Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

I know I know, it isn't really the same without my astounding (horrible) voice. But I really, REALLY need to get my opinion out there, microphone or not. So grab a hot or cold cup of whatever it is you people drink and enjoy the read (or not, this isn't CNN, im not forcing you to read this).

The hard goodbye.

I know some might not agree with me, but the "prime" vine universe is taking a dirt nap, and is this a bad thing? Absolutely not. The prime really needed this, I am not to sure if it will ever come back around but in the mean time, you lot have done a more then fantastic job at creating a whole new world (Aladdin song not intended). So if it is the case where the prime is at a point where it can't come back from? Goodbye, it was fun when it lasted but this new universe is just what the doctor ordered.

The brightest days, and the darkest Knights.

One of the things that brought me back from my writing coma (Induced by the tragic news of Hellblazer ending v_v) was the Knightfalls. Now of course they aren't the ONLY reason, but damn, this is one of the coolest things I have seen since Mike's run with the Harbingers under his belt. Character depth, progression and it's all very believable. This is what I love to see on the vine, good comic drama. I mean back when the underdogs was still around like...yeah almost a year ago, the whole M.O was that the team was a ticking time bomb, all the members were glued together for their own reasons. This was awesome, cool, and edgy. However, once it ran it's course and more teams sprouted, it was the same thing over again..And again...And AGAIN! That's when I realized, the underdogs were just really lucky, the thing that worked for them was the BANE for any other team! Everyone was tying to play the lone wolf on a team, and that's why we saw so many wither away. Like my "The dark tower" team, I tried my hardest to get a band of lone wolf types to click together but it was the same thing again, the I was trying to finish a puzzle with pieces from a completely different one.

But what makes the Knightfalls so different? Well they did what the Harbingers did, they gave a sh!t. From Beatrice's broken mind to Creed letting his dupes run just a little to rampant, there was always something going on that wasn't a big title RPG, the characters worked off eachother and that's what made it fun. This is EXACTLY what that brooding family has in common with that team. Ellie resenting Quintus just up and leaving to search for himself, causing poor little Thaddeus to become even more like the person he looked up to, it has good drama! The characters work of eachother in such a smooth way that not only is it fun to read, but damn im guessing it is fun to write! That's why alot of the nU is revolving around them right now, because they want a piece of the good stuff.

So gratz to the Knightfall family, im giving you the "team of the month award".

Getting my barrings.

Now that I got that out in the air, I think that's all I have right now. I just really wanted to commend what brought me back, but don't get filled with envy, other readers. There is something to be said to all of you that are helping the nU grow just by posting. I think this is the first in a long time I have seen the community so healthy, your getting along pretty well, you mingling with people you never usually did before the nU, it's all very good to see. So keep it up! Help out your fellow viner, bring them into an arc, I mean you never know, it could just become even more interesting to read that way.

I'm the Puzzler, and I save the world because nobody else will.

#1 Posted by The_House_of_L (906 posts) - - Show Bio

Thanks for the kind words.

#2 Posted by Surkit (11603 posts) - - Show Bio

lol good stuff man, you got a future in articles.

#3 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio

Could I resist? Nooooo.

#4 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: I knew it was only a matter of time before you said something.

#5 Posted by Ishin (6831 posts) - - Show Bio

Nice stuff man.

#6 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Puzzler: Aww. And I was saving that one for something special. Though to be honest I was waiting on you. That's quite childish of you.
#7 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: Waiting on me? Please Homes, you took a year and a half hiatus!

#8 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Puzzler said:

@SurelockeHomes: Waiting on me? Please Homes, you took a year and a half hiatus!

...As if He was ever active!

HA *Hi Fives*

But on to the Blog, Good Stuff!. I Haven't Read the Knightfalls, Simply because I ain't got a clue to start or any knowledge about them, But that has to change.

And Yeah I like the NU, I Just can't ever seem to write in it.

#9 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Puzzler: Was it that long? Well, the reason for that is obvious.

Kidding. However, I'm fairly certain you were gone just as long as I was.
#10 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: Maybe a shade under ;) And I haven't really been "gone". I have been reading, watching o_o

#11 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666: @The_Puzzler:
I feel like I'm being ganged up on. You're bullies and I'm a poor child fighting for my...vacation rights.
#12 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: What happened to your grit, Homes? Do you really feel ganged up on or have you just lost a bit of your stern during the holiday?

#13 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Puzzler: Now, now. When have you ever known me to actually feel anything?
#14 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes: Many times, actually.

#15 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@The_Puzzler: It was all a lie, obviously.
#16 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes said:

@The_Puzzler: Now, now. When have you ever known me to actually feel anything?

Wait...YOU'RE A ROBOT.

#17 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666: Even better. I'm a zyglotrophodynicalyte.
#18 Posted by The_Puzzler (6455 posts) - - Show Bio

@SurelockeHomes said:

@shadowknight666: Even better. I'm a zyglotrophodynicalyte.

Now just give Cain a moment to google that..

#19 Posted by _Cain_ (23670 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Puzzler: @SurelockeHomes: Uhhh...Ummmm....

WHY ARE YOU NERDS BULLYING ME!? :O

#20 Posted by SurelockeHomes (2195 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666: