Q: Superhumans in Government (CVnU)

Vici_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What are the United States Government policies on metahumans holding office? Are there any mutant senators, superhuman congressmen, etc.? Can they be police, or other federal employees?

Alix_Snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Great question.

I haven't put anything in canon about it, but far as I know the only thing stopping a natural born meta would be the stigma towards mutants and supes. If you can sell getting elected in spite of that, he'd better have a damn good campaign to overlook it. Or you could have a character pretend not to be, kinda like a closeted gay politician but for mutants.

Can they be cops or feds? Most def. Thomas's policies are all about bridging the gap between the norms and the meta/mutant community so he'd make it a point to get them into gov jobs.

Vici_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alix_snow: Thanks, that's all I wanted to know. I'd PM you about it, but I wanted to know if any other users had something to say.

(Demosthenes here)

Alix_Snow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vici_aurelius: All good. What account do you normally use as a main btw?

Vici_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alix_snow: I'd have to say the closest I have to a main is Shootout, but it has only ~260 or so posts. For over a year I used the umbrella account @Jack_ for all my characters, but I ended up switching back to alternates. I had over 2000 on the other.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vici_aurelius: Ah ok, yeah that Jack_ Account wasn't doing you justice man lol Knew you weren't new but couldn't place you.

Vici_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_: Yeah, I have that problem a lot too. My alt identification skills are lacking. As for abandoning that account, well, I think it worked out well.

_Envy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Envy for Secretary of Defense
Envy for Secretary of Defense

And then he slowly claws his way to the top and causes the collapse of an entire nation from the inside...Kinda like Greece....Too soon? lol

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_envy_:

Everyone knows your face though, you are naturally suspicious due to being a mutant and people will notice what you are doing and call you out on it.

Particularly me.

Your dreams are delicious.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Yeah Envy, plus nobody would elect you with that hair.

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_envy_:

Everyone knows your face though, you are naturally suspicious due to being a mutant and people will notice what you are doing and call you out on it.

Particularly me.

@_nox_ said:

Yeah Envy, plus nobody would elect you with that hair.

At least you're honest lol.

Hey, if Lex Luthor could be elected president in DC and an insane power crazed woman can take the oath of office in the CVnU, why can't Envy simply do something similar?!? lol

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:

Publicity.

You unmasked on public television and then lead a violent attack on New York and DC. You're pretty much an outlaw terrorist.

That and you're a mutant, so your powers are genetic. No one can exactly look at Clara and tell what her powers are from her blood because they are easier to hide.

Lex is a very smart human being with great publicity generally despite all of what he has done.

You, get in directly? Don't see it happening at all. People will out you immediately.

Though indirectly is another story.

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A 14 year old kid as a Prez!

Why not?

superstay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Haven't we had a metahuman president?

d?_?b

_Vex_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_vex_:

Publicity.

You unmasked on public television and then lead a violent attack on New York and DC. You're pretty much an outlaw terrorist.

That and you're a mutant, so your powers are genetic. No one can exactly look at Clara and tell what her powers are from her blood because they are easier to hide.

Lex is a very smart human being with great publicity generally despite all of what he has done.

You, get in directly? Don't see it happening at all. People will out you immediately.

Though indirectly is another story.

That was an awesome breakdown! This started out as sarcasm, but now I'm truly curious as how it would be possible for someone such as Envy to gain a political position despite what he's done because I know it's possible.

If anything, (not Envy per say) it would make for a great long term RP that could tie in to other stories if we had a known terrorist, or charismatic political figure with ulterior motives.

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@_vex_:

You still wouldn't get voted because of your hair.