Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#1  Edited By Darkchild

Serenity and Hope

Plague Reads
Plague Reads "For every soul lost, a new one is born. With Hope in its Heart"

Daemon begins the tour of his lavish new home, showing off to all kinds of reporters and people looking to make residence into Serenity and Hope. With a smile he opens his arms wide opening the front door and showing all "Allow me to show all of you what I have accomplished. Show you what the world of tomorrow looks like, and that our future begins here. We are in a New Age, a Age of Change..."

Situated in the middle of Massachusetts the beautiful place known as Serenity and Hope stands as a beacon for those all around the world. Created in secret months ago as a hideaway for Daemon during his trips to the United States, it has now become a fully functioning Sanctuary for any and all people willing to do something about the world they live in. Daemon recreated a run down mansion into something more, a place for every soul who wishes for the chaos in the world to stop. Each person is free to come and go as they please, as Serenity and Hope is open to the public.

Revealed shortly after the Invasion of Paradiso, Daemon has now opened the makeshift Sanctuary to the masses of the world. Welcoming all who wish to stay, sleep and converse with others who see the world as something that can become so much more. Three separate wings reside within the massive mansion, each supporting a different facility.

A Wing aka Commons

No Caption Provided

The first wing of the mansion is the first each and everyone who enters will see first, an entire building set apart from the others. Built to allow for the full comforts of its occupants, lavish television screens litter the walls of this wing. Showing all the current comings and goings of the world at large, each hallway leads to a separate wing circling around the entire mansion. It is the Core of Serenity and Hope, as it allows full access to each of the three wings.

No Caption Provided

From the A wing it is led into the lavish garden to the south of the mansion. Where as much as the flora and fauna from Paradiso has been saved. As Paradiso is a barren wasteland after the recent attacks, Daemon felt it fit to bring such beauty to Serenity and Hope. Hoping that the beauty shows that even through pain and suffer beauty can thrive and continue on. An example that people too can survive the most chaotic of occurrences.

B Wing aka Living Quarters

Connected to the A wing is the living quarters or B Wing, a enormous array of hallways and rooms. Each given the amenities of the occupants living within. Constantly able to change the decor within each room with the touch of a button, this part of Serenity and Hope is the most technologically advanced. Thanks to the good Doctor, it has been given an artificial intelligence by the name of Eden or Edee. Edee helps with all things needed by those who so choose to live within Serenity and Hope. Constantly updating on a daily basis, she is capable of almost a limitless number of procedures. Even able to single a room into a training area, where those who wish to train with there abilities are able. A wide range of systems make up this particular room.

In the center of the Living Quarters is a vast and brightly lit room catering to all forms of wondrous delicacies, each area within the Cafe holds a different variety of food. Daemon has had his Hive Mind working night and day trying to perfect all that is served. Many cultures have many different varieties of foods, and within the Cafeteria each is served to the liking of those coming and going.

No Caption Provided

C Wing aka The Hall

The C wing is intended for only those staying within the walls of Serenity. Where briefings and an variety of things are held, all classified for the safety of those living within the walls. The wing can also be open to the public if a meeting is not being held, it serves as the main training room for the residents. Sporting an entire section of the wing to just that, training the people of tomorrow to protect what they hold dear. The lives of the residents and there families is the first priority to Serenity, and in such they are trained in various styles and techniques.

No Caption Provided

Goals of Serenity and Hope

The final goal and dream of Daemon is to bring the world into a place of peace. A Paradise upon Earth is the ultimate goal, and his wish is for all those willing to reach up and take a hold of their future come to Serenity and Hope. So that not another thousand souls will be lost to a war that cannot be waged, he wishes for the days past are a distant memory. For tomorrow will bring on Hope, and with Hope can come change.

Rules

Edee is a sentient being, she knows all that goes on within her walls. So sell it, if you wish to make trouble know that she will have measures of dealing with such troubles. Not too damaging, but enough to make the point clear to make haste and leave.

Sell please oh god SELL.

Everyone is welcomed (That means heroes primarily, but villains and neutrals are welcomed within the walls. Just no destruction of the mansion without pming Me.)

If you wish to join the Revolution and take up permanent residence within Serenity and Hope, just pm me (sure I will add more people to contact as this unfolds)

Besides that, have fun and enjoy. Just don't eat us out of house and home.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Great job, DC. It's going to be fun watching things unfold.

_Johnny_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hear "Peace and haven" but what I see is "Place to sleep and possible kitchen raiding"

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_johnny_: pain in my ass you are

@mercy_ said:

Great job, DC. It's going to be fun watching things unfold.

oh yeah. Specially when I make a post tomorrow hehehehe gonna be very fun indeed. No telling

No Caption Provided

Blood_Emperor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass

Soon reporters begin to slowly leave the grand mansion, as the last of the reporters makes its way towards the front door Daemon calls out as he touches her hand. Smiling the small framed woman turns, she has no fear of who Daemon is or what he is capable of. She is the truest form of reporting and just like all great reporters she is without fear, smiling his toothy grin Daemon bows his head as he speaks looking from her to her camera-man "Hello my dear, of all the reporters today I never caught a single name. Are you all so secretive?" She chuckles as Daemon puts his hand out, she takes his hand in hers shaking it "No...you just give us the feeling we dont matter." Daemon's eyebrow raises in confusion "We who?" She pulls her arms up and lets them fall drawing attention to her body "Us, humans. Your speeches speak of equality between all, but a lot of us believe you are gunning to make us extinct." Daemon shakes his head and gestures for her to return in the mansion "That was not my point dear, can I explain myself?" it was almost as if her ears perked up much like a dogs. She seemed genuinely excited about the two discussing it further. Smiling something akin to mischief she asks "Will this be your first one on one interview with a reporter?" Daemon thinks for a brief moment before smiling. Daemon had a way of transforming all notions about him with the simplest of smiles, and he was doing it just as easy as others breath. He could sense her ease with him as he smiled, nodding to her he led her to a room off the beaten path of A Wing.

"First interview period, I have spent most of my time alone or with my brethren. If I spoke with anyone it was on Paradiso..." He stopped watching as she fumbled with her gear, quickly pressing record and motioning for him to continue. Smiling he pulled a chair out for the woman, then sat down himself folding his hands together on his lap. His smile almost entrancing for the woman he waited, she yipped as she realized she hadn't introduced herself and quickly spoke into her mic "My name is Debra Van-Dyke and I am here with Daemon Matthius, the leader of the now de facto group of liberators the Brethren. After a glorious and widely televised battle between those who remained faithful to him, and the First Lady Clarice Stark and her bodyguard Charlemagne we sit with the dethroned King of Insects." The camera pans over to Daemon who visibly shows no emotion but a pleasant smile, but deep down the false-truths of how the Invasion of Paradiso actually happened. He watched as Debra spoke on the spot, she most likely had nothing prepared for such an interview but she worked the camera as if she had been doing it her whole life. Finally she spoke directly to Daemon and not just the camera "My first question is not of the Invasion, but about your relationship with the First Lady. Sources have shown proof that you two had interacted on a more pleasant basis, why the sudden change?" Smiling wide letting his own charm work its magic he spoke into the camera "Prior to our altercation on Paradiso, both Clarice and I had an....understanding of how both of our lives would continue onward." Debra brought the mic back to her "You paused there, why is that? Is there something deeper, a deeper meaning to this understanding?" Chuckling out-loud he continued "Nothing nasty Debra, we both came to the realization that neither of us would be the others play thing." Debra chuckled "You two were intimate?" Daemon shook his head harshly and fast "No...she is Char..President Starks wife, I would never come in between such a thing. I may be an Insect, but I am not a maggot." Smiling wide he leaned forward waiting for more questions.

Debra stopped for a brief moment taking everything in before she continued, she seemed to know things very few would know of. The meeting with Clarice weeks ago was something he believed was kept secret. He seemed to think "Its true, these people really have no shame and will dig there fingers into any source." continuing his wide smile as she asked her next set of questions. "Mr. Matthius, what do you think of the footage that was broad cast during your fight with First Lady Clara and Charlemagne? Is what they say true? Were you unprovoked?" Daemon's smile faded for the briefest of moments before returning, his voice changed and the tone of his answer changed drastically from the upbeat answers he had given before. "The footage that was seen world over was my doing, a trick I learned from a friend of mine. If you believe the world needs to open there eyes, then give them a reason to open them wide. I showed the truth of the invasion, from the moment they stepped onto my land until the moment my beautiful Paradise became a barren wasteland. Footage is still streaming if I am correct? You and all the world saw how I attempted to stop such a fight from happening, but both the First Lady and the Enigmatic Charlemagne were set in there plans." Holding up a finger to the air he continued, a emotion of tense restraint etched across his face "Do you honestly believe I would set my own home to go nuclear? No...they came prepared for such a thing, they planned on murdering the entire island. One thousand souls were lost that day miss Van-Dyke, do you as a human being one of great intellect believe that, one thousand deaths was a mistake? Something unforeseen? Something that could not of been avoided?" His eyes pierced into the reporters very soul, she shook her head to the question then snapped back into reality. Her hands trembled not out of fear, but the realization of what he had just said.

Her camera man took a step back, this time out of fear she barked at him "Get your ass back here, if he wanted us gone or dead he would of done it already." She turned back to Daemon and smiled "Help...they are just such pains." Chuckling Daemon nodded as she asked her next set of questions "Where do you plan on going from here Mr Matthius? What is the goal of such a place as Serenity and Hope? And do you plan on a retaliation against the First Lady?" Daemon flicked his wrist and a void appeared above the table beside the three. Three glasses fell from the void followed by a glass pitcher of water, Daemon poured himself a glass and offered the others ones. Declining they waited for his answer, after finishing a glass of water he smiled. "Hope" Debra looked confused to the one worded answer, she looked to her camera man and then back to Daemon "Hope?" Nodding Daemon continued "My goal for this establishment of Serenity and Hope, its in the name...Hope. Hope that this world will once again be somewhere for everyone to live free from chaos, hate, and free from unreasonable pain. Everyone in there lives will experience pain, but many experience unreasonable pain. This kind of pain is inflicted on those disgraced for simply being born a different way, being born and labeled under the not normal category. Mutants are not the first, nor will we be the last to experience unreasonable pain. We are simply the most recent, I wish to make this a distant memory. But to do that we need to remove those who wish to continue this long winded cycle of pain." Debra attempts to interject and repeat her last question, but Daemon stops her mid-breathe "As for your last question...."Smiling he nods "Yes...in a way you could say. I am going on the record in calling Clarice Mass-Stark out, I want her to come to Serenity and Hope and have an open interview between her and myself. One spoken with truth and honesty, something that will be enforced with a telepath of my choosing, and sodium thiopental so that the world can feel safe in that every word is spoken truthful and from the heart." Smiling wide he stands up "Debra, I believe it is time for me to take my leave." He reaches out to her hand and lifts her from her chair, ushering her to the front door "Enjoyed our interview Debra..." He slipped a card into her pocket "Any further interviews? Call me please. Wish to have you as my personal...assistant would that be the term?" She stared wide-eyed and nodded feverishly "YES!" she screamed before blushing and leaving. Her camera man picking on her quick answer as they left, as there car pulled out into the streets Daemon knew that the next day would bring more reporters. As the moment his interview went live, he would have a constant stream of there kind.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#7  Edited By Pyrogram

Nice :)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: thank you. We need to have another interaction with Stark and Daemon soon.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

#9  Edited By Pyrogram
Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Nothing wanted, simply a discussion of recent events. Want to see where he stands, and if he knows what Daemon knows

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A haven publicized to such degree it might be a grave

(Well done!)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Darkchild

@infinity_: Not a grave, a home for those destined for Paradise

(thank you....whoever you are)

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild:

"Lebaue didn't flinch dropping a nuke on your last paradise. You think a smaller one in a public area will fair better. It's just a sweeter target for the Nazi." The enigma remarked as she admired the structure roaming the yard. She looked no more then a visitor but carried herself as more.

(Was funner to right ic. As for who I is I ain't sayin ;))

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Darkchild

@infinity_: Chuckling to the new visitor, she was brash and knew of Charlemagne even spoke of him in a degree of interest. "He laid waste to my home in hopes of keeping me quiet, or in hopes of killing me. Both ended in a way he had not seen, he is not brazen nor foolish enough to go to such a level on his soil. He may be a powerful man, but he is not an idiot." He stood leaning against the wall across from the woman, waiting on her to say more.

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: "And why not? He made it pretty clear he doesn't mind being labeled what he is. Does location really sway the approach. If a serial killer in Jersey moves to Canada is he just going to stop killing. Does a wolf stop stalking just because the prey moves to the city? Don't get me wrong your safer here, but it's not an impenetrable wall." She continued herself guided tour as she spoke "you may have shown some surprises but not every mutant or meta is as durable as you."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinity_: "I like this one" Daemon thought to himself. She seemed both geniuenly concerned for Daemon, but at the same time eager to see something happen to prove her point. "A wolf is always what it was born to be, but it also knows when its time to sit back and wait for its prey to make a mistake. As much of a ruthless man Charlemagne is he is calculating, he will want me to make a mockery of my own words or if all that fails wait for me to leave myself alone. He is a predator child, he is not a scavenger he will wait until I am at my most weak." Smiling now even wider than before "And I am never again going to be that weak again...."

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: ever calculative the auburn haired tactician laughed at the statement. "Under that assumption he'll never come. That notion makes you seem the fool. Think yourself untouchable and you open yourself up for the take down. He's smart a predator. His prey, mutants. It's simple logic he'll come when where hard to foresee but he will. It's as inevitable as the war."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Darkchild

@infinity_: "Than I will always be ready for him with that logic. I have begun a preparation for something just like that, you think I am the only one preparing for something like that? No, if he wishes to bring this again to my home. I will not make the same mistakes, if he shows himself here, preparations have already been made. Edee?" As he spoke her name the walls came to life, a face formed from the metal on the walls. The face began as an emotionless sculpture but then a smile arrived "Yes?" Daemon gestured for the new one to look at Eden. "I have designed specific scenarios for when Charlemagne arrives, and these measures will work no matter what. But that only happens when he does arrive with destruction in his heart. I believe that soon Charlemagne will see that fighting what I stand for, will never ever be a battle he will win." With the end of his sentence Eden disappears again into the metal on the walls.

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Infinity_

@darkchild: Her vision changed to one where she could better assess the navels of the mechanism. "Indeed it's intricate and a nice touch, just be cautious. This haven, not everyone is a soldier most just want a home safe from people like Lebeau. Glad to see your making head way though, last thing I want is genocide to be the memorable end of this scenario."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@infinity_: (sorry for non-reply. Friend in hospital called)

"I know many of the people wanting to stay here are not soldiers, they are the very people we are aiming to protect with our lives. Because they are the future, they are the ones who will live on and bring this world into Paradise." He stands up from the wall and walks towards the woman, his hand out towards her and a smile on his face "Care to be one of the people who will build our future?"

Infinity_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: she shook his hand clearly she was friend over foe. "Good. However I am no Shepard this isn't the place for me. Keep n eye on the news and you'll learn my stance."

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Darkchild

@infinity_: Letting her hand go he gestures to the door with a smirk "Doors always open my dear. But Shepard...next time were going to need to tell me your name." With a smile he disappears into the shadows spiraling into a cloud within the shadows.

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Clara Mass

@darkchild: You beat me to the punch! Dammit DC. I thought I was leading in xD

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: haha nope said i was gonna do it...didnt i? oh well yep lets get it started

Clara Mass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Clara Mass

@darkchild: I'll be busy with school the next two days. The moment I'm free I will definitely post.

Be ready to get slayed ;)

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@clara_mass: I have an entire scene played out in my head for this interview, the questions directed at Daemon at least. And some for Clarice. This should be fun

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ltlredwulf

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strongarm: aaaaah alright....but...were you on Paradiso? Eitherway im happy, just confused

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: yeah, just evolved my character in latest blog to accomodate group adjustments

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Strongarm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dark-Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Alexander Leblanc
Alexander Leblanc

@darkchild: Serenity and Hope, just a short distance from New York, where Mister Leblanc had flown in from in his luxurious and extravagant jet. Daemon had summoned the billionaire to the outstanding sanctuary for mutant kind, who were quickly becoming an endangered species as time went by. Alexander already knew why he was summoned, some carefully chosen words he'd spoke in front of a camera of millions, promoting the rights of choice for mutant kind to be able to remove their powers, Alexander preached that any mutant who wished to remove their powers, simply need to visit 'Humanity Now' facilities around the country, and then making a generous donation to that cause. I guess this doesn't sit well with the mutantkinds hope, Daemon. He thought as he walked inside the grounds, wearing an expensive and impressive suit. His driver was on standby outside, waiting for his employer to return. Alexander advanced towards the main facility, waiting for Daemon's greeting.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-paladin: Watching as Leblanc's arrived just short of the time they had discussed, when they had spoken on the phone it was a pleasant surprise. Mister Leblanc had been quite forthcoming about his opinion on everything within the world, he was not for nor was he against the happenings of the world. He simply wished to help those who wanted it, being a helpful hand that would be extended to those needing it. As his jet slowly descended onto the helipad in the back, a large area made just for this, arrivals of the avian nature. Daemon stood just outside the area the jet had landed, his face shined with a wide grin. Watching as Leblanc made his way out of the jet and onto the green grass, Daemon moved forward his hand out before him "Hello Mister Leblanc, thank you for coming so quickly. I know men like us can be very busy." As he greeted Leblanc Debra Van-Dyke stood patiently out to his right. A folder in her arms as she waited for the two men. Daemon gestured for Leblanc to follow beside him, and eyeing Debra to follow behind "How about we go inside, have a cup of coffee? Or do you wish for something a bit stronger?" Daemon made his way to the Garden.

Dark-Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: The 'Mutant Messiah,' in the flesh. Daemon greeted Alexander in front of the mutant sanctuary, and offered him a drink "One does not refuse a man of your stature, coffee is fine, thank you" he replied, looking around briefly to see the magnificence of the mutant edifice, and then followed Daemon and his assistant as he walked to the garden, his mind still curious on what the topic of todays conversation would be. He was aware that coming into a compound full of mutants after just having professed his support for 'Humanity Now' could be quite dangerous, but hoped todays visit would be uneventful. He followed Daemon silently nonetheless and waited for the next phase of tonights visit.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-paladin: Still smiling wide, he never gave the truth to Leblanc through his body language. That he indeed did dislike Alexander, what he potentially stood for was a difficult thing to overcome. But the same could be said about Daemon, who once was a man so bent on revenge that he had killed Zoe known to the world as Feral Nova. An act no one on earth knew of besides him, and the recently revived Zoe. Even she never knew that they had met after her revival, he had glamoured his appearance to her. These things made both men similar, as they both had secrets that the world could never know. But now Daemon wished to know this mans secrets. To find out if Alexander Leblanc was a man for the people as a whole, or just a man for Humans. As they moved into the garden three chairs were sitting waiting, Daemon pulled out a chair for Debra she sat down. Grabbing a pot of coffee he sat it down on the table between the three seats, pouring all three cups he sat down beside Debra.

The Assistant to all that Daemon was, she may have been new to his world but she was an ever confident reporter. He held his hand out and she began to take notes, he continued looking to Alexander "I bet you are wondering why I called for you?" He stared at Alexander for a moment, scanning his body and its subtle ticks. He wasnt as mastered as Charlemagne with his body language, but he had control. He wasnt alarmed entirely, but the small spots on his skin that showed glistened in the light which meant he was sweating. Daemon was a figure on the world, one that both sides either respected or feared, today Daemon would find out exactly which side he laid his head down next to. "I heard your speech, you wish to help those of my kind who believe there gifts are burdens. But my question is, what stops someone from taking this "cure" you sell and produce and using it as a weapon?" Daemon wanted to know, if Leblanc was to mass produce the cure. Use Humanity Now as a global supplier of "cure" the world over.

Dark-Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: As Alexander followed Daemon, they finally rested on some organized chairs, with a cup of coffee which Alexander did not drink yet. Daemon's assistant began writing down some notes, but he paid little attention to her. His attention was concentrated on Daemon, who could clearly see that Alexander was confused. He then began to confirm Alexander's suspicion that Daemon had heard his speech which was publicized on TV, and then expressed his worry that the mutant cure might be weaponised. "I do not sell the cure, I am merely backing Humanity Now and what it stands for, both economically and socially. Humanity Now will happen regardless of my support, I am helping to see its execution carried out successfully" Alexander now took a sip of his coffee.

"The defense of the cure shall be carried out by the first lady of the united states, and the staff of Humanity Now. The running of humanity now, and how they choose to spend the funds I've donated, is also out of my hands. I understand there is always a possibility of the cure being weaponized, but in the modern world we live in, everything can be used as a weapon" he affirmed his belief, as Daemons' eyes skillfully and subtly scanned his body language, it appeared that Alexander Leblanc was telling the truth.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-paladin: Daemon sipped on the coffee and then looked to Debra who had yet to drink, she was completely enthralled by the conversation however how short it had been so far. Smiling to her he looked back to Alexander, he was telling the truth or as much as he knew. Daemon thought to himself "Did Alex truly not know Clarice's motives for such things..." Daemon nodded to Leblanc and set down his glass. Sitting up straight he crossed his hands before him, thinking and without words it was a silent few moments. He stared at Alexander, wanting to know more about the cure itself. "Tell me..." He said after 30 seconds of silence "The First Lady, what do you think of her..." Daemon reached over closing Debra's note pad and removing her pen, she looked to Daemon as if a small puppy would having its prized toy taken away. "Does she emulate the demeanor of a woman who wishes the universal well being of this planet? What are your true opinions of her, and remember...no lies. I am always honest, and with every question you ask me I shall reply with honesty. Something I respectively demand from those I talk with in my home..." There it was, the beginning of the reasons he wanted Leblanc here. Why he made it that they met at Serenity, so that the truth would be spoken. Daemon waited patiently for Alexander's response.

Canine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Leaving his car parked up the road, Liam approached on foot to the intercom that stood just before the front gate of the place known as Serenity and Hope. He was still unsure why the man known as Daemon had requested his presence here, which made him very uneasy. "May I help you?" An electronic voice echoed from the speaker. "Liam Szever here to see the man in charge." He responded with a slightly raspy voice. Liam then cleared his throat as he waited. "Yes Mr. Szever, please enter." The large metal slats opened inward to reveal the vast front lawn with the towering mansion a few hundred feet away. "Maybe should've not parked so far away." Liam muttered before he walked in at a brisk pace. He hoped that he wouldn't ruin his only suit by sweating.

A few minutes had passed and Liam had finally made it to the front of the mansion. Before he would knock, Liam popped both sets of his claws and inspected them. If this was a trap, he was going to be ready. He quickly sheathed his four razors then struck the door with two quick taps of a closed fist, then waited.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canine: Even before Liam had approached the front gates and initiated the intercom, Daemon had known of his presence. Eden had alerted him and spoken to him, allowing him past the front gates. Daemon knew many things about many people in this world, Liam was a troubled child but deep down he was a man who had the potential for so much more. Daemon saw this, and he wanted to show Liam his potential. That even with his uncanny abilities he could push them further, and help this world become something more, bring it into a place known as Paradise. As Liam made his way to the front door, Daemon did likewise meeting him at the door as he knocked. Pressing a button beside the door, the door quickly dissolved and allowed both men to see eye to eye. Even though Daemon stood nearly a foot taller than Liam, he looked him in the eyes and welcomed him in "Hello Liam, been waiting for someone like you for a while. Please come in..."

Dark-Paladin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Alexander thought about his answer before responding "I don't think I know her enough to judge her, what I do know is that her goals with Humanity Now are noble, despite the woman she may be. I understand Clarice was present at the..." Alexander thought on how to phrase it so he doesn't offend the man "destruction of the previous mutant establishment, but the full details of that day are not yet known, and Clarice's participation in the event may indeed be sinister, but I'm not supporting Clarice, I'm supporting Humanity Now. I've always been a supporter of the right that mutants should be able to choose whether to keep their abilities or not" Alexander took another sip of his coffee. Alexander suspected the goals of Humanity Now did not bother Daemon, but the woman at the helm of the project did.

"At the end of the day, I'm not a supporter of Clarice, I just believe in a specific right which is owed to the people. Donating fifty million dollars will not see the cure weaponized, money will not do that, if it will happen, it will happen for other reasons which I did not contribute to" he said as Daemon's eyes stared him down, but he remained firmly in place, his confidence not diminishing.

Canine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darkchild: Liam took as step back as the door disappeared and revealed a large figure. He then looked up to see his host towering over him who stared right back with piercing eyes. Liam clenched right fist out of caution as Daemon's sudden presence had put him had caught him off guard. As Daemon welcomed him, the host's greeting bothered Liam. "Waiting for someone like you for a while." There was a very specific agenda to this meeting and he had mixed feelings about it.

"Thank you having me, sir." Liam responded as he entered the foyer. and glanced around, taking in the scenery. "So..." Liam paused to once again clear his throat. "Why am I here?" He bluntly asked.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dark-paladin: Daemon sipped his coffee again before returning the empty cup to the table, giving Debra her pen back to her she hugged it like a doll before writing again. He knew she would memorize their conversation either way, but having his response off the record would give Daemon the appearance that he cared for Leblancs public appearance. Daemon shifted for a moment in his chair, looking over Leblanc once more before continuing "Clarice is not the person in which such a delicate thing as the cure should be entrusted, I myself am not either. I have a weapon I wish I never had, something that sits in the back of my mind waiting to be used. But there will never be a "Break Glass" in case of emergency for me, if that moment comes I will face it as a mutant and not as a genocidal killer." Daemon leaned back in his chair again, resting for a moment before he continued "I want to be a part of Leblanc industries Alex, I want to be apart of something more. This school...no this sanctuary can only do so much. I need more, and more importantly I need friends, friends like you." His eyes showed emotion, ones of sadness and truth "I have few of those, the last one to be considered was my late Queen and wife. I cannot let another die because of me, because I did not take the chance to change what was going on in front of my eyes." This time he pointed at Alexander, not in demand or hate but he was simply making a point.

Debra looked from one man to the other, in complete shock. She never would of thought Daemon would use the word friend, much the less show emotion like this. She thought to herself "He has a wife?! Had one?" her face full of shock as Daemon continued "I believe that Charlemagne was not totally at fault for what happened to my Island. He made it happen, but she pushed it. Clarice came to my Paradiso with a purpose and a hate that she has held for years. She wanted me gone, wanted the one person who could unite both mutant and human under one banner. She may now have the cure, but I want to find a way to by pass this cure. To make sure that when it is weaponized, we have a way to combat it. Keep those who wish to keep there gifts, get to do that and pass that onto there children. But I can only do that, with the help from people like you and people who I need...friends." Daemon sat forward and waited for Alex's response.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@canine: (will reply tomorrow man. Im friggin tired)

Canine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers