Formed in 1941 by Generals Deadman and Quinn, the Strategic Hazard Intervention, Espionage and Logistics Directorate's initial purpose was aiding the allies in WWII with regards to superhuman threats, utilized solely as a small black ops unit of no more than fifteen men that specialized in eliminating opponents a great deal more powerful than themselves.
After the war, there were motions made to dismantle the unit by Quinn, but these were overruled by Deadman, who insisted the world would continue to require the Directorate's assistance. His words rang true as a post-WWII surge of superpowered beings hit the earth and metahuman terrorism increased exponentially, the tide quelled only by the experienced machinations of S.H.I.E.L.D and her then twenty-three operatives. Thirty superhuman threats were terminated, with only two casualties suffered by the unit throughout it all.
Constructed by some of the history's most intelligent minds, the colossal airborne structure became S.H.I.E.L.D's base of operations, the directive becoming so large that eventually several of these were built, purposed for several continents so as to ensure global protection by the unit, which now consists of hundreds of members.
It is comprised of technology the world has never seen before, designed by both General Asher Deadman and Anthony Stark, two of the world's leading technological pioneers. It possesses several functions which set it apart from most military grade aircraft, these come in the form of an advanced cloaking mechanism that renders the titanic construction almost non-existent, with both visibility and sound disappearing, security forces the likes of which are a league unto their own, and an array of versatile environments in which it can manoeuvre itself. It also withholds enough fire-power to level a small city.
Helicarrier 67 serves as S.H.I.E.L.D's primary headquarters, at least double the size of all others. It consists of several layers, each serving an individually tailored purpose with hordes of both scientists and operatives spanning each sector. It is able to fit numerous aircraft carriers within it's spacious confines, a sheer testament to it's magnitude.
Sectors aboard the Helicarrier include:
- A Docking Area - Aircraft land and are launched from here. There are two aboard each helicarrier, one upon the surface of the airborne structure and one at it's base.
- Training Areas - These are a series of rooms designed to fully render and materialize any environment the trainee wishes to utilize, deemed restricted to rookie operatives as a result of it's lethal capacity.
- Laboratories - General Asher Deadman's home away from home, these are used to create weapons and gear from which S.H.I.E.L.D's operatives may benefit, each sections divided into alternate fields ranging from combat to medical ailments.
- Infirmary - An on-board medical facility used to rehabilitate injured field operatives, lead by some of the world's most capable doctors and scientists.
Director Asher Deadman
Grandson of founding member General Paxton Deadman, the small framed scientist was groomed into the military by his Staff Sergeant father and rose to prominence as one of the youngest generals of all time, managing to reach the position at age 26. From there he was appointed Director of S.H.I.E.L.D and has been running the international unit ever since, known by his subordinates as Amphetamines as a result of the incredible mutation he possesses that allows him to transform into an eight foot, green skinned behemoth. Triggered by stress or anger, the transformation process was held at bay with immense amounts of medication as the man grew up but as he settled into power as one of the world's most successful generals he began to utilize the strange ability to his advantage and became his own indestructible weapon. He now wears a permanent suit of armour that regulates his medication intake and enables him to change into and out of his monstrous state at will.
These men and women are the world's most prominent soldiers, individuals that have surpassed their peers and proved that they have what it takes to combat superhuman threats. There are several ranks within the directive's operative force, and all are of international excellence. Their numbers range in the hundreds.
- I didn't care enough to go too in-depth with this as most of you are aware of the Helicarrier's features already.
- Not sure if this is a practical idea but needed a base of operations for Amphetamines >_>
- Feel free to visit, but have an extremely good reason for it if you aren't a bad guy trying to break in or a superhuman dropping by to chit-chat.
- You can break in, just really really sell the defences.
- Not sure if people would be interested in joining S.H.I.E.L.D as an operative or whatever, but as it is a team of sorts, if you have any inclinations towards joining with a character, PM @amphetamines.
- As of the impending war, Anthony Stark has made the directive's existence public.