_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vivide:

I was asked.

It's their problem, IMO. No one should be taking any sides.(Has no idea what that is)

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

(Meek Mill and Drake beef, its full off comedy with dank memes)

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

(I'd heard of it, but never really cared.)

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Have you seen the latest Mission Impossible movie?

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

I refuse to support that franchise, based on some somewhat controversial personal beliefs.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Its is a pity what happened to their marriage, anyways are you hyped to see the new Star Wars?

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

It looks fine. I haven't anything against the stars or the producers. Aside from th whole "1%ers" thing.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

So what do you plan to do about these 1%?

We have seen activists attempt and miserably fail during Occupy Wall-street.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

I operate from the shadows. My mission is to shine light on the deep, dark secrets that those in in power seem determined to keep from us. And occasionally toss a molotov cocktail.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Well I hope you have success hiding from drones and today's surveillance, technology makes it hard for you to do the things that you do.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By _Dox_

@vivide: If worst comes to worst, I'm arrested and freed by my friends.

#7BillionMatter.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

What did you to the original Dox?

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By _Dox_

@_nox_:

He disappeared. I simply put on a hood and mask, decided to make a difference, and still try to.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

They won't keep a good Idea down

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

Nope. Order your Guy Fawkes mask now!

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

I heard luchadore masks are all the rage today

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vivide:

I'll get to work merchandising the revolution later.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Vivide

@_dox_:

Hashtags are a good start, get it trending!

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

hashtags shurikens, that will attract the weeb crowd

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Username: Stellarnet

So you'd only let the people you approve take office, or a throne? Why are you the one who gets to make those decisions? Let's say you do steer the world towards leaders who are decent, or you create honesty in current leaders. What's to say they'll be respected? I mean, you'll have already inspired the world to think "you should only be in charge if you do what I like". With that kind of mentality, you'd get lazy leaders, not active, benevolent leaders. Because if they're active, even if they're good, someone won't like them, and this movement will teach people that leaders are as disposable as candy wrappers. The only leader who doesn't anger anyone is the one who doesn't do anything, and this movement would get those leaders. How do you plan to avoid that?

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By _Dox_

@neon_leon: My intention is not to be a shadow dictator. I don't want anything out of this aside from the truth.However, if a leader is endangering this country and it's people's interests, I will expose that. I expose, you decide, to quote *shudders* Fox.

The Liafadors are endangering lives with their greed. Thee Champ brings gems out from space. This floods the diamond economy. Poor African kids are killed for not making their oppressors more cash. Whoops?

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Neon_Leon

@_dox_:

Username Stellarnet

And how is that the Liafadors' fault, and not the oppressors in question? If there are people actively hurting children, shouldn't we be focused on them, rather than pointing fingers at people who are doing business that's legal as far as I know? If the Liafadors end up driving blood diamond producers out of business, how is that not positive anyway? The people running those illegitimate businesses will become desperate, and desperate people do desperate things. That always gets them caught. And if they get caught, the kids go free! Hooray, everyone's happy, because the Liafadors put the evildoers out of business, thus indirectly freeing children! Plus, bling becomes cheaper, too! And if you're not satisfied with letting the natural course of things taking the oppressors down, maybe you should get invested in taking them down.

TL;DR

Child oppressors/murderers are evil, not necessarily the people who get in their way, and make their job harder.

If you don't like child oppressors, then expose child oppressors.

Bonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_

Username: B O N F I R E

I'm going to show you what a real revolution looks like.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neon_leon:If they're New Gods, as the claim, hen why don;t they end the oppression themselves? Based on what I've seen of them, they could take me out in the beat of a heart, and fix the entire world in a day. The very fact that they haven't means they have something to hide.

@bonfire:If that's truly your goal, then I'l bring you down in a blaze of flames.

Bonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_ said:

@neon_leon:If they're New Gods, as the claim, hen why don;t they end the oppression themselves? Based on what I've seen of them, they could take me out in the beat of a heart, and fix the entire world in a day. The very fact that they haven't means they have something to hide.

@bonfire:If that's truly your goal, then I'l bring you down in a blaze of flames.

I cringed

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Neon_Leon

@_dox_:

I get into this debate all the time, if they did that, the world wouldn't react well to the whole rule with an iron fist thing, and then the world would, sooner or later, become their problem, which they'd solve, once again, with an iron fist. In that situation, they'd be the corrupt people you claim they might be. Even if not intentionally, they'd take away freedom in exchange for safety, and it's been said that "he who would exchange freedom for safety will receive neither."

Basically, they don't solve all the world's problems, because that would require becoming dictators of the world. Not because they have anything to hide.

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Username: Argus_

Not my AMA but I have a few things I want to answer.

Username: JDOW

So I'm 15 years old and care more about saving the entire world than I do overturning corrupt governments. What impact do you have on me?

So, you save the world, right? The government is pretty signifigant in the sense that it well, governs things while you are off doing, whatever it is you do.

Not that saving the world from aliens isn't important. It is. But what is also important are the lives of any person living on that world. The regular people walking everywhere in the world and trying to make their lives a little better and safer. Basically, what world is going to be left if the government can't manage while your gone? Think of it as getting shot versus getting a disease. Sure, yeah, if your about to get shot, you want to prevent that from happening. On the flipside, if you leave a sickness untreated, it can develop into something worse. Potentially something fatal.

You think I'm exaggerating? The "president" lost his crap and murdered numerous innocent bystanders and civilians without any warning. A government official murdered people on live television. If this doesn't set off any f***ing alarms as to the state of the world, I don't.

Not much point in saving the world from an exterior threat if something interior destroys it for you. Things are still "good" otherwise compared to some parts of the world. But do you really not see this as a sign that if we stand by and do nothing. Just let things like murder on national television happen, that things are going to get progressively worse and worse until your way of life becomes different? It doesn't impact you now, but if people simply do nothing than it's only gonna go downhill from here.

An ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure.

@_dox_:

How do we know that when you out the current corrupt governments and establishments, it won't make way for the next would be world manipulators? I mean sure, we don't like the secrets but what if your work creates holes in the world's leadership structure that AREN'T filled by better alternatives, but by worse people?

That's where the people (Should) come in. Playing the role of keeping the leader in check and making sure that people who aren't going to promote products of their own company on national television or turn around, flip out and kill everyone.

Are you telling me this is the best the world has now? Someone who murders people on national television and clearly serves his own interests? He's not as bad as the elitist celebrity gods, but still, did you see the conversation Maya Liafador had with the original Dox? Yeah, it isn't them, but it's a reflection of what the girl has been taught. It shed a lot of light on how entitled, sheltered and generally non-chalant about basically anyone who isn't a celebrity really is.

But I'm not here to tell you exactly how to interpret things. I'm just here to try and educate. Here is the conversation for you to see and interpret.

http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg-9/a-state-of-the-disunion-1670125/

@_dox_:

Username Stellarnet

And how is that the Liafadors' fault, and not the oppressors in question? If there are people actively hurting children, shouldn't we be focused on them, rather than pointing fingers at people who are doing business that's legal as far as I know? If the Liafadors end up driving blood diamond producers out of business, how is that not positive anyway? The people running those illegitimate businesses will become desperate, and desperate people do desperate things. That always gets them caught. And if they get caught, the kids go free! Hooray, everyone's happy, because the Liafadors put the evildoers out of business, thus indirectly freeing children! Plus, bling becomes cheaper, too! And if you're not satisfied with letting the natural course of things taking the oppressors down, maybe you should get invested in taking them down.

TL;DR

Child oppressors/murderers are evil, not necessarily the people who get in their way, and make their job harder.

If you don't like child oppressors, then expose child oppressors.

You essentially missed the entire point.

But I'll address this anyway.

A lot of responses have been given to Africa's child labor laws. Here is the main thing, the thing that drives kids into laboring for companies is poverty. Putting a company out of business isn't going to "free" these kids because they will still be in poverty. It just makes them look elsewhere for work.

But the main point is that by detracting from the value of diamond and hurting businesses in Africa, you're hurting the people who rely on those businesses for income, which is a lot of people. African countries account for the largest source of diamonds, with Russia being pretty close. But I wouldn't say that

No Caption Provided

A business failing in Africa means the economy gets worse on a larger scale. Especially one this large, since champ wnats to haul ass and make diamond worthless, the way you harm the general country (which means not just children) is that you're taking away a large chunk of their job market. Which leads to layoffs. And people being out of the job is what leads to people starving and living in poverty.

In essence, they're making themselves immensely richer while plunging mostly 3rd world countries into an even deeper sh**hole than what they are in now.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Username: GaleXanders

Unfortunately there is only so much companies can do, especially in regards to Africa. We have hired a number of people from African countries and South American countries, people used to the sort of climate found at Jurassic World and can work in those conditions without additional training. The amount they get paid to work in their home countries is depressingly appalling.

Marcus_Crowne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Marcus_Crowne

Username: Lasagna_Booty

*sent from a confiscated phone*

Opinion on the current state of US law enforcement and their policies? Their overall performance has been underwhelming. I mean the do try their best, but how can we put our lives in the hands of someone who can only fine me for a going past speed limit? No wonder Maverick gets so many contracts, them dudes are atleast 1337!

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@marcus_crowne: They do their best, but perhaps we should focus on making that best better. If Maverick can handle it, why not the cops? Lack of gear, fr one thing.

Avatar image for rosalynlovecraft
RosalynLovecraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_: Who are the Liafador? And the Strike? When I search Liafador I don't get anything but some profiles of ppl in comic vine?

Can you tell me a bit about Liafador and Strike cause I know absolutely nothing at all

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@argus_:

Love you guys' work on this. But Stellarnet has just a little bit more misguided skepticism to spew. Misguided might be an understatement.

