• 53 results
#1 Posted by Brazen_Intellect (1144 posts) - - Show Bio

Choose an existing character and give a critique as to what you find to be their finer and lesser points. For extra credit add a direction the character has not taken in that you would like to see explored.

#2 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

This really isn't all that different from the strengths and weaknesses thread.

#3 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice.

@.Ajax.: That one is the writers, this one is the characters.

#4 Posted by _Cain_ (23666 posts) - - Show Bio

OOOH! SOMEONE DO ME!

#5 Posted by .Ajax. (2486 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Nice.

@.Ajax.: That one is the writers, this one is the characters.

Oh okay, gotcha, misread that part! My fault and my apologies!

Somebody should do me as well!

#6 Posted by Kayle_Rez (495 posts) - - Show Bio

Az alts are mny feal free to pick any :P

#7 Posted by Hondo_ (409 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm open.

#8 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: I count that bump as you volunteering. 
So I'm gonna pick IcarusMach9. 
He has a great unique origin, as per usual for you, and I really do like the concepts behind the character. I really like the tech focus around the characters powerset because I do think you do science fiction tech really well and you keep it really fun. My only issue with the character is that you don't really play around with the duality of his personality as I thought you would, which is a shame because I know that's a concept you could have a lot of fun messing around with. 
#9 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite:

O_o

Wait, I don't play with his dual personality? I thought I did.

#10 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Hondo_: I find your character interesting, it's neat to an alien character who's both very in tune with humanity, and yet also doesn't get how it works at all. I haven't read a lot with your character outside of interactions though, so I'm not sure how he works as far as powers and such, but I can tell that you have interesting ideas so I'm sure it's neat.  
As far as weaknesses go, like I said I haven't read anything outside of his interactions which I think are great so I can't really recall anything I don't like. That said I hope you don't go too far into fan RPG character territory and keep the character from spreading out based on his environment. Then again that might be my natural bias against already set up characters. >.>
#11 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies said:

@Decoy Elite:

O_o

Wait, I don't play with his dual personality? I thought I did.

You do, but not as much as I thought you would. 
Although I haven't read any Mach9 stuff in forever so... >.>
#12 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite: That's probably why. I've done more of that with him...or at least, the stories I've put together for him OFF CV had a lot of that. :P

I sometimes can't remember wat I've written here and what I haven't.

#13 Posted by Decoy Elite (30041 posts) - - Show Bio
@Icarusflies: Well stop poking holes in my barely thought out critiques.  
I'm the only one who's actually added some to this thread. :P
#14 Posted by Surreal SaDiablo (1629 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

Bump

No bumpy. Bumpy bad. Be patient :D

#15 Posted by kuma_far (510 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm finishing my new character, check him out in my mini-bio

#16 Posted by Amaranth (8210 posts) - - Show Bio

Its a shame this never got going.

#17 Posted by Marcus_Korah (1293 posts) - - Show Bio
#18 Posted by Fukuro_Zoku (4694 posts) - - Show Bio
#19 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#20 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@nerx:

Well, You could probably tone the nastiness down by 1% or so, give it more implied gore etc..Good points is your the same throughout nearly all interactions so that's good as it helps build your character up? Something like that.

#21 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio
#22 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

Could somehow tell meh how Stark is, like the direction I am taking him, Is it...enjoyable to RP with him? Or whatever.

#24 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: The Ironman angle is great. The Doom angle I'm not sure about but the art is EPIC.

#25 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@eagle_of_the_east: Cool cool, Doom is only temporary as a disguise remember, as he is wanted by like - The world xD

#26 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: I would have liked to see you play the patriotic puppet angle just a lil longer, but you've always been exciting to rp with. I dont know about the Doom look, Iron Doom would be cooler and I think transition better but the concept of different looks for different and newer armor is beast.

#27 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: He's a man of a 1000 faces, and he better keep it that way

#28 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: I would have liked to see you play the patriotic puppet angle just a lil longer,

I agree with this, but for selfish reasons. That thing was keeping the site super active because we had two teams with opposing purposes. That said I understand why you moved on, 700 posts in four days is a crushing amount of activity for any one person to bear.

#29 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@eagle_of_the_east: Sons got almost two accounts in the Top Five posting spots, 700 posts in four days aint sh!t for him :P Seriously though I agree on both accounts.

#30 Edited by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@quintus_knightfall: His activity is frightening lol. Years down the road when we're all talking about our lists of all time greats Pyro's gonna be on mine for pure, unadulterated, supercharged energy. 700 posts is probably more than I post in an average month.

#31 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: You're the Iron Outlaw now son lol

@eagle_of_the_east:

hahahha "years" down the road if I'm still here I'm going to have to have my home health aid type my posts for me. AKA Mercy

#33 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#34 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

@eagle_of_the_east: You forget, Mark Five Stark needs to show Amaranth once and for all who is boss.

#36 Edited by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#37 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#38 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Edited by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

@anthony_stark: hahahah I'm jus f'n wit you. I dont plan. I'm like evolution, I adapt :D

#42 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio
#43 Posted by Armistice (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

I was also surprised this thread never took off, but in hindsight seeing how people react to critiques on the Vine, not really.

#44 Posted by Icarusflies (12490 posts) - - Show Bio

Hm...what about Premonition?

#45 Posted by Myrmidon_ (5080 posts) - - Show Bio

I was also surprised this thread never took off, but in hindsight seeing how people react to critiques on the Vine, not really.

Fact XD

Evil, Awesomely cunning with a hint of passion for his job. Only downside is he kills his own allies too often >_>

#46 Edited by Armistice (4088 posts) - - Show Bio

The characterization of a madman in a seat of power is pretty spot on, I like the sinister inner thoughts as a release valve to the false face he puts on for the public. Makes you wonder if/when he will finally lose it American Psycho style as he is unable to pretend to be a sane and moral person.

The powerset is a little too easy to abuse IMO, but considering you did not want everyone and their grandmother to just walk in and assassinate you I can understand it for this role in particular.

The weakness is in the politics itself, the reactions to controversy at the scale of Venezuela and the surrounding activities lacks the same detail as the characterization. I cannot see this character shrugging off the things being said and done without you losing me.

#47 Edited by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

Any critiques on 'Scissors' and 'Hero Maker' ?

#48 Edited by Arquitenens (3845 posts) - - Show Bio

I am going to, sometime. When I've done more.

#49 Posted by Yuri_Omega (107 posts) - - Show Bio

I have too many characters for any of you to review!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAA!

#50 Posted by Nerx (15088 posts) - - Show Bio

@yuri_omega: John's teeth deserve his own page, for the sake of noble brightness