellie Knightfall - Founding member and Ian's long-time apprentice in the development of her personal and technical interests in lieu of the ones defined for her in her past as to her Knightfall legacy and expected role in continuing.

Initiate Roster– These are the trainees and provisionary members, who have yet to earn the title of executor. They are given training by the senior staff in the control and utilization of their powers, primary emphasis is to ensure the Initiate can defend themselves and not cause unintended harm to themselves and others. Advanced training is given should they decide to focus on a career within the metahuman community. There is no cost for these benefits nor is anyone made to feel obligated to join the organization in return. All educational and tuition costs are fully paid for as well as a significant stipend given for a comfortable living in a safe environment.

Honor Girl - Early recruit and far more recently come under the direct tutelage of Armistice. Nicole found herself under his care after almost getting herself killed trying to act as an untrained and far from ready vigilante defender of Gothic City.

Former Members

Cormac - A poor and tortured soul, betrayed by his own body until finding someone finally capable of returning control of his own self in the form of Ian. His term of service was cut short tragically, killed in the line of service by a deadly intruder while Armistice was not present.

Associate - The title of associate is given to anyone whom the team has an ongoing working relationship with, but is not tied to the organization directly. Cooperation and support are given on a case by case basis, as well as for allowing someone to get a feel for how the team operates before considering joining.

(PM any questions in regard to the team to Armistice)

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Charlemagne

Mr. Majestic!

Avatar image for deactivated-5791500128090
deactivated-5791500128090

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mr. Majestic!

I wanted to go with a Wildstorm motif, my first persona was Backlash...

Avatar image for ellie_knightfall
Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Badassssssssssssss

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: I miss old school Wildstorm. Backlash is beast. I've used him a few times back in the day.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Badassssssssssssss

Just another secret Ellie does not know about yet

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: I miss old school Wildstorm. Backlash is beast. I've used him a few times back in the day.

The WildCore team was pretty weak, but Backlash is easily in my Old Image Top 3

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: Ellie is not a fan of secrets.

It does not seem to bother her that she did not at least talk to a certain someone about her recent health related events..

Zeon Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

awesome job, good luck man :)

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ellie_knightfall said:

It does not seem to bother her that she did not at least talk to a certain someone about her recent health related events..

I'm doing interactions one at a time with her :P You and then Andy are next on the list.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeon_liafador:

Thank you

and don't get to comfy on the throne in Venezuela...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves said:

@ellie_knightfall said:

I'm doing interactions one at a time with her :P You and then Andy are next on the list.

excuses, excuses

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zeon Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zeon_liafador:

You won't hear me because you will have one ear pressed into the ground, and the other pressed beneath my heel when your dethroned

Kratesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neato :-) Good luck!

Zeon Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Reaver_

hitting the acount leads to the main page and not to an acount when I try it

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaver_ said:

hitting the acount leads to the main page and not to an acount when I try it

Link fail. give me a sec

Reaver_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ellie_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: Just PMed your Armistice account, want me to just add this one in?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@reaver_:

links are not working, just PM the Rain_Eclipse_Ves account I'm using

Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Charlemagne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Standing alone outside the expansive yet empty Haven complex, it was decided that the time had come to fill the vacancies. initiating the mental link between himself and his integrated artificial intelligence it was time to reach out and touch someone.

Ian - "Wilhelm, execute protocol - The Sleeper Has Awakened"

Wilhelm - "Encrypted messages sent, sleeper agents have been notified to report to the facility"

Relationships were inevitable over the course of eight years playing this game, yet he had always taken every precaution to never link himself to any of his colleagues. Any known direct link would mean being hunted by Black Cell for the rest of their days, and that was something he would never allow. That was why the world would believe that the Sovereigns were led by Reignfire aka Conner Ashton, a well established metahuman persona he had built up over the years, while only those closest to him would know of his true identity.

Dr_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

FINALLY lol good stuff man. I do like a set of tenants sounds far cooler than rules.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_last_arashikage:

Kneel......before.......Zod!

@dr_frank:

I wanted to give people an idea of what the team stands for so they could see if it was a good fit for their character.

Avatar image for andy_steven_summers
Andy Steven Summers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck with the team!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Good luck with the team!

You got the Blue, I got the Grey, and we all know there is plenty of Red to go around

Dr_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Dr_Frank

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dr_frank:

The other team effort was looking to go too straight Blue for my tastes, and we could use a Grey team so it was the direction to go IMO.

Two recruits already so get me to 6+ and I'm more than satisfied.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 9

Forgot to mention as Frank, Avalon mentioned to "That's what the COP's moon base is called" its a solid name i approve.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edwardwindsor:

Is it?

I have used the name in about a half dozen aspects in offline RPG, also the base being an island fit the bill. Did not mean to copy it.

oh wait, that's just Prime so screw you ! :)

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By EdwardWindsor

@rain_eclipse_ves: Yep i should remember i named it lol. As i said its totally cool made me chuckle its just irony that both teams in different verse's have the same name for home.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: Yep i should remember i named it lol. As i said its totally cool made me chuckle its just irony that both teams in different verse's have the same name for home.

Maybe it's providence that CVnU Edward Windsor joins?

sneaky recruiting trick

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: He doesnt exist yet, but he could do. Though would need a major rewrite to have no ties to any country. I am not throwing a flag into space again lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: He doesnt exist yet, but he could do. Though would need a major rewrite to have no ties to any country. I am not throwing a flag into space again lol

That does not mean you need to give up your citizenship or anything, just not working with or for any government, military, or intelligence agency.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: Ah that's more workable. Will see if i get time to make a small alt bio at some point soon so i can use this account.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: Ah that's more workable. Will see if i get time to make a small alt bio at some point soon so i can use this account.

Keep your eye on the other team thread too, see which one is a better fit, either way I'll have a spot for you.

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@edwardwindsor:

Andy, Surkit, PsyKnight, etc. have a PM (not thread) going about a team, I was part of it but dropped out to do this.

I'm out of the loop but it is still in progress as of this afternoon. PM any one of them and I'm sure they will add you if you want to give your two cents or be kept up on the constant updates.

DecayingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rain_eclipse_ves: got some other stuffs to do, college work be callin and well sadly cannibal ninjas have no part there >.>

will drop in tommorow though :) gota hit the ground running and all that sht

EdwardWindsor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ginju

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

badass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kratesis said:

Neato :-) Good luck!

Thank You, make sure to stop by and say hi, Haven has great restaurants, the chicken is to die for

@rain_eclipse_ves: got some other stuffs to do, college work be callin and well sadly cannibal ninjas have no part there >.>

will drop in tommorow though :) gota hit the ground running and all that sht

No problem, still have to figure the other sleepers so don't feel rushed

@rain_eclipse_ves: Would you accept Cassius ?

I do not know that much about him, but if Ellie has vouched for him in the past he is pretty much golden.

Shoot me a PM and we can figure out how to fit it in best. Him being a Knightfall gives me ideas...:)

(just checking in now, will be on later for longer)

@ginju said:

badass

TY

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

This is badass

Ellie_Knightfall