RPG Length Classifications

SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By SpaceCadet

Just wanted to put this out there as I thought it might be useful to accumulate a database of opinions, on whether or not to start using a symbol or numeral that signifies the expected commitment desired of people to the rpg

for instance as a example if i was to create a short Rpg = Attack of the giant Monsters rpg-s= Attack of the Giant Monsters OOC -s

S = short five posts maximum M = medium ten to fifteen posts maximum L = Long could last forever

And discuss

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By CainPanell

@SpaceCadet: Actually there is three types I've always heard of

• One Shots: Your average tuesday night, I'm-a-little-drunk-and-bored so let's fight!, or very brief RPGs. Often are intended not to last very long
  • Mini's: Ongoing RPs with a handful of posts, Often intended to last quite a while, The Majority of RPGs are this
  • Ongoing RPGs with no actually set ending, Like that Walking Dead RP Constantine made. They only die whenever everybody quits or gets bored
614azrael

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By 614azrael
WALKING DEAD!!!!.......wait thats not the topic >.> fight post 3 paragraphs n up others I say 4 or five minimum. Rest tho depends on content. Obviously an explore ro will have shorter posts then a war. Rp boss battles should be 2-3 posts to sell entensity of situation. 1 post to kill boss npc makes noc look lame
  @shadowknight666@SpaceCadet
Rumble Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#4  Edited By Rumble Man

Depends on severity or frequency of the situation

Severity - Dying or empowerment should be descriptive

Frequency - action/reaction battles can be fast

Meticulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#5  Edited By Meticulous

Action should be quick. People shouldn't be allowed to explain their entire battle, ahead of time. Just the actions they were able to commit that turn. Battles should be turn based. Story based RPG's should be as long, or as short as the writer deems worthy. As long as it is well written, and gets the point across, who cares?

SpaceCadet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By SpaceCadet

@Meticulous said:

Action should be quick. People shouldn't be allowed to explain their entire battle, ahead of time. Just the actions they were able to commit that turn. Battles should be turn based. Story based RPG's should be as long, or as short as the writer deems worthy. As long as it is well written, and gets the point across, who cares?

The people who go into an rpg expecting some fun expanding characters, only to have people drop out early.

_Hawk_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Hawk_

It's another unneeded item in the RPG world. Putting a cap or a Max on RPGs is just another way to stifle it.

Meticulous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By Meticulous

@_Hawk_:I agree.