User Lists: 0

Edited By Jack_

No Caption Provided

Shootout

Name: Desmond McLeod

Species: Cursed human

Education: High-School Diploma

Nationality: Scottish

Origin: Desmond McLeod was just an average, run-of-the-mill assassin before he accepted an offer he couldn't refuse. Was it actually the Devil, or some sort of imposter? Well, in the end it didn't really matter to Desmond. After all, he'd gotten what he'd wanted. Powers. All his life he'd watched the superbeings push the world around with their oh-so-special abilities, and now he had a way to join in on the fun. Branding himself the best shooter on Earth (still a hotly contested argument) he wormed his way into the criminal scene as Shootout, (one of) the planet's most efficient killer(s).

Powers

"Infinite Bullets": A truly baffling power, and at first glance one of the most nonsense-sounding ones to ever be bestowed upon a man. Whenever it seems like Desmond will run out of ammo for whatever gun he happens to be firing, there's always one more bullet in there. And another. And another. He could shoot for days, never running out of metal. Whenever someone else tries to fire the gun, it would empty as it always would. Where do the bullets come from? How is his power even possible? With an ability that defies conventional scientific explanation, it would seem that Shootout's powers are somehow mystical in nature. The exact nature of his ability is undefined; it would be scientifically impossible to truly replicate his abilities. Matter cannot be created or destroyed; is he collecting material from elsewhere, instantaneously molding it into bullets within the very barrel of his gun? The world may never know...but Desmond doesn't care. He just keeps shooting.

"The Satchel full o' Guns": Shootout possesses the ability to hold many, many firearms in one bag. Theorized to be an extradimensional one-way portal, he can hold more guns than an entire squad of marines. Machine guns, sniper rifles, pistols, shotguns, everything. Like his other abilities, he has no clue how it works; is just does. Occasionally, he has produced highly advanced weapons from this bag, but in most cases, he is only able to pull out normal firearms. Like all his other powers, it would seem as though the weapons he draws from within the Satchel are based entirely on luck.

Actually quite comfy
Actually quite comfy

"The Devil's Spandex": Despite the humorous name Desmond gave to his costume, The Devil's Spandex is actually quite impressive. Composed of an unknown polyfiber, it seems to be enchanted, much like Desmond himself. It mystically repels blunt impacts to Desmond's form, allowing him to stay alive in incredibly harrowing situations. While his body remains mostly intact, the impacts to his form still cause him pain, and he thus works to avoid direct combat most of the time. The suit also came equipped with miniature, rapid-fire projectile launchers mounted on the wrists. The mask contains an advanced HUD that tracks targets and notifies Desmond of their capabilities.

Cursed Aim: Shootout is the victim of an otherworldly deal, a contract that dictates the results of every shot he takes. In some instances, it seems as though he can never miss; he'll bank shots off of walls, through wine glasses, even firing directly upwards into the air and having the bullet come straight down on his target. Other times...he'll miss consistently at point blank range. Shootout's bullets have, on occasion, been reputed to curve while in mid-air, but this may just be a rumor.

All in all, hiring Shootout is like playing a game of Russian Roulette; he might wipe your target off the face of the Earth effortlessly, landing a perfect shot right between their eyes...or, he might fail miserably, falling victim to unexpected gun jams, misfires, and just plain bad luck. It seems as though a being beyond comprehension has made Shootout his toy, existing only to be played with; everything may go right, or everything will go wrong.

Abilities

Above-Average marksman: Shootout has a unique dilemma; the nature of his power sometimes means that he'll hit every target, or he'll never hit the side of a barn from ten feet away. Were his powers to be removed, however, he would retain the ability to shoot with the skill of a trained gunman, most proficient in sniping.

Trained Hand-to-Hand combatant: Due to the erratic nature of his powers, Shootout has also trained himself to deal with foes without the use of his firearms. He is proficient in unarmed combat, using his durable costume to soak up hits while getting in close. Most of his strikes are blows to the head, focused on disrupting his foes senses.

Paraphernalia

The Devil's Spandex and the Satchel full o' Guns: See Powers

Numerous Knives and Blades

Explosives: Predominantly C4.

Medical kit: Split up into the many ammunition pouches on Shootout's suit.

Compound Bow: Rarely used, if ever. Shootout's curse doesn't just affect his guns; arrows will re-appear in his quiver, and his aim will also be affected likewise.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

@jack_: can you be hired to take out schools or congress?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx said:

Nope.

@ult_nerx said:

...Maybe.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: how about hospitals or the senate?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx:

He's a hired assassin, not a crazed gunman. Professionals have standards.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Ult_Nerx

@jack_: how about a celebrity?

Honor Avenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I simply LOVE his powers. They are great, original and fun. And most of all they simply "work". I love it when a character doesn't care how his powers work, just that they work at all. Also this is a unique weakness. Please make sure to let me know when you write with him, I'd like to read that post.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx said:

@jack_: how about a celebrity?

That would be more in his line of work.

I simply LOVE his powers. They are great, original and fun. And most of all they simply "work". I love it when a character doesn't care how his powers work, just that they work at all. Also this is a unique weakness. Please make sure to let me know when you write with him, I'd like to read that post.

