• 84 results
Shadowstep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By Shadowstep

"We have uncovered a few things about Cifer that you need to know and are not going to make you a very happy man. For starters the DNA tests were read wrong, Cifer is not a Primera nor is he even a part of the same species as you. We learned this after reviewing the tests and learning that the person who ran them immediately jumped to conclusions when he saw that there were some aspects of Cifer's DNA that were remarkably similar to those of a Primera." Agent Valentine, the telepath who had been the first to experiment on Cifer, stopped for a moment as she noted CORE Director Dallan's fuming reaction to these latest updates concerning Cifer. "We also did some in-depth research concerning the so-called Primera known as Shifā Lorkaine-Raezelas Arkinoue and as it turns out Cifer and Shifā are two completely different people. In fact, Shifā was a woman and she was an advocate for The Décima Generation Equal Rights Movement not The Multi-Generation Equal Rights Movement. She mysteriously vanished while making her way through The Aranko Nebula about thirty-one years prior to The Aranko Ambush and was pronounced dead shortly after. The dossier filled with information on the circumstances surrounding her alleged death was filled out wrong, she was accidentally marked down as a male and then her information was placed on the confirmed deceased list for a group of Primera who were killed when the warp core of a star cruiser heading to an outpost near Rinavera-Prime exploded in the same general portion of The Aranko Nebula where she had vanished." 

By the time Agent Valentine had stopped speaking, Dallan's face was beat red and his eyes were filled with rage, what were the chances that a mistake of this magnitude would actually happen in his lifetime? He wanted to yell and scream and trash his office and then kill Cifer while he was still asleep but luckily the professional side of him held strong as he opened his mouth to speak. "Okay...then what the Hell is he?"

"Cifer Arokine is a sentient multipurpose genetically-engineered weapon of mass destruction. He's almost like Laura Greystroke in many respects. He was built specifically for killing and he has a unique array of abilities which allow him to complete multiple tasks, most of which are impossible for any normal human being to accomplish. However...Cifer's creators were thinking on a much larger scale when they engineered him. They wanted to see what the next evolutionary step up was for living weapons such as Laura Greystroke and they ended up with Cifer Arokine, the destroyer of worlds." Agent Valentine explained.

"He...he can destroy entire worlds?" Dallan asked in a rather nervous tone of voice.

Agent Valentine shook her head. "No, that was just a term to describe the nature of his original defining purpose in life: to travel from one planet to the next annihilating all intelligent life and make room for the colonizers who followed in his wake. However, before his creators were able to use him in such a capacity someone programmed an artificial conscience and false memories into his mind, thus making him believe he was a real person. However, his original programming began to conflict with this third-party software and eventually caused massive brain damage that rendered him completely useless to his creators but useful in other capacities to different sorts of people."

"What do you mean?"

"Do I really have to spell it out for you? What is the main reason for CORE's existence aside from universal conquest?"

"To engineer an army of emotionless superhuman soldiers from the DNA sequences of a select few of Earth's mightiest super-powered individuals such as The Hunter, Lady Tlieso, Gambler, Light, Kiara Sullivan and so on and so forth."

"But in order to engineer this army you have to capture the individuals whose DNA sequences you require for doing so and right now, as it is, there is only one being in this entire complex powerful enough to even get within reaching distance of those individuals and he is currently laying dead asleep on an operating table waiting to be reactivated. Do you understand the words that are coming out of my mouth or do I need to telepathically burn them into your brain?! Use Cifer in the way he is supposed to be used...as a WEAPON!"

"I am sorry but I don't think..." Before Dallan could say anything else Agent Valentine pulled out her silencer and shot Dallan in the forehead.

"I should have done that years ago. You never deserved this job in the first place. You wasted so much of The United Nation's money doing whatever it took to satisfy the needs of your species without giving the rest of us anything in return. With you death that all ends now. I am taking control of The CORE, not Senna and I am going to use Cifer Arokine's power to fulfill the promise we made to The United Nations and the duties they gave us when The CORE was first assembled." Agent Valentine said to the corpse of Dallan before activating the intercom on his desk. "Attention all CORE personnel, this is the current Head of Weapons Research and Development speaking. Via intercom I am here to inform you that Dallan Minos is no longer amongst the living and that starting right now I, Melony Valentine, will be taking over as Director of CORE. That is all."

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 18

#52  Edited By talon_x23

“At times, you are indebted to make a choice. Sometimes you will not be sure if it is the right one. Though I know where my place lies…it lies with my father…with the Lycans, as Princess. No…my place…I don’t know where my place is any more.” These thoughts ran through the mind of the almost seventeen year old girl know as Laura Greystoke. A troubled young teenage beyond any one’s help. There had been many attempts to retract her from the darkness that she would dwell  in, but they all had failed. So many hands outstretched toward her. So many friendships that she had turned down.

As she sprinted off to the Wolf Pack manor located on the off ground of NYC. She began having second thoughts about her decision. Was it really the best thing to leave her father and her team mates just   to go after a group for personal vendetta? These thoughts and doubts caused her to slow pace, until she eventually stopped all together. As she paused her raven locks blew in the recent gush of wind that over took her. A slight shiver ran though her body as she sniffed the air trying to figure out who was there and who was not.

“Tenjin” The demonic mighty warrior. He had been apart of the team for some times though mostly remaining in the shadow. She had never really encountered him let alone speak with him.   “Stryke” The recent adaptation to the team, he appeared to Talon as nothing but a mere weakling due to the fact that he unlike the other team mates had not taken a life though she would be willing to do it again. No he was still at the beginning of the journey that Talon started years ago. She cuold only hope he’d make it though this fight unharmed.

And then a scent appeared in her nose that made her froze all of a sudden as she whispered “Angle..” Shaking her head trying to regain her composure she sniffed again trying to make sure she was correct…she was. Hawk, the once known ICE Dragon, she could smell from his scent he was in battle. He was….defending her father and his team? But why? What made him do this? Her questions soon disappeared as memories of her past flooded her mind. Memories that where painful and overwhelming.

Past

He was trapped she needed to get him out. She needed to stop his pain. He was going through this because of her. As she fought her way through the many guards that swarmed the area   she could see that they where attempting to open the door. Not having much time she ran over to containment that held her angel as she unleashed both her claws and drove them into the consol. More watts of electricity flowed through her as she let out a scream of pain falling to her knees but never removing her hands. She wanted his pain to stop and she’d do that.  She could not watch his suffer, she cared about him…the being that captured her that forced her t endure this torture she cared for him….more than she knew she was capable of.

As the large metallic doors began to part gun fire was thrown at her once more hitting her three times in the back. But she didn’t move she needed to brake it! In a crazed rage she leapt at the main computer and drove her claws into it. But as she tried she realized that the security on his was far greater than hers and they obviously didn’t want him out. Eventually as a last resort knowing it to be pointless she wildly sliced the glass with her blood stricken hands and claws trying to break it but knowing it would not work. By this time tears where streaming down her cheeks as she shouted in desperation “Let him out! Let the Seraph out! Please! Don’t hurt my Angel!” but as her strength began to fade with in her she fell to her knees crying. Broken and had lost.(More info go here)

Present

She almost lost her balance as she staggered to regain it. She hated when that would happen. When you keep memories suppressed with in you, the moment they return it hurts like hell and the pain…the emotional pain was unable to comprehend for her. And at that point she would have changed her mind. She would have ran back after her father to go protect him but that’s when she got her scent. A low growl resonated from deep with in her throat as she clenched her fist and her claws soon emerged from them. “Lady Tlieso…” with that her eyes darted over to NYC as an uneasiness over came her.

“What use does he have for me when she’s with him?” and with that out of the anger in her heart she ran, ran as fast as she could. There was no looking back because now his life was in her hands. There was no need for Talon to be present if her father’s attachment as present. Any way she was sure that the moment Hunter discovered her presence he will no longer pay any attention to her, or to her mission. As she ran her bare feet scraped against the harsh ground, she could feel that rain fall was about to commence. Entering the entangled forest, she continued her brisk pace. Though brambles and throes brushed against her skin and dew blood she didn’t care.

Talon was a very unemotional person on the outside. Never the less any thing that involved her…”Mistress” Lady Tlieso could always bring out the worst in this girl. Not to mention that she hated and despised that woman with all of her being. She only pretended to adjust just for her father’s sake. But now…if she was ever to encounter that whore she’d kill her. She was honestly sure that she would at least attempt to kill that woman! It was not because Miss Tlieso was a villain it went much deeper. It was sometimes like Joseph back in the bible. Talon was jealous! Jealously that this girl had promised herself not to feel, she was feeling it.

As the Wolf Pack manor came into view the scent of the CORE only grew stronger and the rage in her heart built to a point where the slightest things would piss her off. She stopped before she went any nearer to the mansion to think for a moment and try to cool herself off. So consumed in her anger she was unable to detect the presence of an unlikely guardian sneaking up behind her. “Laura!” Isaac said standing behind. On hearing his voice she raised her arm behind her smacking Isaac in the face and pushing him down. Noticing this she spun around and let out a sigh.

But before she could speak he spoke for her “Why do you have to go and do that!” she smiled slightly and crouched down staring him in the eyes for a moment “Because…I don’t give a damn” with that she stood up and walked toward the mansion. Isaac, was Talon guardian that the council had elected to watch over and Gemini, her supernatural weapon of light and darkness. But with the recent events that had occurred she was no longer the bearer and he was now a mortal being for his treachery in Saving Talon from the pits of hell and giving her back her soul.

“Laura” she heard his voice call after once more. Not stopping she answered “What is it!?” Isaac wasted no time in his answer and stated “They have Shadowstep!” On that moment she froze her eyes widened in shock as her attention was drawn to the massive hold in Shadowstep’s wall along with the scent of the CORE agents laced on it. After a few moments she said to Isaac in a low monotonous voice. “Isaac..get out of here…now. If you encounter any one who enquires about me tell them I am dead.” Before Isaac could object which she knew he would. She turned facing him as she whispered  “Transportēt” with that Isaac that moment disappeared and Talon could return to her mission. She had told him what she did because if she failed…she’d make sure she would die.

Power’s that Talon contained where multiple. Some she had gained with birth like her claws, her feral instincts, along with her animal agility, speed ect. And other’s she had gained:   Vibranium skeleton, Lycanthropy. And other’s she had gained through supernatural means of her existence and those power’s remained a secret…to every one including her. As the thought of the CORE getting a hold of one of her team mates specially Shadowstep, caused her to feel pain. This was her fault and if it was not she’d make it her fault. Enraged with Anger she let out a roar as her voice echoed off the emptiness. And as she did the roar turned into a scream “SHADOWSTEP!!!!!!!” 

But as she did her phone that she usually kept on her began to beep meaning that there was a message. Snapping out of her state of mind she listened to the message, it was from Sylver "Umm...hey, Laura.  It's me, Sylver.  Listen...I was just wondering....ya know...what's been up?  I don't know.  It's just that lately I've been having this bad feeling that something's wrong out there.  Has anything happened?  Call me back when--"  The voice stopped. Curiosity soon over took her as she noticed another message and quickly listed to it.  "Laura, we need to talk.  I just heard what happened on the radio.  Tell me where you are.  I'm coming." With that Laura lowered the phone and let a sigh escape her as she diled the number and left a message "Sylver this is Talon...I can;t tell you where I am or what I'm about to do...the path ahead of me it clear and I don't need you getting hurt again because of me..please know I hold you in the highest esteem. I'm sorry but some things need to be done along. I'll miss you good friend and hopefully I'll...not die..Talon over and out"

With that she turner her head toward the congested forest set before her. There was no doubt in her mind, she was going after him and she would save him. With out even a moment to catch her breath she was off once again. Racing through the forest but she needed to go faster. Taking into consideration she was a Lycan she would simply have to transform into her wolf like appearance and run. As she ran her heart beat sped up as she began the transformation. As she did her nails grew out in length, as hair began to sprout forth from her skin. Soon enough she was running on all fours though the forest.

There was always a feeling of peace that would over take her when she was in this form. Her mind would clear itself as she could finally be at peace but for a moment. Following the scent of the CORE agents she soon found their base, though most of it like most based where set underground. There was part of it protruding from it. Slowly she walked down the steep passage toward the base. She decided to remain in her wolf for, for in that way she would be able to probably get through simpler than if she was Laura Greystoke. There where two guards at the main entrance due to the face that the door’s concealing the base  where pure Adamatium there was probably no need for a whole platoon.

Before the guayds knew what hit them she lunged at the on swiftly ripping his throat with her dagger shark teeth. The other guard out of fear swore as he tried to load his gun. But before he could even lay down a shot she was on him as her claws dug into his chest and she swiftly severed hi head. Licking the blood from her paws she turned her feral eyes toward the massive door. Though before she could think up a lace the doors began to part. Quickly she got into an attack position as she soon saw that the battalion of men where waiting for her. With out hesitation she leaped through the gap in the door before it was open entirely. The first man met his end swiftly as she ripped his guts out. The good thing about being in Lycan form was there was not many ways of killing someone. She would either use her talons and jab then into her enemies chest and then use it to decapitate them. Or she would take the more animal approach and use her teeth to dig into their flesh. The latter was the one she enjoyed more. In that attack she could taste her opponents blood and they would scream much, much more.

As she darted to her right taking the one man by surprise she sliced off his shoulder and proceeded to puncture his stomach with her claws. Her objective though was not to slaughter every one….it was to save Shadowstep. But she soon forgot about that the moment she killed the first agent. Her anger boiled to a point of overflowing until she knew that she needed to retract herself from the battle and stop wasting time. Leaving the dead caucuses behind her she raced through the metal hall way and ducked into a storage room. With that she slowly took on the form of her human appearance once more….though stained grievously with blood and her clothes mostly torn.

Getting to her feet it took her a few moments to regain her bearings as she brushed aside her tangled locks of hair. Her emerald jade eyes soon returned to her as she knew time was short. Pushing the door aside she began to run, as fast as her feet could carry her. These bases where huge and she knew that she was either going to fight her way to her team mate or just make sure he could hear her so she could call back. Though as she cried out his name and ran, killing all that got to much in her path there was a fear in her mind. A Voice whispering telling her something over and over and over. The voice whispered “Your too late”…

power surge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By power surge

“Hello, my name is Avery Spottswood, otherwise known as Slight. This is Magick co leader along with me of the New Outsiders.

As you may know, the Wolf Pack, a group of renegade so called heroes have killed a United Nations member. The actions taken by their leader is inexcusable, and should be penalized to the highest extent.

