Ye who enter, abandon all hope.
Allow me to give you a bit o' backstory. Almost thirty years ago, 13 states banded together in the south to form an independent country, believing states rights, slavery, and many other beliefs the union didn't uphold to be a good reason to succeed. War raged on and on for years, and meanwhile up north people got sick and tired of the mutants and meta humans, their own almost hypocritical prejudice against meta humans, of which there was an influx in. They suddenly passed a registration law, requiring any kind of non human to register and report as a possible threat to the U.S., and agree to the possibility of being treated for the removal or suppression of their powers, and basically get treated lesser. If they didn't agree, they would face imprisonment or possibly death, which likely
Naturally, most of the mutants did not take this well (not to say that thousands complied for various reasons, and some maliciously attempted to help the enforcement of it), Rebellions and riots ruptured the north heavivly, taking focus away from the Confederacy (allowing them of course to go on numerous winning sprees, and to obtain more supplies).
Eventually the uprisings settled, The meta population realizing it was too costly, a great migration began to the south where Davis's boys with open arms were willing to put some grey on mutant backs, and some Sharps rifles in their hands.
This stretched out the war, making it long and bloody, Union scientists even working on an unreliable but still usable formula that could be coated on bullets, and when hit would nullify mutant powers...Sometimes. War was raging and things have not gotten better since, even worse, with distraction from the order and government men stretched high and low on both sides, roaming gangs and posses of Doc Holiday wannabe vigilantes and Jesse James inspired bank robbers, and many more archetypes traveled around the torn country, which didn't help the situation at all.
This brings us to this formerly quaint old town of Rattlestone, with a population of six hundred, it is an interesting town, brothels, mutants, saloons, and fighting galore, the Primary conflict going on between the thirty man gang led by the Bollard twins (Tom and Ren) and the local police led by Marshal Eric Leigh, who somewhat happens to use extra-ordinary measures in attempt to keep measure. The town is undecided in the civil war, it being a major point of strife and conflict as it being a heavivly mutant populated area, but also formerly controlled by the union. Nonetheless, this is a perfect time for a man or woman to get their gun, put on a hat, saddle up or whatever they need to get ready for some adventure.
- Before someone gets on my ass THIS IS NON-CANON TO ALL UNIVERSES.
- Let's be honest there is no noobies left, so the basic rules about selling and not wrecking the whole place, is just kinda waste of time to write. You know the drill
- No characters that are TOO powerful allowed, mutants are fine and encouraged if you wish (Hell if you can't come up with a character, maybe just try creating a western version of your own)
- This is an ongoing RPG that will have an event every few weeks, other then that really one big universe is contained in this thread, so feel free to start your own stories
- Everyone is free to join at any time, just leave a quick post in this thread before you do.
- RPG will be up very soon
- If you want to chatter and have GIF wars in the main thread, go ahead, just keep it to a limit and try to put it here or thoughty thoughts like everyone else.
And remember to keep you friend close and your guns closer!