#51 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eagle_of_the_East: "Of course, I must be underestimating your genius", he smirked, he enjoyed her boastful demeanor, as he acknowledged once before, it was a refreshing sight. However, as he braced himself for her attack, he was admittedly, taken by surprise. While lacking the necessary control, Asteria's speed and power were unrestrained. Quickly, the Amazonian smashes against him, knocking him off his feet as his back touches the ground. With sustained bruises, Ishin finds himself fortunate that he had conjured his Lightning Yoso Armor. A slight chuckle escaped him as he stood to his full height. "Fast but your control is lacking. Try again".

#52 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Her completely uncontrolled and reckless blow comes at the cost of her foot work, and sends her flipping through the air at the sheer torque generated. Thrown into the ground again, with another loud THUMP.

Pushing herself to her knees, shaking her head. This was harder than she had thought it would be.

Once more she climbs to her feet. Careful of her enhanced speed and power, but her magnificent mind learns fast, adjusting and adapting on the fly.

Grinning at him as she approaches again. "Oh, a glutton for punishment huh?!" Teasing before she throws a much more controlled, but still unbelievably swift series of blows toward his chest. Throwing herself into the ground twice in a row is enough to bring her ego into check, and force her to slow down and concentrate on learning.

#53 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Upon crossing the threshold, finally inside the revered and ancient monastery, Katashi takes in the shear sight of the magnificent compound. Coming face to face with the Elder he immediately bows once again, not wishing to disrespect the monk.

#54 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eagle_of_the_East: Soon as anticipated, Asteria's learning capabilities enable her to execute an effective series of standing strikes towards Ishin's chest. Falling victim to the initial trinity of strikes, forced to nearly stumble on his feet as a result of the sheer power and speed of her blows, Ishin's lightning-armor coupled with his invaluable experience enabled him to parry the remaining strikes, countering with a stabbing chop followed by a flurry of equally fast jabs, intending merely to test how controlled Asteria's reflexes have become. "Well done Asteria-san. Let's continue, show me more of your genius", he continually teased and taunted, hoping to goad her into improvement.

@Katashi_Nagano: Returning the respectful bow, Elder Zaraki calmly motions for the unnamed visitor to follow his steps, a brief tour of the monastery while he discovers the man's intentions for the visit. "I am Elder Zaraki. Why have you come here?", he asks, his weathered voice acting as a testament to his ancient form. "The journey to Reisho is perilous. Surely you have come for something".

#55 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Following the Elder through the grounds, Katashi responds. "To learn. The ways of the Keijijo of great interest to me."

#56 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Not use to the enhanced power of her strikes the impact against Ishin's chest actually knocks her off her balance. Staggering backwards as Ishin's rapid series of jabs blur forward, she reacts intuitively by swinging her bracers up to intercept the jabs in her characteristic technique. However she actually out races the first jab, unused to her new found speed, her block passes his jab and the jab knocks her even further off balance. Recovering somewhat, and managing to intercept a couple of the jabs, however the majority of them bypassed her off-balance defense and sent her staggering backwards. Bruised, but enjoying herself greatly.

"Yeah? Lets try this!" Laughing, and summoning up a bolt of lightning. Having spent the entire night in rest and meditation her control over her lightning yoso was significantly improved, and she hurled the bolt at him with a grin.

Leaping into the sparking wake of the bolt, exploding through the air with a knee strike of godlike speed and power. Having realized that a move which depended upon a full unleashing of ones physical power would be far easier for her to perform than the controlled discipline of punches, she throws her full strength and speed into the blow.

#57 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: "What we do interests a multitude of people. We do not teach what we know to everyone that we meet", Zaraki informed, indeed, had everyone that has been in Reisho learned the ways of the fabled clan, mankind would potentially be in possession of great power. "What is it that you'd like to know?", he asks, "And your name?".

@Eagle_of_the_East: Unused to her speed, Asteria seemed to possess difficulty in accurately protecting herself against Ishin's series of rapid standing strikes. She however, countered with an unexpected attack, a surging lightning bolt. Unanticipated, it first struck the enigmatic Impero. Fortunately, the Lightning Yoso Armor had absorbed much of the bolt, a small portion dealing him a certain amount of electrical damage. But it was a mere setup it seemed as a pulverizing knee strike knocked him off his feet, sending him on his back. Protected by his elementally-enhanced durability as well as the Impero Mask, Ishin calmly rubbed his damaged jaw while returning to his feet, "Clever girl. You're improving", he smiled, "Attack again".

#58 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "I was always this good! I've just been holding back." Winks, and this time attacks more slowly, attempting to develop her control further. Walking to him, and instead of throwing a long blitz of punches she begins working through her entire arsenal of strikes. Moving slowly at first, but with increasing speed as she concentrates upon developing her control.

#59 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "Anything the clan is willing to teach me. My name is Katashi, Katashi Nagano."

#60 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eagle_of_the_East: "Heh, of course. I never doubted you", he retorts jokingly, bracing his defensive stance for her attacks. This time however, Asteria's offensive maneuvers were slower but imbued with more control. The enigmatic Impero managed with his highly elevated speed to parry and dodge, countering with a steady yet fast palm strike, aiming for her chest with the intention of knocking her off balance for the following head-targeting sidekick. Non-lethal attacks, all to test Asteria's Gaibu Dengen-enhanced reflexes.

#61 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: "Katashi-san, your desire to learn what we have to offer, it is one shared by many", he paused, "Your intentions with what potential knowledge we may share, what are they? And if I may ask, how did you learn of us?", Zaraki asked with genuine curiosity before revealing, "I cannot teach you anything without the Impero's permission. Perhaps I should introduce you to him".

#62 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: The palm strike impacts, and knocks her off her balance, but her reflexes and control are sufficiente to bring a bracer up and deflect the sidekick. Grinning, using her enhanced speed to recover her footwork more quickly, rather than another flurry of uncontrolled motion. Her reflexes are exceptionally fast, for they have always been her most enhanced attribute.

"Well good, I was worried I might have lured you into believing I was struggling with this or something." Chuckling as she returns to drilling her basic techniques again.

She settles back into repeating her previous motions, once more working through her collection of martial art strikes. Disciplined, she focuses on increasing her speed and power without losing her balance or control.

#63 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "I encountered one of your own in Madripoor, Miya is here name." He knew he would need to go into any further detail. "I would be honored to meet the Impero."

#64 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eagle_of_the_East: "I would never come to that conclusion Asteria-san", he smirked. Their training resumed up until such time that the Amazonian fighting genius had become fully accustomed to the rigorous high-speed combat of the forbidden Gaibu Dengen fighting technique and martial art. Upon the formal conclusion of their training, Ishin spoke to his boisterous pupil, "The conclusion of your training my dear, you are now skilled in the Keijijo's most powerful fighting art. Do not abuse it, it will physically destroy you if misused. You are now free to leave, it was a pleasure training a genius. You are always welcome here". Bowing before her in respect.

@Katashi_Nagano: "Ah, Miya. Very well then. Follow me", the ancient Elder led the political knowledge-seeker to the Impero's secluded quarters. Before them stood meticulously decorated doors of grand size. "The Impero is inside. He does not mind visitors", he stated, motioning for Katashi to enter the Grandmaster's ceremonial quarters.

#65 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Bidding farewell to the Elder with a second bow, Katashi pushes open the ornately carved doors, entering the Impero's secluded chamber.

#66 Posted by Eagle_of_the_East (867 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: For once she actually returns the bow with equal respect. "It was a pleasure to learn." Seriousness replacing her customary boisterousness. "These skills will serve me, and the mutant race well. You have the gratitude of the Court."

After gathering her things, and right before exiting the monastery and returning to her duties she turns and shouts behind her. "But next time I won't take it so easy on you!" Her good humored chortle echos through the mountains as she begins the long climb back down.

#67 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Eagle_of_the_East: "I was under the impression that you simply had a sweet spot for me", he teased prior to her inevitable departure.

@Katashi_Nagano: Sitting on the ceremonial center of the dimly candle lit room, the unmasked Ishin meditates with the aid of metaphysically augmenting smoke. His iconic mask resting before his knees. "You've come quite far haven't you?".

#68 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "Quite far indeed." Bowing respectably to the Impero. "It is truly an honor to meet you. Miya spoke very highly of you in Madripoor."

#69 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: A brief pause was generated as Ishin calmly halted his meditation. "Ah Miya, yes", he acknowledged prior to continuing, "And what was the purpose behind your journey?", he asked, inhaling the metaphysically-enhancing smoke in the dimly lit room.

#70 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "I seek to learn. Whatever you would permit the clan to teach me."

#71 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: "I have no qualms with teaching you something", he admitted, before further elaborating, "What concerns me, is what you might do with the knowledge and skills you learn here", while morally ambiguous, Ishin's mysterious ethical values often guided his actions, what Katashi intended to do with potential new-found knowledge will determine whether or not he will be taught.

#72 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "My ultimate aim is the protection of Madripoor and those who call it home."

#73 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: A brief moment of consideration had overcome him, "Very well. I will teach you something", Ishin complied. "An esoteric kenjutsu style. One of our simpler arts", he revealed, "A balanced blend of offense and defense tempered by speed and liberal movement. The basis for this is channeling your chi through the blades of your swords", he explained, rising from his meditative position.

#74 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "When do we begin?"

#75 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: Setting twin Jian swords before the traveling politician, Ishin answered, "We will begin now. Meditate with me, you must learn to spiritually link yourself to your chi".

#76 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "Excellent." Nodding to the master.

#77 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: Waiting for Katashi's meditative session to commence, Ishin instructs, "Do not cease until you have awakened your inner chakra-points. You will experience a brief sense of metaphysical enlightenment once you obtain the basic level of chi-control for the kenjutsu style".

#78 Posted by Acer. (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

DAMN with a side helping of GOD DAMN EPIC :D

#79 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: D'aww, I just did it to get your attention :P

#80 Posted by Acer. (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Then I'll have to visit ic and play ultimate Frisbee :p

#81 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: No fooling? :D!

#82 Posted by Acer. (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Oh I never fool about Ultimate Frisbee XD

#83 Posted by Brahma_Bull (244 posts) - - Show Bio

@Acer.: OMG son! I can't wait to play ultimate frisbee with my broband :D

#84 Posted by Acer. (1465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Malum: Awww I'm this accounts first post and reply :D

#85 Posted by Urban_Ronin (9935 posts) - - Show Bio

hey HEY! If theres some Ulto Fris going down I want in!

#86 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

Haha ultimate frisbee with my homies!

#87 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero said:

@Katashi_Nagano: Waiting for Katashi's meditative session to commence, Ishin instructs, "Do not cease until you have awakened your inner chakra-points. You will experience a brief sense of metaphysical enlightenment once you obtain the basic level of chi-control for the kenjutsu style".

Removing the heavy Parka, the Madripoor Mastermind assumes a meditative stance, knowing very well that the process might take some time to full awaken his inner Chakra-points.

#88 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: The enigmatic Impero waits for the eventual success encountered by Katashi in their indulged meditation. While teaching the adventurous politician a basic technique of the Keijijo arts, Ishin sees the opportunity granted and will soon perhaps, seize it with mysterious intent.

#89 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: He wasn't entirely sure how much time passed, it could have been an hour, a day, or perhaps only a few minutes, but finally the Master of Madripoor's eyes open, a deep sigh leaving him before quietly speaking. "I am ready."

#90 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: His most recent pupil has voiced his readiness. "Good. Please, Katashi-san, wield the Jian swords resting before you", he paused. "Infuse your chi into them. They will contain your life-force, treat them not as weapons, but as extensions of your arms as they are metaphysical extensions of your chi".

#91 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Taking the twin Jian swords in his hands, Katashi rises to his full height, all the blades to become a extension of himself. Calmly awaiting the Impero's instructions.

#92 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: Gesturing for him to follow, Ishin approaches a plain Wakizashi sword. Reaching for it from the vast collection of bladed weapons, the enigmatic Grandmaster is quick to infuse his own monstrous chi into the sword's blade, generating a vibrant rim of sparkling bluish energy around the sword's blade. "Access your chakra-points. Channel their chi into the blades of your swords", having demonstrated the act before the martial politician.

#93 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: Going as the grandmaster wished, Katashi focused his Chi, attempting to channel it into the twin blades. After several seconds that seemed to pass like an eternity, the Jian blades took on their own faint glow, the politician meeting eyes with the clan leader.

#94 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: Briefly examining the mutant politician's attempt, Ishin voices his encouragement, "Continue. Do not stop until you perfect it", he states, "This practice is not physically taxing. It is easy to maintain the chi in the blade, but it is more difficult to maintain it during combat as your focus will be directed elsewhere. As a result, you must learn to do this subconsciously".

#95 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: He nods understandingly, relaxing his grip on the blades for a moment before strengthening his grip, the swords slowly glowing bright until they matched the Wakizashi held by Ishin.

#96 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: Nodding in approval of Katashi's improvement, Ishin instructs him to perform his preferred armed combat maneuvers, "Now, execute your preferred sword-fighting style, basic attacks only. I must see if you can maintain the chi rim in basic combat".

#97 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: "Do wish for me to attack you? Or simply perform the maneuvers?"

#98 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: (You can NPC the clone :))

A moment of consideration overcame him prior to his answer, "No, not me. I want to see you attack without restraint", he admitted, calmly thrusting his right palm forward, a mass of chi emerging from it. Instantly, it took corporeal form, identical to Ishin's. A chi-clone, significantly weaker copies of their creator. "Attack this", he instructed, gesturing for his chi-clone to approach the sword-wielding politician.

#99 Posted by Katashi_Nagano (231 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impero: (I need to get some sleep. I'll have something up tomorrow.)

#100 Posted by Ishin (6787 posts) - - Show Bio

@Katashi_Nagano: (No worries, get some rest. I don't want you gettin' sloppy on me :P)