• 77 results
#1 Posted by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

Almost the new year, in the real world and in the CV universe. So, what about those promises you intend on starting 2014? For your character or hell for yourself if you wanna express it.

#2 Edited by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

Work on me writing skillz. :P
Mistro doesn't quite understand resolutions he sees them as like goals. Mistro's resolution is to build a spaceship and become an intergalactic space mouse. (>'u'<)

#3 Posted by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio

Proof read my posts before letting them go public :)

#4 Edited by _Tails_ (933 posts) - - Show Bio

My New Years resolution is to have Seth be part of a successful young heroes team.

#5 Posted by General_Arch_Dornan (44 posts) - - Show Bio

I resolve to be 90% of the Vine's user accounts by 2015.

Not RPG accounts.

But total user accounts.

Across the entire site.

#6 Posted by Cadmus_Knightfall (807 posts) - - Show Bio

@new_age_outlaw: I think we both agreed to do this a week or so ago haha :P

#7 Edited by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

To be Spiller for five whole months and more if I can, no bloody joke. I'll save y'all the trouble.

http://myscriptx.com/dl/2576/caged.gif

#8 Edited by Owen_Porter (83295 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Posted by _Cain_ (23373 posts) - - Show Bio

IRL It's begin my career as a writer.

IC Cain's Resolution is to stop making resolutions.

#10 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_puzzler: To be honest I don't think Spiller should be your new main. In my opinion you write other characters way better. But whatever you enjoy, people say I should use Stark too, but he's not the funnest lol

#11 Posted by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I know for a fact I write Spiller better than most actually, I mean I would know :P He isn't a one bit act stuck to one theme blah blah blah.

#12 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_puzzler: That's not true at all. Everybody says I write Stark the best and I thought my writing sucks with Stark, your own perception is not always accurate. For real.

#13 Posted by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: Well, I do what I think works. Simple as that :P

#14 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_puzzler: And that's my reasoning for not using Stark, so it's good reasoning XD

#15 Posted by AmazingAngel (3844 posts) - - Show Bio

RP a whole bunch more, get better at writing/drawing/everything else and start to pursue ma career. :)

Little optimistic.

#16 Posted by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio
#17 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_puzzler: His telepathy gets annoying once in a while, but his personality is quite fun, so it makes up for it :P

Bit I've never liked telepathy, so it's nothing personal lol

#18 Posted by The_Puzzler (6212 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogram: I'm really downplaying his TP this time, trust me. I'm going to use it when it's permitted, and in ways that don't really step on the rules. Alot more TK and construct focus.

#19 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@the_puzzler: That's quite cool. TK is a fun power, probably my fave.

#20 Edited by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

Last year I experimented with a very rhythmic, alteration heavy, kening style with Kratesis then moved toward a very pure, scene heavy genre style. I improved my action verbiage, reduced my use of adverbs, tried to focus on clarity over style, improved the consistency of my tenses, chose past tense, really, really honed my ability to pace, and dramatically improved my short, hard hitting sentence.

This year I want to finish working the bugs out of my past tense style, hone my character voices, add and improve internal monologue, and improve my dialog.

#21 Edited by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

improve my dialog.

This is my biggest to-do (aside from just making myself write). I'm always striving to find a way to write natural and flowing dialog.

#22 Posted by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Your dialog is already pretty solid, I look forward to seeing what you can do with a year!

#23 Edited by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_22: Awwww thanks! I've been combing through some writing advice/reference tumblrs picking up pointers and exercises that I'm going to start in on soon.

#24 Edited by ShadowSwordmaster (8150 posts) - - Show Bio

To write more and improve on my writing.

#25 Posted by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Ah nice. Always improving :-)

#26 Edited by Mercy_ (92097 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_22: Last thing that I wanna do is stagnate.

My big resolution is to finally get started on my book, too.

#27 Posted by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@mercy_: Truth. That's frustrating.

Ah yeah! Sounds exciting.

#28 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

Last year I experimented with a very rhythmic, alteration heavy, kening style with Kratesis then moved toward a very pure, scene heavy genre style. I improved my action verbiage, reduced my use of adverbs, tried to focus on clarity over style, improved the consistency of my tenses, chose past tense, really, really honed my ability to pace, and dramatically improved my short, hard hitting sentence.

This year I want to finish working the bugs out of my past tense style, hone my character voices, add and improve internal monologue, and improve my dialog.

I'm just gonna resolve to try to be more awesome like LL.

#29 Posted by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: What's funny is I'm trying to hone the basic elements of my writing 'till they are on par with you and Frenemy.

#30 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

@strigidae_22: ljdwe;brED/A,LWSHRdawnk€/hFIAL/JD,WAQBG/dlawjebsdukaj STAAAHHHHP! I'm the one getting up to par! I need guided improvements.

Please, what are the basic elements?

#31 Posted by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe I just thought you should see this.
(:

#32 Posted by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: That I'm talking about? You both write very clear scenes and exposition, I've never seen a mistake in your tenses, you both have good internal dialog, solid dialog and really, really amazing character voices.

#33 Edited by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

@mastermouse:

@strigidae_22: Well, thank you. Not sure exactly how I go about it (procedural knowledge is generally tougher to monitor than declarative), but I know what those are, I think (aside from the tenses; I'm consciously careful about those, sometimes). I thought you left those out on purpose, and that I should've been taking after you. And I still should, in many ways.

#34 Edited by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio
#36 Edited by Amaranth (8052 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: Kinda. I try to only include one or two things that I know I'm not very good at so I can focus on improving those things without my attention being spread over a dozen different areas. Plus it means people only see the good side of my writing.

#37 Posted by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe:You think I photoshopped these or something don't you?
I would love to be able to say I did, but I literally couldn't for my life.
Nah,the site updated so I could be right... (:
[Don't hurt me,I'm a peaceful mouse]

#38 Posted by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio
#40 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio
#41 Posted by Atrocity_ (1587 posts) - - Show Bio

Stop making a new character all the time and cure my fcking Puzzler syndrome. Improve my writing so I can say I write decently. Eat less. Stop being a lazy ass and go to the gym =P

#42 Edited by MasterMouse (3125 posts) - - Show Bio

@pyrogramSee,but the thing is,I have no idea what you just said. :P

#43 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@mastermouse:

I mean it takes less than 10-15 seconds to fake a screen shot lol

#44 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio

I have no idea.

#45 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe:

If you use Google chrome you can change what people say with something called "Inspect elements" and it's a flawless copy too, you literally re-write things.

#46 Posted by Schlampe (2288 posts) - - Show Bio
#47 Edited by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@schlampe: But it only rewrites it on your computer. Nobody else can see what you change so it's not a hacking tool or anything, it's a learning device for coders who want to see the "stuff" behind a site. Firefox, and Internet Explorer have the same facilities, I just have literally no idea what they are called or how to use it.

#48 Edited by Arty (10 posts) - - Show Bio

If Gambler sees this we're all gonna be screwed.

#49 Posted by Pyrogram (32271 posts) - - Show Bio

@arty: Gambler has mentioned Inspect Elements before in a post, no idea if he knows how to use it though, lol

#50 Posted by Surkit (10950 posts) - - Show Bio