However, I, we are not the ones who will be persecuting the team. There are already numerous real heroes on the job. What we are all here today for is one reason and one reason alone. The New Outsiders have been waiting for a chance to show the world that we can be just as good, if not better than what is currently offered. The New Outsiders are here to now take the place where the Wolf Pack left off, and do a better job. Their elusive and covert ways are no longer acceptable in this world of demanded transparency.

We promise that when we start our newly authorized patrols of this city, and the state, we will answer to the people, and we will protect you all from criminals in the wild and unruly Wolf Pack.

Thank you, and Good Evening.”

Wes, who wanted to make sure that nothing happened to slight called on chaos " Chaos I want you to hide up on top of the mansion where you can keep an eye on slight, I have a bad feeling about this"  " fine I'll keep an eye on him. why do I always have to do..." chaos mumbled as he flew up and landed where he could keep an eye on slight. Upon seeing that chaos was in position, Wes walked out  of the shadows where he was hiding and walked up to slight "Nice speech, by the way whats our next move going to be bro?"     "next we need to get the wolf pack and find out what's going on" "wait what some of my friends are in the wolf pack" Wes said  then after waiting three seconds he said "alright I'll go along just as long as nobody gets hurt"

Stryke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#54  Edited By Stryke

New York Streets

In the middle. That's how Stryke felt. Like he was in the middle of something he could have easily avoided. However, he was unwaveringly devoted to the Hunter and Wolf Pack. Even if he had mixed emotions for their actions; he wouldn't let the Wolf Pack members die in front of him, not now and probably not ever. He couldn't let that be on his conscious, knowing that he walked out on the people who had allowed him to become a part of their family.  He shuddered as he saw the dead bodies of both sides. He could see it, the Hunter captured and studied. His Lycan brethren hunted and killed. William's daughter, Laura, also brought before the UN and prosecuted. The rest of the members either hiding, captured, or already hunted and killed and left where they were. Stryke could and would never let that happen. He would be disgusted with himself. That wasn't why he got into the business, not to see others wrongfully assaulted for crimes that were expertly planned or were an unfortunate accident. Right now though, Stryke couldn't save anyone, he need to save himself first.

The helicopter still roared overhead. It was menacing, the jet black metal and the extremely deafening rotors made it seem like a big bully picking on a little kid. The pilot inside was still trying to get him, the Hunter, and the rest of the team to raise the white flag in defeat. The snipers were all over the roofs, the soldiers were plowing out of vehicles and at the ready. The civilians in the area had been rushed, or rather pushed and shoved, away. The pilot was thinking about numbers, not skill though. Yes, Wolf Pack was surrounded, but they had the combined skill to kill everyone if they wanted. Stryke knew the Hunter would never surrender anyways. The man was a Lycan, a half man half wolf. There was no way he would just give up without a fight, his instinct made him want to tear things limb from limb. Stryke was glad for that; this was a prime reason for the Hunter to use his ferocious tendencies.  

Stryke didn't think he was going to be able to fight innocent people merely following the orders of their superiors. They were just pawns in the mysterious J1nx's plan. Just tools to win and show the public and other countries that the 'government' was responding accordingly to the death of a UN Councilwoman. Stryke didn't know if he could hold back his inner 'hero,' protecting and not hurting. But when the Hunter embraced the simple words,"Shield yourselves!," he lost all emotional feeling for the men around him. Every soldier had a big bulls-eye on him, so he now had a big bulls-eye on them. His heroic mind was deteriorating from a whole other problem. Death. This was a matter of survival of the fittest. Finally his mind shut down and turned back on in survival mode. Now he was noticing every little thing, every detail; every open area, every weapon in the soldiers' very different hands, every loose article that he could use against his enemies. 

A few flash bangs detonated around the team.  "Let's move!," the Hunter yelled. Stryke could see a sniper on the roof a building. That's going to need to be dealt with, he thought ferociously.  His priority right now though was finishing off a few of the ground troops that were caught off guard. Stryke himself wasn't necessarily blinded because of his visor. Although he was pretty aggravated, Stryke moved into the fray rather quickly. He was a scrapper and a brawler after all. No sense in spending his time shooting people with concussive blasts. Within seconds his left hand wrenched a gun from out of a soldier's hands and Stryke quickly wrapped his arms around the man's neck. In less than thirty seconds he was out, knocked unconscious from the loss of air. Stryke released. No need for a dead, bloated man, he thought. Stryke threw the man's weapon to the floor with a sneer.The hunted fallen hero had embraced the thing the Hunter, William Greystroke, had embraced a long time ago. Stryke finally let his animal instincts control. The man on the roof was aiming towards the Hunter. Now he was angry, the man was so afraid of the werewolf that he would rather get a cheap shot! Stryke let a blast from his visor towards a sniper on the roof of an old, out-dated Victorian building that had been converted into a Washington Mutual. It was practically just bricks and well-crafted wood and molding. It had some work done, but not enough to keep it 'modern.' Something very different from the metal, state-of-the-art glass, and cement that were surrounding it. Stryke just felt that that would be the first building to go in the ensuing fight, might as well take it out now. A sniper, his bulls-eye, was using it as cover anyways. 

The ten foot wide by one foot in length blast erupted from his eyes. The ruby quartz colored became distinctive as it rushed through the air and collided with the building. The bricks crumpled into tinier, but still medium-sized, pieces that crumpled to the ground and hit a few soldiers in the process. At the moment the blast collided with the sniper, he flew back into the air and out of sight. Stryke assumed he had probably ended up on the other side of the building since the side he'd been was completely gone. Stryke turned around only to see the helicopter crash to the barren (besides a group of soldiers) ground. Stryke winced as he witnessed the helicopter crash into the men and combusted. Instantly every man there was burned alive like a piece of steak. Those who didn't got hit by the large shards of rotor that were flying around like bullets. One man managed to escape, but he was set on ablaze and running around. His black S.W.A.T uniform was charred and still burning. His clothing was burning off of him. In hysteria the man ran into a wall and then collapsed. Who had caused that? Stryke looked around; he knew the Hunter wasn't holding out. He didn't have telekinetic powers! Stryke looked up and then saw an angel.

An angel by the rights of wings, but not by acts. Hawk. He'd sensed the man in the area, but then again he knew a lot of the superheroes and villains were around. The man had just killed everyone on the ground around the crash! He probably didn't even care at all. Just another few casualties. Inside though, Stryke died a little. This wasn't what he wanted to be known as. Just another killer found pardoned because he'd been 'tricked.' Stryke let out a deep breath. He glanced at the man who had collided with the wall of a building. He was unmoving. Stryke could feel his pain. Just by watching. Seeing the pain. Stryke whispered to himself, "God bless you. Man, boy, pawn, or not. No one deserves a death such as th-." Then a bullet from a sniper collided with Stryke's back, hitting him right between the shoulder blade and the area in which his heart was supposed to be. Stryke fell forward. His internal clock slowed. He could only think a few words as he slowly fell. His face hit the ground hard and he lie there. 

At first he was unmoving. Just like the police man lying near the building.

But then his body began to breath. Stryke opened his eyes. His visor was still on but there was this stabbing pain in his back. The advantage of a Vibranium super suit; bullets were just bitches you could pimp slap. Stryke got up slowly to look around at the carnage. Then he noticed a S.W.A.T officer using pistol aimed at him. Stryke put his hands up in a sign of surrender. Then as quickly he put his left hand and fired a blast. It hit the man straight across the chest. Knocking him back and leaving him on the floor near a dead body. Stryke looked around and saw the Hunter leaving the area. He staggered forward before barreling towards the man to catch up. Animal instinct wanted him to stay, but his thoughts said get the hell out. Somehow, Stryke knew the Hunter already had a plan to escape.

The Base of the Femme Fatales...

Stryke was pleased to find that he could finally relax. Even if relaxed meant just a few hours. At a moment's notice Stryke took advantage and slipped out of his black, Vibranium suit into a robe and some shower flip flops. He had been issued his own quarters to replenish himself. The room was simple yet elegant. His bed was made of mahogany with a wide bed spread with white and red pillows. The floors were also mahogany with a small, white rug here and there. There was also a closet to put clothes, but since Stryke didn't have any extra clothes, the only thing inside was his suit on a hanger and his visor on a small table. There were two small drawers on each side of the mahogany bed, and in front was a larger one with a television placed on top of it. He was tuned into the News of all things, listening to their lies. Stryke moved towards the shower and turned it on. 

With all the things happening, Stryke was going to indulge himself in a shower since he was covered in dirt, grime, and smelled like New York's sewers. He walked into it and then was immersed in a simulation of heaven. As he soaked himself in the water, Stryke thought. A few months ago he was a fully fledged hero. Saving people from fires, apprehending muggers, and helping save the world on step at a time. Now he was nothing more than a common mercenary. He had money; he just wanted the freedom to choose. That's all he wanted. 

Stryke got out of the shower and dried himself. He put his left hand through his soaked hair and ruffled it a bit. He wrapped a towel around his waist. Then he emerged from the bathroom to see a News report in big letters. "Lycans Killed and Captured!" Stryke plopped onto the bed with his mouth a gap. He watched as a few fleeing Lycans were shot and killed. After a few moments a reporter began to speak. 

"Lycans, the like of which the Hunter is associated with, have been a target by the American government. The Hunter has full control over the species and therefore the government thinks he can use these...beasts... to do more damage to the world. They've issued one order, that Lycans are to be apprehended. However, as the video shows, there are instances where that is not possible. We'll go back to the video in a few moments, parents beware, these videos are graphic and may be unsuitable for some viewers." And then it showed the Lycans being killed again. Slaughtered. Just like neglected dogs.

Stryke tried to get back up, but he collapsed back onto the bed. He looked in horror as a Lycan child was shot point blank.

"Oh Hunter..." He whispered to himself." I see who the true beasts are..." And then a lone tear ran down his left cheek as he witnessed a pregnant Lycan female killed in a crossfire between her suspected husband and some soldiers. The man rushed to his wife's side but was shot as he bent down. 

"We...are....beasts..." Stryke declared.

Kurrent

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#55  Edited By Kurrent

Moments had passed and a nauseating feeling consumed Kurrent. This FKL virus  was not to be toyed with. It was killing him, and it was probably killing off the rest of the Veritas members. Any other time finding out who unleashed the virus would have been priority number one but time was running out. For the first time in a long time Kurrent was tired the Living Battery was losing his steam and putting him inside a freezer was not going to work. Thoughts of how to track Gambler or even where to start plagued him. The Veritas Leader had been out of the game for a while but he knew that giving Gambler an inch was like giving him 100 miles. "I need to get a hold of Morte or G'bandit" he said a loud attributing to the fact that they were among the greatest assassins in the world. 

Suddenly he looked up to see and old face come into the room....it was an old friend The Genesis. The two have had their fair share of disagreements but they were both holding on to what Veritas could be. It was a short and very thin line but it was still there. Genesis began to speak but before Kurrent could answer another familiar face walked in. Instantly he pulled his other gun out of the holster and held it with a firm grip to his side and looked at Solis directly in the eye. The Electric Ace stared him down knowing  that with a thought he could pull the nails from the crossbeams and bring the level  of the HQ down over the more powerful Solis but pulling out his gun showed that he would not be intimidated. "Looks like the gang is all here, sorry I didn't clean up" he said sarcastically  Yes, they were teammates but they too had their disagreements and Solis needed a little of an aggressive approach to get him in line. 

The weak feeling that Kurrent had was growing so after Solis spoke he took point in the conversation needing to get out what he needed to say but first he stopped and looked around nervously... "SHHHHHHH" he whispered to his teammates. He closed his eyes and listened as carefully as he could. He could have sworn he heard his name spoken by a familiar voice but after a dead silence he chalked it up to the effects of the FKL Virus and began to speak informally to the member of Veritas..... "You guys probably walked into the guy I had to 'kick' out of here. He said that we all have some sort of virus that is probably why you all feel like crap  and the only known cure is Lebeau DNA. The only Lebeau that I know that is still around is....yep Gambler. So what I am saying is that we need to find my and probably this teams worst enemy and 'ask' for a sample of his blood" The looks on their face said it all and when Kurrent began to bleed out of his nose after he spoke probably sealed any speculation they might have. 

With the barrel of his gun he wiped the blood from his nose and said in a raspy and tired tone "Any idea on where we can find him?"

The Solis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By The Solis

Inside Solis he could feel the slight struggle he had to control his powers. He could feel the strength of his power growing. Its fury was like a wild animal that finally began to chew away at its cage after it grew weak from age. He made an unusually long journey to his super heroic team base belonging to the men who where more than men. He however could sense that he had chosen a bad time to arrive. After passing a beaten and barely alive human body that had  Kurrents finger prints all over it the horizon of a fight was just as bright as the sun. Even more of a signal pyre to the distress was the return of the anti hero Closure 

Closure: " I know your shocked to see me.  I'm taking this now direction in life.  In which, one moment I'm a dickhead and the next I'm as happy as I clam.  How did I get here?  Well I put trackers on all of you guys, before I departed.  I went rogue for a while and now I'm back to being neutral.  On a serious note, can anyone get me information on what the hell is going on.  My lackeys couldn't find sh!t, so I decided to see how you guys were doing.  Before anyone gets the villainy vibe radiating off of me, be aware that I come in peace.  I just need to know if you'll allow me amnesty to help you guys out in anyway possible.  It took a bleeding aunt for me to get my sorry butt over here.  So, Solis I want you to want me...tell me what I gotta do? "  

Solis:"First off a grown @ss man does not walk into a room saying "I want you to want me" k thats sooooooooo many kinds of homo really so the only thing I want from you is to shut up and have sex with WOMEN. Thats first but I'm glad you made sure to address me first given I'm the most powerful person here" . The solar charged ego lets his sun sized ego leak out from his mouth. Its a cover for how he truly feels; scared. No matter what he says to Kurrent , Closure he doesn't want to be the reason for their deaths.  

Kurrent: "Looks like the gang is all here, sorry I didn't clean up" The living thunder storm Kurrent speaks with a wit to rival Solis but for someone like him he must always get the last word.  

Solis : " Dude thats what maids are for. Stop worrying so much about mercs and killers get you a good maid. And don't be a stereotype and look for some short old lady from mexico please don't if you do I'm gonna oooooo just don't K K'.  

Kurrent: "You guys probably walked into the guy I had to 'kick' out of here. He said that we all have some sort of virus that is probably why you all feel like crap  and the only known cure is Lebeau DNA. The only Lebeau that I know that is still around is....yep Gambler. So what I am saying is that we need to find my and probably this teams worst enemy and 'ask' for a sample of his blood"     "Any idea on where we can find him?"

