Public Technology?

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

I'm sorry if this has been done. In my defense I used the search function before mindlessly banging my head on my keyboard to somehow make coherent sentences. 

Comic Vine is a universe of amazing, technological advancements . Heroes have gone on adventures to the stars, far beyond the moon or mars.Some have futuristic planes, and structures to live in. Vaccine to heal that broken spine of yours? No problem. Well except for just one. A lot of these advancements seem to be privatized.

It occurred to me that I wasn't really sure what new technologies of the Vine were in public use. Do people have jet packs instead of cars now? Dunno, I just assumed they had cars. Has anybody made robotic prosthetics open to the general public? Who knows. My point is that, at least I am not aware of any public technological advancements that have happened on the Vine, if any. 

Another thing is if every advancement in tech is all privatized,  why, and how? Wouldn't it be cool to have space tourism (as in people paying to go on a flight through the solar system) or to have paraplegics being able to walk again with some sort of spinal attachment, or "robot pants"? I kind of want new, and better skyscrapers being made, and maybe even a new culture coming into this world. Why not?

As for how, I mean how has their been so little advancement when there has been so much tech delivered to our doorstep? There's Champion right there with great technology. Right there! They have a robot T-rex, and everything. Sure I could see Champion City being the only city with this tech... Until they become overpopulated. Can't the some cities be upgraded a little? 

This could also be applied to the military as well. There have been a few characters who own companies that build tech for military use. For example, Stark Enterprises, who've made suits to ensure our soldiers safety. What else is there? I want to know. If I'm fighting the army, am I going up against guys with pistols, and machine guns, or guys with a heavy set of power armor, and laser eyes. 

So yeah. This is all really about having a little continuity, and this thing does have more of a purpose than just my thoughts.

I want to use this thread to give everyone an idea of what tech is out there, and refer to this when they're writing a post, and not sure of the world they're in (unless its a world they've made up ). Maybe even put tech that everyone thinks should be made public. Sound good?

Once again, I apologize if this has been done before. 

PS: This may or may not make sense, be perfect, and/or have any real point.

Public Tech

No Caption Provided
Oggers: More potent than a love potion , more trustworthy than cupid's arrow, more easy than love letters. Let me introduce to you the classic caveman's club, a multipurpose tool that is suited for hunting and romance. It is the must have item for troubled men, it forms both deep and meaningful connection between couples. Simply give your get this nice blunt object to smack your dear beloved's head then drag her body into your cave. A great and effective age old technique since dawn of time, now go and find the love of your life!  

They also work on pesky boyfriends and husbands should they get in the way.

Military Tech

No Caption Provided
Carrondium armor Mark I: "The safety of our troops is now guaranteed with the introduction of the Carrondium armor Mark I. The high tech organic fibers of the armor can with stand impact from the highest caliber weapon, a blast of any material at point blank range. The carrondium's natural properties boost the wearer's perception and physical attributes, turning the weak into the strong. With built in comm frequencies, radars, and data systems our soldiers will be prepared for the worst. Starks Enterprises has changed the face of War. And hopefully, we shall bring about peace with it" - Ethan Starks

Off-World Tech

Empyrean Carpus:  A wrist communicator found on the planet Cerulan. This communicator not only tunes into any Earth frequency, it is also a mini computer and versatile control panel.

Law-Enforcement Tech

Privatized Tech

No Caption Provided
 Longshot's eyepiece : The Longshot eyepiece is based on state of the art military technology. There is a set of goggles out there that can switch between night vision, thermal imaging, x ray still camera, regular still camera and normal clear as day vision. However,  Longshot's eyepiece is the only known version of that technology that is compacted into that size.

No Caption Provided
Andferne's High Tech Visor: The main feature of this device is to help Andy control his beams. But over time more gadgets and devices were implemented into it. One of which is a sound emitter that increase or decrease the sound waves of objects. This feature when increase helps him to hear so keenly that he can hear the subtle changes in one's heart rate, and even the sweat dripping down someones cheek. When lowered it protects his ear drums from sonic disturbances. A state of the art targeting system has been incorporated into it which grants him spatial perception on a superhuman level. Giving him near perfect aim and an uncanny sense of trigonometry. With this he can predict the position of superhuman speedsters with enough accuracy to tag them with his blasts. Other additions to this unique visor are various visions. Such as X-ray vision, microscopic vision, and telescopic vision as well as night vision. The visor also holds a motion camera which let's him not only record what he sees, but play them over again or even enhance them. It also contains a direct up-link to his own database which he continuously feeds information to. The last addition is more of a luxury, an MP3 player. 

No Caption Provided

Valkyrie: "VAL" is an extension of EVE the AI that runs Champion City, VAL is a motorbike system that can also transform into a suit for MR, the suit is also available through a wrist device that MR wears at all times. The Cuffs are activated using nano tech that MR can access using her Technopath powers connecting with VAL.

The Motorbike can operate on its own as a weapon, with full mechanical weaponry attached

M.A.X. (Man Amplified eXperimental): (has the potential to become military tech) Mark 5. Some systemry is analogous to the Iron Man suit and previous M.A.X units simplified for human use, though it's nowhere near as armored. Light to medium vibranium/carbonadium weave, with light armorplates in tactically vulnerable areas. Tactical combat sensor overlay, night vision capability, microcommunications array. No inherent weaponry or flight capabitity

Illegal Tech

The Horizon pill: Horizon also gave all their members performance enhancing drugs, which they also sold on the black market. When the drug is taken it sharpens the users senses, reflexes and agility. Their sight is vastly improved and they able to hear a pin drop from over a hundred yards.  The drugs take their consumers to the peak of physical fitness. They become fast, nimble and able to jump nearly eight feet straight up. The drug has the unfortunate side-effect of horribly disfiguring the consumers skin when they stop using them. 
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#2  Edited By Mr. Mercury

Julius got an Empyrean Carpus wrist device from the planet Cerulan. Where would that go?

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Mr. Mercury: Hah, fine. I'll put a section up for off world tech :P
Avatar image for morgaine_levesque
Morgaine_Levesque

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Morgaine_Levesque

Oooooooooh. Maybe an Alien/Extraterrestrial/Off-World tech section?

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Mr. Mercury: There you go :)
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

Also adding law-enforcement technology, and privatized tech which can have a habit of falling into the wrong hands.

Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Mr. Mercury
@_Marco_Smith_:  Cool, man.
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By The_Assassin_
@_Marco_Smith_: Keresh Military equipment, ships, battle armor, etc
The_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

#9  Edited By The_Martian

The whole earth should be running around with Lantern Rings by now :P

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Nobody: I know right? Where the heck is my teleportation device? I gotta get to work before the rush :P
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Mikepool: May I have a link to something that explains their tech?
The_Assassin_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By The_Assassin_
@_Marco_Smith_: It's in the works, I'll give you a link when it's finished. 
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Mikepool: Cool. Just want to help people as much as possible in case they want to use tech from the Keresh, or want to use em as bad guys or something like that.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

So far this seems to not have been done before :D

.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By .Longshot.

The Longshot eyepiece is based on state of the art military technology. There is a set of goggles out there that can switch between night vision, thermal imaging, x ray still camera, regular still camera and normal clear as day vision. However,  Longshot's eyepiece is the only known version of that technology that is compacted into that size.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@.Longshot.: I'll put Longshot's as privatized. Would you mind if I put that drug that Horizon uses in there as well?
Avatar image for deactivated-5ab1ccc482197
deactivated-5ab1ccc482197

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In the mainstream Vine Nighthunter was recognized to have created a number of items. Especially for Andy. One of which was his custom built Visor. He also created Andy's suit and energy shield.

High Tech Visor: The main feature of this device is to help Andy control his beams. But over time more gadgets and devices were implemented into it. One of which is a sound emitter that increase or decrease the sound waves of objects. This feature when increase helps him to hear so keenly that he can hear the subtle changes in one's heart rate, and even the sweat dripping down someones cheek. When lowered it protects his ear drums from sonic disturbances. A state of the art targeting system has been incorporated into it which grants him spatial perception on a superhuman level. Giving him near perfect aim and an uncanny sense of trigonometry. With this he can predict the position of superhuman speedsters with enough accuracy to tag them with his blasts. Other additions to this unique visor are various visions. Such as X-ray vision, microscopic vision, and telescopic vision as well as night vision. The visor also holds a motion camera which let's him not only record what he sees, but play them over again or even enhance them. It also contains a direct up-link to his own database which he continuously feeds information to. The last addition is more of a luxury, an MP3 player.

