Rútur's Workshop (CVnU Location-New York)

• 177 results
ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@cara_hunter: Now that one sounded difficult. It was definitely a mathematics problem, rather than a wordplay one. Rútur put his hand to his chin and thought about it. "1 carton contains either 10 small boxes or 8 large boxes...96 boxes...more large boxes...I'm going to need some paper." He stood up and pulled a fairly large sheet of cardboard over and set it on the floor, where he crouched by a corner. Rútur wrote several numbers on the card and sat back, putting his pen down. He needed to see what he was missing. He sometimes overlooked details that stared him right in the face. "Can't see the forest for the trees, Egilson." he said in fluent Icelandic. He wondered if his customer had worked out the riddles before he had, then realised that if she had, she wouldn't be asking him for help. "I think..." he said after a moment's silent thinking "The answer's 11. Here's my reasoning." He began to write again. "Let's say this merchant takes 7 large boxes. A single carton can hold 8 boxes, so multiply 7 by 8 and you get 56. Now, onto the small boxes. He can put 10 into a carton, so say he takes 4. 4 multiplied by 10 is 40. 56 add 40 is 96, ergo 7 and 4 added together equals 11. See my reasoning?" He wasn't that good at explaining things.

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#102  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ranra: "Uh,...yah" Cara shook her head but it was hard to tell if she was being truthful.

"so far we have seven and eleven as answers, ready for riddle three?"

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#103  Edited By ranra

@cara_hunter: "Just a second. I want to input these as we go along." Rútur did just that, inputting the number 11 into the device. "Okay, I'm ready. Riddle 3 out of...how many, exactly?"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: "Ninety eight" Cara replied as she read in her mind the third riddle.

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: "Why do I get the feeling we're going to be doing this until way after closing time?" Rútur asked, expecting no answer in return. "Alright, then. Fire away."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#106  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ranra:

"What row of numbers comes next in this series

13112221?"

she stopped and looked at him and then showed him the third riddle"it really asks that"

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: "1, 11, 21, 1211, 111221, 312211, 13112221...that's hard." Rútur looked over the list multiple times. He couldn't tell what came next. "Man, this person really was a d!(k. I'm kinda stumped."

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#108  Edited By RamJam

@ranra: "1113213211," Mickey remarked coolly as he stepped within range after locating the duo. "You hidin' from me? Who's the girly?" Almost immediately a sly smirk spread over his face. "Oho! I see what we got here! Hey, it's cool. No judgment from me. Personally I find the use of yer time an' money odd, given what ye could be doin' with a woman o' that like, but I ain't one to judge. It's yer thing and you can do it how you wanna. Far as I know this is just the warm-up....Is this the warm-up? Should I go?"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ramjam: @ranra: Cara gave an offended face "are you implying something mister?" she looked at Mickey

(will give you the answer in a few posts :P)

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: @cara_hunter: "How did you come up with that?" Rútur raised an eyebrow at Mick. It certainly wasn't the answer he would have gone for. Then again, he didn't know which answer he would go for. The answer eluded him like a...thing that eludes someone. "Dude! Stop implying that I hit on my customers!" he said warningly.

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: @ranra: "It's one o' them looky-speaky things. One one, two ones, one two to two ones." His voice said he wasn't entirely interested in explaining the numbers but more into the peoples aspect of things, excitement picking up when he picked up the other subject. "My bad, man. Was under the impression you was the customer." He looked at the girl briefly. "You ain't one o' them call-girls? Eh, just as fine. So what's up?"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#112  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ranra: @ramjam: Cara frowned "Of course I'm not a call girl, don't you see the school outfit and initials CERB?" she pointed at them.

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: In response to her indignant remarks, Mickey flashed a coy smirk and nodded slowly, then he shrugged. "Yeah she's way too naive to be a whore. So then what's all this about?"