Solis : "Hmmm well thats explains my bad news."   The hero who enjoys expressing an ego equal to his power lets his true grim side out expressing his situation. "My internal solar furnace is losing stability. I'm having to put more effort into managing my power output. Earlier today I almost went hiroshima in the upper atmosphere, but I was able to fly far enough from earth to not cause any damage. We need to find that cure and fast. Not just to save us but whatever this thing is it's powerful enough to even weaken my body and it continues to degrade my body and my energy releases. I could possibly start a second big bang. Trust me I've done it before and don't plan on doing it again. 

But know that we know whats doing this to me and how to fix it well not to sound like a clin'ce but Lebobo or whatever his name is I hate french is not bout to be happy. He messed with the wrong super team. He's been screwing with people for years humans and supes and honeslty I'm sick of it. He made this crap personal for me and I know one thing. I am not someone to mess with. Oh and I know one more thing." The golden super charged super hero quickly turns his body. He releases a small burst of heat vision from his inhuman eyes, burning a small piece of the wall revealing the new target of his scorn Gambler. "We have guests huh speak of the devil ."

Magick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#57  Edited By Magick

Magick was kind of sort of freaking out. She really did not want to have this press conference. At least Slight had promised that she wouldn't have to do any talking.  The frantic Outsider peeked out of the window of her room to see the media vultures standing around in front of the  HQ. Great. Just another thing to be worried about - after this everyone in the world would know where the New-Outsiders lived. Of course, she had discussed this with Slight. He had said that the"Whole point of this is to show the people that they can trust us and that we are reliable, and ..............." She had stopped listening after a while.  

Magick looked down at her the palms of her hands, which were covered in nervous sweat. Half instinctively, she reached down to wipe them off on her shirt, but they just slid right off the fabric of her costume. Stupid non-absorbent spandex. From behind her she heard the door to her room open, and Crysta walked in.  

"Quite a crowd forming. You're not really gonna do this are you?" Crysta asked with a certain indigence.   

"Of course I'm going to do it! Slight has been planning this thing for the past two weeks!" Magick responded, but kind of half-heartedly  

"Oh. Yeah. I thought he was joking."  

Yeah. Because Slight just the type of person to set up a fake press conference as joke. Right. Magick sighed.  

"I trust his judgment. And he's probably right anyways. " Magick grumbled. 

"Okaaaaaaaay. But if we get attacked , I'm blaming you." and with that Crysta strode out of the room. Well. That had just made things soooo mutch more easy. Thanks Crysta. Thanks alot.  

Magick looked at her watch and saw that the conference was about to start. Trying to keep her breathing steady, she slowly walked out of her room, to the front door of the HQ, into the front yard, and finally onto the stage where Slight was already standing. as she met up with him she saw him put up a smile that might fool the audience, but that she recognized as his "take the damn picture already" face. She tried to mimic him by faking her own smile, but she could only see to come out the a twisted sort of expression that you get when you drink spoilt milk. Slight launched into his speech.  

“Hello, my name is Avery Spottswood, otherwise known as Slight. This is Magick co leader along with me of the New Outsiders.

As you may know, the Wolf Pack, a group of renegade so called heroes have killed a United Nations member. The actions taken by their leader is inexcusable, and should be penalized to the highest extent.

However, I, we are not the ones who will be persecuting the team. There are already numerous real heroes on the job. What we are all here today for is one reason and one reason alone. The New Outsiders have been waiting for a chance to show the world that we can be just as good, if not better than what is currently offered. The New Outsiders are here to now take the place where the Wolf Pack left off, and do a better job. Their elusive and covert ways are no longer acceptable in this world of demanded transparency.

We promise that when we start our newly authorized patrols of this city, and the state, we will answer to the people, and we will protect you all from criminals in the wild and unruly Wolf Pack.

Thank you, and Good Evening.”   

Then the speech was over and Magick and Slight walked off Stage together.  

"Was it really necessary to tell the whole world your real name!?"
Magick whispered harshly as they walked. 

"I told you. Trustability. And I don't have a secret identity anyways. I think our next move should be figuring out what's going on with the Wolf Pack, and then meeting up with the Veritas."  

Magick had to agree with the last part. She would rather have the two teams working together. Just then Surge joined them and asked what the plan was. Slight repeated that they needed to find the Wolf Pack, and Surge reluctantly agreed, on the condition that nobody would be hurt.

Lord's Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Lord's Angel

Eygpt

Heat pour over the desert sand as he stood looking over the distant dunes. Nothing could be seen for miles around except the dry, red sand. His long black cloak still floated in the wind, bellowing out behind him and the only visable part of his were his lips that were not shadowed under the hood pulled over his head. His lips slowly moved as he spoke to the breast of the Saints.  "I had to take care of some personal business.  I'm going to refuel then head to the new location."   Lord's Angel was already there looking over the site. "Come get him....the dead shall rise and praise my name. Thus says the Lord."

With those word darkness covered the noon sky blocking out the sun. Slowly the day returned from the night and he was gone, waiting for the first, the animal.  

Lord's Angel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By Lord's Angel

Eygpt

Heat pour over the desert sand as he stood looking over the distant dunes. Nothing could be seen for miles around except the dry, red sand. His long black cloak still floated in the wind, bellowing out behind him and the only visable part of his were his lips that were not shadowed under the hood pulled over his head. His lips slowly moved as he spoke to the breast of the Saints.  "I had to take care of some personal business.  I'm going to refuel then head to the new location."   Lord's Angel was already there looking over the site. "Come get him....the dead shall rise and praise my name. Thus says the Lord."

With those word darkness covered the noon sky blocking out the sun. Slowly the day returned from the night and he was gone, waiting for the first, the animal.  

Shadowstep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Shadowstep

"SHADOWSTEP!!"

All it takes is one shout and his eyes flicker open, his fingers twitch and full consciousness is slowly but surely regained. For what feels like the first time in years Cifer's feet hit the ground and he goes running, stumbling and tripping over himself each and every step of the way. All of the IV's and electrodes attached to his body His head is pounding, his vision is half-blurred, the world is spinning and he feels the need to void the contents of his stomach out through his mouth.

After racing down three corridors he falls to his knees, the nausea settles in and as it does a group of CORE Agents come around the corner, weapons aimed and ready to kill. Unable to hold back any longer, Cifer opens his mouth and unleashes a powerful beam of raw plasma energy from his mouth.

It isn’t enough to kill them, not instantly, but hot enough to burn away their armor and flesh, leaving them alive to experience the pain of having no skin to protect the muscle tissue underneath. Cifer ignores their screams, the smoke pouring out of his mouth, ears and nose and the tears of blood running down his cheeks as he struggles to get back onto his feet.  

He can hear the voice calling out to him again and it’s getting louder and louder and louder until finally Cifer feels something bump up against him, causing him to stumble backward a few steps, for a moment instinct tells him to lash out in defense but as he gets a good look at the being standing before him he is hit by a bolt of recognition. 

“T-Talon…?” Cifer asked, smiling weakly. “Is…is that really you? It is isn’t it? But...” Before Cifer had a chance to finish, he began coughing violently, spewing droplets of blood onto the floor. He grabbed a hold of Talon’s shoulder and tried to maintain his balance as the coughing progressively grew worse.

After a few moments had passed, Cifer’s coughs died down and were briefly replaced by a couple of powerful sneezes which kept him from standing back up straight and forced him to kneel onto the ground. “Sorry…about that. The CORE’s telepaths…they did quite a number on me and my body is having a hard time kicking back into full gear. They...tore open my mind, picked it apart, sifted through all of my memories and brought to the surface details about myself that not even I was aware of.”

“I suppose I should thank them for that though.” A smirk slowly began to creep up on Cifer’s face as he extended his left arm out, opened his palm and made a katana materialize from out of thin air. “Because, if it were not for them…I would have never learned about my true self.”

Refusing to allow Talon any time to react, Cifer imprisoned them both in a force field, then as he pulled himself up off the ground Cifer drove the blade directly through Talon’s stomach and forced it to tear its way out her back. “Once…you and I were very much alike. We were both weapons. We were programmed specifically by our Masters to maim, to murder, to cause death and to create destruction.” He whispered to her. “But...then we were both fundamentally altered at the very core of our being by forces totally beyond our control. Forces that tried their hardest to make us more compassionate, more…Human even though they knew that in the end all of their work would have been for naught and that we would both revert back to our primal forms.”

Cifer began to twist the blade around in her stomach and smiled as the pain began eat away at Talon. “Listen closely now, for what I am about to tell you next is very important. All that exists on Earth-529 shall be replicated on Earth-616. Thanks to The CORE, The United Nations will finally be able to do its job and unite all nations both here and on worlds beyond this under Terran rule. You and I, who are slated to become the first Soul Hunters this reality has ever known, will be instrumental in making that dream a reality. But first we must remove the artificial soul that was grafted onto your being; we must also destroy this “Laura Greystroke” persona and reawaken your true self: X-23."

With one swift movement, Cifer pulled the sword out of Talon’s stomach and began to wrap energy constructs shaped like chains all around her body, ensuring that she would not be able to escape. “You’re probably wondering right now where the Hell I got the katana. Truth to be told it was in my hand the entire time; they just didn’t want you to see it until the time was right.” Cifer explained as CORE Director Melony Valentine, several telepaths and a contingent of armed guards materialized out of thin air and surrounded Talon’s fallen form. 

“Good work, we will take things from here.” An armed guard said as he knelt down next to Talon and checked her pulse.

“Cifer, this contains all the information you will require to accomplish your next assignment. Go get washed up, take whatever precautions you deem are necessary and then get it over with as quickly as possible.” Melony said as she handed over a memory stick containing a dossier filled with the aforementioned data cache. "Do you understand?"

"Yes, Director Valentine." Cifer replied. "I understand."

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Sylver

"Sylver this is Talon...I can't tell you where I am or what I'm about to do...the path ahead of me it clear and I don't need you getting hurt again because of me..please know I hold you in the highest esteem. I'm sorry but some things need to be done alone. I'll miss you good friend and hopefully I'll...not die..Talon over and out" 

Sylver lowered the cell phone from her ear.  Her lip curled back in anger.  She chucked the phone at the couch with all her strength. 

"Dangit, Talon!"  She yelled.  Sylver kicked the coffee table in front of her and furiously ran her hands through her aray of midnight black hair.  The lights flickered spastically, the electricity fluxuating with Sylver's temper.  She took a deep breath, but still found herself simmering in the frustrated thoughts inside her head. 

Stupid, stupid, stupid Laura!  What was she doing?  What was she thinking? Going off alone, now of all times, was not the brightest thing to do.  And why was she leaving?  Was she on a mission?  Obviousley not one from the Hunter, Sylver thought, snorting aloud sarcastically.  Among the many things she found a mystery about her team leader, she knew one thing very clearly: he loved his daughter, and whatever crazy notion she was planning now, couldn't have been his idea. 

And Talon's ideas, Sylver noted, were never the safe ones.  Or the sane.  But sane was never a common thought line in the Wolf Pack.  Sylver rolled her eyes.  Hence the recent assassination on the Hunter's part.  It seemed the world was falling apart in a matter of minutes, and Sylver couldn't deside on what to do.  Should she go after Talon and help her, despite her wishes, or seek the rest of her team...perhaps they'd regrouped? 

Sylver stepped over to the fireplace mantle and picked up a small photo frame.  It was the Wolf Pack.  One of the few photos of them all together.  Their stone-still faces met her own, but her eyes lingered on herself and Talon, standing side by side in the front row.  That lunatic girl with the raven locks and emerald eyes was the reason Sylver was standing there, looking at the old photograph.  They'd been to the borders of Hell and back again.  Somehow, despite their many differences, they'd become friends.  Not because of time and knowledge of each other, but of experiences shared.  And when one faces Death itself, one sees the deepest parts of oneself....and others.   

Sylver's fixated eyes found each other again in the mirror's reflection in front of her.  She smirked.  And no one, not even her friends, could tell her no. 

"Sorry, Laura, " Sylver muttered aloud, resting the photo frame back down, "But I suffer from selective hearing...and I didn't catch a word you just said."  Without wasting another moment, she changed into a pair of short-jean shorts, a cut-off long sleeve black top, and knee high black boots: play clothes.  Two minutes later, Sylver stepped out of her secluded cabin, her sword Caldavich strapped to her back (along with an assortment of knives in her black, leather trenchcoat), and kneeled to the ground.  What people never seemed to take into account when running from Sylver, was that she had other ways of finding them besides her vampire skills.  Magic, Sylver thought as her eyes opened, now glowing a vivid neon blue, was the most unpredictable force in the universe.  Nearly impossible to stop, and nearly impossible to control, those who wielded it should tred with caution.   

Sylver placed both hands on the ground, both hands gripping the loose soil.  Too bad caution was overrated. 

Throughout the time she'd spent alone, Sylver had learned many spells...many tricks...many ways to bend reality to her will.  As long as her will was stronger than reality.  Sylver tilted her head skyward, closing her eyes in deep concentration, submerging herself into the darkest parts of her subconscious.  She felt a burst of warm adrenaline spike through her hands, the magic being pulled into her control. 

"Magic of mine,"  Sylver summoned, focusing the elusive energies, "come to me and find Laura Greystoke." 

The magic responded.  Like a liquid line of silver painted on the grass, a chromy substance formed and became 3D, a mirror of platinum.  Instantly the mirror became brilliant and clear with color.  A scene played out on the screen, and Sylver felt an animal-like growl build up inside of her. 

No!  She wanted to scream.  No, this isn't real! 

But the magic never lied. 

Before her eyes, Sylver saw Laura, but not as she'd hoped to find her.  Shadowstep, another member of the Wolf Pack, was there also.  His hands wrapped around a sword that was tearing through Talon.  He began to speak. 

“Once…you and I were very much alike. We were both weapons. We were programmed specifically by our Masters to maim, to murder, to cause death and to create destruction.” He whispered to her. “But...then we were both fundamentally altered at the very core of our being by forces totally beyond our control. Forces that tried their hardest to make us more compassionate, more…Human even though they knew that in the end all of their work would have been for naught and that we would both revert back to our primal forms.”     

Sylver bared her fangs, spitting out Elvish and English curses alike.  "You vile wretch!  Get away from her!" 

Unable to hear her from beyond the viewing screen, he continued, while twisting the blade farther into Talon's midsection.  “Listen closely now, for what I am about to tell you next is very important. All that exists on Earth-529 shall be replicated on Earth-616. Thanks to The CORE, The United Nations will finally be able to do its job and unite all nations both here and on worlds beyond this under Terran rule. You and I, who are slated to become the first Soul Hunters this reality has ever known, will be instrumental in making that dream a reality. But first we must remove the artificial soul that was grafted onto your being; we must also destroy this “Laura Greystroke” persona and reawaken your true self: X-23."     