But like I was saying, those jobs were from the aforementioned oppressors who we don't want affecting the children, or anyone else there. We can learn from the past on this one. When slavery was abolished in the U.S., we didn't take any steps to help them get decent jobs, or integrate them into society for a long time, and that caused division and turmoil. But if this time around, after the oppression is over, we helped the African economy in a way that wouldn't oppress children, and provided them with other jobs, they'd be alright.

Bonfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Bonfire

@rosalynlovecraft:

Hi there! I'm not Dox, but I figured you might want some answers, being that he may not be on right now.

• The Liafadors are a loose writing group established by a group of users as an IC family. Many users here use alternate accounts, like this one I have here. You might see a person with only 50 posts, but in reality they could potentially have posts in the thousands. The Liafadors are a group of affiliated "Alts," or alternate accounts. In the Vine canon, they rule Spain with a combination of divine Superman and Wonder Woman style characters. OOC (out of character), they're a little club that talks about kittens or UFC fighting or whatever in their "Liafador Palace," which is basically just a fun place to post your real thoughts, in addition to hosting a few IC (in character) interactions.

• STRIKE is a team of superheroes, formed a few months ago. They're a lot like SHIELD, except looser and with no ties to the government. The members of STRIKE are still active, but I haven't seen much from them under that name. As mentioned above, most people have numerous alternate accounts, and for the most part, the ones involved with STRIKE haven't been as active as of recent.

Any other questions? If you want help with an RP, feel free to ask! The forum can be intimidating, and a little confusing at first, but everyone's pretty friendly and tolerant of one another. Don't be afraid to write something if the urge grips you!

Argus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@argus_:

Love you guys' work on this. But Stellarnet has just a little bit more misguided skepticism to spew. Misguided might be an understatement.

But like I was saying, those jobs were from the aforementioned oppressors who we don't want affecting the children, or anyone else there. We can learn from the past on this one. When slavery was abolished in the U.S., we didn't take any steps to help them get decent jobs, or integrate them into society for a long time, and that caused division and turmoil. But if this time around, after the oppression is over, we helped the African economy in a way that wouldn't oppress children, and provided them with other jobs, they'd be alright.

Username: Argus_

No. Not....at all. There are numerous anti-child labor laws in Africa. And while it is still a problem in the gold and chocolate industries, it's not as much a problem in more than 87 countries. And it's not just because of "oppressors" but more so, poverty. Children have to work because their countries are poor.

And by taking away these jobs they need to survive and are already being paid minuscule amounts for, you are becoming inadvertently responsible for the deaths a lot of people working there who rely on the industry. People are going to have died because of this. Men, women and children alike. People who work for the industry.

You can't wait out oppression. You have to proactively take steps to stop it. The thing is you can't rely on charity to sustain them. You have to have a foundation, you have to have industries there of some kind to establish infrastructure, and the industry isn't all foreign countries. Some of it is people of the country trading with foreign countries. When you make that country less valuable, people won't want to establish infrastructure there and thusly, the country is going to remain in turmoil indefinitely, so long as poverty reigns.

The Liafadors are just making it even harder for these people to survive by flooding the market with their diamond. This is going to affect people because people will lose their jobs who work for the industry. We don't have any new jobs we would rather give them until they develop a greater number of skilled workers.

MTH_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By MTH_

Username: MatHdly

Have you heard of the Hadleys....if so what is your opinion on them, if not we've been doing all right as of late

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mth_: If you identify yourself as a member of a family before a person, chances are I don't like you.

Neon_Leon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_: @argus_:

Nice reply. Just wanted to see how you'd respond IC to ignorance.

Oh my gosh, I told him to get his own user. Sorry, my boyfriend is stupid, and thinks stupid things. I completely agree with everything you said. Thanks for putting him in his place! I have a question myself, though. How can we change the minds of people who could destroy a city block with one punch? I mean, I'm just a regular person, what can I do?

Avatar image for pink_mantis_ranger
Pink_Mantis_Ranger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still trying to figure out how anyone knows we goes to space to get our diamonds O_o

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neon_leon: I say we explain to them why they're wrong, and do it from very far away f they turn out to be insane/ignorant.

I'm sorry about your bad choices in romance. I wouldn't know, though.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Gale_Xanders

@neon_leon: @_dox_@argus_

Treat them well. Seriously, it may sound daft but a lot of the powerful individuals out there who are angry and doing violent things are doing it because they've been treated like crap their entire lives. The rest are terrorists and just need to be killed, but the people with motivations beyond murdering and watching the world burn...they just need to know you see them as a person.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@catalina_liafador: He found the quote, Alexis and Zicarra were talking and the space-diamonds came up.

Gale_Xanders

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_:

Of course not, but she asked what she could do.

Avatar image for deactivated-6030536d76c91
deactivated-6030536d76c91

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_dox_ said:

@catalina_liafador: He found the quote, Alexis and Zicarra were talking and the space-diamonds came up.

Lmao. I guess. Alrighty then.

_Dox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gale_xanders: Whatever, I'm less about the superpowers, more the super-secrets.