Reference Page

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

His Closure, Not Mine

My dad feared the world, because it never treated him well. Every morning I'd wake to the finest breakfast and a dotting father drinking his coffee with a glock sitting on the table top.

My dad was kind, but he had problems no one else would. Every morning he battled his mind, claiming he heard a demon and sometimes her. Every morning before I left for University my dad would say he loved me once, twice, and thrice before the door; afraid that I might not return like her and the ones before.

My dad worried. He always did. He never knew if he was being the right kind of father. He hadn't any practice and here I was at the age of eighteen, entering his life at the worst of times. Yet, every morning he did best and that's all I would ever ask.

My dad was the best. Every morning he'd try talk to me about clothes, news, or girls. I'd catch him critiquing his execution, but I never really cared. I had a dad, an actual dad, and one that tried at that.

Yet, I feared my dad, because he was a ticking time bomb; any amount of stress could set him off. It's why I had to put him away. Do him the good no else would.

My dad's in a better place now and every morning I can wake up....knowing he's better off.

(***DISCLAIMER - I'm just practicing again, trying to get a grip on this character, but if you decide to read I wouldn't mind some critique. Just know if you're going to give actual criticism....pm me. Other than that give me PRAISE for pushing through a serious case of writers block :O )

Zero Issue

"I'm sorry BS, but I know you've been working for Venezuela." Sometimes the person that's trusted the most is the one who shouldn't be trusted at all.

"I can see it on your face! You've been lying to me since day one!." Sitting comfortably cushioned in a velvet slipper chair, Troy reluctantly exposed his pug for the double agent he truly is. He shouldn't be too surprised, Biggie was imported from England after all, but he still couldn't fathom why his best friend would deceive him.

"I let you eat pizza and we both know you've got cholesterol issues," he emphasized his adoration for his canine before aiming his father's favorite handheld between those precious chestnut eyes.

"After all I've done for you. After all we've been through," He drawled out the final outcome, his heart unable to let go of the good times they shared together, "You threw it all away for a fancy bone and someone to hump. You little fucker."

"That's why I love you, you stupid three legged sonnova bitch. C'mere boy!" He situated the unloaded gun beside the leg of his chair whilst Biggie hobbled his way onto his best bro's lap, happily minding his bro's stomach pressing against his small body before he reclined to the back of the chair.

"Never be ashamed of you are. Mutant and proud, that's the way it should be. That's the way it should have always been, but when Quintus Knightfall sullied the name...it made being yourself difficult as f*ck." Troy knew the dude was dead in the present tense, but he left a strong enough legacy to keep himself relevant.

"Shit's gotta change man and if no one's got the balls to do it then who will?" Amid the head scratching, Biggie managed to look up to his best bro with the most genuine sincerity, "You're right Biggie. It should be me. Just maybe not today." Troy murmured with a much softer tone, his head pressing into the chair as he stared at the glistening chandelier.

"It's been a minute since I had a morning alone."

-----------------------------------

Character Notes: Troy Addams is the son of Closure and Clara Mass. When Noah joined the military after high school, Clarice carried the child and gave him up to foster care. Troy was subsequently raised by a myriad of foster parents, but grew up on the streets of Gothic City.

He'd eventually cross paths with Noah and begin building a father son relationship. However, mental stresses caused by Clarice's multiple mental manipulations left Noah almost incapable of living a normal life. Because of this Troy has set his father free, but to where exactly hasn't been disclosed yet. At the moment the kid is coming to terms with being alone again and he's trying to find his footing in the world. Maybe become a hero? He's got the money and tragic back story

-\_("/)_/-

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

Heh, irony, considering...

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Legacy_

@arquitenens: My writer's block includes being able to write, but it's not exactly good. It's just words without substance or character.

This is the closest I've gotten to old me (when I had 20 ideas at once). I haven't felt that fire to write in some time and it's weird considering I love to write. I've even considered burning scents to get my mind jogging lol

My issues in the past have included cramming too many ideas into one character and now that I'm trying to expand my repertoire and spread out ideas...it's like the well dried out.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: Well, I hope I'm not getting in over my head in saying this, but I guess we'll see what we can do about that.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Legacy_

@arquitenens: Hopefully, you can help me figure this out. If there's anyone who can talk to me bluntly, educate me, and offer sound bytes of advice; it's you. I kinda already know my problems and what I want to achieve, but I'll sit at the laptop ready and write and shoot blanks lol

I've the key in the car, but the engine won't start. It just keeps making noises :O

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: Maybe. If nothing, I'll try and use some tact. Not get too caught up in the "brutal" part of "brutal honesty." [Plus it's hard. We always thinks we want the most brusque feedback someone can offer, but like a celebrity roast, that stuff actually hurts and often leaves us feeling down (and sometimes a little bitter) afterwards.]

But...if you know what you need to do but just aren't doing it, then isn't it more like a problem with you, not the car? Like you've got the keys but just won't hit the ignition? [Mhm, that's right.]

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll get started when I get back. Gotta go walk my dog.

Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: I've I always felt like there's a way to critique someone without tearing their heart out. Then again the last time I was critique it was by Darkchild back in 2011 o.o Since then I've been tacked with the whole "you've got potential as a writer" and "only you can learn to fine tune your writing." That's cool and all, but how am I ever suppose to get better if no one says hey maybe if you tried this a bit more and less of that?

Then again maybe it's my fault. It'd make sense I've got all the parts (and answers) in front of me, but i haven't had the will to get the car into ignition. I suppose it's very mental. I've discussed the stress I've had as of late and my things of that nature and I suppose I unintentionally closed the door on my creativity. Hmmmm.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: Hehee, don't worry. There's no animosity between us (yet ~_^) so you don't have to worry about me tearing your heart out. Hopefully. I mean, I'm usually good at the whole circumspect thing, but sometimes I found there's a hint of accuracy in the whole "she's a tiger" thing. Just a hint, because it's accidental, but...I dunno, accidental mauling.
And...I know what that feels like. [Maybe that's why the sympathy is so there.] It's hard to get feedback when you've been around for a while. People stick to telling you only good things, because they're friends (or in some way give you some value) and don't wanna hurt your feelings. Or maybe they really just don't see it. Maybe they've gotten used to you so need-for-improvements aren't so apparent. Or it's hard to ask because that (possible) perception of you've been here a while; isn't it time you learned to stand on your own two feet? [And even if that's not actually what they're thinking, you feel like it's what they're thinking so you kindly, timidly back off.] You wanna improve, and you feel like you need to, but you don't know how, and/or you feel like you need help/feedback from others...but don't wanna be a pest.

It is mental! But we've been over that, a bit. See about keeping those things I told you in mind and we'll see about that first. No full diagnosis-and-prescription yet.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@legacy_: The best way to advance you writing (if you feel like it needs it) is to look at your own strengths with a critical eye. See where you are strong and either use that as your characters foundation or try to utilize that process as much as you can. Once you have the strength of solid foundation then experiment with what fits or you like the idea of. If it works great if not don't sweat it, in order to make a change you have to make some mistakes. Hell everyone around here has an idea, an rp an aspect of their writing they could enhance in one way or another.

My advice is simply not to look at others strengths and feel you should be the same, for example i will not even try to to right a free flowing combat style similar to many great combat writers here. But i would break it down and try and make it simply visual in combat thats probably a better fit for my character and my writing. Use your skills to bolster your others and you will find yourself in a happier creative place writting wise.

Well that or cheat and just read alot and try and steal the odd bit here and there.

------------------------

In terms of the post i liked the sorter sad/lonely angle of the one way conversation between man and beast.( Minor side notes missed a few swears on the censor front) the flow of the post was good. I can see a liquid transition of profile camera shots between the two in my head when i read it and thats never a bad thing. In short considering the time away its a solid start its vocab is pretty strong the tone is clear and it had a visual vibe to me.