Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By Eleanor_Ruthven

Romatech Industries

"My dear child," Roman said softly. "Perhaps you should sit down?"

"You look very pale," Abby added.

"I don't faint." Ivy stumbled toward the far wall, where a counter-top and sink were located. She didn't know whether to be angry, or scared to death. Her mind had been tampered with? Dr. Ruthven had that kind of power?

She glanced at herself in the mirror over the sink and grimaced at her pale, stricken look. Darn them all. She would not allow anyone to alter her memory. She would remember this, this time.

However that means she has to accept a new reality, one occupied with vampires. With trembling fingers, she turned on the cold tap.

"Let me help," Abby joined her at the sink and pulled some paper towels from the nearby dispenser.

Ivy pulled away a few inches.

"Ivy, please," Abby whispered. "I'm mortal. And a scientist like you. I had trouble accepting it, too." She folded the towels into a pad and moistened it under the cold running water. "Here press this against the back of your neck."

Ivy accepted the damp pad and looked in the mirror over the sink. She and Abby were reflected there, and the stainless table in the background. No Hector.

She glanced back, and with a gasp, she dropped the damp pad to the floor. Roman Staganesti was standing right behind her. "What? How did you?" She turned back to the mirror. He wasn't there.

"Do you believe us now?" his voice spoke softly behind her.

The room swirled, and she gripped the edge of the counter. Vampires are real? It wasn't scientifically possible. She squeezed her eyes shut. Had her world just turned upside down? Had she stubled into an alternate reality? Was she hallucinating?

"Take deep breaths," Abby whispered. "You'll be okay."

Ivy shook her head. No, it would never be okay. Her safe and scientific world had crumbled around her. What was left to rely on? How could she even trust her instincts, when they were telling her she'd lost her mind?

A cold sweat broke out on her skin. She cupped her hands in the cold running water, and her eyes burned at the sight of her shaky hands. Was this really happening to her?

She splashed water on her face, then straightened to watch the rivulets running down her face in the mirror. It was real. Was the vampire still behind her? She cupped more water in her hands and tossed it over her shoulder.

A wincing sound. She turned and found Mr. Staganesti standing behind her, wiping droplets of water off his shirt and tie.

He gave her a wry look. "My wife didn't take the news well either."

"Your wife," Ivy scoffed. "Apparently she got over it."

He nodded. "Roxy is looking forward to meeting you. Our children are at the party, too. Sofie is four, and Constantine is seven."

"Already?" Dr. Ruthven strolled toward them, smiling. "It seems like only yesterday I delivered them."

"I know." Roman grinned. "They grow so fast."

Ivy grimaced at the pointed teeth on display. Did they have fangs that shot out like the ones in the movies? How many carotid arteries had they ravished with those?

When Roman noticed the apparent horror on Ivy's face, his smile faded. "Dr. Thompson, there is no need to fear us. I invented synthetic blood in order to free us from the need to use mortals for our survival."

So Romatech Industries was their equivalent to a grocery store. Ivy moved to the side beyond their reach. "Before synthetic blood, you fed off people?" Mr. Staganesti nodded. "Unfortunately, yes. We would take what we needed, then erase the mortal's memory."

"I never liked hurting people," Hector grumbled as he stuffed the loose button in his pocket. "It was a blessing to us when we could rely on synthetic blood."

"We try not to hurt mortals, but there are still some," a look of disgust was on Eleanor's face. "bad vampires, who do," Dr. Ruthven warned Ivy. "We call them Monsters. They enjoy tormenting and killing mortals."

"We've been fighting them for centuries," Roman added.

"These are the good guys." Abby motioned to the vampires. "I would never have fallen in love with Gregori if he hadn't been one of the good guys."

That's retarded, Ivy silently thinks to herself. How could a vampire be good? Their vary nature was parasitic. Ivy crossed her arms. "How old are you?"

"I'm a little over a hundred." Dr. Ruthven gave Roman an amused look. "You're the elder here."

He shrugged. "I was born in 1461, transformed in 1492."

"You knew Columbus?" Ivy winced. She was frazzled. Now she was asking stupid questions. Still, Roman smiled. "My son asked me that, too. Would you like to go to the party now? You might feel better if you have something to eat."

"You have food there," Ivy asked.

"There's a bunch of food," Dr. Ruthven answered. "And a giant birthday cake. Five layers, each one a different flavor. According to Anthony, the chocolate one is the best."

Roman snorted. "And, I am sure Anthony, tasted each and every layer."

"Of course." Dr. Ruthven grinned. "When I saw him, he had a smear of chocolate icing on his nose"

Avatar image for eleanor_ruthven
Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Salem, was awesome!

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Maverick_6

@eleanor_ruthven:

A pretty heartwarming ending. With all the crazy stuff in our universe though, I'd expect that Ivy maybe overreacted. Though still, I liked how she developed through this particular arc eventually.

This a background for anything pertaining to your character? I recall her being mentioned.

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Eleanor_Ruthven
Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

That was a good ending to the story.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Eleanor_Ruthven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That was a good ending to the story.

The final part is up. Romatech Industries - Part Six. Not sure what the next installments will be called yet. I am going to skip ahead a little.