_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Alurvelve: I'm assuming it's privatized?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Marco_Smith_: The Visor itself was custom built. So it is. Yes.
But I'd think Nighthunter would of ended up using some sort of tech to sell. Otherwise I don't know how he made his millions. lol
Now that I mention it. He might even have some stuff set up for Nano-technology. But I doubt it would be available for public access. Possible just military. If that.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By _Marco_Smith_

lol, I'll add the visor under privatized, and Nighthunter nano-tech under military with the description of "use your imagination".

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_Marco_Smith_: Nano-tech is what his suit was made from. If I recall correctly he even made a similar suit for Eclipse.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Alurvelve: Ah. I should probably add the suit(s) under privatized just to be safe then.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Alurvelve: Added your visor. Just so yah know.
.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By .Longshot.
@_Marco_Smith_: Yep. Go ahead.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@.Longshot.: Which would you say it is?
.Longshot.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By .Longshot.
@_Marco_Smith_: Illegal Tech
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@.Longshot.: Cool.
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 18

#28  Edited By Nerx
@_Marco_Smith_:  what about ancient technology

More potent than a love potion , more trustworthy than cupid's arrow, more easy than love letters. Let me introduce to you the classic caveman's club, a multipurpose tool that is suited for hunting and romance. It is the must have item for troubled men, it forms both deep and meaningful connection between couples. Simply give your get this nice blunt object to smack your dear beloved's head then drag her body into your cave. A great and effective age old technique since dawn of time, now go and find the love of your life!  

They also work on pesky boyfriends and husbands should they get in the way.

Public Tech

Give her that great valentine's gift
Give her that great valentine's gift
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Nerx: Can I call it Nerx's patented club?
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

MR and Sov both have power suits ALA Iron Man

Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Nerx
@_Marco_Smith_:  
Lets just say I found it, why not call it Oggers? (since that may be the caveman that invented it)
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@.Mistress Redhead.: Okey dokey. I'll raid yous twos bios in a sec.

Hrrrm. Not much public tech floating around.
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@Nerx: @.Mistress Redhead.: Added :D
Nerx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Nerx
@_Marco_Smith_
woohoo, will add moar stuff
ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#35  Edited By ChrisAngel

M.A.X. (Man Amplified eXperimental) Mark 5. Some systemry is analogous to the Iron Man suit and previous M.A.X units simplified for human use, though it's nowhere near as armored. Light to medium vibranium/carbonadium weave, with light armorplates in tactically vulnerable areas. Tactical combat sensor overlay, night vision capability, microcommunications array. No inherent weaponry or flight capabitity (can be installed if necessary, but with his powers, largely unnecessary)
_Marco_Smith_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By _Marco_Smith_
@ChrisAngel: I'm assuming privatized?
ChrisAngel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#37  Edited By ChrisAngel

Potentially military tech, but the Mark 5 is at present the only one of its like.
Mattersuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Mattersuit

My alt Sideslash, a billionaire weapons manufacturer (the first one to make a Tony Stark comment is going to get a kick in the nuts) is creating a military missile system called "Judas", and has built a teleport network between his places of business.

WAL has the DOVE gates, too.

FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By FALLENprophet
@Mattersuit
Didn't Tony Stark do that XD
Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By Sideslash
@FALLENprophet: Uh...no... Kicks him in the nuts.
FALLENprophet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By FALLENprophet
@Sideslash
Falls to the ground thinking, "Totally worth it."
Sideslash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Sideslash
@FALLENprophet: Next time I'll use the amount force it takes to flatten a mountain.
Gibbet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Gibbet

@_Marco_Smith_:

Privatized Tech

Neuro EMP - It is the effective choice when dealign with pesky mentalists, a flip of the switch can fry the bio-circuitry in their brains. The gadget however is unsuitable for human usage because it has a certain range limit that will cause feedback that will disrupt the user as well. It is advised to also purchase the Neural Protector, which is currently only sold in limited numbers. The Neuro EMP is a good product for close quarters engagements with powerful beings or annoying government politicians trying to ruin your market expansion. Anyone caught in the perimeter would have their though process scrambled, prolonged usage may cause irreversible (with few exceptions) damage to the brain. It works wonders against beings without physical form that depend on their consciousness to bond their form together, numerous experimentations have shown lethal effects. It is popularly used as a grenade of sorts.

Just
Just
That
That

Here is an example

kuma_far

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By kuma_far

My character haves a lot of Technology created by a Shady corporation named Brahma Labs, I was planning to make a blog about The corporation and it's technology

RumbleMan_Exe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about magic?

a magi of sufficient skill can summon and invoke my powers