User Lists: 0

#155  Edited By _Superstar_
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

@enz0: Wait an hour or so, I'm sure you'll have a new alt by then capable of dishing out some offense ;)

_Superstar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@enz0: Just bring POW into the mix :P Or Mason!

Saraph

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zain_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Amaranth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice posts so far my people ;)

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome post Allegiance

TornAllegiance

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165  Edited By TornAllegiance
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

DecayingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#167  Edited By DecayingRose
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#168  Edited By Pyrogram
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#169  Edited By The_Ghostshell

This is why I hate playing a hero though lol. Bombs have already exploded, villains are already inside the location, all the conditions have been pre-established before the heroes ever even arrive ;P

DecayingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_american_hero: That's not playing the hero that's simple post order issue. Want to set the battlefield get in early. One thing i learned in COP's. Set the scene as a hero alot of times, but your right about damage that's near impossible to stop that's what reds and greys are for.

Captain mode

DecayingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_american_hero: That's not playing the hero that's simple post order issue. Want to set the battlefield get in early. One thing i learned in COP's. Set the scene as a hero alot of times, but your right about damage that's near impossible to stop that's what reds and greys are for.

Its actually not a matter of post order. Its the hero villain dynamic. Heroes are reactionary. You cant IC automatically be some place defending it before an attack. Thats metagaming ;) For example the Blacklist was in (location a) but then magically we're in location B defending it before it needed to be defended? Yeah doesnt work lol

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@last_american_hero: Depends on the location and how you write it. Since the pentagon, whitehouse, national reserve etc will all be high priority protection areas. It would make sense that high alert response teams would be in place maybe even a powered sentry alocated similar to the states system marvel had for awhile. Granted you still have to react somewhat this isnt pre-crime, but there are always means and ways.

DecayingRose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@cassius_knightfall said:

Depends on the location and how you write it. Since the pentagon, whitehouse, national reserve etc will all be high priority protection areas. It would make sense that high alert response teams would be in place maybe even a powered sentry alocated similar to the states system marvel had for awhile. Granted you still have to react somewhat this isnt pre-crime, but there are always means and ways.

It actually depends more on how the villains or opposing force sell NPC defenses in these locations. What would make sense is that places like the Pentagon and White House were the most defensible places on the board, but they're written off with less security then a country gas station. The very first post a bomb exploded and infiltration was successful. No matter what happens the Pentagon has already been successfully hit and broken into. Now no matter how a hero writes, it'll be reactionary. Now if these places had Tom Cruise and some Pre-Cogs then sure, statements like "it depends on location and how you write it" would mean something :P

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@decayingrose: I like it. Always have but Mercy had the name back in Prime. Now its all mine :D

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180  Edited By Lioness_

@last_american_hero: is a good name

Also not a bomb just grenades and 'Razor' is surrounded. Whole idea being in my opinion no way in hell you could just waltz in. She did what damage she could knowing she might as well because she'd have a crap ton of guns on her in seconds.

Admittedly it wasn't sold as much as I wanted as I typed the op on phone at 5:30am after a lot of video games >.>

Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lioness_: Dont worry about it ;) its all good. Its more a complaint about my personal distaste for playing a hero then anything else.

Lioness_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brother_bull: I just don't want anything coming off as guarantee win from me lol. Funnest part in being the antagonist to me is seeing if I can score a victory in something unlikely.(such as trying to take the center of military power with a handful of ppl) lol

Totally get the hero bit though lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brother_bull: Remember the Statue RP? You gave the same (justifiable) complaint and it did turn out quite fun. The statue was broken, true. But the actual RP was fun. Although it turned into a few fights rather than saving the actual statue >.> But still, lol

Avatar image for emilie_aensland
Emilie_Aensland

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: It was fun, no denying that. But I've always looked at that Rp like a canon black eye. And its troubling that the same complaint there is still prevalent in rps today. It not only makes the heroes look bad but the feats of the villains are lessened as well. That should have been a Holy Sh!t moment but because it was so easily accomplished even the people involved ended up being "meh" about it. Breaking into the White House is quickly becoming a running joke and the Pentagon is already smoking with intruders inside. The Capital has become a security joke. I can see why Dread went the extra mile in beefing up her Canada threads.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@brother_bull: Maybe a vine rule for massive canon-changing things like this would be in the vine universe, the villains always "pre-warn" before they attacked, not how, but were they are going to attack etc...This would mean the heroes have a chance to show up before hand or something, I dunno, just a suggestion, but you're right, the responding heroes does not really lend to the heroes ever averting the course of an RP.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By 614azrael

But then at the same time ppl hate long posts and would rather see players take initiative.

So where's the happy medium? Should the US defenses be played by a user to sell more? Should following posts have more npc fights.

I get the complaint but what should be done to fix it? Give me an Xmas gift by saying what you want to see so such can be done.

Fact is few sell the guy with a gun npc so what can we do to fix that?

Razor and Rose are doing this to change the nation. Know why I took that turn? Cuz the US is a npc killable army it seems in so many RPGs. It's comically underwhelming in effectiveness it seems. A good way to fix that I thought was villains who said fix it.

Not mad, not bullshiting just my honest opinion. Don't complain let's solve the problems, and let's try and do it in the best way possible.

Also how's DC a joke? Bull and Razor almost died. I know Mercenary did a far better job then I did at least but still that comment kind of bugs me.

Urban_Ronin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By Urban_Ronin
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#188  Edited By Pyrogram

@quintus_knightfall: Ha, same to you :P This sums us right up. The RPG'ers arguing on X-Mas about how to blow iconic landmarks up XP

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#189  Edited By Pyrogram

@614azrael: lol in reality Bull and Razor would have been shot up by Force Division Nine and the Military way before Stark arrived. Premonition President had it right, their precognition made it a challenge to break into the White House.

Avatar image for the_undying_tombstone
The_Undying_Tombstone

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: but then at the same time ppl want to you know not kill there character right off the back. And IMO the FDN vs Razor was one of my favorite parts. For ya know a comic setting where every character with a name is dear to someone I thought that fight went well :P

Granted I'm sorry if you wanted to kill my favorite alt and didn't get to <3

Yes Rose should of gotten shot out of the sky but then we wouldn't have much of an rp :P

It's a fictional writing where everything tries to be win win for the players while still having win lose for characters. Don't think we should be beaten up by the fact npc are getting short straws when they always have.

Avatar image for general_arch_dornan
General_Arch_Dornan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Actually I think I'm bringing in Dornan and Cali.

Oh yeah.

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#193  Edited By The_Ghostshell

@614azrael: @pyrogram: Thinking on what Cass said earlier about it being a post order issue, he was on to something. What if we had a rule for certain locations (White House, Pentagon, army bases, etc) that a hero has the option of posting first, or has the option to decline posting first, and in doing so they can set the defensive table so to speak.

For example in this case Stark would have posted first and detailed the security situation. Are their guards, if yes, how well equipped are they? Whats the military presence like? Are their supers there, laser grids, force-fields, etc etc. That way the villains or invading force have to react to the security measures established by someone who isnt them, and we avoid the "defeated self initiated security measures and now its open season."

Rough idea but maybe one we can kick around.

614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@general_arch_dornan: @last_american_hero:

I actually rather like that idea. I mean the best rps/events our player vs player oriented. But so often the npcs get offed which triggers debates. And personally I'd prefer drama be in the stories :P

So maybe OOC establishes besides rules story what each side has a bit. And we incorporate an allowance for the other side to make an opening instead. No matter what we can't please everyone but maybe we can at least help things be more balanced from a player pov

Avatar image for deactivated-603268e0997d9
deactivated-603268e0997d9

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Post on the way.

The_Ice_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@614azrael: Why am I being linked?

I'm just in it for the action. Especially as I have my sights on someone new for Dornan to fight.

Loading Video...
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alright, posted.

_Tails_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_tails_: Both LOL nah just clowning you nino, you can go after BB if you want.