Shocked wasn't in Sylver's vocabulary at the moment.  Pissed off wasn't even close to the feelings she was having.  Wrath filled her; violence consumed her.  It took all of Sylver's strength to pull away from the image of Talon's fallen form and find where exactly she was.  After backing away enough from a large forest area, it was clear that the base wasn't far from New York City.  Sylver's fists clenched tighter.  The CORE's base. 

The base where Shadowstep would die at, chocking on his own blood.  Sylver swore, if it was the last thing she ever did. 

"Magic of mine,"  Sylver uttered, voice soaked in a shaking rage, "summon from the plane of the dead a messenger ghost." 

Instantly, where the chrome-like mirror had been, the mist became thick.  It swirled into place, like a moving painting, shaping the translucent figure of a man.  The air around Sylver seemed to freeze, and the grass beneath her covered with frost.  She stood, not three feet from the spector, but it felt as if ice had been laced into her veins.  Messenger ghosts, Sylver had learned, were spirits doomed to walk the realm between realms, completing tasks from their summoners.  In life, they had been great sorcerers, but had wasted their power on greed, trying to find immortality.  After death, they had been given it, but would remain spirits, running errands for the living to pay for their costly deed. 

The phantom was an average looking man, not yet in his fifties, with ginger hair pulled into a ponytail, and long, grey robes covering his figure.  But his eyes were gruesome, burned out sockets, still bleeding and burning as if he were alive.  But Sylver didn't care who the man was, or who he'd ever been; now, she needed to get a messege to the Hunter, and she didn't have time to go herself.  There were traitors to kill. 

"Phantom.  I am in need of you for a task.  Give this messege to the Lycan known as William Greystoke:   
     William, this is Sylver speaking.  Please forgive the messenger, it was the fastest thing I could think of.  I don't know what's been going on out there, or what you've been up to, but I'm going to do as I always have and trust your character in this.  I have been on a much needed sabatical recently, but I'm back, and ready to assist the Wolf Pack in whatever areas needed.  But first, I must attend to more important matters; ones that are vital.  But I must warn you; it appears that Shadowstep is in league with the CORE.  I don't know if they're controlling him, or if this is on his own will, but I intend to stop him."

Sylver paused for a moment, trying to think of something reassuring to say, trying to deside whether or not to mention Laura.  "I know...I may not be the easiest person to understand...or to trust.  But if there's anything you can do, trust me now.  I promise you, I will not fail the Wolf Pack this time."  She pledged, her memory suddenly drifting to her untimely demise on Ninjeta.  Her conscience was still egging her about not telling William about his daughter.  Sylver shook her head.  If she told him, he'd come barrelling in after Laura, exposing himself and getting arrested.  Sylver didn't know all the details, but she knew that William wouldn't kill an innocent woman for no good reason.

"The only thing I ask is that you keep an eye on the CORE's movements, their plans...anything that can help me.  I understand that you're probably busy at the moment, being that you've got the whole world on your tail, but I need you to at least keep a good eye out.  Thank you.  I will be back.  Stay hidden, Sir.  And good luck." 

Sylver's forceful eyes stared into the ghost's smoldering ones, "Messege end.  Take that to him immediatly.  Go."  Like a rippling mirage, the ghost vanished, and Sylver felt the cold chain that bound them disintegrate.  Sylver felt slightly guilty about not mentioning Talon, but the more she thought about it, the more assured she became that this was for his own good and that she could handle it.  After all, over 3,000 years of combat training had to be good for something.  She had no doubt that the messenger would get to William, and that he would get the messege itself (ghosts spoke telepathically, so he would hear her exact words in her voice); it was simply her mission that bothered her.  The hardest question: 

Should she decapitate Talon's captors quick, or slowly peel their skin off and shove it down their throats to choke them with?  Sylver sighed, a wicked grin appearing.  Such difficult desisions. 

--- 1 hour, 40 minutes later -- 

~Greg~ 

Greg Petrok was seventeen when he first became a murderer.  His mother was a big-time alchoholic who spent most of her days hitting up truckers at the local bar instead of attending to her five kids at home.  Greg was always jelous of his oldest two siblings, Maria and Ben, who got to get nice scholorships and go off to college before their mother really went downhill.  Greg's two younger sisters, Bella and Lucy, were both severely far-sighted, but Greg's mother never had enough for glasses or insurance since she spent it all on booze.   

That's why it was her fault when Bella fell down the basement steps and died from a head injury.  She couldn't even see the first step.  She was only five years old. 

Greg hated his mother after that.  Hated her for his life.  Hated her for Lucy's miseries.  And most certainly hated her for the boyfriends she brought home that would beat Lucy and him if they ever spoke a word.  But after every beating, Greg swore to himself that someday, when he was older, he'd learn how to kill people.  How to hunt them down like animals.  All the people that had ever hurt him or his family would die by his hands, very, very slowly.  And at seventeen years of age, he would get that wish. 

On his last day of school, Greg got hit by a bus.  After his skull had been cracked open, and his lungs and ribs crushed by the tires, he was immediatly pronounced dead.  By the hospital doctors, anyway.  Bought by an unknown company, his body was reshaped and rebuilt into something terrible.  The bones were replaced with titanium steel molds, and the brain modeled into a memory bank, faster than a super computer.  His consciousness as Greg had been kept together, and so the only thing he awoke with, was the memories of a painful past. 

Two days after he'd been "re-awakened", thirty-five people were dead; their brains had been ripped out of their nostrils.  Slowly.  Among the thirty-five were Greg's sister and mother: a personal job programmed into his system.  Then, he was bought as a body guard, to protect the base of the CORE, against any and all threats, be it human or not. 

Tonight's guest fell under the "or not" catagory. 
     The cyborg stood amongst the thick, closely knitted forest surroundings.  His robotic targeting eyes focused in on the form of a young woman, several yards away.  She stood, no weapon in hand, and then crouched like a pensive predator.  Even though the forest floor was bathed in beams of scattered sunlight, he could tell that what he was seeing was no trick of the light: her eyes were glowing blue, and there were fangs protuding over her lower lip.  He heard a deep, wolf-like roar echo within the dense woods, and a sickening laugh. 

"Well then!"  The woman shouted, cocky and grinning.  "It's time to show the world that a vampire can bleed even a robot!"    

Without warning, she lunged forward.  The cyborg raised his right arm, revealing an M-16 attched to the wrist.  He fired.  A rain of bullets sprayed through the thick oaks and maples, turning them to swiss cheese.  But he'd missed the woman. 

She flew back and forth, weaving, jumping from tree to tree, getting closer to her prey.  He could see the dark, hungry pupil of her eye grow larger in anticipation.  The fanged woman pushed her legs off of the closest tree, narrowly dodging the wave of bullets, and was coming down upon him. 

"No,"  He whispered.  Like a switch was thrown, all the memories, all the pain, and all the rage came back.  No one would hurt him ever again.   

The woman was above him, diving towards his body, fist held back, ready to strike.  The gears under the human disguise exploded into attack.  Like a mountain of steel, an unmovable freight train, the cyborg rushed headlong at his attacker, iron built fist held back.  And they collided. 

The cyborg's speed surprised the woman; his fist connected to her body first, with a strength, that when it slammed into her, sent her flying through the trunk of a fifty year old oak, shattering it to pieces. 

~Sylver~ 

The connection of flesh and metal, the space between the tree and herself...and whatever else occured in between, happened too fast for Sylver to put in order.  One moment she was suspended in mid-air above the cyborg sentry, ready to make a dent in his skull, the next, he was using her as a personal wrecking ball.  Sylver stumbled to her feet, brushing the wood splinters off of herself as the giant oak tumbled forward, crashing into the thick vegetation around it.  The smashing clamor boomed throughout the woods. 

Oh yeah, Sylver,  she thought to herself,  way to make a subtle entry.  They'll never know you're here now.  Genius. 

But now she had bigger worries.  Mr. Terminator was running at her, with inhuman speeds, and a fist full of iron that he was more than willing to make her eat. 

"Dangit."  Sylver muttered.  Rescue plans never went as planned.  Ever.  It was really annoying and far too predictable.  "Come and get it." She hissed.  And apparently, he heard her. 

He launched himself into the air, like a rocket, and slammed full force into Sylver's midsection.  Had she not already been dead, Sylver swore he would've stopped her from breathing.  They both crashed into the ground, Sylver beneath the 400-some pounds of metal.  The cyborge raised his fist and pounded it repeatedly, like a sledge hammer, onto Sylver's chest.  She could feel her collar bone and ribs snapping.   

Suddenly, Sylver arched her back, throwing her limbs out wildly, and grabbed a hand full of the cyborg's metal neck bone covered in fake flesh.  He stopped punching her and proceeded to try to snap her arm in half. 

NO!!! Sylver cried inside herself.  I will not stop here! 

"NO MORE!" Sylver thundered.  Her hand dug upward, behind the cyborg's lower jaw, and grabbed hold of it.  She tore it out, hinge and all.  Crimson blood sprayed her porcelin skin.  Sylver kicked the cyborg off of her, and stood, still gripping the metal-bone-fused jaw.  The humanoid body tried to stand, unresponsive to the feeling of pain.   

"Darn you."  Sylver growled.  She wailed her fist into the metal skull, right into the computer-chipped brain matter.  The body stopped moving.  Only one metal dog tag swung from around its neck. 

-Greg Petrok-  It read. 

Sylver's menacing eyes narrowed.  "Well then, Greg Petrok, the cyborg, may whatever place you're in now give you a far slower death than what I could offer.  It seems quite fitting for you, whoever you were.  Hmm...now, wh--" 

Sylver was cut off short by the hot sting of a bullet slicing through her thigh.  She turned to see one man racing towards her, gun in hand.  Her eyes glazed over black as the noise of his shouts slowly drowned out to the pulsing of his heart beat in her ear.  He had blood, and she was thirsty. 

The young man stumbled through the brush, radio in one hand, pistol in the other.  "Help!  I've got an intruder on section C area.  She's killed the cy--" 

The man stopped short, the words caught in his throat, and he fell forward.  A sharp, titanium-metal jaw was embedded in his forehead.   Before he hit the forest floor, Sylver grabbed him by the helmet and dug her fangs into his jugular vein.  The still-warm, thick liquid spilled into her mouth and down her throat; Sylver felt a dark, vile pleasure in this activity of feeding...now more than ever, when she was drained from spell-casting.  The crackle of the man's radio interrupted her muled thoughts. 

"Braddock, are you there?  Braddock?  Copy, Braddock!"  The voice commaned.  Suddenly, the burning anger from that morning was stoked again, as she remembered her purpose here.  Sylver picked up the radio. 

"Braddock is unavailable to speak at the moment."  She mocked darkly.  "He's bleeding his veins out, all alone in a dark corner of the forest." 

"Who is this?"  The voice started. 

"A monster, sir.  A horrific glimpse into the beasts that stalk the night.  Mr. Braddock and your cyborg will not be the only ones to die alone and bloody today.  Oh no, sir....you see, I am not here for blood, really.  Or revenge, or justice, or anything so organized as that."  Sylver paused a moment to let her visious words sink in.  "I am here for the sake of madness.  And madness will find what she seeks.  The game starts now." 

Sylver set the radio down and smashed it with her boot.  Then, without a second thought, she turned to the man named Braddock and snapped his head right off of his shoulders.  She held up the bloody head with a smile on her face, and started forward towards the headquarters.  She had no fear of these people...these "terrible telepaths"...no.  No fear.  Magic cloaked all physical and mental powers such as these.  Sylver grinned.  Perhaps, if she closed her eyes and cut off her limbs, that might make the fight fair for them.  Maybe. 

The entrance was now in sight; a dozen men or more were stationed at it: a large door that seemed to lead underground.   

"Time to go back to your friends, Braddock."  Sylver cackled.  She'd read, that in ancient war times, when the enemy captured soldiers, they would cut off their heads and catapult them back to their home cities as parting gifts before they slaughtered the towns.  Sylver found it proper for her to do the same.  With a sudden thrust, Sylver tossed the head as fast as she could at the guards.  It struck them, nearly cracking on their bullet-proof shields.  Some of them instantly panicked.  She chuckled.  So easily amused she was.  Then she remembered Laura, and prayed that she was still unharmed. 

"I'm coming, Laura.  Don't give up."  Sylver whispered before a freightening shadow masked her soul-piercing eyes.  "If they harm you, may the last thing they see on God's green earth, be their own blood, and the last thing they hear be the raw shrieking of the full grown men among them.  And then they shall know what horrors they have awoken."

Agent Anderson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By Agent Anderson

Sector 13 Base

After the so-called "assassination" of the United Nations councilwoman, Anderson had been keeping an eye on things from the shadows.  While the entire world was on the hunt for Wolf Pack, Special Agent Will Anderson had been conducting an investigation of his own.  With a gathering of his most-trusted associates, he viewed the security footage taken from the council floor of the UN headquarters.

"Whoa!" Anderson yelled to the video technician.  "Rewind that frame and play at ten percent speed."  The technician did accordingly and the entire room had their eyes on the footage of the Hunter letting loose the arrow.  "Rewind it again and reduce the speed to five percent." Anderson ordered.   "Right there!  Freeze the frame at 2:34.53!"  The entire group of individuals widened their gaze and looked closer at the footage in shock.  With the special modifications on the Hunter's bow, the arrow would be traveling at an extremely fast pace.  However, the entire group noticed that while the arrow was passing through the air, the councilwoman was still seated in her chair.  Therefore, the arrow would have clearly missed her.

Furthermore, the councilwoman herself seemed most peculiar.  At the time, she was sitting in a completely relaxed position as if she had not inclination of standing up.  Different papers were in front of her and she was in the process of taking notes.  "Now....." Anderson said.  "Play the footage continuing with eight percent speed."  With that, the entire group observed as the woman suddenly stood up from her chair in time to be impaled by the Hunter's arrow.

"Look at that!" an agent exclaimed.  "Look at her focus.... her posture.... everything!"

"I see it too." another agent confirmed.

A perplexed look came upon Anderson's face.  "Freeze frame." he said to the technician.  "Play that part over again."  As the footage played over again in slow-motion, everyone's eyes were focused on the woman.  When she stood up, it was completely unnatural.  It was almost as if puppet strings were attached and made her do so.  Her muscle movement was so sudden and rough as she practically jumped out of her seat.  She did not even bother to move her chair back - causing her to roughly knock into the table in front of her.

"Quickly, establish a trajectory for the arrow." Anderson ordered.  With that, a line was drawn from the Hunter's position that followed the path of the arrow.  "I'll be damned....." Anderson said under his breath.  "He was aiming for something in the main area.....  He saw something that no one else saw..... not even the cameras..."  Though he was somewhat perplexed by it all, Anderson suddenly diverted his attention to the Hunter on screen.  "Alright old boy, tell us what you saw...." he said to himself as the technician rewound the footage again.

