Solaris- Star Born (character intro)

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Solarius

Solaris, in a language that is no longer remembered it means "To be Born From the Death of a Star." This is lack of understanding of course, because the process is less about death and more about a change in life cycles. You see, some stars, not all of them and certainly far from a majority, are living beings, entities that have a life utterly different from what you know. It's funny really, Humans think they know so much about science and how the universe works, but you've only begun to scratch the surface. You pick at low hanging fruit and proclaim yourselves brilliant. I burned for billions of years, I saw a solar system grow up around me and watched over a planet populated by an advanced civilization...and then I saw them die. They died much like Humanity might die, to their own evils, to people bent on watching the world burn. They needed heroes, they had very few, not enough of them certainly. Sure, they got by for awhile, but eventually the heroes were over whelmed. I would have cried, you know, if a star could cry. I had looked after them like my own children, I had watched them grow from the stone ages to an advanced, space faring civilization...and then I watched them die...and I was alone again.

Do you know what it's like to fight against the ever lasting darkness of the cold void in silence, alone for naught but the blink of an eye? I do. There are so few of us living stars, so few that we are never close enough to communicate with one another. Our advanced telepathy is simply not long ranged enough to reach across so many light years. We live and die alone except for the occasional civilization. Those of us who are lucky get to see their civilization advance to the point that they leave home and are safe when you die. So lucky, those very few.

I was alone again after they died and I thought long about my coming death, if that's what you want to call it, but I thought more about what would come next. We living stars, we select few, we do not die as such, but are born again in another form, cast out from our own dying explosions into the universe to be...most anything of our choosing. When the time finally came I opened my mind to the whole galaxy and saw a planet with a population that reminded me of the one I once had. The little civilization was advancing into the stars but warring back home. They called themselves Humans and they needed heroes. When I went Super Nova I chose my new home and catapulted my consciousness at speeds well in excess of the speed of light. Such things are not as limited by physics you see.

As I burned into the Sol system towards an un-living star I chose the form I would take in this second stage of life and then I crashed into the surface of the moon, not far from where a new base had just been constructed. Alive in flesh I now take the name Solaris in honor of the species I once called my children, for it was their language that was forgotten. Forgotten by everyone but me.

As I rose from the dust of the moon I looked up at the Earth rising. My eyes burned like the light of a sun.

No Caption Provided

Character Profile:

Code Name: Solaris

What:

Alien entity who's first cycle of life is as a conscious star.

How:

A hero, plain and simple.

Why:

Solaris saw the rise and fall of a civilization she considered to be like her children. She now sees Humanity facing very similar struggles and refuses to stand by and do nothing.

Powers:

Super Strength (similar level to Super Man)

Energy Blasts- Solaris has a metabolism directly linked to her former existence. She is fueled by the light of a star and can focus and project this light from her hands and eyes, releasing beams of light with the heat of a sun. She can do this indefinitely so long as she is exposed to sunlight. During the night or in darkness she prefers other methods of combat because these attacks can be draining.

Increased Durability (similar level to Super Man)- So long as she is exposed to the light of a sun Solaris is virtually invulnerable to physical damage. This takes the form of not taking obvious physical wounds but she can certainly be rendered unconscious or otherwise incapacitated. Think Super Man, bullets will bounce off, but being smashed by a train takes a bit of getting up, being pounded on relentlessly by a powerful villain or hero will also cause significant problems. Like her energy blasts, Solaris is weakened when not exposed to sun light. If she is in the dark her durability will swiftly decrease until she is just as vulnerable as an ordinary Human. Once exposed to the sun again, this will reverse itself in much the same way.

Flight- Solaris can fly, her speed is not in excess of fighter jets, but she can certainly keep up with them. Unlike some of her other powers, this does not go away in darkness.

No need for air- Solaris does not breath, air is unnecessary except for talking.

Super Heated Surface- Solaris can super heat things she touches by holding onto them and concentrating, this works in exactly the same way as her energy blasts and suffers from the same weaknesses.

Weaponry- When she uses weapons, Solaris prefers a pair of Tonfas for non-lethal combat.

Morality-

Solaris does not enjoy killing, she avoids it at every possible turn. She will go out of her way to save lives and put villains behind bars rather than in coffins. The issue here of course is they often escape. Sometimes Solaris struggles with her power, Humans are fragile creatures and holding back can be difficult for a creature that was once a star. She has killed on accident on more than one occasion , but these incidents tend to be rare. She can have difficulty controlling rage if properly goaded and may cross the line if someone does not talk her down from it.

Edit: Hey everyone this is Time Siphon/ Luna Hawk. This is the character with which I intend to start an all hero League that will work in tandem with Champions International in the same dynamic as the Justice League and Justice League International.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really liked the background to this story. A great character.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we can have fun together

M-174

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers