Shogunate of Venezuela [CVnU Empire]

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@arrachtach: Seeing how many problems y'all are having with you alts at the moment really reinforces my decision not to try and make one. At least for a little while longer.

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: Yeah, I'd hold off until they straightened this mess out; it seems to be accounts with lower post counts that get hit the most.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: Scary thing is ID's Inevitable account was made in 2013, so it's not a new alt. Now I'm anxious about what happens if they start banning/post-deleting accounts with a ton of post-value. [Like yours, or one of mine like Arquitenens or Antonia, or one of Gambler's or Impero's, or any with a lot of history/value in posts.]

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: It seems to go more by post count than by age. For as old as that account is, it still had less than 200 posts. Not certain that's the main factor, but it's a similarity I've observed in the accounts that get hit.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: @alpha_dog: See, now that is scary. Not really for me, but for others around the vine who have actually done amazing things with their characters. Me...I don't really value my posts that much, or this profile for that matter. It's just my go to profile and that's namely why I'm still using it. But if something like that happened to anyone else. Then yeah, that would be horrible.

Avatar image for deactivated-60322c75112c3
deactivated-60322c75112c3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh.. now I see what she was talking about LOL..

Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_grifter_: I'm thinking I might go back and back-up all my thread OP's.

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Arriving on planet earth, he end of in Venezuela and is drawn towards the Shogunate temple. Perhaps Herald Samurai offers his assistance these beings might lead him towards Xomega. Approaches the temple doors sword away, the samurai knocks his mighty fist into the doors...... Seeing a statue of similarity, figures it might be a welcome sight.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alpha_dog: Can't count on viable rhyme or reason to CV bugs. And even if you think you do, just when you start to figure it, they try to push out bug fixes and make everything worse.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going to characterize this as the Zauby Syndrome, wanting to fight everyone and everything. I want to attack every team in sight with Grandmaster Yin, Rafael, and this character... and Andres LOL. Its madness!

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can't be that truculent.

Aside: I need to at least get that post done. There's an important potential there.

Orochi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm afraid to post images lest this account be banned lol.

Beremud

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orochi: I hear that. I just went and saved copies of every one of the OP's for this account. Wound up with a 42-page Word document, so I would have been beyond livid had I lost all that.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@beremud: Whew... yeah, that's a good point.

I just had the CSRF bug three times in a row too.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oh, thank God.

Ziah_Darksong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun:

Though she was ancient beyond words, Ziah was not a woman of the world, nor was she a scientist, nor any type of genius. Clever, perhaps. But tachyons, singularities, such technology and information went above her head, and what The Shogun leveled against her may as well have been sorcery.

Fortunately, sorcery was something Ziah understood. Didn't know, but understood. Understood that it was dangerous, that it was volatile. That it transgressed limits and that it could equalize strength. She understood that it could be a threat, and that she might have underestimated the vassal that had... somehow... survived her energy bolt.

The Storm General tilted her head slightly to the side as she observed the woman injecting herself with a curious little hypo, then drawing those curious blades. She didn't fear them -- Ziah had fought The Inevitable himself in a lethal brawl and come out on top, she feared nothing -- but she respected them, and understood that with magic and energy, anything was possible. Her time with the Imperium had shown her that.

Too insolent to die, the Lorian mused. She'll be taught a lesson, and well. Anything less, of course, would be an affront to her twisted, personal, draconian sense of honor. She was a goddess, after all, or had been considered one in her time of great glory. To be insulted by a mortal was not something that could be tolerated.

Fortunately, for all of the dark warrior's tricks and equalizing weaponry, Ziah had certain immutable advantages, strengths that remained in place regardless of equipment or situation. Such an advantage was her enormous speed, which was what she now used to evade the lethal strike aimed at her spinal column. It was nearly too late before the Lorian mutant detected the presence behind her -- ions in the energy around her signifying a presence, specifically the flutter of Ivana's crimson cloak. That same haze of personal energy telegraphed a presence, and General Darksong reacted with a force and vigor that cracked the sound barrier, creating a pulse, a boom, that sent even more cans and dried foodstuffs soaring in every direction.

It wasn't until she'd pivoted completely and dashed a few feet to the side that Ziah noticed that she had been a few milliseconds too late -- one of those infernal blades had snaked across her shoulder, digging through the advanced armor the Lorian was coated in and raking across her shoulder-blade... bypassing enough layers of durability that even Ziah felt pain, and began to change her mind about this assailant. Perhaps not a vassal. Perhaps a dignitary. A warrior seemingly as deadly as the dark one she had fought last time she'd come to Venezuela.

"You will suffer for your petulance," Ziah growled coldly, the certain whisper of an experienced undertaker, someone who had taken countless lives, destroyed entire cities, and could not fathom the concept of true loss in combat. The energy bolt hadn't taken this cloaked warrior out of the battle, but that was perfectly acceptable. For her limited power-set, Ziah had many, many ways of killing someone. A quick intake of oxygen and Ziah burst forward, using not her natural speed but a surge of energy-propelled semi-teleportation -- her famed Flash Step. She mapped the arc in her mind beforehand (being quite unable to change direction mid-step) and dictated that her body push forward in a slowly-turning semi-circle, planning to move around Ivana completely until she faced the shadow soldier from behind. Once she got there, she'd attack in the simplest, most efficient way she knew how: grab the warrior's head, and turn it until it was no longer attached.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This CSRF bug is going bananas.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: I'd link you to the bug report but I don't want to get banned lol. Basically the bug that causes attempts to post to fail. It tells you 'There has been an error' in the red banner or CSRF failed or something like that.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1370  Edited By TimeSiphon

@the_shogun:

Oh yeah. I just copy every post anymore. When it fails I refresh the page, paste and it works.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@timesiphon: I'm having to refresh and attempt to post several times today. Kinda strange, it isn't usually this bad.

Its actually a security feature they added in and said they were going to remove a month or so ago. The attempt to fix it is what caused the PM system to fail, from what I understand.

TimeSiphon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun:

lol, figures it was a security feature.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: for about an hr there was no refreshing on my end I simply couldn't get a post to go through. I was mad lol

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: Wow. That's pretty bad, even for CV.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was gonna try to finally get out that post, but I almost don't even want to now. Maybe type it up and hold it in reserve.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It doesn't seem to be fixed in PMs. But is it fixed in forums?

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wow, thank god im not the only one having the red banner bug appear

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1378  Edited By Katraya

@the_shogun:

Gift of the Time Siphon:

Raeyn delivered what she promised ahead of time. There were a million million worlds the portal could have opened to but Raeyn diverted its course using ancient technology she had hidden on another world in a vault built deep below it's surface. Here she stored the most ancient Time Siphon devices, technology capable of touching the skin of the universe. She rarely made use of it, using the equipment always had a cost and it was not one she often enjoyed paying. This though, this would be worth it. Raeyn rarely made promises, but aside from she always kept them.

To call it a portal would be to call a gaping wound a small cut. Reality itself ripped apart in the sky over Venezuela's and the sky bled. The sky over Venezuela turned deep crimson and literally dripped with blood as one of the greatest warriors in the multiverse came crashing through reality. She flailed her arms as she fell, realizing suddenly that her descent through darkness had abruptly ended and all that lay beneath her was hard ground and a lot of trees. Katraya's brief moment of surprise ended quickly when she determined a means of landing without taking an overly large amount of damage from her several hundred foot fall. Faced with an enemy in gravity...she attacked it. Katraya closed her arms to her chest and allowed her rate of descent to increase rapidly. Though she herself had never flown she had observed her draconic mount fly numerous times.

The Butcher of Middenheim fell like a guided missile, carefully using her arms and feet to adjust direction as much as she could...it was not much, but it was enough. Rather than slam into the ground the Heiress to the Throne hit the top of a tree. Her armor absorbed much of the initial impact as she crashed through limbs and leaves and suddenly felt power flood through her body, her bones and organs suddenly reinforced as the Blood God reached out and granted her a temporary gift to see to her survival. She slammed into the ground at the base of the tree and pain ripped into her body like a knife, but she ignored it and slowly forced herself to her feet, gritting her sharp teeth as she forced the pain to the back of her mind and the power once again left her body. Nothing was broken, at least nothing that belonged to her. Much of her armor was tattered now, the spiked winglets that emerged from the back of her armor had broken in places and she suspected her armor would need extensive repairs to be of any use again.