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#114  Edited By ranra

@ramjam: @cara_hunter: "That's...that's actually pretty clever." Rútur nodded, inputting the number on the device. "Guys!" he said, hearing their arguments. "Keep things civil, okay? We're still in open hours."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#115  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ramjam: @ranra: Cara rolled her eyes calming down "okay,okay,okay"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#116  Edited By RamJam

@ranra: @cara_hunter: "Hey, I said she was NOT a whore. You don't mind that do ya pretty lady? Mick. Mickey O'Riordan." He introduced himself with a mock-formal bow. "Delivery boy. Security."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#117  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ranra: @ramjam: Cara gave him a suspicious face but then softened her facial features

I feel offended but at the same time his charm and suaveness seems to make up for it, "well Mister Mickey O'Riordan my name is Stephanie I'm a student from a University that goes by the name of Cerb, would you mind helping us with these riddles?"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By RamJam

@cara_hunter: Mick looked plainly at the student, total blankness occupying his face. Again he shrugged. "Would I mind? Not entirely. Do I want to? Eeeehhhh.....If Rutur gives me money to pick up some materials I'll do it. I read couple riddle boxes in my time. I think. Them thoughts had to come from somewhere."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: @ramjam: "I'll pay" she raised a curious eye brow "what's the cost?"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: "Oh woah." He showed actual surprise, but pleasantly. "Well since you're so compliant I almost feel bad about it," he admitted. "Euaaahhh.....How much ya willin'?"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: Cara smirked "You gotta give me a number first"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: -- She looked sufficiently loaded. Did say she went to a private school. Could ask for more. But it sounded fair at the time. To me at least. --

"Well I dunno. I want stuff. Like swords and stuff I can do stuff with. Only thing is I don't know what that all costs. So....I vote wages. Thirty-five an hour, plus commission. I want twenty for every riddle-number-thingamajig."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: "So you want a hundred dollars an hour?"Cara spoke curiously

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: 'Woah! This one's more loaded than I thought!' He thought to himself. That she'd bump up confirmed it without so much as asking, even though the inexplicable bad feeling stayed in him. "I mean, if that works, sure."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: "I'm fine with that" she said honestly pulling the book bag towards her and opening one of the pouches, inside there were several wads of hundred dollar bills Cara had picked up a single wad and tossed it to Mickey "don't mind if I pay in advance?" that wad alone she passed to Mickey contained ten thousand dollars.

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By RamJam

@cara_hunter: Mick's eyes were practically sparkling dollar signs as he took the cash. Almost trance-like. "I'm sorry I stopped paying attention after 'I'm fine.' And yes you are! Heck, I'll bark like a dog and take ya to prom fer all that."

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: @cara_hunter: "Glad we discovered you'll do anything for money, although I don't want to know why you'd ever bark." Rútur said, holding the device up. "I have to ask, how do you have that much money to throw around? I barely see that much come out of the workshop, except for special orders."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: @ranra: Cara gave a smug look "My dads a VIP in a multi billion corporation, he also sends me to said companies private schools in which they teach us about the advance technology of the future"

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: "It's alright for some." Rútur rolled his eyes. "And yet they sent you to me to learn about this. I don't have any particularly advanced tech."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Cara_Hunter

@ramjam: @ranra: "Maybe professor cooper wanted you to know how this tech works?" she asked shrugging her shoulders

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: @cara_hunter: "Aye!" Mick shouted at the top of his lungs for attention. Then in a much quieter voice and with a smile he chimed in. "No one never told me what we're dealing with. I could maybe be handy, and the lady did pay." His intuition and ability to work wonders with his brain sometimes proved useful in deciphering technology, not that he would let on so much of it.

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By ranra

@cara_hunter: @ramjam: "Why he'd want me to know, I have no id...ah!" Rútur clapped his free hand over the ear closest to Mick's mouth. "Don't do that in here!" he protested, lowering his hand. "If I'm honest, I have no idea what we're dealing with either."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: "Yes, please." Rútur nodded. He took out his wallet and examined it. "We're probably going to be a while, so, who wants pizza?"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: "I would like some, but no pepperonis I'm a vegetarian but I just don't eat meat"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

(You guys waitin on me to order a pizza? That's so nice!)

By now Mickey was starting to lose interest, boredom setting in as his patience wound down in the face of waiting. He spoke irritably while twiddling his fingers idly. "I'd like to hop right to it. But it's whatever. I'm paid."

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: @ramjam: Rútur rolled his eyes. "Fine. I'll order." He disappeared into the back of the workshop and returned a few minutes later. "Okay. We're all ordered up."

"In the meantime, I think we should take this down to the other workshop."

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: @ranra: For reasons known to himself, Mick wasn't entirely on board with the idea of showing the girl, but it wasn't his shop to own. "You gonna take this random schoolchick into the hideout just cuz she's got a funny doohickey? Ah, don't know about that. But fine, it's your peace o' mind. An' if anythin' goes wrong, I'm countin' on a raise protectin' yer ass."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: @ramjam: "If she has this device, that puts her above "random schoolgirl" in my mind." Rútur said. "Besides, we're kind of out in the open here."

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: @cara_hunter: "'ey, I'm jus' sayin', you may need to work on your security criteria. She coulda stolen that or just found it. Or some weirdy gave it to her. She don't even know what to do with it. An' she could be a bad guy! But I'm jus' sayin'." Mick shrugged in a Neil deGrasse Tyson-like manner. "If that's what you wanna do, go for it."

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ramjam: @ranra: Cara smirked "You know if I did steal it I wouldn't be paying you a fair price"

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#143  Edited By Leon_Dissada

Leon walked out of the shadows and started looking around. The place was quite high tech.

ranra

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragman1138: @ramjam: @cara_hunter: "She's got a point." Rútur nodded. "Down to the workshop we go. But first, I'd like to just clean up in there. Mick, I think I can rely on you to keep our customer company until I'm ready." he dashed to the elevator and hit the switch, descending into the...already lit workshop? That wasn't right. The only time the lights were on was when someone was actively in the workshop. Indeed, someone was.

"Varnirvirkja!" Rútur commanded upon seeing the intruder. The Icelandic for "Defenses activate" brought several different kinds of autonomous guns down from the ceiling, all aiming at the guest. "The front door's upstairs, you know."

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cara_hunter: @ranra: "Both o' you guys needa lesson in logic and deceit! Least you do." Mick jeered, pointing Rútur in the face. Squinty eyes turned on the kiddy he made an I'm watching you motion. "I'm keepin' you company, but because you paid me. And cuz he signs my checks!"

Once Rútur was gone he leaned in close and whispered. "So what's up? What're we stealin'? I'll totally help you out if the pay's good. Pay's good right?" From the basement, though, his senses turned up, he heard the weapons being readied and deployed, and the voice of the boss, raising his hand out to shush whatever the girl might have said anyway, waiting for confirmation before possibly indulging in rescue procedure.

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: Leon calmly watched the guns pointed at him. "You can shoot all you want...It wont do you any good. People have emptied entire clips into my body and nothing happened." He looked around. "I'm just looking for a few minor upgrades that's al. I have money of course"

Cara_Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ragman1138: @ramjam: @ranra: "Uh what's going on?" Cara said waiting a few seconds after Mike shushed her before speaking, "and what was those weird sounds and who's talking to the owner back there?"

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#148  Edited By Leon_Dissada

@cara_hunter: Leon looks at the blonde haired hero. "Nothing to worry your pretty little head about"

RamJam

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: @cara_hunter: @ragman1138: (Man I thought we were in a completely separate room! He took the lift downstairs! And it's Mick, not Mike!)

"Shhh! Just wait and see." Mickey shushed the girl once again. "Looks like we got a customer. But he ain't come in the normal way he s'posed to. Just wanna see what happens fer now."

Leon_Dissada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ranra: @cara_hunter: @ramjam: "just looking for some new blade modals, poisons, stuff like that." He looked at the other 2 out of his porifrial vision encase they attacked