Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Quality

Twin Towers
Twin Towers
Here's the DEAL!
Our Army
Our Army

Our life and ComicVine- Should they intertwine in our RPG's?

Alright, so I was just wondering today about wars of our era and if they should tie into our universe. Technically speaking, the Iraq, and Afgahnistan wars are a big thing in all of our lives, and for most Americans as 9/11 was pretty devastating. These 'wars' or whatever you'd like to call them, have been dragging on for a long, long time.Terrorists, insurgents, suicide bombers, and all that jazz are the whole reason for the tragedy of
Osama Bin Laden
Osama Bin Laden
9/11- and why most of us believe we stepped into Iraq and Afgahnistan to catch these Terrorists. So, are we intertwined universes with all the real-life wars, and other tragedies going on, which we have not spoken of much in Cannons or almost or most of our RPG "posts"? So are we intertwined, or are we a completely different universe without all these faults of our Real Lives?
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#2  Edited By pixelized

What?

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Quality
pixelized said:
"What?"

Should we have a different universe, without people like Obama, and all those other guys? If we keep them, then shouldn't places like Iraq at least influence some things in America in our Cannon RPG's? Like the Economy- and especially when we're in debt i guess?
Ex Machina

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#4  Edited By Ex Machina

I think the vine universe has enough villains and tragedies without dragging real life examples into the mix. Iraq would seem like a sideshow in comparison to the body count from a single cannon rpg. So I don't think its necessary to include real life wars and the like. Or at least I never have in my posts.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By pixelized
Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
Should we have a different universe, without people like Obama, and all those other guys? If we keep them, then shouldn't places like Iraq at least influence some things in America in our Cannon RPG's?"
i took them to be two separate entities.
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#6  Edited By G'bandit

There's been RPGs in which the role players have talk about 9/11 and all that, but is not like we're just going to stick with it.

If I'm not mistaken right now in the RPG universe, US is incredibly weak:

16 presidents have been killed in our RPGs (Like six of them were Bush LOL) Chicago was blown up, the statue of Liberty was deheaded, Empire State building had been demolished, the tower of Pisa, the Golden Gate bridge, niagra falls alll destroyed.

US IS IN RUINS IN THE RPG WORLD!!!!!

So as you see we got enough terrorizing in our little universe to just go after Bin Laden...

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Quality
pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
Should we have a different universe, without people like Obama, and all those other guys? If we keep them, then shouldn't places like Iraq at least influence some things in America in our Cannon RPG's?"
i took them to be two separate entities. "
What does that mean?
Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Quality
G'bandit said:
"There's been RPGs in which the role players have talk about 9/11 and all that, but is not like we're just going to stick with it. If I'm not mistaken right now in the RPG universe, US is incredibly weak: 16 presidents have been killed in our RPGs (Like six of them were Bush LOL) Chicago was blown up, the statue of Liberty was deheaded, Empire State building had been demolished, the tower of Pisa, the Golden Gate bridge, niagra falls alll destroyed.  US IS IN RUINS IN THE RPG WORLD!!!!! So as you see we got enough terrorizing in our little universe to just go after Bin Laden... "
lol...
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By pixelized
Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
What does that mean? "
that they aren't mixed together
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By G'bandit
Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
Should we have a different universe, without people like Obama, and all those other guys? If we keep them, then shouldn't places like Iraq at least influence some things in America in our Cannon RPG's? Like the Economy- and especially when we're in debt i guess?"
Me personally I don't call presidents and important people by their names.. I just call them "The president" and some others have done the same, so I figure that's how it should be. Like I said last year Bush was killed in like six rpgs...

WTF? is he freaking Wanderer or have Gambler's deal with death that just keeps him coming back or something? O_O?

So you see, is better to just call Omnipresence people, like the presidents (who is mention in all RPGs) "The president" not by their names.

That's my opinion, anyway.

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Quality
pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
What does that mean? "
that they aren't mixed together"
So, you think that RPG's shouldn't be like Comics- which are basically mirrors of our world, just with superheroes.

ALSO: Do you guys think that it would be alright for someone to add a war into their bio?
Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Quality
G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
Should we have a different universe, without people like Obama, and all those other guys? If we keep them, then shouldn't places like Iraq at least influence some things in America in our Cannon RPG's? Like the Economy- and especially when we're in debt i guess?"
Me personally I don't call presidents and important people by their names.. I just call them "The president" and some others have done the same, so I figure that's how it should be. Like I said last year Bush was killed in like six rpgs...

WTF? is he freaking Wanderer or have Gambler's deal with death that just keeps him coming back or something? O_O?

So you see, is better to just call Omnipresence people, like the presidents (who is mention in all RPGs) "The president" not by their names. That's my opinion, anyway."
That's a good opinion.

Anything on the Economy?

Agony

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#13  Edited By Agony

are u kidding me who doesnt want to see obama with a ninja sword comeon!

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Quality
Trauma said:
"are u kidding me who doesnt want to see obama with a ninja sword comeon!"
ROFL!
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By G'bandit
Quality said:
"G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"

So you see, is better to just call Omnipresence people, like the presidents (who is mention in all RPGs) "The president" not by their names. That's my opinion, anyway."
That's a good opinion.Anything on the Economy?"
Economy.. Well the economy should be by the ground in our universe... But still the government pulls money out of their a$$ to buy Sentinels to hunt us down, nice huh? :P

I think that the only way things like War on terror, Economy and politics will ever make it to an RPG is if someone with a good voice to gather people starts doing those types of RPGs.

Like Gambler, Andy, Rider and Kurrent. It willl work if they actually know something about politics, economy etc.. I think Gambler and K do, but I'm not sure about the others XD

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Quality
G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"

Economy.. Well the economy should be by the ground in our universe... But still the government pulls money out of their a$$ to buy Sentinels to hunt us down, nice huh? :P I think that the only way things like War on terror, Economy and politics will ever make it to an RPG is if someone with a good voice to gather people starts doing those types of RPGs. Like Gambler, Andy, Rider and Kurrent. It willl work if they actually know something about politics, economy etc.. I think Gambler and K do, but I'm not sure about the others XD "

True. Most people rally around the well known people, and it's like a "monkey see, monkey do" sort of thing. Then again, wikipedia can fill us in on alot of thingS XD
G'bandit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By G'bandit
Quality said:
"G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"G'bandit said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"

Economy.. Well the economy should be by the ground in our universe... But still the government pulls money out of their a$$ to buy Sentinels to hunt us down, nice huh? :P I think that the only way things like War on terror, Economy and politics will ever make it to an RPG is if someone with a good voice to gather people starts doing those types of RPGs. Like Gambler, Andy, Rider and Kurrent. It willl work if they actually know something about politics, economy etc.. I think Gambler and K do, but I'm not sure about the others XD "
True. Most people rally around the well known people, and it's like a "monkey see, monkey do" sort of thing. Then again, wikipedia can fill us in on alot of thingS XD"
Yeah is kind of a drag really. I remember when Gambler told me to stop whining and to give making an RPG a try.... So I gave it a try, and no one cared. I think Wando and I actually got to talk in the OOC, but the RPG was just my post... It was embarrassing, really XD

No more RPG tries for me after that  XD

Quality

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Quality

lol

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

I'll just sum up what I think of your idea.

If we go with it, Earth is realistically f*cked inside and out.

Kado

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Kado
Warsman said:
"I'll just sum up what I think of your idea.If we go with it, Earth is realistically f*cked inside and out."
Agrees
Nighthunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#21  Edited By Nighthunter
Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"Quality said:
"pixelized said:
"What?"
What does that mean? "
that they aren't mixed together"
So, you think that RPG's shouldn't be like Comics- which are basically mirrors of our world, just with superheroes.ALSO: Do you guys think that it would be alright for someone to add a war into their bio?"
Marvel is the one that puts the presidents and problems like the 9/11, DC hasn't done it since Bill Clinton spoke in the funeral of Superman (not sure of other publishers)

Personally I don't think they should mix, like Exmachina said we have enough problems on our own. Almost any of our villains would make terrorists wet themselves...