The Reaper of The Old World pulled off her busted helmet and tossed it to the side with little care. She removed her ax from her back and looked it over. Not surprisingly the weapon was fully intact and functional. Her weapon had been forged in the fires of the Realm of the Gods and quenched in the river at the base of the Skull Throne. No normal force was going to damage such an artifact. She spun the weapon in her hand, chose a direction and began walking. When she arrived at the end of the forest and saw the modern capital of Venezuela she stopped in her tracks, stunned.

What sort of world is this? Katraya knelt down and viewed the cityscape below, narrowing her daemonic eyes. The buildings are made of steel and glass, the roads some sort of artificial stone...but what are those things that travel on them? They too look to be made of metal. The lights also seem foreign...even artificial. Is anything here real? She smiled slowly to herself...Sifraya, if you are on this world I will find you. Everything that stands in my way will die.Let's see if this world of falsehoods bleeds real blood. Katraya stood again and headed for the vast city with murderous intent.

The first to die was a scout for neither side. Every system, no matter how utopian, had its detractors and a small percentage of those were always willing to take up arms against their government. Most of these people had been silenced or in hiding but now that the government was teetering on the brink of collapse? Well, they came out of the jungle. The scout saw Katraya at the moment she saw him and his head was severed from his body with one swipe of an ax. Katraya knelt and pulled the strange objects from his ears, little small circles connected to cables of some sort that were making a lot of noise. She lifted the entire device from his body and put one of the objects into her ear out of curiosity.

Loading Video...

Katraya laughed and hooked the device to her belt. There may be hope for this world yet! The scout was the first to die, but not the last. The next was a cluster of troops, a small squad of diehard anti-government types intending to cause mayham during the chaos of the attack. She started killing so quickly that it took awhile for the squad to even register what was going on. Every step was a kill, a swift cut of an ax, the slice of a blade and the fall of a body with a hot spurt of blood. Ten people died before the squad of twenty screamed and ran in every direction. They're worse than the Empire. Soft and pathetic. Run little maggots. The only person not to run was a huge mutant covered from head to toe in muscles the size of a person's head. He launched an attack of his own without hesitation. He leaped through the air with surprising grace and power, drawing his machete in the same smooth motion he used to jump and landed well within reach of her ax, intending to make such a long reaching weapon virtually useless by appearing too close to the woman for her to strike him. It was a wise move, but one that did not work.

Katraya grinned and slammed her forehead into his face the moment his feet hit the ground. The warrior was caught off guard by the attack and pain tore into his body as he stumbled back a half step. He caught himself though and brought his blade around, expecting to cut his foe in half. Instead Katraya was already acting, using a warrior perception born of a lifetime of murder in the name of a dark god and the gifts he had bestowed upon her. His sword met ax head unexpectedly. She had shifted her hand and touched a release mechanism the moment her head was making contact with his own from her initial headbutt. The back half of the ax fell away and as the mutant brought his weapon around she had already shifted her hand up the haft of her ax and now used it short shafted, bringing the weapon around. The wide head of the ax struck vibranium blade with a resounding clang.

The soldier was again taken by surprise, very few weapons could stand a direct hit from one such as his, yet stand it did. Katraya smiled a surprisingly charismatic smile and the ax head suddenly burst into flame, now sheathed in unnatural fire. The two warriors moved at virtually the same moment, the behemoth took a half step back and aimed a deadly punch for her face. Katraya did the same and the two warriors struck each other with furious strength. Both of them were staggered, but Katraya had been hit harder than that and swept her free hand back to grab the Orochi's sword arm and snapped it like a twig with a sickening crunch that made him gasp in pain. Her ax came around then but even in such pain the muscle bound brute had the presence of mind and surprising strength to deflect the attack with his machete, despite the ruination of his arm.

The living weapon had the edge now and she pressed it, moving a step forward and launching a series of sudden and quick attacks with her ax. The mutant blocked again and again but as she expected his ability to do so weakened with every block as pain shot up his arm each time. At long last, perhaps twelve full blocks into the fight, his arm failed and he dropped his sword. Katraya grabbed the warrior by his throat, squeezing until his circulation was nearly severed and he could barely breath. "WHO IS YOUR MASTER?!" She demanded. He of course, would not answer if for no other reason than he had no true master. Already impatient she squeezed tighter. He brought his machete around one more time and drove the blade through her side even as his thick neck imploded.

Katraya gasped as she felt the hot slice of a blade cutting into her skin and driving through her body cavity. Fortunately his strength was greatly reduced and the blade only entered a few inches into her body. Blood flowed from the open wound and she tore the weapon from her side, tossing it to the ground in contempt. She touched her wound and looked at the blood on her crimson gauntlets. A slow smile spread across her face and she picked up the head of her fallen foe and held it to the sky. "BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!!! SKULLS FOR THE SKULL THRONE!!!" Her voice carried through the streets.

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just a test.

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

@katraya: Walking towards Katraya the 8 ft samurai kneeled at her bleeding wound pressing his blade against it generating a heat to seal it. "I am Herald Samurai, do you require assistance? " he says

Katraya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encriptor:

Katraya ignored the pain as he sealed her wound and studied the huge warrior for a moment. There was a time to fight and a time to investigate, this was the latter. "Yes, actually." She said, tossing the Orochi's head to the side. "I want to know who runs this kingdom and where I can find them. Do you know who that might be?"

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1385  Edited By The_Shogun

The throne room was empty. The day was over, advisers were resting, warriors were training and the Shogun set alone.

A vast hall with stone floors, stone walls and a stone throne it echoed with the click-click of Arrachtach's claws as he crossed the hall, a scratched acoustic guitar in his massive blue paw.

Ivana looked across the hall and smiled at him. He crossed half the hall and set upon the floor, leaning back against the wall.

The Shogun rose, crossed the hall and set beside him. She set her helm on the floor beside her and rested her vibranium armored shoulders against the wall, crossing her ankles.

"You have not utilized this instrument in quite some time." Arrachtach said, guitar in his lap.

"Played the guitar you mean?" Ivana pressed release tabs on the inside of her armors collar and her gauntlets unlocked with the hiss of airtight seals releasing. She set them beside her helm.

"Hand it over, lemmy see what I've got."

He shook his massive, sapphire furred head as he placed the guitar in her lap.

"Like Pearl Jam?"

"As a point of fact I admit a certain preference for the melody and gravitas of Malaguena."

"Pearl Jam it is."

"Hrmph." He pushed his round glasses up with a blue claw.

They were sitting so close together that the neck and head of the guitar was in Arrachtach's lap as Ivana strummed the first cord of Yellow Ledbetter. The she started to sing in her slurred Russian draw.

~On the ceiling~

"Oh delightful. Here we go."

~Oh a porche of glitter~

~Fairy landfill! I wanna leave it again~

"This cannot be how it goes!"

"I swear, I swear, that's what he says."

~Once I saw him, on a beast with willows~

~Mona said I wanna leave it again~

~On a weeeed, on a wizard on a whale!~

"This cannot be a real song."

~Onna nickle onna said onna wanna fall down again~

"............."

~And the wizard onna leaf onna gump! I know~

~I said I don't wanna whale onna box or a bag!~

"What in creation is this gibberish."

"Its Yellow Ledbetter. Its a classic."

"Classic my furry posterior."

~Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!~

~Can you see dem~

~Potato wave!~

"I suspect you are fabricating these lyrics!"

"Its how the song goes, I promise."

~Ice dem! Brown the runwayyyyy~

~Anna know and I know I don't wanna see dem~

"This song makes no sense at all."

~Make me fries.~

"Enough! Please, no more!"

"Alright alright. Not my fault you can't appreciate a masterpiece of rock."

"It is complete gibberish!"

Ivana laughed, and leaned her head back against the stone wall of the empty throne room.

"We've come a long way."

"Indubitably. Do you recall our evenings mixing semtex in the sinks of hotel rooms?"

"Oh yeah. Stealing tools and bolts from construction sites to work on my armor. That time we robbed a bank. Man, gold is waaay heavier than I thought."

"I tried to inform you!"

"Yeah but damn, that crap was like the bastard child of lead and a black hole or something."

"Twenty seven point thirty four pounds per bar. I told you that assistance would be required."

"Yadda yadda yadda."

"I must say, traveling in a private jet is vastly preferably to our old white panel van."

"The pedomobile."

"It was NOT a pedomobile! It was a cost effective way to travel with all of our supplies! And I will have you know I put a great deal of effort into modifying it."

"Oh come on now. It was a white panel van! It can't not be suspicious."

"Hrum-" He was cut off as Ivana poked him in the stomach with the head of the guitar.

"Hey!"

She laughed and after a moment he grinned.

For a while they set in silence, Arrachtach staring off into the distance, Ivana's blind eyes staring at nothing but darkness. Time passed, peaceful and still.

"How long do you suppose all this will last for us?" Arrachtach waved at the palace around them.

"I don't really know." Ivana shrugged. "Our enemies are a swarm and we don't have many allies. The clock's ticking."

"I think that I shall dearly miss the science division when I no longer have access to it."

"Oh yeah. I'll miss having a billion dollar arsenal and a private army in every battle."

"Whatever transpires, remember to stay alive. Our story need not end here. There can be further adventures."

Again silence fell and lasted for some time before Ivana broke it.

"Malaguena huh?"

"Indeed."

She lifted the guitar and played Malaguena. They closed their eyes and for a time they were in another world.

Loading Video...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That's sorta sweet.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: lol most annoying power ever. I really can't beat that. your basically the avatar if he was in american sniper.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: I can see some outs, some sewers do have sidewalks that stops one move entirely lol. A crack might be wide enough to shoot through but how accurate can that really be? She's also inexperienced who's to say she really knows how to liquify metal or do other such things :P

Sound can be used for vibration which could be used for heat at least in the near limitless potential of comic settings. At the same time that could be easily more work then she could manage. There is also the diplomatic route, ain't hard to pitch the shogun as bad and Vocal is one of few known Inhumans

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ziah_darksong:

"You will suffer for your petulance," Ziah growled coldly, the certain whisper of an experienced undertaker, someone who had taken countless lives, destroyed entire cities, and could not fathom the concept of true loss in combat. The energy bolt hadn't taken this cloaked warrior out of the battle, but that was perfectly acceptable. For her limited power-set, Ziah had many, many ways of killing someone. A quick intake of oxygen and Ziah burst forward, using not her natural speed but a surge of energy-propelled semi-teleportation -- her famed Flash Step. She mapped the arc in her mind beforehand (being quite unable to change direction mid-step) and dictated that her body push forward in a slowly-turning semi-circle, planning to move around Ivana completely until she faced the shadow soldier from behind. Once she got there, she'd attack in the simplest, most efficient way she knew how: grab the warrior's head, and turn it until it was no longer attached.

Though Ivana had dealt with speedsters of Ziah's speed before the teleportation caught her off guard. Her blade had only started to move when Ziah wrenched her neck. Vibranium plating prevented her neck from turning completely around and thus saved her from a broken neck however her spine was still subjected to a sudden and violent acceleration. The blind Shogun felt the strength drain out of her left arm and leg as well as a sudden diffaculty breathing.

Twisting out of the powerhouses grasp she staggered away, commanding her Orochi to attack with a wave of her right hand and diving into a nearby shadow, exiting the battle.

[ 'Twas fun! ]

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: outa curiosity was that before or after the fight with Vex n Aphasic?

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vocal: No clue lol. I left it kinda vague because I didn't know what was going to happen.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I didn't even know I could have negative respect for someone. Zero respect? Sure. But after seeing that? Negative respect LOL.

Avatar image for shogun_of_sarcasm
Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: PEARL JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: It grew as one of my Top 5 fav bands so quick lol awesome of you to include it on the post.

It's also Drake's fav band lol

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#1398  Edited By The_Shogun

@shogun_of_sarcasm: I was listening to a Pearl Jam playlist and Yellow Ledbetter came on and I thought wow, that's just the kind of thing that Ivana would sing to Arrachtach to get a rise out of him lol.

Drake has good taste in music ~__^

Shogun_of_Sarcasm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_shogun: I usually listen to it when writing Drake's past or life. Nothingman and Once are catchy when writing his soewhat depressive and insane point of view.

Hehehe, so does the original Shogun! ^____^

Tots going to their Latin America tour.

The_Shogun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shogun_of_sarcasm: Speaking of your writing and Drake you've really been improving a lot. I was reading your posts in the LoS threads and I was impressed!

:-)

Ohhh awesome!