• 55 results
#1 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

Pretty self explanatory and good for battle practices, in a way it is learning to 'take a hit from others. Kudos to @referee from this thread.

Start off with this one:

Thug A uses a lead pipe picked from the floor as an improvised weapon to hit the stranger in front of him, A is living a fast life and he needs money to buy meth. With a heave of his breath and a downward swing from both hands the pipe heads to the stranger's back.

#2 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@strongarm: In my opinion to sell that attack would be to job yourself. A random meth head with a pipe? Thats not selling thats bending over :P

#3 Edited by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: :P

Thug A uses a lead pipe picked from the floor as an improvised weapon to hit the stranger in front of him, A is living a fast life and he needs money to buy meth. With a heave of his breath and a downward swing from both hands the pipe heads to the stranger's back.

The Paragon was simply walking through the New York suburbs, hands snugly fitting inside of his green jacket pockets contemplating whether or not Gothic was worth saving. Before he could react, a metal bat violently smashed into the top of his head causing the young archer to buckle forwards smashing into the concrete ground, standing back up, instantly throwing a coin-sized explosive towards of his attacker strong enough to blow up a small car.

#4 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@gambler: :P

Before he could react

Taskmaster level jobbing son. Pitiful

#5 Edited by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: Lmfao, I aint got a six sense you know :P

#6 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I'm taking back my scrolls. If you cant dodge a meth head you cant steal from LeBeau :p j/k

#7 Edited by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: I've sold em to the black market, good'luck "mate" :P

#8 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Pays random meth head to beat you down with a pipe

#9 Edited by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler: The Paragon was idly walking through the New York suburbs, hands snugly fitting inside of his green jacket pockets contemplating whether or not Gothic was worth saving. Luckily he reacted to a seemingly stupid meth head who was stuttering something about stealing brains as he spun around and backhanded the man off sending him tumbling away. Stupidly, Pyrogram tripped up and KO'd himself.

#10 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: While watching GoT eating a bag of cheetos Gambler caught a brief glimpse of a stylishly executed reverse pimp slap. The result of which had sent a seemingly harmless drug addict twirling into a two week old pile of rotten trash exploding a mushroom like cloud of flies into the air. Sadly a subsequent loss of balance and shabby foot work saw the would be hero stumble and fall, rendering himself unconscious in the process.Filled with joy and laughter, Gambler accidentally began to choke on a stray piece of processed carbs. And with no one around to help him (with the exception of Mercy's goddamn cat, Mr. Assdragger), he passed out.

#11 Posted by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio
#12 Edited by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

Oh my God, that's hilarious!

#13 Edited by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

why is everybody jobbing ?xD

#14 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@gambler said:

@pyrogram: While watching GoT eating a bag of cheetos Gambler caught a brief glimpse of a stylishly executed reverse pimp slap. The result of which had sent a seemingly harmless drug addict twirling into a two week old pile of rotten trash exploding a mushroom like cloud of flies into the air. Sadly a subsequent loss of balance and shabby foot work saw the would be hero stumble and fall, rendering himself unconscious in the process.Filled with joy and laughter, Gambler accidentally began to choke on a stray piece of processed carbs. And with no one around to help him (with the exception of Mercy's goddamn cat, Mr. Assdragger), he passed out.

Seriously! My side!

#15 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

Perhaps a PSA on the difference between selling and jobbing is needed? :B

#16 Edited by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

They can be synonymous.

#17 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_strigidae_: Selling at least entails respecting the other guy's moves and making note of them, even if they can't really hurt you. Like say Silver Surfer gets punched in the face by the Green Goblin who breaks his hand doing so. Selling would be.

Seeing Osborn's hand fly towards his face, Norrin almost raised one of his brows, somewhat amazed that someone so clearly outclassed would try to attack him in spite of the difference in power level. His form was admirable, his courage or perhaps madness must have been the stuff of legends. And when the herald of Galactus feels the fist impact his face and the bone crunching upon impact, Norrin could not help but be impressed that this man would even consider making such an action, even as he casually swatted at Osborne's head to send him into a spiraling dive away from him.

Jobbing is disrespecting your own character for the sake of plot and would be more along the lines of, to continue the example

The Silver Surfer, caught unawares by the Green Goblin's assault, was unable to bring forth a counter as Osborne's fist collided with his head, the impact ringing across his skull as he fell downwards to the ground, impacting the cold concrete as blissful unconsciousness took him.

One respects both characters, the other doesn't.

#19 Edited by AmazingAngel (4121 posts) - - Show Bio

If this turns into a Job thread somebody better make a Squirrel Girl alt RIGHT NOW!

#20 Posted by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

Jobbing is disrespecting your own character for the sake of plot and would be more along the lines of, to continue the example

Or it's just to not have an ego which is afraid of losing stupidly for the sake of a fun plot ^_^

#21 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Comedic jobbing is another thing altogether.

But comedic role plays happen once a blue moon.

:(

#22 Posted by Pyrogram (38308 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Not really. I've sold stupidly as the plot allows for it, it's not about comedy just not caring too much about winning or losing lol

#23 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram said:

@guardian_of_gravity said:

Or it's just to not have an ego which is afraid of losing stupidly for the sake of a fun plot ^_^

Well it kinda ruins the credibility from some characters :/

Like you've never heard of Kratesis getting owned by somebody on Honor Girl's level if that happened everybody would be p*ssed if that happened and say it was stupid xD

#24 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I'm generally fond of mass Genre savvyness among characters who are supposed to be intelligent. A serious plot is generally better when the people who aren't explicitly dumb don't act like they are.

Otherwise Countdown would be considered one of the greatest plotlines of all time.

But hey, whatever floats your boat.

#25 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: You frowny face at the lack of comedic roleplays, so why talk about jobbing like that when it's funny? And in a hypothetical non-canon thread, no less.

Ultimate example (I can think of). Amaranth in the Vine Hell Championship. He was fighting Anya Jaegerjaquez, smirked, goaded her into attacking him because he underestimated her. She kicked him in the...junk, let's say, whilst a simultaneous haymaker swung at his head knocked his arm aside like it was not there, and knocked him out in one hit. We joked about it (she put in his bio he carries yarn in his utility belt now), and other people laughed and joked, but ultimately, he lost no credibility as a character.

#26 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_strigidae_: I'm fond of comedy as long as it is well written.

When it is not, it well...

#27 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: "Well-written" is subjective.

Most, if not all, things are, then. Sensations and perceptions.

#28 Edited by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_strigidae_: Poorly written comedy is perhaps the single most painful thing to sit through short of actual physical pain.

I'll let the Nostalgia Critic Explain why.

#29 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Alright, but Gambler could think a master martial artist choking on a cheeto with no one around to help, in the way he did it, is really good. I thought it was done well enough, made me laugh. Or other examples. I can't stand Tyler Perry movies, but for some reason, many people love them. I never understood the appeal of many things people love, and some things I show to people, they just look at me and their eyes say "you wasted my life."

#30 Posted by _Cerberus_ (3448 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: Alright, but Gambler could think a master martial artist choking on a cheeto with no one around to help, in the way he did it, is really good. I thought it was done well enough, made me laugh. Or other examples. I can't stand Tyler Perry movies, but for some reason, many people love them. I never understood the appeal of many things people love, and some things I show to people, they just look at me and their eyes say "you wasted my life."

everybody has their own different sense of comedy :P

That's why I prefer Drama selling and Action selling over Comedy luz!

#31 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

@_strigidae_: Well Gambler's thing was obviously farcical and worth a laugh.

And plus Gambler's one of the few people who's had more time to build their skills than I did. :P

#32 Edited by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@_cerberus_: People also have different perceptions of good drama, and good action. Many people say Tyler Perry creates dramatic masterpieces. I can appreciate the message he sends at times, but I don't see the mass appeal. I like to read Shakespeare at times, but he's not on my list of favorite authors. The community around here has so many examples.

Plus this thread is non-canon anyway, and he's not really diminishing his credibility.

#33 Edited by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

What are we arguing about I want in I want in!!!!

#34 Edited by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio

@guardian_of_gravity: I laughed. Hard.

Time to build skills isn't everything. You could have someone who prefers your skills to his (he's gonna smite me for considering that). It's ultimately up to the reader, and the writer.

#35 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Decoy fell to the ground clutching his ears, the screeching reminded him of an unending madness from long ago. Barely able to move he slowly lifted his guns and fired a barrage of bullets.

EDIT: This post made more sense when I was posting it below Gambler's post.

#36 Posted by The_MVPs (84693 posts) - - Show Bio

You could have someone who prefers your skills to his (he's gonna smite me for

#37 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite:

Barely able to move he slowly lifted his guns and fired a barrage of bullets.

