Sojourn vs Atomikill

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By _Sojourn_

"He's been in this stasis for a week, and his condition hasn't changed any" One doctor stared down a piece of paper, his brows grimaced at what he read. Another, off to the side stood, throwing all of his weight to his left leg and resting his chin on his chest. "I'm not sure if it will ever change. His psyche has been through a complete breakdown. There is no telling how that effected his ability to control his body functions, let alone the abilities his possesses. That's not even to say that at any given moment he that thing will awaken again and kill everything in seconds." The lead doctor on this experiment looked angrily at the other. He received those words like a dagger in the back. He knew what he was attempting was almost unheard of, and yet he had faith in his abilities, which was more than he could say for the man standing next to him. Anticipating the next course of verbal discontent, he went to speak only to be cut off. "I tried to warn you. I truly did, but this was a lost cause from the beginning. You can't fix this man. The wisest, and best decision to be made here is to just give it up and move on..." He left without uttering another word, leaving the lead doctor on the precipice of a downward spiral of his own.

That night, and an entire bottle of Irish Whiskey later, the lead doctor, inebriated and frustrated, would do something he'd soon come to regret. Very soon. This thought had danced one the edges of his dreams and imagination for some time. Truthfully from the very start of this whole project. But with the Ethic board breathing down his neck, a hoard of other brains offering alternatives to the plan, he could never get authorization, not that he ever could in the first place. But tonight he would enact it, there was nothing left to loose. (But of course there was, but being drunk we make horrible decisions)

He went to the lab, where the man stayed unchanged in the stasis tube, floating in a cocktail of chemicals and enzymes. Tubes ran from strewn different places on his physique. The proud and damned dumb doctor upped every dosage of adrenalin he could to the maximum output. Nothing....and then something. Something started to happen. The specimens heart rate rose, his body began to convulse inside the tube, drumming a frenzied and ominous rhythm. One splinter, one crack. One more pound. Eyes open. Anger. Unaware. Frenzied...

--------

How in the hell did I get in this fu**ing tube. Who the hell is that...I need to get out of here now. I can feel the Oracle trying to release. This place is not safe anymore. I managed to break out of the tube, naked and alone. Scared and angry, but about what, I hadn't the slightest clue.

Finding myself outside, I recognize this place. It's Honolulu. I've been here numerous times, and this part of the island was familiar. It was dark, and the stars and moon gave little comfort as I traipsed wildly across the beach where me and Feral Nova had a KOV round...All of these memories flooded me with emotions and fears. I had finally gotten back to myself.

---------

The next morning

"He escaped...It was my fault. I got drunk and came here. I only upped the dosages, but I didn't think he would escape the island....Yes, I know. But I'll get him back. I've already made a few calls...He'll be back with us within a few days. I promise."

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

@_sojourn_:

All warfare is based on deception, the book read clearly. Sun Tzu's Art of War was laid out before him, the pages crisp and old. Icy blue eyes scanning over the pages, Thomas Bastion's acute hearing heard the nigh-silent sound of his favored drone entering his study.

"18. You bring news?" He asked lightly. The robot nodded. The study was cluttered with books so much you could hardly see the floor except for a few brief patches where Thomas stepped.

"There is a new contract available. A fun one."That peaked Thomas' interest. The robots had been designed to pick up on any contracts from the criminal underworld, but Bastion was stubborn to only follow contracts when the target had… Abilities. From metahumans to mutants, he had no time for average crime bosses.

"Send me the recording." He said, a slow smile spreading across Thomas' face. Standing, he closed the ancient book, practically leaping his way across the room. All eight thousand books, he had read, spending several days in this room with only his robots for company. Grabbing a long white coat wrapped around his chair, he analyzed the cybernetics that lined the nice coat carefully. Capable of coating him in adamantium faster than the human eye could follow.

On his way out the door to the jet-pad, Thomas Bastion pulled on his mask. It'd been awhile, but Eddy was still a magnificent plane. Gilded with vibranium, the ebony black ship shined in the light as a sleek stairway opened for him. Walking into the plane, he heard the phone call, explaining the contract.

"Hawaii, hm?" He said, amused as he equipped himself with his special rounds of explosive ammunition, capable of not only exploding with the force of a grenade, but also spreading deadly nuclear energy that could kill a man in seconds. Pouring himself a glass of wine, he waited for the two hours it'd take the jet to make it to Hawaii.

"The target has been pinpointed nearing the shores of Maui, a Hawaiian island."The sleek voice of Eddy spoke through the surround sound speakers, as the plane slowed down. WIthout a sound it swooped down toward the island. Finally attaching a golden button to his wrist's computer, he stood up, the doors opening as wind rushed past him, making the tails of his coat go flying behind him. Raising a hand in front of his face, Thomas slowly went down the steps.

"Thanks, Eddy. Release atomic capsules and dive." He commanded, leaping out of the plane. Slamming his hand on the golden button on his left-hand wrist, adamantium coated him, a thin layer of vibranium protecting his most vital regions as he slammed into the soft sand. Even without breaking major bones, the blunt force took him by surprise, hardly remembering the feeling of field work. Two capsules sunk into the sand beside him, not a whole foot away- if they'd been closer, he'd be dead. Grabbing the handles, he absorbed the atomic energy within, as the plane he had commandeered crashed into the water gracefully.

Now, with physicals amped, he walked toward the nearest city, keeping his eyes out for anything- or anyone- unusual.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Sojourn_

A full day had passed between his escape. Avery knew too well that mutant experimentation was a thing. Usually an underground, hushed back room supported way of exploring the human/metahuman genome. And yet, as if by some heir of arrogance he'd never thought it would happen to him. These thoughts consumed his entire being, forcing him to got back to the facility. Of course he was smart enough to keep his distance. There was a tracker hidden in his lumbar but, his ability to liquify his body quickly disposed of any foreign objects that might trigger an alarm.

The facility was bland. A white-ish building with overgrown palm bushes around the perimeter, signifying it ubiquity among any other building. There wasn't even a logo plastered on the side; the only way he even recognized it was the damaged structure of the western side, shabbily patched with boards and yellow tape.

Six hours of sitting and waiting for something...Anything to happen, nothing did. Growing tired and impatient, he skirted off, flying low around the archipelago several times until he noticed another airborne craft. "That's definitely too low" The craft was approximately ten thousand feet below legal flying space. Avery kept his distance, but watched intently. Two objects exited the plane in midair and hurtled towards the beach, landing with a grand impact.

All of these things seemed to close for coincidence. It called for a brief investigation, to first assure the health and well being of any life that may have been jeopardized, and to secondly figure out why there needed to be such a dramatic entrance. These things always seemed to go hand in hand.

Admittedly, it felt amazing to flex his powers again. After his psyche had been fractured, flight was never apart of his ability set again. The feeling of hair rubbing so harshly against your bare skin, till it was almost abrasive; it was a feeling like no other. Avery breathed in, and approached with caution. Effecting a soundless landing, he walked slowly to the cratered landing of the 'other' But he stopped short. The man seemed to be just fine, if not invigorated. His mind paced between introductions and fleeing the scene. No...He'd returned for a purpose, to be the hero he once was, and every effort would lead to that aspiration.

"Excuse me. But is everything alright?" He questioned, outreaching his hand to engage in a gentleman's shake. Then I remembered that all I was wearing was a speedo, swiped from a loo-ao being held on another island. There was an instant awkward restraint worn on his face, but never the less his hand was floating in purgatory.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By _Atomikill_

@_sojourn_:

Thomas was slowly walking toward the city, when out of the corner of his eye he saw someone float down and hit the ground. Flying. A metahuman here on Maui. Instantly he thought of the target. But, he did not focus on that thought. It could be anyone. After all, even heroes needed a vacay now and then. Pressing a button to make his helmet slink back into the adamantine plating that coated him, he glanced at the man.

"Fine. Thank you. I'm just looking for someone. An escaped convict from a nearby isle. Should be more than human." He said with a smile. Thomas figured that if this man was his target, there would be some facial gesture. He'd been trained in deduction well enough to understand when a man was hiding something, just by looking at their face.

He gripped the man's hand a little tighter. The plates of his armor whirring in anticipation, a million tiny gears clicking, ready for him to strike out and utterly destroy this person with a single blow... He almost shuddered, if not for his need to seem friendly.

Sorry it's short. :/

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: (Its okay that its short, and also I'm gonna get this moving along.)

"Fine. Thank you. I'm just looking for someone. An escaped convict from a nearby isle. Should be more than human."

The pressure applied to his hand increased, a show of masculinity. Avery almost furrowed his brow at such a trigger but instead remained calm. However he'd always been one of those people that showed their emotions on their faces. If he saw something that he didn't like there was an instant reaction, and this was no different. But instead of an outright thing to see, it was an instinctual response. A gesture, the string of a few words pulling out a distaste and mistrust.

Immediately letting go of the mans hand, he stepped back, if only to give himself space to think. So he's here to capture me...I should have known they'd be looking for me...But I'm no convict...Wrong information...Still...He has a job to do...And so do I.

"Well. I think we both know you've found what you're looking for." With that, Avery didn't wait for a reaction. To win is to control the tide of conflict, and that's just what he planned to do. He would have this assailant react instead of reacting himself. Lightning fast, his arm facing the near ocean flung out fingers flexed to the call. The waves instantaneously reacted, being pulled by their master. A wall high enough to cast a shadow over the entire scene rose within an instant, and with one yank of the same arm, Avery willed the waved to crash down with double the force it would naturally have, in an attempt to bombard and startle the assassin. In the case that he could withstand the attack, he'd break for another shot. Preparing his body to form a cannon of water, Avery waited with baited breath.