Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Eleanor_Ruthven

Romatech Industries

Ivy shot the camera a wry look, then turned back to Abby. "How did you reach that conclusion? Did he turn into a bat and fly around the bedroom?"

Abby's eager expression faded into disappointment. "You think I'm joking."

"Did you expect me to take this seriously?" Ivy asked.

Hector motioned to the stack of papers on the table. "But we showed you the lab work. And the data..."

"Which can be manipulated," Ivy interrupted. "Or in this case, manufactured." She glowered at the camera. "The game is over. I'm not playing." She headed toward the door, but halfway there it opened.

Dr. Ruthven rushed inside. "Is there a problem?"

"Yes," Ivy replied in the affirmative, at the same time as Hector and Abby. She aimed a frown at them. "They're playing a dumb joke on me."

"It's not a joke," Abby insisted. "Vampires are real."

Ivy snorted. "Why would you believe that? Did your husband bite you?"

"Well, yes, he has. And he can..."

"What? Leap from one tree to another like a monkey?" Ivy lifted a hand to stop Abby. The poor woman suffering from delusions. "You should lie down and get some rest. Given your condition, you could be experiencing some hormonal fluctuations."

"I'm not imagining this," Abby grumbled.

"Or its a case of being overworked," Ivy continued. "I know how it is. When I get really involved in a project, I can forget to eat or sleep. Just this last week, I was so busy, I can hardly remember it."

Dr. Ruthven winced. "Perhaps a demonstration is in order."

"Good idea." Abby turned to Hector. "How about you levitate to the ceiling?"

Hector frowned, tugging hard at a button. "If you wish, but it might cause her to panic."

"Go ahead," Dr. Ruthven told him. "She needs physical evidence."

Ivy scoffed. "So the chemist is a vampire, too?"

Hector's button popped off and landed on the stainless steel table with a ping. He gave her an apologetic look. "It's not really a bad thing. Just think of it as an unusual medical condition."

Ivy shook her head. These people were certifiable. "You're a vampire?"

"Yes," Hector admitted but hastened to add, "but a very friendly one, I assure you."

"Well, that is, comforting," Ivy muttered. A friendly bloodsucker. That made as much sense as a friendly serial killer. She glanced at Abby. "And you? Are you Casper, the friendly ghost?"

Abby gave her a sympathetic look. "I'm mortal like you. I know you must be shocked. I was shocked, too, when I found out. I even fainted."

"I don't faint." Ivy waved a dismissive hand. "And I'm not shocked. I'm saddened that you've deluded yourselves into believing such a ridiculous" She halted when Hector's body floated up to the ceiling. Okay, that wasn't normal. It had to be wires. A spark of anger flared inside her. These people were really taking this joke too far. "That's enough! I don't believe anyone here is a vampire!"

"But I am." Hector winced as his head bumped into the ceiling.

"Me, too," Dr. Ruthven added.

Ivy spun to face her. Her boss was a vampire? "I am as well." Another man sauntered into the lab. He was tall dark and handsome. And undead? Ivy stared at him. "Who are you?"

He bowed his head. "Roman Staganesti, at your service. I'm delighted to meet you, Dr. Thompson." This was the scientific genius who had invented synthetic blood? Ivy swallowed hard. He was either crazy as the other guys in the room, or they were actually... Vampires.

Her skin chilled with instant goose bumps. No, this isn't possible. There had to be reasonable, scientific explanation for this. Why bother to explain it? Just get the hell out of here!

She stepped toward the door, but Dr. Ruthven and Mr. Staganesti were blocking the exit. A quick look around confirmed it was the only way out.

"Her heart is racing," Mr. Staganesti murmured. She turned towards him, her eyes narrowed.

"Superior hearing," he explained.

"Why should I believe you? Given the situation, anyone could guess that my heart rate would be elevated." A thudding sound startled her, and she whirled about to find that Hector had landed on the tile floor.

She rushed towards him, and standing on her tiptoes, she swept her hand through the air over his head. No wires. "How did you do it? Are you wearing special shoes that will lift you in the air? Or maybe its magnets?"

"It's levitation." Hector regarded her sadly. "Do you need me to do it again?"

"No." She grabbed his wrist and pressed her fingers against his vein. "You see?" She dropped his arm. "You have a pulse. Your alive. So stop this crap now!"

"Ivy, calm down." Dr. Ruthven moved toward her. "I will not!" She stepped back. "And I'm not working for you anymore. This is a cruel joke, and I won't put up with it!"

"Ivy, for God's sake." Dr. Ruthven gave her a beseeching look. "We're not trying to be cruel. Just honest."

"No!" She shook her head. "I won't listen! Vampires are not real. You're lying to me! You're lying"

"Dammit, don't make me erase your memory again!" Dr. Ruthven winced and lifted her hands. "I didn't mean it like that. We would never hurt you. You have to believe us." A chill swept over Ivy, and she shivered. "You... what did you do?"

Dr. Ruthven dragged a hand through her hair. "This is so damned frustrating. I tried to tell you the truth a few days ago, but you didn't take it well."

"You... You, erased my memory?"

"You were having a panic attack. It seemed like the best way to calm you down."

Ivy struggled to breathe. Oh God, was that why the past few days were a blur? Dr. Eleanor Ruthven had tampered with her mind?

Avatar image for eleanor_ruthven
Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Everyone: I've been trying to keep these shorter than the first ones, so that they are easier for the reader to digest. Are these a good length, or could I get away with making them a bit longer?

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@eleanor_ruthven: If you feel like you need to make them longer, then go for it.

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_hunter: I am trying to learn how long to make my posts around here. I'm not sure if my posts are too long, or too short. Or just right. I am afraid I will scare people away, if I'm not careful. It's easy for me to get carried away. :)

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm listening to The Clash and working on Part Five. I'm also looking forward to watching the Salem season two premier tonight.

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@the_hunter: I am trying to learn how long to make my posts around here. I'm not sure if my posts are too long, or too short. Or just right. I am afraid I will scare people away, if I'm not careful. It's easy for me to get carried away. :)

Understandable.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eleanor_ruthven: I prefer this kind of length. But that is only me personally. Can't speak for everyone else.

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@eleanor_ruthven: I prefer this kind of length. But that is only me personally. Can't speak for everyone else.

Cool, thanks for the feedback. Post five is up. Six might be a little longer, it will be the last for these "Romatech Industries," Blog posts. The story will continue, but under a new title.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

This is a great story.

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points