Lynx saw the man fire a volley of projectiles, he dodged out of the way but forgot his urban orientation and jumped right in front of rush hour traffic. Instead he was run over by a yellow taxi cab, something which had caught him off by surprise.

Coughing from the impact the thief picked up an empty bottle and tossed it at the next stranger.

@gambler: Said meth could be Jesse Pinkman or Walter White, or you can have an allergy because of 'bad mojo'

#38 Posted by Backstabber (280 posts) - - Show Bio

With his mind distracted from battle fatigue, Jason failed to see a simple whiskey bottle being swung at his head. Unable to dodge or deflect the attack he had to take the full force of the swing. The contact of the bottle caused the glass to shatter to pieces leaving behind a small open wound on his cheek, from which a trail of blood pored down. Jason fell to the ground as his head was throbbing in pain. His sight blurry to a point of double vision and a constant ringing sound echoed through his ears. He tried his best to stand up, but every time he would get to one knee the throbbing pain forced him back down. He was done for, an easy target to his attackers whim.

With his vision fading as he was blacking out Jason made one last attempt to save his life, or at least prolong it. With his left hand pressed firmly against his wound, he reached for a small blade with his right hand and waited till his attacker was standing over him. Now in range Jason's last act of defiance was an attempt to slam the knife deep in the foot of his enemy, Then using his own body weight, he fell down upon it forcing the knife even deeper and hopefully through the persons foot. Stabbing through both flesh and bone!

#39 Posted by Backstabber (280 posts) - - Show Bio

Bump

With his mind distracted from battle fatigue, Jason failed to see a simple whiskey bottle being swung at his head. Unable to dodge or deflect the attack he had to take the full force of the swing. The contact of the bottle caused the glass to shatter to pieces leaving behind a small open wound on his cheek, from which a trail of blood pored down. Jason fell to the ground as his head was throbbing in pain. His sight blurry to a point of double vision and a constant ringing sound echoed through his ears. He tried his best to stand up, but every time he would get to one knee the throbbing pain forced him back down. He was done for, an easy target to his attackers whim.

With his vision fading as he was blacking out Jason made one last attempt to save his life, or at least prolong it. With his left hand pressed firmly against his wound, he reached for a small blade with his right hand and waited till his attacker was standing over him. Now in range Jason's last act of defiance was an attempt to slam the knife deep in the foot of his enemy, Then using his own body weight, he fell down upon it forcing the knife even deeper and hopefully through the persons foot. Stabbing through both flesh and bone!

#40 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

Adam felt the knife forced into his foot. Through gritted teeth, he hissed, "Cute." He reached down, but his prey fell on the knife, and he heard it grate on stone. "Gott!" He screamed. He lunged forward, aiming to implant his claws into his opponent's chest.

#41 Posted by Backstabber (280 posts) - - Show Bio

With no room to move Jason's enemy struck him deep with an opened hand attack, thrusting his fingers deep within his chest. At that moment five razor sharp claws stabbed through his suit, and into his flesh, causing him to scream in pain. With lightning reflexes Jason managed to clasped his hands together and grab his opponents arm at the wrist, just in time to prevent it from going in any deeper. Jason however was experiencing an uncomfortable feeling in his chest. It was not as painful as being shot but the fact the claws where scratching in his flesh, put it in the top twenty. In an attempt to break free Jason began pushing himself away from his enemies hand by using his own grip on the enemies wrist as leverage. However as he did, he felt his skin being slashed away with ever jerk he made. Jason cringed and locked his jaw with his last effort separating him and his opponent but now he was experiencing the pain of five deep opened wounds, all hemorrhaging blood. Jason clasped his chest with his left hand trying to cover the wounds and lunged away from his attacker. His every breath now was a reminder of the pain as his chest expanded in and out, pumping the blood even faster. His only hope now was to put as much space as he can between him and his enemy, until his healing factor kicked in and saved his life.

In retaliation Jason pulled his Beretta from it's holster and aimed it at his opponent's head. His gun was shaking as the pain he was in was still present, Yet he still managed to keep it raised. “You think you've beat me? You think I'm done?'' Jason then coughed up a few traces of blood but continued “I'll show you who's beat!” With that said he pulled the trigger emptying ever bullet in the clip until he was lying their in a pool of his own blood. Surprisingly though Jason had managed to predict the trajectory of each bullet so that they would each pass by the target easily. But then upon hitting objects behind the opponent they would be deflected off them and then be redirected at his opponents back. It was a variation of Jason's signature move, and a move he was proud of.

#42 Posted by Laughingstock (1519 posts) - - Show Bio

Laughingstock approached laughing at the poor aim of the marksman, but he stopped laughing as the bullets shot through his back.Laughingstock admired his tactic but it was a bad attack on him, the wounds that went through opened up holes on his torso allowing his venomous blood to spray out over his opponent. He reached into his satchel taking out a handfull of smoke pellets and dropped them on the ground. In the cover of the smoke and the help of his vision, Laughingstock dropped his sleeve firing a bouquet of Big Top poison throwing knives at his opponent.

#43 Edited by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

(I wish I could join this I need to practice selling)

#44 Posted by Lady_Grimm (1551 posts) - - Show Bio

Smoke had covered the area, cleverly deployed from her opponent it had now completely clouded her vision. She quickly conjured a few shadows from the darkest corners of the room to blow away the smoke, but she was impaled deeply by a few darts to her abdomen and a stray one to her neck. "Ugh! Damn you clown!" She wailed, leaving the razor sharp darts in to avoid bleeding out. Sprinting towards her opponent she began to feel whoozy and slightly nauseous. 'Poison!' she thought to herself. Tearing the darts out her vision began to haze and slightly stumbling, attempting to gain the upper hand, Grimm enhanced her punch with darkness creating fist powerful enough to demolish a building, "Eat this!" She shouted as her fist cocked back

#45 Posted by Backstabber (280 posts) - - Show Bio

@lastpyre said:

(I wish I could join this I need to practice selling)

Post when ever you wish. I myself use this thread for practice.

---------

With one swing Grimm unleashed a dark fury of hell. Behind her simple punch she enhanced it with enough darkness to demolish a building. Unfortunately Jason was the intended target, and was caught off guard. Her swing came across the field with it's dark force aimed at Backstabber's chest and upon contact, the shear force of the punch alone was enough to knock him of his feet. His body now flying through the air traveled backwards until it made contact with a brick wall behind him, smashing him into it, and then eventually, through it. For one brief second Jason thought his torture had ended but the fact was the dark force continued to force him through several other walls all with the same amount of excruciating pain.

Finally after his bruised and broken body landed Jason found himself amidst the inside of a building under a pile of smashed concrete and demolished boards. The room was filled with a cloud of dust as he coughed up small amounts of blood. Jason pushed away the two by fours lying on top of him an tried to stand up but the moment he put pressure on his left leg he screamed “Oh God!” for it was broken. After a quick assessment he discovered his leg was actually broken in two places. Grabbing the nearest board he could find, Jason used it as a temporary crutch and hobbled his way through the path of destruction he made while being knocked around. Upon reaching the buildings gaping hole open at the side of the street, Jason shifted all his weight on his good leg and held his board like a baseball bat. He was now ready to swing at his opponents head the second he walked through the massive hole and entered the damage building.

#46 Posted by LastPyre (1009 posts) - - Show Bio

As Last Pyre went up to the hole he found himself being caught off guard by a simple board of wood. It connected with his mask and the force was enough to send him tumbling down the building. The attack itself did not hurt and neither did the fall, as conventional weapons of man could never bring harm to him. However, in his arrogance Last Pyre had not noticed a key detail of where he would land, a nearby fire hydrant had burst spraying large amounts of water gushing everywhere and before Last Pyre knew it he was caught right in the middle of it all. As soon as the water touched him it hissed and evaporated and Last Pyre wailed and roared in sheer agony, the water felt like acid burning through his entire existence, its pain so great that no human would ever be able to comprehend it. He landed with a splash and the pain only got worse, the water continued to hiss and he tried to make a fire but there was simply too much water around to do so.

He felt himself getting cold, too cold. It was the cold snap that went down his being that reminded him to be wary, for he continued to cry out in agony, shouting a prayer for the demon of the water to have mercy on him and take the water away. No reply. But soon he had had enough, with his remaining strength he stood up straight and stomped his foot down releasing a fiery shock wave that got rid of most of the water. The pain pulsed through him still and he moaned in several different voices which seemed to echo on and on. He was weakened, cold and lucky to have not turned back into Peter. The pain then subsided and in its place came nothing but white hot rage reflected by his clothes which were set ablaze by a blinding white fire, a pillar of flame began to form beneath him and raised him into the air.

A top the pillar he stood in a wicked pose, his entire body seemed as though it was all tensed up and the continued to both screech and roar simultaneously creating a sound so awful not even Lucifer would want to hear it. Above him formed to large monsters that resembled snakes with lion heads with the addition of mighty wings. He yelled at the monsters something incomprehensible but they understood his orders clearly and dived down to attack the next opponent. "YOU WILL ALL PAY!!" He shouted before the pillar dissipated and he fell back down to the damp ground which once again made him yell in pain. The rage had now left, there was nothing but the small but agonising torment of the damp ground beneath him. "No more" He whispered to himself. "Please... no more". A cloud of black smoke appeared around him, it soon subsided but in his place was Peter, who was laying in the exact same position, the monster would still attack for Last Pyre had given them sentience before he turned into Peter. The boy stood up, scared that Last Pyre wasn't around to protect him, afraid that his life would be taken. He did the first thing that came to his mind. He ran.

#47 Posted by Strongarm (5857 posts) - - Show Bio

New Attack

Now a maniac is swinging a rubber baseball bat that is covered in bubbles to hit the person sitting on the bench besides him, the maniac is somewhat obese and is having respiratory problems. He can barely hit a mile on marathon but that bat does look very awkward.

#48 Posted by Shellshock (41 posts) - - Show Bio

Shelton rested his eyes for a minute as he slept on the metal park bench, He was dreaming of himself lying on a field of daisies next to a vivacious blond eager to please him. Unfortunately, he was unaware of the fact that in the real world, he was about to be bludgeoned to death by an obese man with respiratory problems. The villain now had all the time in the world to strike at Shelton as well as any place to strike at, for Shelton was now nothing more than a shiny pinata.

With one swing, the rubber bat nailed Shelton square center on the back of his head, forcing his head to lunge forward from shear momentum, snapping his spine in two. Neither the assailant nor Shelton would have ever guessed that the bat in question was a magical item and quite capable of cracking through Shelton's casing.

His body fell of the bench, as he reached for the back of his head. Blood poured out in massive quantities as a portion of his brain was now exposed. The damage had already rendered him blind and the right side of his body was now paralyzed. In agony he cried out “Help! I'm Dying!” but no one other than his killer was there to hear is last cries.

Shelton knew he had less than seconds before his inevitable end and decided to lash out in any way he could. Utilizing one of his few, still movable parts, he slammed his left hand down hard upon the parks grassy field and unleashed 5 million Volts of electricity spreading out in every direction. It left behind a scorched earth, but it was a fitting area for Shellshock to meet his final fate.

#49 Edited by Racob7 (5669 posts) - - Show Bio

Elyn braced herself, then wailed as her entire body was engulfed in agonizing pain. She managed to stay on her feet, but she was shaking from the pain and her hair was slightly charred. Growling and panting, she raised her hands out in front of her and spread her fingers wide. The ground began to tremble and street lights began to explode as Elyn released a blast of energy from her hands.

#50 Posted by Micromite (66 posts) - - Show Bio

@racob7:

With a gesture of her hand a unparalleled force was unleashed. One by one the streetlights shattered raining glass down. The ground itself cracking wide open forming a zig zag pattern from whence Elyn stroke from. Through the air, her released energy destroyed everything else, leaving only a wake of destruction behind it.

Unfortunately Dr. McFry was caught dead center of the attack thus suffering the most. He manged to get his shield raised at the last second, praying it would hold, but the shear power of the attacked hit him hard. Instantly he flung backwards unable to guide himself, his tiny frame spinning around uncontrollably. For a quarter of a mile he continued his misguided trajectory, smashing through a large variety of buildings, still without slowing down. Finally he stopped falling backwards inside a random office surrounded by innocent observers, looking down at him and staring at the small hole he came from.

His body was still functional, bruised badly but still functional. Ready for some pay back, he suggested the people around him to Stand Back, as his tiny wings began fluttering. Soon he was off, following the same path he came from as a track to finding his foe. There, still standing in ground zero of a battle field, his enemy [YOU] was still ready eager to battle. Dr. McFry kicked his speed up a notch, and after a sonic boom he attacked. Moving three times faster than that of a bullet he continually flew around his foe in a sporadic pattern. With each passing he moved in close enough to strike with his wings, wings that are as sharp and deadly as adamantium blades. Soon his adversary would suffer hundreds of razor sharp slashes all over his body. Each one more painful than the first.