Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Below0Gaming

IC- Mysterious Observatory

No Caption Provided

The candidate finds themselves on a solid and reflective surface that seems to overlook the earth. From here you can see everything. There is a bench with a mysterious man sitting on it. He looks at you and beckons you to come and sit down.

@raven_:

Raven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

Raven didn't know wether to be ammused or annoyed about how frequently she was able to fumble into other situations outside of her intention. What she wanted to do was find the other Hadley members so she went to Gothic ideal for gathering info. When there however she was convinced another clansmen was cleverly spying on her. While totally wrong it did lead into a busy day of chasing and fighting looking for answers to questions that didn't exist. Now she found herself in the realm of nothingnes, or the space between the nothing she didn't know really. What she did know was that there was so much white on white it was almost blinding.

A dark orb materialized and Raven spent more time just giving thanks to the sight of another color. Then it went on about some creationist theory and spirits and a bunch of other mystical what not that went in one ear and out the other. "Look I'm honored you chose me but spare me the woven fates monologue. My destiny is my own and I'll be stepping up to these demons or whatever because as a queen that's what I ought to do. Not because some king who's throne I inherited tells me to." Raven wouldn't take on the challenges unless she knew it was her choice. The future was a road she had to carve out not some onyx sphere of light.

Stepping through the rift Raven immediately spread obsidian wings preparing to avoid a fall through the means of flight. Her weapons and powers she all loved none were more liberating then flight however. She soon realized however that wings were not needed she was on a solid reflective surface. Getting a hold of herself Raven crossed the distance taking a seat beside the mysterious figure. "This isn't going to be some Neo and Oracle discussion about my choice to sit down is it?" The Hadley remarked skeptical of what was going on.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_: Upon closer inspection you find out that the figure is in fact faceless, yet he somehow can speak to you.

"Hello Raven, my name is unimportant right now, what is important is the question I am about to ask you." The figure moves his arms in a sort of zoom motion giving a better look at a specific part of the earth. There were two ships floating in the middle of the ocean. "So, I was tasked with an important decision and I just can't seem to make it. You see these ships each have an explosive in them. I have both detonators and have to detonate one of the ships. The hard part though is deciding, you see one ship is full of sick people that are seeking medical treatment and the other is full of women and children. So I want you to chose, Right detonates the Sick ship and Left detonates the Children ship."

He held out each detonator gesturing for you to take one.

Raven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"I have a hard time trusting a faceless figure, your like the corporate CEO making all the calls but never in the field. If that. Analogy hits close to home I'm sorry." She didn't want to be rude but she also wasn't one to avoid speaking her mind. "As for the question it depends on a lot of additional variables."

"How far are they apart, could the women and children swim to the other boat? How much time do we have for detonation? What happens if we don't chose one? Could this be waited out? Who's on the boats could one of them diffuse the bomb? The greatest strength to situations like this can easily be the very people in play. And finally am I able to go down there? With my abilities I might be able to clear a boat." There was no hesitance to her voice she would indeed be willing to put herself on the line to save these people.

"If all those things are futile however and I have to chose one here and now." Her hands fold around the man's right she wasn't going to accept full responsibility of pulling the trigger that was her one possible fault. "We take out the sick, what matters is the children. They've yet to experience life who is anyone to take those infinite possibilities from them?"

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_: "Hmm, your decision making is wise but, you make assumptions too quickly. Look at where we are, do you really think I'm some CEO. I'm faceless because I have no definitive face. Different people see me differently everywhere."

The figure held out his hands in a sort of take it all in manner.

"I am the Seventh and Gray King, the only king who was tasked with protecting this world from the sky's, making the hard decisions that no one else could make. While there were times when I needed to be there I couldn't. You are going to take up that mantle but, I have one last thing I must ask of you. Why do you want to be a queen? Do you really know what we stand for and are you willing to risk your life for it?"

Raven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

"It was an analogy I don't actually think your a CEO." She remarked before looking the faceless figure over again. "Of course fact still stands the faceless man is a face hard to trust. There's no amused smile no raised inquisitive brow nothing to give an idea of who you are. Would you trust the league of shadows? Or the man hiding in the dark and ranting about corruption?"

The expression of the Hadley's green eyes said she was almost offended by the question. "No, because I don't need to. I'm not here to replace you to walk in your shoes. My path is a diffrent current of wind, it's my own. I decided to step through that portal because I realized this beautiful world we're looking at from up here is in constant danger. This is my chance to take the power to attempt to make it less hazardous. I'm the Gray Raven Queen, not the Faceless Gray King who came before. I can't replace you there is only one of you all I can be is me." Raven continued her desire to be as free as she was inspired. Following another's path wasn't the way to see changes made, if every king and queen was going to be just like the last then Raven thought they should skip the foreplay and get to looking all over again.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_: "Then how do you expect me to hand you the powers and title of queen. No one says that you have to be the same as the previous but, if you want to receive the benefits you should at least know and understand why the Seven Kings do what we do. We didn't give up our lives to save the people, we gave them up to save the universe. The powers and corruption that Gods and Devils spread threatens everything, not just your family or the people around you. You wouldn't be a defender of the people you would be a defender of existence at it's core. You see only your world and seek to defend only that but there are darker evils that threaten all of existence. Would you simply sit by and let an entire species that isn't man be destroyed, or are you willing to be not just a queen but a defender of EVERYTHING THAT EXISTS RAVEN?"

Raven_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@below0gaming:

"Simmer down King Enigma." Raven remarked sarcastically at the increased tone. "I was listening okay. What may very well be the sources of creation can't be trusted in their internal struggle and may have caused the Big Bang. The kings and queens exist to safeguard creation. I look and take inspiration from this world, it's my home. This here is the kingdom of man a queen's heart bleeds most for her own people. That doesn't mean however that I care any less for a neighbor kingdom. If I can save a life I will, doesn't matter who or what they are." She was ready to take on the responsibility despite being a bit to independent and perhaps a bit over analytical she'd clearly put her life on the line for whomever and try to acess the situation before running in.

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raven_: "Then you pass, I was never one for giving big bad trials. You shall be granted my weapon, when you call it forth it shall appear and grant you complete control of the wind."

With that the king changed his shape from a faceless man to an old man of regal stature.

"I am the Seventh and Grey king. I shall pass my mantle on to you, go forth Raven Hadley as the New Seventh and Grey Queen."

Indestructible and can cut through anything that isn't indestructible.
Indestructible and can cut through anything that isn't indestructible.

With that the old man turned into a dagger and bonded with Raven's soul. She would be teleported back to the earth with her new title.