Anderson watched as the Hunter yelled out random things.  At first, he had no idea what they could mean.  Then, he had the audio technician single out the frequency of William Greystoke's voice and to clarify the dialogue.  "Jinx!.......  NO!!!.......  What the f#ck?!...... He's the one you want...... It was him!....  Jesus, it was him!  What the....." was all that came out audibly.  What could it all mean?

"He's trying to convey something." one of the agents said.

"That's right," Anderson agreed.  "But WHAT is he trying to get through?  What's the 'jinx' all about?  Is there some kind of riddle or encoded message?"

"Sir," another agent said.  "What if he's not saying a riddle or message at all?  What if he's trying to say an actual name?"

"That's it!" Anderson exclaimed.  He then turned to one of the agents and said, "Search the database for any known criminals that go by the name of Jinx."  Sure enough, the database came up with the profile of the infamous J1NX.  Though he had been off the radar for some time, Anderson was almost certain that this J1NX was the man they were looking for.  It would take a highly-skilled technopath to accomplish what was done.  "It would certainly explain why cameras didn't detect anything." Anderson said.  "As for the members of the United Nations...  If some neural devices had been somehow implanted into their brains - most likely the work of nanotechnology - then they would have been under his control the whole time.  HE was the puppet master!"

Anderson's eyes suddenly widened as he fell back into his chair.  "Je$u$ Chri$t....." he said.  "......the United Nations is under the control of that man.....  There's got to be something greater at work here.... some master plan.  He was just getting Wolf Pack out of the way...."  With that, Agent Anderson looked around at his collegues and said in a serious tone.  "Gentlemen, we have work to do."

Sure enough, it all made sense.  As soon as possible, Anderson would contact a few individuals.  Due to the possible compromise of the world's leadership, he could not allow any government-contracted groups of heroes to take part.  Instead, he would have to contact heroes that were off the grid; and he knew exactly where to start....
Crysta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By Crysta

Crysta walked over to a window and peeked outside. She couldn't believe. The media was actually here. Crysta had been HOPING that he was joking. No such luck. With a half-hearted sigh, Crysta walked over to Magick's room, and opened the door. She was wearing a costume. A. STUPID. COSTUME. Who where's costumes right now? Nobody did! Crysta frowned, but had to admit Magick looked more like a good guy now. Crysta grew a little indignant. Magick. Good? Hopefully not. If Magick turned good, Crysta would MURDER her. Not literally. Just murder her spirit. Crysta hadn't murdered anyone's spirit since she grew good. She sighed. Why did Magick have to be an idiot and get them to join the New-Outsiders? Even though she like the New-Outsiders SO much better. 

Quite a crowd forming. Crysta said. And there was. All for a fake speech. Crysta knew it was fake, and hoped that Slight could lie enough. If he didn't manage to convince them, the New-Outsiders are so dead. Crysta tried not to think about it. You're not really going to do this, are you? Crysta asked, trying not to let her indignance show in her voice. Not succeding, sadly. Because, right now, Crysta didn't know how long they would be able to live.  

Of course I'm going to do it! Slight has been planning this thing for the past two weeks!" Magick replied. Crysta could tell her heart wasn't in it, though. 

"Oh. Yeah. I thought he was joking." Not really, but still. Slight was just too serious to set up a PRESS CONFERENCE for jokes. Right now, there needed to be a big joke. Perhaps turning everybody into sheep after the press conference? It all depended.

"I trust his judgment. And he's probably right anyways. " Magick mumbled, grumpily. Magick could so play Grumpy in Snow White and the Seven Dwarves. Crysta hadn't seen that movie since she was five, and even then she thought it was stupid. And it turns out that Grumpy helped and worried. Seriously. Grumpy people should NOT help and worry.  Crysta thought of the media people. This would be on T.V. She HATED T.V. They changed everything. They had even made the cookie monster not be a cookie monster anymore. I think he's a vegetable monster now. Crysta thought. But seriously.

"Okaaaaaaaay. But if we get attacked, I'm blaming you." Crysta said, stomping out. She walked to a bedroom window, and opened it. From up here, Crysta would be relatively safe and able to see if anything went wrong. Slight was smiling, but forced. Crysta wanted to tell him to relax. Magick went on and grimaced. Magick was never one for faking. That was what made her so bad at blackmailing.  

“Hello, my name is Avery Spottswood, otherwise known as Slight. This is Magick co leader along with me of the New Outsiders.  As you may know, the Wolf Pack, a group of renegade so called heroes have killed a United Nations member. The actions taken by their leader is inexcusable, and should be penalized to the highest extent. However, I, we are not the ones who will be persecuting the team. There are already numerous real heroes on the job. What we are all here today for is one reason and one reason alone. The New Outsiders have been waiting for a chance to show the world that we can be just as good, if not better than what is currently offered. The New Outsiders are here to now take the place where the Wolf Pack left off, and do a better job. Their elusive and covert ways are no longer acceptable in this world of demanded transparency. We promise that when we start our newly authorized patrols of this city, and the state, we will answer to the people, and we will protect you all from criminals in the wild and unruly Wolf Pack. Thank you, and Good Evening.”        

The speech was over. They got off the stage and walked towards the house. Crysta held her breath. If anything happened, it would now. Crysta knew everybody else was waiting. And watching. And hoping. And then.......   
What happened made Crysta choke.

The Genesis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By The Genesis

"Looks like the gang is all here, sorry I didn't clean up."   This wasn't exactly the response Genesis had been hoping for; sure he and Kurrent disagreed on some things but they'd still been partners for ages, Solis had major ego problems, but Kurrent wasn't entirely free from them either, Closure had gone rogue, yet Kurrent had always walked on the edge between good and evil. Genesis didn't like it, and he was somewhat influenced by these issues as well. Still, it didn't exactly promote the whole "Veritas Unite!" team spirit he'd remembered. 

"You guys probably walked into the guy I had to 'kick' out of here. He said that we all have some sort of virus that is probably why you all feel like crap  and the only known cure is Lebeau DNA. The only Lebeau that I know that is still around is....yep Gambler. So what I am saying is that we need to find my and probably this team’s worst enemy and 'ask' for a sample of his blood."  Well now, that explains a lot Even more than why I’ve been so exhausted lately. If there was one thing Genesis knew for sure about Kurrent it was that he hated the very idea of anything whatsoever to do with Gambler. The Cajun had been a major enemy of Veritas from the team’s beginning, but that was likely owed solely to the fact that Kurrent was its leader. Almost all of Earth’s metahumans had warred, the two forces led by The Electric Ace and the Living Legend. They’d been mortal enemies ever since.   And now Kurrent’s life, and every other Veritas member’s, depended on making some sort of antidote with Gambler’s blood and injecting it into themselves (at least he figured that much). From what Genesis had seen, the only place Kurrent wanted Gambler’s blood was on his hands.

”Any idea on where we can find him?" Genesis was about to answer, knowing he could hone in on the Cajun’s mind in seconds. But Solis spoke first. "Hmmm well that explains my bad news. My internal solar furnace is losing stability. I'm having to put more effort into managing my power output. Earlier today I almost went Hiroshima in the upper atmosphere, but I was able to fly far enough from earth to not cause any damage. We need to find that cure and fast. Not just to save us but whatever this thing is it's powerful enough to even weaken my body and it continues to degrade my body and my energy releases. I could possibly start a second big bang. Trust me I've done it before and don't plan on doing it again.”If you’ve done a big bang before, why aren’t we all, well, dead? Genesis didn’t voice his skepticism, but he somewhat doubted the solar hero could spontaneously destroy the whole Earth, maybe more. The wielder of the Alpha Energy was sure Solis was very powerful, and that him not being able to fully control his powers was a bad thing, he knew what it was like. But one second-fine, next second-boom there goes the world? Maybe Genesis just didn’t want to believe it, but he couldn’t help feeling it wasn’t that bad. He’d still have to keep an eye on him though.

But know that we know what’s doing this to me and how to fix it well not to sound like a clin'ce but Lebobo Please, please call him that, I would love to see you call him that or whatever his name is I hate French is not bout to be happy. He messed with the wrong super team. He's been screwing with people for years humans and supes and honestly I'm sick of it. He made this crap personal for me and I know one thing. I am not someone to mess with. Oh and I know one more thing."  Then Genesis heard it; footsteps. They were almost inaudible, and those he could barely hear were scattered, as if he was only hearing the occasional step. The young hero could think of very few people capable of moving so quietly and remaining undetected from even his senses for so long, and only one who would be invading the Castle. "We have guests huh speak of the devil." Gambler.

Dreadmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#65  Edited By Dreadmaster

A small breeze brushed the locks of Werner's face to the side. His calm body had tensed up when the fire goddess, Feral Nova, broke the news of what happened. “The Hunter is accused of killing a UN Councilwoman, and there is a massive man hunt for him and all of Wolf Pack members… including yourself Dread…” He looked back at Nova to drop his face to a show of awe and sadness. Hunter is a killer but he knows who not to kill and isn't mindless, especially with U.N. members, Werner wanted to think she was lying and pulling a prank on him but the look on her face showed nothing but sincerity. 
“I’m here… because We Are Legend have been ordered by the government to find all of you and bring you in. I thought you knew… which is why I came in so defensively. I know Hunter is innocent but… I have no way to prove it, until then, I have to follow orders.”  Werner's frown quickly turned into a expression of bewilderment and disdain towards her. 

Werner's fist slowly and firmly clenched his hands into fists as his slight expression of confusion faded into a expression of animosity from the last statement she said. Just then Nova's fellow teammate by the name of Constantine teleported in front of them, Nova quickly started a conversation with him while Werner stood there reflecting on all that had transpired this night. What was supposed to be a simple reconnaissance mission quickly turned into a hasty retreat for not only their lives, but for their freedom. The tables had been turned on the once great Wolf Pack team and now orders from the government had brought in the hero's to capture and seize all of the Wolf Pack members and possibly those affiliated with them. This was a whole new ballgame, and now Werner is forced to be on the run yet again. 

Feral Nova's actions implied that she held orders more than friends and needed to be incapacitated quickly so he could run and regroup with the Wolf Pack. Thinking quickly he turned to his surroundings to see where the darkened areas where until he remembered that everything was already dark, as he looked around he looked back at Nova with a seemingly devilish grin on his face and a familiar voice whispering sins for Werner to perform on her, Werner was ready for bloodshed. 

As Nova finished giving orders to Constantine, Werner had disappeared into the darkness and teleported above her while she was looking for him. Werner looked down for a sec to remember where Nova stood and looked back up as he spread his arms out and closed his eyes. His body glowed a dark aura as the shade and darkness of the area was absorbed into him. As he finished absorbing the darkness it started spreading out from his body until it became a large dome-like structure. Holding it together as calmly and smoothly as he could before descending it on top of the fire goddess, Feral Nova.  

Feral Nova was completely consumed and before Constantine could help her from the outside, Werner and the dome disappeared into the darkness, no trace was left. Not a trail of either. Werner knew where he was going to transprt her, it was in his dark and nostalgic mind. Werner finished teleporting her and dropped the dome on a rock. He placed his feet on the hard and cold boulder Werner trained on. They were teleported to the blistering cold of the mountain in the Rockies Werner would train and hone his powers and skills on. He looked around to see the mountain right as he left it....quiet and soundless, the way it had always been. 

He looked back down at the dark dome in which Feral Nova had still been struggling to get out of, his patience had worn out and indulged on what he wanted to do. Which is exactly what he was going to do. He closed his eyes again and concentrated his mind and his body glowed until he then opened his eyes, a different shade of color, as the dome burst into a flurry of energy, being drained back into Werner's bright body. As the last bit of energy surged back into his body, Werner kept his eyes closed with the energy aura slowly dying down and disintegrating. He then opened his eyes to show his natural hazel eyes again, he looked back to see the somewhat annoyed Feral Nova looking back around as he proceeded to implement his devious plan. 

"Hey bright eyes!!! If you believe Hunter didn't do it, then why don't you speak up in his defense?" quickly continuing before Nova could answer "Don't answer that....you may have your team hunting down mine and bringing them in, but it will take far more than just one person to take me down, always has been the case and even with your powers its not different." As Werner finished his words and sprung into his fighting stance waiting for Feral Nova to follow her orders and attack the Master of Dread.
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#66  Edited By talon_x23

As she raced through the seemingly empty corridors of the base her heart raced through out the run. Sweat poured down her face as desperation grasped a hold of her like a demons hands. Her cries instead of just cries turned out to screams of worry and pain.  As she ran she found herself losing control for her emotions. Her emotions seemed to flood through her body and need to exit herself. The only way they could was through her cries through her screams, through her tears that slid down her blood red cheeks.

“Cifer!” she screamed his name. It was the firs time she had ever called his name before, the first time she had really called any of her team mates by their real name…well except for Ronnin. As she continued to run she thought about what the CORE was capable of. What they did to her, and to her comrades. No! she could not let that happen to him she cant be to late…could she? She had kept denying that they’d be able to do anything to her in this amount of time. Though she knew she was wrong, they could do what they did to her and far worse in even less time if granted.

“Please…Damn it Cifer where are you!!” she screamed as her cries echoed off the metal walls of the halls she could feel her body giving way. She had pushed herself had been running for who knows how long and was utterly exhausted. If any thing she would collapse and lose consciousness. “No..no..no” she murmured to herself pushing herself further not about to give up on him and on herself. She knew she had to keep running she had to save him she had to stop him. She’d kill all on her way. Continuing her run she soon saw a group of armed soldiers blocking her way. It was pitiful that their existence would end like this.

Leaping upward she sent her right foot the neck of one of the men kicking it with all he strength. The man’s neck snapped as she landed and soon standing to her feet sent the back of her elbow into the other soldiers chest fracturing his lungs and causing him to fall. One of the other soldiers grabbed her and around her neck gripping her tightly. Swiftly she sent the back of her head against his skull, before she sent a kick in front of her hitting another CORE agent trying to restrain her legs. Breaking free of the one mans grasp she flipped around to see that she was able to over come the first wave.

Soon gathering her bearings and seeing that she was gladly not wounded she continued on her brisk chase after him. She might not have had any thing in common with that man, she might not even had really liked him as an alley. But he was a team mate, part of her father’s Pack. She was her father’s daughter, she would do every thing in her power to protect them to protect him and to save Cifer.  As the sweat poured down her body and drenched her cloths as they mixed with the blood that seemingly encompassed her figure, she picked up his scent. Her emerald eyes widened as he pace sped up, she didn’t know how fast she was going. All she knew was that she’d find him…and find him first.

