RPG Idea improvement

Ruin Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#1  Edited By Ruin Cross

There a lots of people with some good basic rpg ideas, but are sometimes scared to post it up. Because they worry its not enough information. Here you can post your idea, and maybe there are some others who feel they can help you detail it a bit more.

man_of_forever

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#2  Edited By man_of_forever

The Vine Character's Parents come back as a group/ team and try to destroy the world...

Loosely based off Heroes...

Ruin Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#3  Edited By Ruin Cross

I think that could potentially be a good rpg. But lets see what others like the idea before putting more thought to it. And maybe there are soem ideas we can fuse.

Meteorite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Meteorite

An X-Men RPG, but instead of X-Men, they could be called CV-Men.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Surkit

Werewolf

The basic rules are as follows: a number of people from the group are randomly selected to be 'Werewolves'. The rest are 'Villagers'. The game is split into 2 parts, night and day. During the night, the werewolf/wolves can secretly select a single villager to 'eat'. During the day, the victim from the previous night is revealed and removed from the game. During the day, everyone, including the werewolves, discuss who they believe the werewolves to be, using some guesswork, as well as logic and reasoning. At the end of the day, everyone must vote who they suspect to be a werewolf to be lynched. This continues until one of the two following winning conditions is satisfied.

* The Werewolves are equal to the Villagers. (Werewolves win)

* The Villagers lynch all the Werewolves. (Villagers win)

All votes for either choosing a victim (Werewolves) or voting someone to lynch (everyone) are given to a moderator, who keeps everyone's identity secret.

Various roles have been integrated into the game, including, but not limited to:

* Seer - who can select a single person each night to discover their identity (Werewolf or Villager)

* Vigilante - A Villager who can choose any person to attack and kill during the day only once in a game.

* Psychic - Similar to the Seer, is given information on the Villagers each night. But in this case, he is only informed how many Werewolves remain. Useful if the lynched person is a wolf, but the players roles are not revealed with their death.

As mentioned, there are many variations in gameplay, with different roles, as well as rules such as revealing the dead person's role in the game or not, etc.

What is the Werewolf Game Bot?

The rules it follows are the following (based on the rules found here):

* Minumum players: 5

* Maximum players: 12

* Maximum wolves: 2 (2nd introduced at 8 players)

* Special roles: Seer

* Identities revealed on death.

* Lynched Villagers are permitted a single line of text as their 'dying breath'.

* If a player doesn't vote for two consecutive rounds, they are automatically executed.

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Vrakmul

Is it bad that seeing some of these people induce nostalgia in me? God I'm old.

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Surkit

@Vrakmul: nah, the opposite would be bad :P

Vrakmul

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Vrakmul

@Surkit said:

@Vrakmul: nah, the opposite would be bad :P

Being ancient by internet standards does have it's perks. :B

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Surkit

@Vrakmul: lol yeah, like being worshipped by strangers just because of your post count xP

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#10  Edited By CainPanell

@Surkit: Dude, I'D LOVE TO PLAY THAT!

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Surkit

@shadowknight666 said:

@Surkit: Dude, I'D LOVE TO PLAY THAT!

It's meant for quick chat apps like mIRC, IM, etc.

But I think I can make it work here. The problem with forums is, you have to go on the honor system that nobody is telling others who's what. But I plan on throwing it out there in the next week or so, depending on the want for it.

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By CainPanell

@Surkit: I Can handle the honor system.

Avatar image for deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1
deactivated-578ee3f81c5e1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

@shadowknight666: No doubt about you, you have to come back here again lol. It's most likely going to have a requirement of users having a 500 post count and up, just to avoid newbies joining, getting bored and craving attention, and ruining the game by shouting "I'm the wolf!" and just quitting. This happened alot in mIRC

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By CainPanell

@nonfiction91: There's a lot of really good users and writers under that limit, A Post limit is not how you judge if someone is a n00b or not

1146Abel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By 1146Abel

@shadowknight666 said:

@nonfiction91: There's a lot of really good users and writers under that limit, A Post limit is not how you judge if someone is a n00b or not

Agreed. There's also quite a few alts of users who happen to be accomplished writers. It's better to judge by a sample post if you absolutely must get an idea of how someone writes beforehand.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@1146Abel: @shadowknight666: it's not about writing. I want folks to have fun. If they can write coherently, it's good enough. I never said it was about ability, some folks need to read before typing

CainPanell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By CainPanell

@nonfiction91: Okay, But still, You should DEFINETLY Not let someone in if they don't have a certain amount of posts, That's just a bad idea.

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#18  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

@nonfiction91 said:

@shadowknight666: No doubt about you, you have to come back here again lol. It's most likely going to have a requirement of users having a 500 post count and up, just to avoid newbies joining, getting bored and craving attention, and ruining the game by shouting "I'm the wolf!" and just quitting. This happened alot in mIRC

500 is kinda excessive. :P

I know the vast majority of my accounts have under 100.

@shadowknight666 said:

@nonfiction91: Okay, But still, You should DEFINETLY Not let someone in if they don't have a certain amount of posts, That's just a bad idea.

See above.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Icarusflies: @shadowknight666: *shrugs* nothing is in stone, but the input helps make a choice so thanks. That's one off the list...

Like I said though, it's not about post count, it's about reliability and some level of maturity (not muchis required, but some :P) Post count is the most in your face option. If it's an alt obviously there would be exceptions, But it's not about writing, it's about the literal person; can I trust said person to stick around once s/he lost the thrill of finding something new to do on the internet? Bleh, whatever...it was a thought that took all of half a second to come up with and another half to post. :P just throwing some ideas around on screening without being too douchey about it

1146Abel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By 1146Abel

@nonfiction91 said:

@Icarusflies: @shadowknight666: *shrugs* nothing is in stone, but the input helps make a choice so thanks. That's one off the list...

Like I said though, it's not about post count, it's about reliability and some level of maturity (not muchis required, but some :P) Post count is the most in your face option. If it's an alt obviously there would be exceptions, But it's not about writing, it's about the literal person; can I trust said person to stick around once s/he lost the thrill of finding something new to do on the internet? Bleh, whatever...it was a thought that took all of half a second to come up with and another half to post. :P just throwing some ideas around on screening without being too douchey about it

Well, it's kind of hard to tell if someone is capable of doing that. Anyways, best of luck with it.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@1146Abel: I'm a hell of a judge of character plus my job kind of requires it. Thanks tho much appreciated

Tellumo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Tellumo

I kind of had an idea for a cosmic level RPG that is based around the discovery of an energy creating planet & an energy destroying planet along with a cult who wants to move them together to destroy the universe. If anyone could help or likes this a PM would be much obliged & anyone who wants to use it is welcome to ask.

Also I posted this on the Official RPG Ideas thread.