Situated atop an undisclosed snowy mountain region in the vast wilderness of Japan, the fabled Reisho Monastery serves as the colossal home for the legendary Keijijo Clan. With countless fabricated myths coupled with its undocumented history, the elusive monastery complex's location remains an unsolved mystery to a bulk of the world's population, very few possessing factual knowledge regarding its relentlessly sought location. Constructed in a cold, hazardous environment, the large monastery complex is a result of brilliant mystically-enhanced architecture for its apparent untouched resistance to its extreme environment. Harboring no reliance on supernatural properties to conceal itself from the ordinary human eye, its secretive and hazardous location naturally render it a difficult place to reach. The surrounding mountain region serving as a mysterious nexus of metaphysical energy, the indigenous fauna are often odd metaphysical manifestations, resulting in a wealth of mythical and unnatural creatures and animals in addition to the more ordinarily found animals. As a result of its extreme temperature, hazardous environment and animalistic oddities, an immeasurable percentage of individuals have perished attempting to locate the fabled Reisho Monastery.
For Reisho Monastery History (See Here)
For the Keijijo philosophy and religion (See Here)
Outskirts of Reisho (The Mountain Region)
Outside the ominous walls of the architecturally brilliant monastery complex, lies a hazardous, unwelcoming environment. Unbearably cold and pelted by relentless snow, its freezing temperatures render it a highly dangerous environment of any ordinary human, even certain superhumans. While immensely cold and harsh, the environment is a widespread nexus of great metaphysical concentration, involuntarily leading to the birth of countless dangerous metaphysical manifestations in the form of unnatural mythical creatures, and more prominently, a variety of youkai that have uniquely adapted to the rigorous nature of the hazardous mountains. While the deadly creatures and unforgiving environment of the mountains may present itself as the primary danger of the undisclosed mountain range, its greatest danger is only experienced during the night. Historically, countless clansmen have warned outsiders against visiting the hazardous mountains in hopes of being shown hospitality in the monastery, due to the seclusion of the Keijijo, as well as the fatal dangers encountered at night in the Reisho Mountains.
Perhaps the greatest danger comes in the form of the accumulating metaphysical pressure during the night. Being a rather vast area with several different points of spiritual concentration, the excess metaphysical energy from the concealed ethereal rifts and gateways in the mountains is released during the night as overwhelming metaphysical pressure of ruthless effects. Capable of physically and spiritually crushing even the average Keijijo clansman who is well versed in all things spiritual, the metaphysical pressure is almost instantaneously fatal to ordinary humans during the night. The ambient pressure internally crushes an individual's organs, skeleton, blood vessels, and ultimately, the entire physical body prior to crushing every single chakra-point out of existence, effectively eradicating not only the body, but the victim's life-force. Only the Keijijo Elite and above possess the necessary spiritual and physical fortitude to survive in such an intense environment. Additionally, the released pressure during the night enhances the capabilities of the indigenous youkai with dramatic change, rendering them even more dangerous than during the day. While metaphysical pressure during the day is obviously existent, it is minuscule and hardly detected. The freezing cold also increases exponentially during nighttime. Aside from its countless dangers, the Reisho Mountain Region is a very vast area with scarce natural resources, save for some high-altitude agriculture. Due to its spacious vastness, for those unfamiliar with it, it is effortlessly easy for one to find themselves lost after roaming the area. Lost and weakened and travelers often die from the combined effects of hunger, thirst, and cold before suffering the effects of the metaphysical pressure during the night. Due to the randomly located ethereal rifts and spiritual gateways, clueless travelers may accidentally wander into them, and be sent to higher metaphysical planes of existence of such concentrated spiritual pressure that their eradication is virtually instant. The indigenous youkai come in a variety of different groups. Many are beast-like and violent with monstrous forms, others come in more demonic forms, others possess human intellect and may even take the form of humans to misguide travelers, while others are far more eerie, and disturbing.
Other dangers faced are less prominent. During the day, continued exposure to the ambient minuscule metaphysical pressure to those without a resistance to its ethereal properties, impair the mental chakra-points of an individual. Often, lost travelers during the day suffer the effects of prolonged exposure to the minuscule metaphysical pressure prior to being affected by the blistering cold or attacked by the roaming youkai. The ambient metaphysical pressure gradually disrupts the flow of chi in a person's mental chakra-points, causing great sensory confusion which can cause a variety of effects ranging from paranoia, to suffering usually horrifying hallucinations and illusions. As the day edges closer to nighttime, these effects grow stronger. The commencement of these effects occurs after roughly two hours of exposure in the Reisho Mountains. This however, only affects ordinary humans, and most strong-willed individuals effortlessly resist this. Additionally, the environment of the mountains render liquid water difficult to locate. Often, the sources of water are frozen. However, certain areas do have unfrozen water. The flora in the mountains is starkly different from those found around the world, they are scarce and very well adapted to the rigorous conditions of their environment. In areas of lower altitude, ordinary animals can be seen roaming, however, as the altitude increases, they become nonexistent, and only youkai are seen.
Despite the extreme cold and snow encountered in the outskirts of the Reisho Monastery, as a result of various metaphysical enchantments via Keijijo Geijutsu symbols, past the monastery's ominous gates lie a warmer, more welcoming environment of tranquil weather. Being a vast location, a variety of areas in the Reisho Monastery hold great importance to the Keijijo clansmen. They are as follows:
- Daimyo Temples: A variety of different architecturally brilliant temples have been religiously erected for the sole purpose of paying respects to the ancient Seven Daimyo, the supposed progenitors of the Keijijo Clan. With specific temples built for of each Daimyo, they are often zones of great spiritual and metaphysical concentration due to their undeniable spiritual link with the spirits of the Seven Daimyo.
- Sanmittei Temples: Temples dedicated to spiritually paying one's respects to the Keijijo Sanmittei for developing Keijijogaku into what it is today, the Sanmittei temples are used for meditative sessions of spiritual significance, similar to prayers, these meditative sessions are designed to aid visitors in harmonizing with universal chi and establishing a more intimate relationship with the non-sentient metaphysical force.
- Keijijogaku Elder Temples: Religious infrastructures where Keijijo clansmen of all ages are taught the origins, fundamentals, and all things pertaining to the Keijijogaku religious philosophy. Headed by the Keijijo Elders, these temples are the most frequented as clansmen go there to seek spiritual guidance from the Elders who serve as the clan's theocratic leaders. Using the Book of Keijijogaku which is fabled to have been written by the Keijijo Sanmittei, the Elders teach and spiritually enlighten the Keijijo.
- Keijijo Elite School: This infrastructural construct provides higher education and training as opposed to the Sanmittei Temples. Often, one is required to have completed Sanmittei Temple education, in addition to their training in order to enter the Keijijo Elite School. A prestigious institution designed to nurture those who have succeeded the initial phase of 'Keijijo preparation', the apparent 'geniuses' who have both exceeded the expectations and limits of those placed in the Sanmittei Temples are immediately transferred into this institution. Often, those who become Imperos go through Keijijo Elite School education at the age of four as a result of noted prodigious talent. However, when one is deemed a unique prodigy of peerless genius, they are often placed under the direct teaching and training of the Keijijo Elders.
- Training Grounds: A large area reserved solely for training in the clan's sacred arts and techniques, it is populated by a variety of different infrastructure that serve as dojos for specific techniques and martial arts. These are often zones of great metaphysical concentration that aid practitioners in excelling through their chosen combat disciplines. Several hospitable buildings are also located in the Training Grounds, serving as temporary quarters for visitors.
- The Hierarchy Quarters: A rather large building that serves as the quarters for both the Elders and the Impero. The greatest zone of spiritual and metaphysical concentration in the entire monastery complex, it is situated in a secluded portion of the monastery's residential area where most homes have been established. It contains an incomparable collection of texts, books, and scrolls in a spacious library teeming with knowledge and information of world history and more secretively, the forbidden Keijijo techniques. It is where the Keijijo Geijutsu Urn used to contain the remnants of the Zenku is located, and is the location of the clan's most treasured and important items.
- The Kami no Ken Dome: The largest structure in the entire monastery, it is a colossal indoors arena that is used for the ceremonial Kami no Ken tournament, the victor being crowned the Impero (Grandmaster). Constructed from very durable, chi-enhanced material, it has been symbolically decorated with countless Keijijo Geijutsu engravings and symbols for a variety of combat-oriented purposes such as the altering of the arena's environment for certain battles.
While there are tasked groups and individuals who defend the Reisho Monastery and act as its protectors, Reisho is shielded from the common man due to a circumstantial combination of its highly elusive location, extremely hazardous environment, and the dangerous mythical metaphysical manifestations of the region. To shield it against approaching threats or potential intruders without having to sacrifice any of the clansmen in battle, a virtually impenetrable barrier of spiritual essence is erected by the clan's most powerful Eikyo users who rely on their peerless mental chakras to further augment the barrier's strength. Additionally, the Kaisupon (possessing a large degree of Ishin's spiritual DNA) can be used to dramatically reinforce the barrier should it ever be weakened by attempted disruption of its metaphysical particles. The following are those who are tasked with defending the clan and maintaining internal balance when threatened, they are effectively the law enforcement of the Keijijo Clan:
The Keijijo Elders:
A group of highly respected theocratic individuals in the clan with several leadership duties, the elders are usually individuals of perfect spiritual enlightenment and relevant wisdom. Usually composed of the very elite masters of the clan, the elders combined are famed for being a unit powerful enough to defeat even the Keijijo Impero. While not every elder is a master or even a martial artist, they are all undeniable experts and philosophers of various spiritual concepts. They are known to possess a vast knowledge of chi, chakras, and several other metaphysical concepts that present some form of relevance to the Keijijo Clan. They are tasked with resolving social disputes in the clan, as well as maintaining order and the clan's cultural heritage. They are also responsible for the erection of temples for the worship of the legendary Seven Daimyo. Usually very old, the Keijijo Elders always predate the current Impero. Their wisdom is to be offered to the Impero for aid in certain situations as well. They share the responsibility of making important social decisions that are finalized by the Impero and vice versa. However, the elders do not possess the power necessary to exile any individual from the clan, though they can strip an Impero of the title and reduce them to an ordinary clansman. Their lower duties include offering spiritual guidance to troubled clansmen who are unable to meet with the Impero. During rare times, when a prodigious child in the clan is identified as an authentic genius of immense, possibly Impero-level potential, the elders are tasked with replacing the child's teachers with a selected group of elders in order to properly nurture potential talent. The elders are also the ones responsible for the Keijijo Tatoo that identifies every member of the clan. Past elders are also responsible for the creation of the Impero Mask. Mysteriously, a few of the current elders are known to have been with Shinma when the past Impero investigated the ominous occurrences in the clan said to have been caused by Oni. They possess a portion of information regarding the event that they have sworn not to reveal to anyone, including any Imperos after Shinma's time, stating that it will disrupt the era of peace and stability. Additionally, the Keijijo Elders are tasked with promoting any elite member of the clan to the rank of 'Elder' when they feel a replacement is needed.
The Keijijo Clan Elite:
A squad of elite martial artists belonging to the Keijijo Clan, they are powerful masters of the clan's techniques and combat arts and act as the enforcers of the clan's various rules. Aside from maintaining social peace, their other priority is to accompany the Keijijo Impero into war and other perilous situations. The Keijijo Clan Elite are greatly respected for their incredible combat prowess, and should some of them vastly exceed expectations, they may be promoted to Keijijo Clan Elders. The leader of the Keijijo Clan Elite is commonly referred to as the "Sosu (Prime)". Other than beig the Keijijo Elite's leader, the Sosu's authority is identical to that of the rest of the Keijijo Elite. Additionally, the Keijijo Clan Elite function as the teachers for the younger clansmen and even select several pupils to accompany them during missions to instill practical experience in the students. Clansmen who are not made Keijijo Elite usually remain common clansmen with passable amounts of skills in the clan's esoteric fighting styles and techniques. Functioning as not only the enforcers in the clan, they are tasked with being the clan's military force during times of war. With a large number of individuals having managed to become elites, their numbers are vast. The Keijijo Clan Elite are usually split into two colossal groups. One group remains with the primary duty of acting as the clan's enforcement while the second group acts as teachers for young students as all children are to learn the basic skills of their clan. Under this second group of the Keijijo Elite called "Keijijo Michibiku", various under eighteen tournaments are arranged to properly test the skills of the students and depending on how they perform, they can progress and become Keijijo Elites themselves.
Translated to "Chi Spawn", these unique creatures are among Ishin's more esoteric creations. The enigmatic Impero first created them by examining the principles of the creation of chi-clones. Using a similar technique, Ishin creates various chi-clones, however, maintains their form by creating them in locations of metaphysical concentration. Altering their form and composition through extensive experimentation with the Yoso Sphere (another invention of his) to turn them into shadowy entities via the darkness element, Ishin then grants them sentience by imbuing them with artificial souls that he created using the life-giving properties of chi/life-force to create incomplete souls. Gifted with enough sentience, the Kaisupon are intelligent creatures (slightly more intelligent than ordinary humans) that are flawlessly obedient to Ishin due to being composed partly from his own chi, imbuing them with a natural tendency to obey him without question. Fully capable of speech, their loyalty to their creator is limitless. The Kaisupon can be further controlled by Ishin by using Chakra-Potaru to transfer chi-receiving senbon into their odd chakra-points, enabling Ishin to control them via the power of his chi in their person. Eerie in appearance, the Kaisupon are not malevolent nor do they harbor any ill intent. Their purpose is to protect and serve the Keijijo and Ishin. Because they are partly imbued with Ishin's chi and chi-receiving senbon, their memories and experiences are shared with Ishin's mind as well, allowing him to see and experience what they do. They are fiercely loyal to the clan and possess a natural empathetic care for it and their creator. Spawned from the elusive element of darkness, the Kaisupon are capable of merging with shadows and the darkness to increase their relatively superhuman physical attributes. They are said to be as powerful and skilled as the ordinary Keijijo clansmen. They are however, adept users of the element of darkness, capable of manipulating it and creating various darkness-based constructs such as very powerful tendrils and other constructs. Additionally, they are skilled in the Naibu Dengen martial art, Wood Yoso and the Eikyo technique. Their main ability however, is the power to shapeshift into anything. Physically, they are capable of lifting up to five tons, are resistant to high caliber bullets, and are remarkably fast, capable of reaching the speed of sound. They are additionally gifted with the ability to fly and teleport to the location of any other Kaisupon. Two hundred Kaisupon have been created. Their final ability enables them to merge with themselves, forming a more powerful Kaisupon. They are genderless entities.
- No godmodding
- You can destroy some minor buildings etc. but can't do anything prominent without my permission
- Please sell the security here
- Anyone can visit, but it would be good if your character has a good reason to be here
- The Elders are not NPCs
- The Keijijo Elite are NPCs, you can kill some but they are powerful so please sell them