I'm participating in the Japan empire claim that will be going on soon using Shootout.

Avatar image for naamah_obyzouth
Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

There can be only one, Highlander!

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth:

I said it might have been the devil giving him his powers, if that's what you're referring to.

I actually prefer to avoid religion or true magic of any sort in my canon. To my characters, magic is always just an incredibly advanced science; Shootout just doesn't care where his power comes from, only that it's there. With religious characters, like God or the Devil...I never come right out and say if they're the real deal. I prefer to let the reader decide :)

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: No. It's just a joke about his last name. McLeod is the last name of the main protagonists of, The Highlander series. Connor McLoed, or Duncan McLoed.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Jack_

@naamah_obyzouth:

Ahh...right. That's not what I thought you meant.

It is a pretty common Scottish last name...

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: It will always make me think of The Highlander series. Sorry for the confusion. It also makes me think of Sean Connery.

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jack_

@naamah_obyzouth:

Now I envision him as being portrayed by younger Sean Connery. There's no way I'll ever be able to really picture anyone else as Shootout now...

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: would you prefer rappers, or pop stars?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Jack_

@ult_nerx:

Haven't really given it as much thought as you have :1

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ult_nerx: Rappers, for this character, I would suggest. Like Busta Rymes.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@naamah_obyzouth:
don't forget his buddy Spliff as well, can't separate them

@jack_: I'd hire you to kill Taylor Swift actually, she has many fans.

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Naamah_Obyzouth

@ult_nerx: Sure... Why not. Have a cute version of Nerx "Kurby" meet me at that thread.

Ult_Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Naamah_Obyzouth

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for requiem_of__destiny
Requiem_of__Destiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: I've the bullets power with Kayle a lot of those others felt really fresh even to me though. That and I love when alts have a sort of theme to their abilities. This should be a fun alt to see around

And being apparently Connery helps lol

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for requiem_of__destiny
Requiem_of__Destiny

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: Sirens in Borderlands is what she is...that's basically the excuse so no not really lol

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strigidae_36

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is dope,character is really interesting thanks to the weaknesses.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is dope,character is really interesting thanks to the weaknesses.

Lets not ignore the fact that a 36th strig is in existence....Sh!t...There goes the neighborhood lol

Avatar image for ironspiderchan45
Ironspiderchan45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This character looks and is pretty badass. So what rps is he in?

Jack_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironspiderchan45: He's going to be in the upcoming Japan Empire Claim, but nothing else so far.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perfect line toe of assassin and meta.

_Goliath_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jack_: After the War of The Gods RP I just consider EVERY religion to be real now (In the vine universe of course). Considering they actually showed up and started flailing fists around.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout

So how do ya like the alt layout in comparison to the blog?

Shootout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dreadpool10: It looks cleaner is all I can say. More streamlined. It's like the difference between driving a Ferrari with Shootout in it and a schoolbus with all my characters and Shootout in it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout said:

@dreadpool10: It looks cleaner is all I can say. More streamlined. It's like the difference between driving a Ferrari with Shootout in it and a schoolbus with all my characters and Shootout in it.

That's a pretty accurate summation. After I made @_dark_knight, I had begun to notice how much cleaner the profile looked, in comparison to my hub characters on this account. It's too bad that blogs don't look quite as streamlined as alts.

So, are you gonna be making alts indefinitely, ala leave the Jack profile?

Shootout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout said:

That's a pretty accurate summation. After I made @_dark_knight, I had begun to notice how much cleaner the profile looked, in comparison to my hub characters on this account. It's too bad that blogs don't look quite as streamlined as alts.

So, are you gonna be making alts indefinitely, ala leave the Jack profile?

That's my plan. If I ever want to return to the Battles Forum (probably not, that place is a wreck nowadays) or post in General Discussion / Off-Topic, it'll be with Jack_. Shootout will be my main for the foreseeable future.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout: @dreadpool10:

I think it only works for me because all my alts on this profile are related to one another, apart of the same Umbrella group. And I simply have one icon that represents the group as a whole, just so that people learn to not associate it with any one face.

However when I make a completely new character that's his own thing, character gets their own profile.

But all these e-mails I have to make for just this though lol.

The_Commander_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout: Exactly why I gave The Commander his own account.

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout: At some point, I wanna RP with this character.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout: @dreadpool10:

I think it only works for me because all my alts on this profile are related to one another, apart of the same Umbrella group. And I simply have one icon that represents the group as a whole, just so that people learn to not associate it with any one face.

However when I make a completely new character that's his own thing, character gets their own profile.

But all these e-mails I have to make for just this though lol.

That's just about the only real turnoff for me, when it comes to legit alts xD. Even so, every once in awhile, I'll go and use another email to make an alt. Mostly though, I stick with umbrella profiles

Shootout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fraga: At your convenience. I'm typically very busy throughout the week, but free on weekends.

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shootout: We can start something next weekend then :)

I got some ideas I'll shoot by you in a PM.

Shootout

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers