Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Joseph_Stark

Eleanor Laboratories, LA;
Several nights ago.

No Caption Provided

Out of his personal office and straight into his laboratory, Joseph nonchalantly strode with an ebony cup of Earl Grey tea in hand. Wall panels of pearlescent white systematically realigned in response to his course and permited him entry into a confessional of biology, where it surrendered it's most daunting secrets into the wary ears of science. The atmosphere was synthetically sterile, the room in shades of agressive white accented by equipment of luminescent metal. Such as one of the work tables by the entrance, that had already soundlessly closed behind, him and which he chose to lay his cup on.

"Where were we?", he asked purely rhetorically whilst swiftly changing footwear and lifting a tediously folded polymer apron which he prepared for wearing. He moved slowly towards the other end of the room, tieing the apron behind his waist and revealing a bloodspatter pastiche all over it's outer surface. "Oh yes..."

No Caption Provided

The floor, it too took on a more sinister pattern. First, it were nigh-dismissable drops of deep crimson red, then further aggrandized as he continued walking until eventually reaching whole tiles drenched in darker shades of the same color yet seldom seeded with lumps of shaved fur. The soles of his work-shoes left marred footprints in the potent layer of sanguine liquid stemming from it's 'bedridden' source: What appeared to be the open cadaver of a werewolf, the one he had acquired in Gothic City days before. "...I tend to forget that you lack the ability to speak."

"Well, it's not like you'd been able to remind me that I wanted inspect your suprarenal glands...or to make any sensible contribution whatsoever.", he paused and innocently smacked his lips. "Nevermind."

He guided his physician hand towards the bone-saw that poked out of the creature's open chest cavity and mentally recounted it's ribs with a mild flinch to his gaze. Curiously the creature still maintained the exact number of ribs as an ordinary human, astonishing really, if only it's skeleton wasn't so unnaturally dense (something he'd make sure to add to his dissection notes). Never-the-less, Joseph continued firmly sawing for a few moments before breaking the saw's teeth and deciding on simply tearing it off.

"Mr. Stark, the--", the torn off rib landed by Mr. Fonteno's oxfords who in response sighed in aversion. "Do you really have to do this, sir?"

"Otis...", he huffed and puffed whilst trying to open up the resisting rib cage a bit more. "...Could you put the money I put into your cultivation to use and offer a helping hand?"

"I'm not going anywhere near that."

"Aaargh-Uf!", the creeping crack of bones signalled the loosening of the rib-cage. "Fair enough. *huff*Anyways, to answer your question: Yes. This research is of utmost importance to all of mankind. As a boy I've spent most of my youth jailed in various boarding schools and institutes to learn and develop into a functional member of this decadent society. But you see, while my father and my teachers failed terribly in accomplishing that, they allowed me to realize...", he dug inside the beast's intestines before feeling what appeared to be one of the adrenals. "...That we, as a society, indoctorinate our children with various subjects but forget to realize that they aren't applicable anymore.", heruthlessly tore the organ out and placed it to the side.

"What we knew a decade ago holds little relevance today, Otis. While we were focusing on post-poning nuclear holocaust a new mutant Stalin rose in the South and while were eagerly watching the skies for E.T.s, New Gods ravaged Spain! The world around us is evolving at a rapid pace and it's entirely up to us if we do choose to adapt...", he gestured towards the werewolf whilst cleaning his hands with a rag. "...or perish in our entirely."

"Uhhh...Fair enough. I just wanted to notify you that plans for new Stark Tower just arrived. I'll leave them at your desk."

"Marvelous, thank you. Oh and...", he handed his assistant a small vial labeled 'Sanies Lupus'. "...store this among the other samples while you are at running errands, placee it next to the Orkoid samples.", a small pat on the shoulder before returning to the table. "I have to make sure the patient stays properly anesthetized."

"It's not...?" ...dead?

A devious grin curled up the mad doctor's lips.

"Oh, did it truly give that impression?

Joseph_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm not entirely sure if this is canon or not anymore.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Aaargh-Uf!", the creeping crack of bones signalled the loosening of the rib-cage. "Fair enough. *huff*Anyways, to answer your question: Yes. This research is of utmost importance to all of mankind. As a boy I've spent most of my youth jailed in various boarding schools and institutes to learn and develop into a functional member of this decadent society. But you see, while my father and my teachers failed terribly in accomplishing that, they allowed me to realize...", he dug inside the beast's intestines before feeling what appeared to be one of the adrenals. "...That we, as a society, indoctorinate our children with various subjects but forget to realize that they aren't applicable anymore.", heruthlessly tore the organ out and placed it to the side.

"What we knew a decade ago holds little relevance today, Otis. While we were focusing on post-poning nuclear holocaust a new mutant Stalin rose in the South and while were eagerly watching the skies for E.T.s, New Gods ravaged Spain! The world around us is evolving at a rapid pace and it's entirely up to us if we do choose to adapt...", he gestured towards the werewolf whilst cleaning his hands with a rag. "...or perish in our entirely."

The whole piece was dope. Especially dug this portion. My two cents, you should keep it. A couple different supernatural veins you could tap into with this and still remain in place.

Joseph_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Joseph_Stark

@nikademus: I think my original goal was to go around and dissect various metaspecies in secret for reasearch (and weaponization) purposes. But now I feel like using Mann's Gambit as a look so I'll do something a bit more...relevant to appear on everyone's radar. (It could be semi-magical tho, depending on my phrasing)

Ominous words are ominous, boiz.

Joseph_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Non-canon.