Anguish began to set in as she was at the end of her rope. Despair crept on and latched onto her back like a leach, a vampire slowly sucking the life out of her. Her exhaustion was beyond any thing, her senses where loosing themselves. Her body was limb and she could hardly continue running and even though she did she could barely control her movements. Before she was about to near the point of losing consciousness, she found herself clash with something resolving in a sudden thud and hr legs failing, causing her to fall backward. Moaning in slight pain of the impact of the fall on her spine she thought she had run into another platoon of men, she was wrong.

Instantly her eyes rested upon the being that stood before her. She gasped in totally shocks and relief as she was flooded with a river of emotions that swarmed with in her. “Cifer Arokine…. Shadowstep….your ok..” she whispered as she staggered to her feet trying to contain the amount of relief that she had been granted. “T-Talon…?” he said as a faint smile filled his pail face “Is…is that really you? It is isn’t it? But...” before could continue a spell of coughs came over him as he spat out blood. Grabbing onto Talon’s shoulder to maintain his balance she stood firm and grasped him till he could maintain his stance.

“Sorry…about that. The CORE’s telepaths…they did quite a number on me and my body is having a hard time kicking back into full gear. They...tore open my mind, picked it apart, sifted through all of my memories and brought to the surface details about myself that not even I was aware of.” Instantly regret came over her, they had already worked on him and for that she was dreadfully sorry. But before she could say something he continued “I suppose I should thank them for that though.” That caught her off gaud as she looked at him too see a dark smile appear.  “Because, if it were not for them…I would have never learned about my true self.”

Her eyes flashed up at him but before she could make any more she soon felt instant pain run through her already jaged body.  She stared up at him unable to speak de to the large amount of pain that ran through her body.  As some kind of shield encompassed the two “Once…you and I were very much alike. We were both weapons. We were programmed specifically by our Masters to maim, to murder, to cause death and to create destruction.” He whispered to her. She was unable to move partly because of the pain but even more so because, the fact was, she was too late. “But...then we were both fundamentally altered at the very core of our being by forces totally beyond our control. Forces that tried their hardest to make us more compassionate, more…Human even though they knew that in the end all of their work would have been for naught and that we would both revert back to our primal forms.”

He began to twist the blade in her stomach. As she gasped for air she began to taste blood inside of her mouth as nausea and pain began to mix. “Ci..Cifer” she was only able to muster before the pain over came her entirely as he kept talking “Listen closely now, for what I am about to tell you next is very important. All that exists on Earth-529 shall be replicated on Earth-616. Thanks to The CORE, The United Nations will finally be able to do its job and unite all nations both here and on worlds beyond this under Terran rule.” For a moment in time every thing stopped, replica 529? Never! That was not possible there was no way they could do that, no! She’d stop them she’d fight them like she did last time!

“ You and I, who are slated to become the first Soul Hunters….” “Soul Hunter’s” the very beings that she had fought in her reality, They where he enemies she hated them! She hated the humans! All of them! But no, she’d never become that she could not! This reality has ever known, will be instrumental in making that dream a reality. But first we must remove the artificial soul that was grafted onto your being; we must also destroy this “Laura Greystroke” persona and reawaken your true self: X-23."  With that he removed the weapon from her stomach as she cringed in pain, as she fell backward. And as she did she found energy that had been bent  into chains that curled around her wrists.

“You’re probably wondering right now where the Hell I got the katana. Truth to be told it was in my hand the entire time; they just didn’t want you to see it until the time was right.” She stared at him,  she was to late she had not made it she failed. She was an epic failure. As she stared up at Cifer pain filled her emotional pain that she could not describe. He was gone, Shadowstep was gone. And now that he was gone she knew it was over. And with that she began to lose consciousness entirely. As she laid on the cold floor a tear slid down her cheek as she could only pray for them to have mercy on her soul, because she knew very soon. She would lose it and all the humanity with in her......

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By Hawk

"He did what??!!" The red face commander screamed at the top of his lungs, stabbing his finger in the chest of the sergent in front of him. "Sir he blew up a helicopter and threw it ...um...at...a building."  The viens popping out of his face sent the message, even though his word became a jumbled mess of spit and vulger language. The message was still the same,  "Get me HAWK!"

With those words planes hit the termac and men loaded up their guns and ammo. The sky filled with planes all heading for one target, "Are we really going after him? Isn't he.....?"  The red lights inside the plane made the men inside it look like night stalkers. But really they were all glad that the dimness of the lights hid their sweat and nerves. "Yes, we've got our orders ...And yes he is...The former ICE agent code man, Hawk black  opts specialist Weapon X"  With those words the men in the plane tightened up their weapons and put on their game faces. They were going into battle, they were going to face their worst nightmare, a killer who had no hesitation and nothing to live for.  

Ready men! 3.....2....1....GO GO GO! The red light turned to green and all of the mens fears and doubts were left behind as they moved to the open door with out hesitation. Darkness and wind passed by them as they dropped out of the plane keeping in mind their Sgts last words of advice. "Pull your ripcoard at the last possible moment, this man owns the sky, don't speed much time there."  They dove further and further dropping from the sky more like rocks, than the bird that they chased. As the ground came chasing towards them, a sudden tug pulled them back as they deployed their shoots.  

Moving in the night they came up to the location the intel had provided them. Guns drawn they turned the corner ready to take down the ledgend. There in an empty alley was nothing. Where he was suppose to be only emptyness. "Bravo leader, this is team leader...target is not in...."  As he spoke the words he came down from the sky, landing with a whoosh. All of the men were on their backs looking up at warrior from the sky in astonishment. He stood over each of the men walking above them as they lay there, knowing that though they were armed they only lived because he willed it.  

I will not harm you brothers in arms. I just want you to know that I come with you, by my will alone. He spoke holding out his hands to the CO, showing that he carried no weapons and that they were not needed. Hawk turned letting his nanotech wings collaspes into his back until they were gone with out a trace. They would return ony when he called on them again. "Um..Bavo we have the target." The commander laughed over the microphone. "Team Leader, that was easier than expected Sgt, how did you capture him so fast?" The Sgt looked Hawk in the eyes before he spoke. "He is coming under his own free will commander."

The Next Day

He walked the prison yard like that of any other prisoner, amoung the imates in their respective groupings. He passed by the latinos, Asians, and then the blacks, all of them looking him up and down trying to protect their territory from the new prisoner who no one yet knew. As he walked past the Nazi's they called out to him. "Hey man come over here and join us, even a big boy like you needs protection"  He may have looked like he belonged a huge man covered in tattoos, but he had no love for the hate. "I'm fine just as I am." They laughed knowing that they would attack him soon, making him pick a side or die in prison.  

They moved in quick, seeing their opening. He felt them move behind him like the cowards they were. Being a big man they figure six or seven guys would be able to take him down easily. The first one came  and tried to knock him back, as he ran into him the man could only feel a wall of man in front of him. The others came on quickly like a brood of vipers, with make shift blades and weapons they came to kill or take out the newest member of this band of prisioners. But his hands moved faster than belief as he broke and maimed each man one by one until only their leader stood before him. Hawk turned his back on the man and walked past the upcoming guards. I don't need your protection. He made his way past the others never once looking over his shoulder or for attackers. On his first day in prison, he had become the most feared man there.

"I know you! I've seen you on TV!" A little mouse like man speaking to quickly for Hawk's southern liking squeaked in his ear. "Yeah your that guy, I saw you hold up a whole building to save a group of pre-schoolers." He didn't feel like explaining the saga of his life, that that was not actually him but Lord's Angel....he hated even thinking about it. "So your a hero! What are you doing in here?" Hawk gave him a stern look and at once the man quited, "I'm looking for someone who might know where something is......? Someone who thinks they are inoccent. Someone who thinks their mind was controled. You know anyone like that?" The mouse of a man scratched his head as he thought, like a tired old cartoon. "I might know a guy who fits that bill.....but it's gonna cost ya'" He almost laughed when mouseman said it. "Name your price."

The Hunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By The Hunter

Base of the Femme Fatales (Africa - 6:00 A.M.)

In the early morning sunrise, William walked out onto the balcony of Lady Tlieso's quarters.  A giraffe galloped along the horizon alongside a few zebras.  The birds had all begun their morning song as well.  Briefly, the Hunter closed his eyes and took it all in... every sound, every scent...  For once, everything seemed peaceful and he almost forgot what all had happened.  However, nothing had really gone away.  There was a price out on his head, his daughter was still missing, his brethren were being hunted down, and his team had all been targeted.

"You barely slept at all lastnight." a voice said from behind him.

William turned around to see Tlieso leaning against the doorway of the balcony.  "I suppose you're right....." he replied to her.  "I must have still been feeling the... intensity of it all....."  Though he was physically there with her, his mind was somewhere else completely.  Placing his palms on the stone guardrail of the balcony, Greystoke lowered his head and closed his eyes once more.  Though he tried not to express too much emotion in times like that, those who knew him would be able to tell exactly what strain was put upon him.

"Well," Lady Tlieso said before wrapping her arms around his waist from behind and leaning against him.  ".....you're safe now."

With a smile, William placed one of his hands upon hers.  "Yes," he said.  "But not for long....."  With a slightly graver tone, he continued saying, "It will be only a matter of time before we're found.  I hate running, but it ensures my freedom."  Greystoke then opened his eyes and turned around to face his lover.  Holding her in his arms, he looked at Lady Tlieso and said, "While I run, every member of Wolf Pack is in danger.  Certainly, that's nothing new for us; but now there are serious consequences ahead.....  More importantly, my people are being hunted down mercilessly and it's all because of ME....."

A tear fell from one of William's eyes as he continued saying, "Look, I want to live..... I want to be free..... but I can't do that if it endangers those I care about....."  For a moment, he had to look down.  "I want to see my daughter become fully grown..... I want to see her marry the man of her dreams and live in happiness.....  I want to lead the Pack into battle time and time again.....  I want to see the Lycan Underworld thrive....."  With a slight chuckle, he looked at Lady Tlieso and said, "....I want to have many more GREAT nights with you, my lady....."  Then in a more serious tone, he continued.  "However, nothing will happen as long as I continue to run..  I know what I have to do....."

"NO!" Tlieso interrupted, reaching up and covering William's mouth.

"Yes....." William replied, holding onto the hands of his lady.  "Do not tell anyone of what I plan to do."  Tlieso responded by merely nodding her head in agreement.  "I have left instructions for the members of Wolf Pack." he said.  "Oh, and one more thing....."  Reaching up, the Hunter removed a ring that was upon his right hand.  Though he had never really mentioned it, that ring held a special meaning.  Holding the ring up in front of Tlieso, Greystoke said, "This ring belonged to my father, and to my grandfather before him....  It represents the Greystoke Legacy and the pride of our heritage.  Please..... give it to my daughter....."

The instructions that the Hunter left for Wolf Pack were simple:  The Trinity would assume leadership in his absence, and the team was to regroup then remain hidden till everything had passed.  When they were cleared, they could take back control of certain Wolf Pack assets such as Greystoke Manor, the mountain fortress in Japan, and everything else.  In addition, he requested that the team find the scattered lycans and unite them.  For that task, Talon would be the key.  In his absence, the Greystoke Legend wished for his daughter to rule upon the throne.  Already, he had appointed several trusted lycans to serve as her advisers.  Finally, to prevent any further retaliation, there were to be absolutely NO rescue attempts of any kind.

With that, the Hunter took a hold of Lady Tlieso's hand and stepped through the shadows.  Because he knew that it would only bring about disagreement, the Hunter decided not to disturb any of the Wolf Pack members.  Instead, he let them sleep peacefully in their beds while he went off to face a life of incarceration.

Other Side of the Shadows  (North America - 11:30 P.M.)

The Hunter and Lady Tlieso stepped out of the shadows.  Before them lay a huge prison complex.  Completely unarmed, the Hunter was absolutely defenseless.  Having Lady Tlieso with him helped to relieve some of his apprehension.  For a moment, the two of them stood far off from the complex and out of the facility's line of sight.  "I'm sorry it had to be this way." William said to her.  Without saying a word, the Hunter took his lady in his arms and kissed her one last time before forcing himself to pull away.  Another tear slid down the side of his face and he turned silently and began walking towards the prison.

Now allowing himself to look back, William walked directly into the spotlight.  "HOLD IT RIGHT THERE!" a voice said from the tower as the spotlight focused on him.  Taking in a deep breath, William closed his eyes, dropped down to his knees, then placed his hands upon the back of his head.

"It's him!" a guard yelled.  "It's GREYSTOKE!  Move!  Move!  Move!"  With that, nearly fifty guards armed with assault rifles came out through the gate and swarmed around the Greystoke Legend.  The fierce warrior offered no resistance as he was brutally tackled to the ground and beaten.  What was once a proud hunter had become the prey.  Bruised and bloodied, William was then handcuffed with maximum-strength bonds and led inside the prison.

Since there were already other lycans at the prison, the guards knew how to deal with William Greystoke.  A reinforced titanium collar was clamped down upon William's neck.  On the inside were sharp silver spikes that poked into his skin.  This was to prevent any possible full lycan transformation on William's part.  For further "preventative" measures, adamantium-plated chambers were tightly locked down upon Greystoke's hands to make sure that he could not use his adamantium claws.

As he was led to the cell block, the other inmates in their cells began talking amongst themselves.  Indeed, the Hunter had quite a reputation.  Spitting, threats, and curses all poured down from the cells.  The guards then roughly threw William into a cell of lycans.  Like dogs, the men were chained down.  Each one had a collar like William's upon their neck.  Without saying a word, the beaten-down Hunter took a seat as he was chained down like an animal.

Though his freedom was gone, Wolf Pack would eventually be safe....
Shadowstep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By Shadowstep

"I'm coming, Laura. Don't give up." Sylver whispered seconds before a frightening shadow masked her soul-piercing eyes. "If they harm you, may the last thing they see on God's Green Earth, be their own blood, and the last thing they hear be the raw shrieking of the full grown men among them. And then they shall know what horrors they have awoken."

"You shouldn't use such strong words Sylver Tiana Cathal. They make you look weak." Cifer's voice rang out from the Heavens above just moments before a teleport flare signaling his arrival at the front gates illuminated the darkness blanketing the world around them. Cifer stood before her all cleaned up, wearing a white jacket and sash over an exact replica of his old Shihakushō and sporting the same dark grin he had on his face while stabbing Talon.

His eyes had changed though, they were no longer that of man whose very being was his own, they were those of a man whose very being now belonged to others. When he spoke, the words he spoke were not his words, they were the words of someone else talking through him. "You also shouldn't underestimate the power of our Telepaths or...the power of our Mages. That just makes you look like a fool. They knew you were coming even before you did. They also knew that you are destined become the third Soul Hunter." As he spoke, he unsheathed his katana and pointed the tip at Sylver.

