Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

The helicopter careened hopelessly through the air, striking the sky scraper's rooftop, Grimm City barely flinching at the ensuing explosion that sent shards of steel into the sky, noxious smoke billowing from the unrecognisable remains of the once airborne vehicle.

Two orange boots kissed the opposite side of the same building's head, a pair of slipstream navy blue glider wings compressing themselves back into the compartment they'd originated from within the centre of the Mercenary's spine, courtesy of his innovative costume, fitted with an assortment of gear and trinkets, each befitted with an individual purpose.

The menacing frame of the Shinigami strode forward calmly, each footstep clacking off of the cement with an eerily metallic sound, the battered rooftop barely trembling slightly from the sudden impact that the 'copter had dealt it, cracks and fissures littering it's texture. The Mercenary came to a poised stop just a few feet away from the charred remains of the flying machination, folding his arms across his chest coolly and waiting.

After a few seconds of terse silence only disturbed by the crackling of flames, something within the depths of the fire shifted, and like a bat straight out of hell, a figure leaped at the composed Killer Supreme, spearing the hallowed soldier-of-fortune with such force that the floor beneath his feet quivered. Both beings flew backwards, rolling across the gravel, arms moving like pistons, both individual's fighting to attain physical control of the situation. A series of grappling techniques so sophisticated only few minds in the world could grasp the complexity of it's flow were made with effortless profession, the Mercenary counter-attacking each movement with a veteran's skill, slowly but steadily gaining the upper ground.

His assailant's palm struck him across the jaw, snapping his neck instantaneously. He coughed once, then continued to fight, using an ancient martial art that involved cutting off all of ones senses and experience close quarters combat. He'd mastered it in a few days. This situation was still in his favour, as the only one of his senses that had been lost from him was his sight, the awkward angle of his neck leaving him to stare at the cement. His movements grew faster, repelling each of his opponent's assault's with increasingly brutal force, finally dealing a deft snake-styled peck at his eyes using nothing but two of his fingers. He tore the man's eyeballs out then brought his other arm up to smash him precisely in the temple, reducing the right side of his face to fleshy pulp. The Mercenary launched both knees upwards and his enemy was thrown off of his fallen figure like a rag doll. Wasting absolutely no time, the Lord of Life did a no hands kip, grabbing the base of his jaw and jerking it in the opposite direction, aligning his vertebrae to it's correct setting. He barely flinched, locking the pain away in the crevices of his consciousness, instead paving a path to let his healing factor jump straight to work and fix any hint of injury.

"Heh, got me there while I was trying to look cool. A low blow."

The Mercenary walked forwards slowly, each step laced with killing intent. He stood over the collapsed figure of his sightless opponent and flicked his eyeballs back at him, the blood dripping from his gloved fingers. The notoriously unstable gun-for-hire knelt down calmly beside the crimson leather clad man, resting on his haunches, chuckling quietly to himself.

"I'm really sorry about foiling your efforts at tearing me apart with an array of missiles and bullets, but I've got commitments that I can't go back on just yet. This was fun, though. I really wish you could go back and tell my father just how nicely our play date went down."

Each word tinged with both sarcasm and malice, the Mercenary cackled wildly at his humourless jokes, clutching his stomach as if hurt. Then suddenly he stopped laughing and stood up, turning around and striding away coldly, a fluorescent ball of stainless steel held firmly in one of his blood stained gloves. He paused at the ledge of the sky scraper, tilting his head towards the fallen man momentarily to utter a few syllables.

"I've assembled a team. A group of badass motherfuckers, each gifted a sense of morality as stellar as my own."

He dropped the sphere and it rolled back across the rooftop, coming to a teetering stop in the centre of the battered platform.

"We go by D.E.A.T.H."

Then the ball exploded and the Mercenary was gone, leaving the top of the structure in an assortment of colourful shades, ranging between yellow, orange, and of course, always,

red.

#1 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio

LIKE A BOSS.

#2 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

AND DONT LET IT DIE AGAIN!

#3 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

Awwwwwwww Yeah!

#4 Posted by EdwardWindsor (14428 posts) - - Show Bio

Very nice

#5 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Puzzler said:

AND DONT LET IT DIE AGAIN!

XD That might've been my fault partially lol.

But thankfully this team will be small, Only going to take two or three more members, AND It's not a first come first serve thing XD

#6 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: Yeeeeuuuh boiiii.

@The_Puzzler: Cain's fault! The slimey bastard >_>

@EdwardWindsor: Thanks mahne.

@shadowknight666 said:

But thankfully this team will be small, Only going to take two or three more members, AND It's not a first come first serve thing XD

*It is Law gif*

#7 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Mercenary said:

@_Punk_: Yeeeeuuuh boiiii.

@The_Puzzler: Cain's fault! The slimey bastard >_>

@EdwardWindsor: Thanks mahne.

@shadowknight666 said:

*It is Law gif*

Lol, So just to recap, The Roster is Cain, Merc, Mattersuit, Thorn and Wrecker so far right?

#8 Posted by _Psy_ (3388 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Mercenary
@shadowknight666
I didn't know about this. I could get in with Harvest? Been wanting to use him.
#9 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: From what I understand we'll see, It's not a no but it isn't a yes either XD.

We'll get back to you, Just waiting to see who rolls in to the team

#10 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@_Punk_: Should probably have mentioned it bro, sorry! I practically forgot the entire first line-up, lmfao. This was done kinda covert though.

@shadowknight666: I'll have to see if Mattersuit's still interested.

#11 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

Warning you two, this team die again I will gut you both. A team of f*cked up mercs screams badass.

#12 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil said:

Warning you two, this team die again I will gut you both. A team of f*cked up mercs screams badass.

Bring it.

#13 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

Who said anything about you? You're not worth the time I'll just lock you in an oven again. :P

#14 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil: I'm on the team. You threaten this team, you threaten me. Also, if you think you did so under your own power, you're very much mistaken. I will end you.

#15 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil:

#16 Posted by Kiddevil (7488 posts) - - Show Bio

You over react bro I was only telling the mercenary and the irish merc I want to read these stories and make this reincarnation of D.E.A.T.H last.

#17 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil: It'll last buddy ;)

#18 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@kiddevil said:

You over react bro I was only telling the mercenary and the irish merc I want to read these stories and make this reincarnation of D.E.A.T.H last.

I'll make it last....OR DIE TRYING! XD

Like a much more badass version of the secret six, Villains for hire lol

#19 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio

Famous last fcking words.

#20 Posted by The_Imp (183 posts) - - Show Bio

Looking pretty and killing people? Sounds cool lol.

#21 Posted by Amanda_Blake (179 posts) - - Show Bio

BAD-@$$!!!

#22 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by Amanda_Blake (179 posts) - - Show Bio
#24 Edited by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio
#25 Posted by Amanda_Blake (179 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mercenary: If it gets the true neutral bad@ss's stamp of approvalit has to be bad@$$.

#26 Posted by Connoisseur (6579 posts) - - Show Bio
#27 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_mercenary said:

Famous last fcking words.

Where have you been?!
I wanted this to be for real!
THIS IS WHY WE CAN'T HAVE NICE THINGS!

#28 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

...Reboot? Anybody?

#29 Posted by The_Mercenary (1895 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by Mattersuit (4280 posts) - - Show Bio