"Of course...given that you and Talon are so alike in terms of personality I already know that you won't come quietly. So I have no choice but to force you into submission and make you come." The world around them began to quiver as the exposed main entrance to CORE HQ along with the bodies of those Sylver had killed and those she had failed to kill vanished leaving the two combatants standing alone in the middle of an empty wide-open field at the heart of densely wooded forest.

Cifer briefly took one eye off of Sylver and glanced at the empty space around them. "Huh. Director Valentine must have shut down The Dimensional-Wave Inducer and shunted CORE HQ into "The Back-Up" for the time being. Which means...it is just the two of us now. All right then, draw your sword...Sylver. Show me exactly what you can do with that precious Caldavich of yours!" Cifer roared as he anchored his arm back and then made an attempt at striking Sylver with his katana. If he succeeded his blade would connect with the top of her right shoulder and would then proceed to carve a deep but non-fatal wound into her body, one that would reach all the way down to the edge of the curve of her left hip.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#70  Edited By _Sojourn_

The New Outsiders had just finished their first ever press conference. And to his surprise nothing went wrong, which was perfect, because things usually went wrong for him. They stood there talking about it, and some seemed to be against it, although not whole heartedly, and some seemed to be in full compliance with the idea of teaming up with Veritas. Slight thought that it might be a good thing to receive help for a more established team, and so did Magick, but Power Surge, and Crysta didn’t sit well with it. Which for him, was an understandable feeling, since they’d never met. Slight was about to inform them both that they had nothing to worry about, well save the fact that The Solis was a little arrogant, and high on himself, but for any reason to be scared or wary, they had none. Then, something unexpected happened. That safe feeling, the residual nothing-had-gone-wrong feeling vanished. An explosion from a building not far from where they all stood happened. This was a double edged sword, it would provide them with a chance to show themselves off, but at the same time people were likely dead, and it was an explosion.  

Then an idea popped into his mind. He knew that he was not in fact against the Wolf Pack, and he really wanted to lend a hand. He also knew that they could not run forever and that they would eventually be caught. This also meant that they would have to be taken to a very high, if not super max prison, where most if not all of them, would be held. So if he could somehow get into that prison then he’d be able, with the power of the Oracle Force on his side, to break them out, and have all attention shifted towards the New Outsiders. Now this sounded like he was backstabbing his own team, in which he’d put so much time and effort, and pride into. A team that he’d just announced would keep the peace, but he saw now that what must be done, had to be. 

The idea was simple,… get arrested. Slight would, while in Oracle mode be able to access telepathic abilities in which he would be able to relay the plans to his fellow team members and most importantly Magick. He knew that she had in her strong leadership ability and this would give her a big task, and it would show him just how well she could do. There was no doubt in his mind that she would do fine, no, exemplary. All of this, played out in his mind within a minute, which was already too long, but the public who was still watching might would think that it was just because they were all marveling at the actual beauty of the marvelous plasma. Slight, knowing the consequences started the plan that would help the world, or destroy the world he’d worked so tirelessly to create. In the short term it would seem selfish, he admitted, but in the long run it would be seen as courageous he hoped. Slight began to take flight, but not before he sent a telekinetic wave out behind him to keep his team mates in place. He saw from the corner of his eye, Crysta yelp for air, and he relinquished the barrier just a touch so that she could be more comfortable. They would know soon enough what this was for. The fire from the building poured from the gaping mouth the explosion made. And Slight looked it right in the metaphoric face. To get himself arrested, he would have to do something drastic, and that is what he did. 

Still high above the ground, he placed his hands downward, palms facing that way as well. New York was just as much sewer pipes, as it was sidewalks and buildings. Taking this knowledge, he used his water controlling ability and ripped a water main pipe, a vital part of any city, and expensive as hell to repair, up from the ground. Water poured from the opening, and sprayed everywhere. Guiding that very water upward into a reverse waterfall, he directed its cooling grace towards the burning war inside the building. His goal was to inflict more damage than good, and this would do it. With the ability of hydrokinesis, one could do all sorts of things included increasing pressure one thousand fold. Slight increased that water’s pressure three thousand to ensure nothing would be left standing in it’s watery wake. The blast of liquid tore through to the other side, bringing rubble with it. The ceiling collapsed from loosing the other supportive wall, and then the second floor buckled under the stress.  

All in all, Slight had become a huge pain in the ass. And it would surely land him a spot in a jail with at least one person that had information on were the Wolf Pack members was being held. Now, he had to do something he’d feared for a while, tapping into the Oracle power that had brought him so much power and pain. Looking deep within himself, he found the spot of connection, and with that, brought out the ambivalent force. Because it was always inside him, Avery could continue the plan without informing it of what needed to be done. He sent out the telepathic message to all of the New Outsider members. 

“Let me say first of that I am truly sorry for what I am doing. But understand that this is for the betterment of the world, you will be able to see in due time. I’ve come up with a plan that will finally be let the world see that heroes are for the good, and that making them pariah’s are not the way of solving problems with them…Magick, I leave all power in your hands, and as first task, I want you to hand me over to the highest of authorities. The reason being, I need to get in with at least one person who knows where the Wolf Pack members are, and if I’m lucky then I’ll be sent to a prison where they are. I know this doesn’t make sense but my mind is very unstable at the moment, with trying to figure everything out right now…” 

With that, he fell to the ground. Unconscious, but he could feel the presence of his friends around him, and policemen, and bystander who would turn into haters. His hope was that by the New Outsiders turning him in, public would see that they would no doubt hold up their promise of no matter who, or what they would protect the people.

cly

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By cly

New York

Darkness. The absence of light. The rider stood, toes over the side of the roof a large building, attentive to the busy streets below.

Moments earlier, the road had been blocked off, the city block had grown quiet. A multitude of armed police and other law enforcement officers surrounded the immediate area. The Hunter, along with the rest of the Wolf Pack, had been spotted, and surrounded. With no way out, but with force. Having arrived right before a massive battle, that would have broken out, Cly had 'borrowed' three powerful flash bang grenades. Giving a telepathic warning to the Wolf Pack, he had tossed the grenades at precisely the right positions in space. Time slowed for a moment, as the light erupted, blinding everyone who was unprepared. Seizing his opportunity, the rider atop his dragon had hoped to snatch and grab what members of the Wolf Pack he could get, with the intention of talking to them.

It had not been so. Using the knight's distraction as a means for escape, the Hunter had exited the area in the blink of an eye, far enough away, that the stunned officers would have difficulty catching up. But all it takes is one, one rookie on the radio, catching a glimpse of the enemy. He had alerted the others, who would have surely cornered the Wolf Pack again, if not for the winged, angelic appearing, Hawk. Inflicting few causalities, injuring some, and dishing out a little more than a few paychecks worth of damage, Hawk had allowed for the Pack to escape. Cly had stood there, watching, waiting, wondering, what he could do. Pursue the Wolf Pack? Fight Hawk? He shook his head. The Hunter was long gone by now, and as for Hawk, Esmeralda might be mistaken as an enemy. And as soon as it had begun, it came to an end. It appeared to be... no it was, Hawk had landed, drawn in his wings, and had surrendered.

Brushing the dark black hair from his eyes, Cly let himself fall. Her voice filled his mind. >Try to stay in one piece, rider.< He smiled, as he left the top of the building. No guarantees. Free falling, gaining speed, the wind ruffled his t-shirt and jeans. Accelerating down towards the ground, he knew what he had to do. Concentrating, he sent out a telepathic message to all of the police and law enforcement. Yo dudes! I mean...err...um...Police. Don't look now, but another winged beast is posing to take out your entire team. About to hit the ground, the rider felt Esmeralda grab hold of him, and place him on her back. She landed down to the ground, a group of police officers backing away in fear. >Cly, I don't like one hundred laser pointers directed at my face.< His eyes widened. Oh, oops! Cops, you can lower your guns. It was only a joke, you know? The didn't seem in the joking mood, but they lowered their weapons. Even though she may look fierce, she can be as gentle as a house cat. Sliding down her shining scales, one of the police whispered to Cly, "Aren't house cats kind of, well, feisty sometimes." Cly smiled. "My point exactly."

Shifting gears, remembering what he came to do, he spoke up, "Quick! Help those who were wounded! We still have a chance to save them. I can heal them, as long as they are alive." He ran towards many that were barely holding on. Along his path, he saw Hawk, who was handcuffed and had many men around him, ready to fire off a round if he tried anything. What sacrifice. For a moment, it seemed like what Hawk did could be considered noble. Cly then looked and saw all the blood and gore. What destruction. He changed his mind in a heartbeat. Healing all of the people who could be healed, not fully, but to a stable state. Minutes passed, and he sat down, exhausted. Brushing off rubble that had fallen all over his shirt, he took in a deep breathe. The police chief, approaching him, spoke. "Thank you for what you have done here. Without you, a lot of good men would have perished." The rider forced a grin. "There will never be a time where the world will not need heroes." An with that, he was gone, swept away by the unbelievable speed of the Queen of the Skies. The police chief placed his hat back on his head. "Let's move on, we have the wings clipped on the one we want." He motioned to Hawk.

Dragon and Rider skimmed across the clouds, headed to where the wind would take them. >What do you think will happen with the Wolf Pack?< He closed his eyes. Who knows? Good can come out of a situation like this, don't give up hope. This isn't over yet!
talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By talon_x23

Her location was in a cell. Fortified with an unknown metal stronger than Adamatium and Vibranium. The lighting was dim, and gave the room a gloomy feel, along with a red ora, as it entrapped the little girl. There was the constant dripping of water that would drive any one insane , but not her. The cell was empty except for a stool in the corner. And that was where she sat. Hunched up her face berried in her legs. Her dangled locks laid across hiding her face and her blood shot emerald eyes. She was unsure about how long she had been here. All she knew was that she had not slept since she awoke and even though she was still reeling from the effects of her wounds both physical and mental.

The lights flickered as she raised her head to revile her gray colored eyes and stared at the walls. Her eyes changed with her mood, if she let them. She was able to change them on thought. Any way since this was not exactly hr real form she could slightly alter certain aspects of her appearance in order to adapt to her surroundings like she was. Looking at the would that her team…Cifer has caused in her chest she found the healing process to be greatly painful and long. She placed her right hand over the wound pressing the flesh back in placed with her muscle as her stomach was barely healed and just able to work.

She thought about what happened. He remembered staring into his eyes. Those cold eyes, they remained her of some one, her father. Her biological father Weapon Alpha, James, those eyes. They where cold heartless uncaring only caring about one thing, the mission.

“ You and I, who are slated to become the first Soul Hunters….” She thought over those words that seemed to bounce off the walls of her broken mind. Soul Hunters she knew who they where but the question was how as it possible to do this? But first we must remove the artificial soul that was grafted onto your being; we must also destroy this “Laura Greystroke” persona and reawaken your true self: X-23."   That was the part that worried her that chilled her to the bone. He knew, they knew about the truth and it scared her. They knew the secret behind every thing of this girl. She was a soul, that’s all the body…was a simple shell in the body of a machine. A ghost, her soul was movable and was simply able to be transferred into another body of tier choosing,

That’s why they where called Soul Hunters. A Soul that could be moved, never could die and could be simply transferred to another body in order to complete the right job. Due the advanced technology of reality 529, she had been turned into a weapon! She was not real just some replica some clone and what ever was going to happen she would not let it. She’d fight, she’d fight to become a weapon. Her further, he’d come for her she knew he would. If she could not get out Wolf Pack would come through…there was no doubt but the only thing was when? And would they be to late?

As she continued to ponder these harsh thoughts the mechanical door opened slowly as a tall dark and slightly robust man entered the room. He had long dark brown hair that went just past his ears. He was dressed in a casual jeans along with a blue shirt. He had brown glasses that where oval in shape along with slightly dry lips. His emerald eyes starred at her for a moment before he looked outside the cell and nodded his head as the door slowly closed shut behind him and blotted tightly. With that he took a seat on a stool that seemed to materialize before he sat himself down.

Flipping his glasses down he stared at her for a long time. She avoided eye contact with him and tried not to look but she found herself in an eye lock with this man. “Laura Greystoke?” he eventually said. Laura remained silent “Are you Laura Greystoke daughter of the recently captured King of the Lycan empire, William Gryestoke?” She froze as she stared at him in sudden shock, captured? How could this have happened. Seeing the interesting in her eyes he added “He seemingly gave himself in…for what reasons I don’t know but it was pretty stupid.” “No..” she growled in a low voice.

His attention was soon drawn as her heard her low and slightly disturbing voice as it echoed off the empty walls. “What was that?” he asked as he removed his glasses. “I said no, he did it to protect the people he cared about. It was not stupid, it was honorable and courageous.” She had now gained his fill attention he marveled at her speech and how she did not seem to disrespect him only ensuring her father’s good name was preserved. “I see, now..what about Shadowstep?” The question shook her as the  hidden anger soon arose with in her though she remained silent.

A devious smile appeared on his face as he leaned forward to touch Laura on the cheek. But she didn’t pull back she let him touch her all she did was shut her eyes yet showed no singe of disgust. “You’ve come far way my dear, a lot father than most Weapon Alpha victims..” he chuckled slightly “Most of your team mates either are insane or dead…you..appear to be neither” her eyes raised as she looked at him darkly, “Then you are wrong..because I am both” though her words where few he took great interesting in every word she said. Running his hands through his hair he continued to ask “So, mind telling me about Wolf Pack? Where are they, what are their defenses…if any one you must know far more concerning well you’re his daughter?”

She despised his questions yet retained her all out composure as she answered monotonously “I will not tell you any thing Sir.” His eye brows raised as he was caught off guard with her respect by addressing him as “sir”, “Why?” he started “Why do you respect me like I was your leader?”   She paused a moment she didn’t fully know why. “You never treated HYDRA, SHIELD or any one who imprisoned you like this, so why me…why the CORE.” Her answer was brief but understanding “Because with out you I would not exist you gave me life, and I should have some respect for those who created me should I not?”

With that he got to his feet and nodded his head and briskly left. Leaving Laura slightly confused. Why did he come here just to ask questions that he knew could never be answered not by her never! She knew that he must have know that, and why where they taking so long. She should have already been assimilated by now..but they where holding back for some reasons.   They didn’t want to control her just yet but why, why keep her humanity for what purpose. As she continued to think she began to feel groggy as the effect of the gas that they where spraying into her cell crept into her lungs. At first she began to feel tired and then disorientated. She didn’t know for how long but eventually she collapsed all together on the floor.

She began to cough violently as blood was coughed up as well. Her breathing began to speed up as she began to feel strange. Eventually se was able to muster up the strength to push her back up against the wall as she took in deep breaths that pained her throat every single time. Feeling the sudden feeling that she needed to get something out of he system she began to vomit, blood from her mouth as she was out of breath. This continued for a few minuets but felt like an eternity. Talon never got sick! She never did get any kind of sickness  this feeling of actually inner body disorders was frightening to her and new.

Eventually she was able to regain her composure and hold back the urge for now. By now part of the floor was covered in the blood tat and come froth from her mouth along with certain stomach acid and blood. As she staggered to sit down the door opened once more as the same man entered this time dressed in a full lab uniform. At this time Laura was taking in deep breaths as she would completely out of breath. He seated himself across from her life before, but this time he had writing ad and   pen which made her even more confused. “Now…About Shadowstep” She sighed as she recalled him diverting this question before.

“What is he too you?” the questions was slightly shocking as she raised her eyes staring curiously at the man. She wiped her mouth with the back of her hand before she replied “My team mate” she answered simply. He chuckled slightly as he removed a small device, pressing a button on it a holographic screen appeared showing, the moments of Talon running through the facility in order to fine her team mate shouting his name over and over. Deactivating it he turned his attention back to her with a sinister smile “If he was just a team mate why where you so desperate to find him? In there any thing else?” The question made her uneasy like he was implying there was more to the truth of her answer “No, he’s my team mate and I will die for him, for any of my team mates. That is how I work and how I will.” He was satisfied with her answer as he went on.

“What do you feel toward him?” if the other’s caught her off guard this one would have made her fal to the floor out of shock. She tired to make it appear that she was fine but honestly this was crazy! She was getting a counseling session from an Agent of CORE…What the hell was going on! “Laura..answer the question” he said. Mustering up” her composure she sighed “I feel nothing toward him” “Oh but how so, you appeared so desperate to find him, you where crying..and your telling me you feel nothing..?” he said with that same devious smile on his face one she just wanted to slice off. “He it my team ma…” “He’s more than that” the agent finished off her sentence cutting her short. “You are incorrect.” “Am I” he said with his right eye brow raised.

“Now…you will tell me every thing you know about Wolf Pack and about the members…oh and will become a CORE agent like you fellow team mate..” Running her hand through her locks as she wiped her blood shot tired eyes she answered “No”. Jotting something down on his pages he said much more devilishly “If you don’t we’ll kill Shadowstep…simple as that”  She showed no singe of emotion at those words but at that moment she was in a battle with her conscience. Fighting over what she should do, she knew the logical choice let one team member die who was already controlled and assimilated instead of the whole team, but then why was it so hard! Even though she hid it he could see the inner conflict and soon got up. “Too bad…he was such a success” “Why would you kill him, he’s the first you can’t do that!”

Laura shouted he stopped instantly as he turned back to look at the mangled teen. “We can make more..you should know all we need is one to make a million.” She froze as she remembered what they had done, and was silent. “Well then if that’s your final answer I’ll make sure you watch every thing about his death..” With that the door opened as he slowly stepped out, and only when the door was half way shut she screamed “WAIT!” Instantly the door stopped and began to open as he entered once more “Yes Laura Greystoke, what is it?” He said just to taunt her. Taking a deep breath she stood in attention “I will comply to your wish’s and supply you with any and all information involving Wolf Pack and their allies, as long as you…”

She paused a moment wondering why, she was doing this. Just for a team mate?...no there was something more..he was more but she didn’t know what. “As long as you do not harm Shadowstep” He nodded his head in agreement as the door opened fully, outstretching his hand he answered “Well done, good choice, now accompany me to the many rooms where we shall begin once more…your assimilation into the CORE.” She didn’t hesitate she didn’t even fight it, taking his hand she accepted and didn’t think of fighting. Because she knew that what ever she did, Cifer would be hurt, and she could not let that happen.

Magick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Magick

Magick was relatively content at the moment. Nobody had gotten shot during the press conference, so that was good, (although it did mean that she now owed Slight twenty dollars because of a bet). Even though the situation was dire, she had alot of confidence in the plan. Then, out of now where, there was a mass explosion in a nearby building Causing Magick's ears to ring for a few moments. By the time she had regained her bearings Mr.I'm-a-big-water-hero-so-I-can-just-go-off-to-save-the-day-with-out-my-team was already flying to the rescue. Magick started to sprint to the building as well, but as she was running, her face slammed against a wall. When she looked up, however, she found there to be nothing there. Cautiously she reached out her hand, and again, it hit a wall. A telekinetic feild. Slight. Of all the stupid, overly heroic, idiotic- Magick sighed. Slight was know for being overly good, but why would he want to block the Outsiders from a simple explosion? Like they couldn't handle something like that.  

What Slight did next made Magick's mouth hang open. He used his powers to lift a water pipe out of the street, and turned it on the flaming building, making the situation entirely worse. So that was why he had blocked them. He had gone crackers. Maybe he had too many Advil this morning? Or maybe he had just cracked from the stress. As much as magick wanted to believe these things, they just didn't ring true. What could possibly be going through his head for him to inflict so much damage? Just as she was thinking this, Slight started talking at her in her head. This really annoyed Magick, as she didn't like the thought of someone who apparently was over using prescription drugs being inside her brain.  

“Let me say first of that I am truly sorry for what I am doing. But understand that this is for the betterment of the world, you will be able to see in due time. I’ve come up with a plan that will finally be let the world see that heroes are for the good, and that making them pariah’s are not the way of solving problems with them…Magick, I leave all power in your hands, and as first task, I want you to hand me over to the highest of authorities. The reason being, I need to get in with at least one person who knows where the Wolf Pack members are, and if I’m lucky then I’ll be sent to a prison where they are. I know this doesn’t make sense but my mind is very unstable at the moment, with trying to figure everything out right now…” 

He said this, then passed out. So much for him not being crazy. Because those were the words of a psycho. He didn't really expect her to send him to jail did he!? How could she do that? After everything they had been through together it would feel so much like betrayal. Then again, not doing it would feel much the same way. Magick silently resented Slight for putting this on her. The force field was down, and she and the other teammates started walking towards where Slight was slumped on the ground. the media was swarming them like vultures.  

"What happened?" 

"Why did he put out the fire that way?"  

"Does he have a history of mental conditions?' 

"Has he ever endangered citizens like this before?" 

"Do you still consider him a hero?"  

Magick bit her lip, trying to make a decision. Finally, she responded. 

"Slight has been acting weird for a while now. He's been easier to anger, and more violent.  We've all tried to tell ourselves it was nothing, but after the incident today, we can no longer continue that facade. I just did a magic scan of the area, and it told me that Slight was the one to engineer the explosion in the first place. Most likely so that he could put it out, and be seen as a great hero. This man is a criminal, and highly unstable. It is my recomendation that he be put in the strongest and most escape proof prison possible." 

Magick couldn't say any more, if she did, the tears that were welling up in her eyes would spill onto her face. She and her teamtes waited at the site for the police to come and collect Slight. By that time he was beginning to wake up. He looked at her as if to ask if she had followed his plan. 

"Yeah." Magick wispered. "But it was stupid. And crazy.  And I'm really really pissed at you right now." Then she felt complied to add "Don't get killed or anything okay?" 

"Wasn't planning to."
He smirked. The police put him those super annoying power drainer handcuffs and shuffled him over to a temporary holding cell within a vehicle for transport.  Just as he was getting in, Magick caught out of the corner of eye Crysta subtly flicking something into Slight's hair. It looked like a tiny blue feather, maybe about half a centimeter in size.
Legacy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Legacy_

Family Reunion

These insconsiderate primitives and their words of intimidation.  Solis acted cocky, Kurrent was arrogant, and the Genisis ignorant.  Men that gradually ignored the words of Closure.  No matter their actions toward a former teammate, Jonathan would simply ignore.  Just than a slight disconnection rung in his right ear, hard breathing and the voice of Day Hunter. He must have murdered an assassin loyal to the Future Conquerors.  Cunning and tactical the Day Hunter had managed to kill one of the ten who are hidden in the dark. Gradually slipping away from the pack, Closure spoke into the microphone so his former brother may here is words.

"Should I be amazed?  Killing one of my men does not disturb me.  I know your somewhere and I will find you."

The discussion over a virus affecting the super-human caught the attention of Funez II.  How it affected Kurrent and Solis greatly, the only solution - the blood of Gambler.  Whomever designed this plague must have been fascinated with the egotistic french assassin.  This cure for a disease that inflicted pain into the bodies of heroes seemed like a cheap co-op for a confrontation between Veritas and Gambler.  The golden super charged super hero quickly turns his body. He releases a small burst of heat vision from his inhuman eyes, burning a small piece of the wall revealing the new target of his scorn Gambler.  

"We have guests huh speak of the devil
."     

Without having to concentrate on what sort of fallout would occur, Jonathan was absolutely correct.  "Have him injured so when I come back, I can kill him without the exercise."  Dressed in black attire with swords of crimson, believers in Closure descended from above.  Together in an agitated trance they seeked death for their weapons.  Pushing a dented door aside, minor coughs exert from his lungs.  Wiping saliva off the corner of his lip, hands slips into pockets and dagger are tightly gripped. 

"Come on dickhead!  Its time to diffuse this situation.  Gambler and his accented insults can await my presence.  Why are you here?  I've been gone for months and it feels like eternity." 

Carbon dioxide breathed done his neck and feminine fingers brushed against his neck.  He drops to his knees and his eye rolled back.  Clara Mass entered the scenary and sent a shock wave of memories into his brain stem.  Kneeling done to face her nephew, she whispers a silent phrase and fades with the wind.   

"Remember who you are..." 

He was bothered by her annoyance, whatever he did to banish his father's sibling did not work.  Her acts of angelic guidance were not needed in his life.  His decsions were not to be associated with her.  Regaining his sight, Closure quietly relaxed his nerves by inhaling and exhaling.  Only because he needed to scan the area around him, for the seconds that Clara Mass had taken away from him could lead into anything disasterful.  By returning to the offensive position, a sound set off the alarms of self-security. 

"Its over." 

Enraged by being spooked by previous actions and people that go bump in the night, like a force of nature, two adamantium daggers glide as a pair hoping to tear the flesh of the possible hostile.   

Following this maneuver, Jonathan rolls in the armadillo position.   

By hiding behind a broken wall with green vines laying atop, he silently waited for any type of response.

Failing to prepare, is preparing to fail 

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By Sylver

"You shouldn't use such strong words Sylver Tiana Cathal. They make you look weak."   

The hair on the back of Sylver's neck prickled, like a rabid dog seeing its next prey.  She knew the voice; it was Shadowstep's.  A flash of light erupted in front of her, where he appeared, a cocky grin spread of his face.  Sylver clenched her fist.  She sincerely hoped that her chance to tear that smug look of his face would come soon.   

"Very well," She hissed, a tight boiling anger flaring in her chest, "I'll use stronger actions to verify my words...like ripping your lungs out."   

As if she hadn't spoke, he continued. "You also shouldn't underestimate the power of our Telepaths or...the power of our Mages. That just makes you look like a fool. They knew you were coming even before you did. They also knew that you are destined become the third Soul Hunter."   

Sylver felt her fangs extending and her patience growing thin.  The way he said "our Telepaths" and "our Mages" was downright creepy.  Something odd...abnormal was stringed in with his mocking tone.  Something evil.  Then, he pointed his katana at her, disrupting Sylver from her wonderings.  Her lip curled back, a low growl rumbled from her throat.  Bull crap on all this!  Third Soul Hunter? What the junk was that?  Mages, telepaths, or the darkest things of Hell...it didn't matter. She would rescue Talon.  She WOULD kill Shadowstep. 

"Of course...given that you and Talon are so alike in terms of personality I already know that you won't come quietly. So I have no choice but to force you into submission and make you come."     

Sylver's stone-still face almost cracked into a smile.  Him? Force her?  Into submission?  Her eyes became a solid black.  Well then...it was time to teach a lesson, that there are impossible feats in the world.  And he was on a suicide mission.  Sylver opened her mouth to speak, but then, something strange happened.  The forest around them appeared to shimmer and bend in image, like a mirage.  Sylver's hand flew to the hilt of her sword, but did not pull it out.  Her eyes studied this trick...or illusion, but couldn't make sense of it.  Then, without a sound, the base, the men, and the murdered were gone.  Vanished.  Sylver blinked, slightly shocked. 

Dang.  That was unexpected. 

Her military training kicked in then.  Don't take your eyes off the enemy!  Her thoughts screamed.  Watch him when something not forseen occurs.  Study his emotions, his actions.  Find a weakness. 

Cifer briefly took one eye off Sylver and glanced at the empty space around them   "Huh. Director Valentine must have shut down The Dimensional-Wave Inducer and shunted CORE HQ into "The Back-Up" for the time being. Which means...it is just the two of us now." 

Sylver chuckled darkly.  You bet it is.  No one to save you now. 

"All right then, draw your sword...Sylver. Show me exactly what you can do with that precious Caldavich of yours!"  Like lightning, he charged Sylver, his katana ready to strike.     

Split seconds before he'd reach her, Sylver snapped her fangs at him like a vicious wolf, concentrated fury and dark hunger etched into her face.  "FOOLISH INSECT!" She bellowed, "YOU CANNOT STOP THE DEAD!"   Then, the dam of anger and hate Sylver had held against him broke, and became an attack.   

Narrowly missing the katana's blade by an inch, Sylver ducked and lunged forward in a swift motion.  Without a second thought, she grabbed his forearm, just below the elbow, and snapped it upward: a position the bone was not meant to bend.  Now, with his good sword-arm broken, her other hand gripped around his neck, like an iron brace.  It took coordination, and quick thinking, but now, she had Shadowstep right where she wanted him. 

Her obsidian eyes met his and with a sickening laugh she picked him up, into the air, as if he were a toy. 

"Traitor."  She hissed. "AAAAHHHHH!!!"  Then, with all the hate-bound strength she could cunjour, Sylver slammed Cifer into the ground, denting the earth.  Her hand still squeezing his neck like a vice, Sylver leaned closer. 

"You...stupid, vile animal,"  She started, a burning anger seeping into her voice, like venom, "You betrayed us!  You betrayed the William, Laura...EVERYONE! And for what?"  Sylver gripped tighter.  "Never mind, I don't want to know.  Whatever it was, it was clearly number one on the list of your priorities.  And now...I'm going to show you mine: killing the gutless dirt bags who take my friends.  I am not as forgiving as Talon, Cifer.  I am your worst nightmare: a painful death beyond words.  You're lucky...I would spend all day torturing you...but I have someone to save.  Someone who trusted you." 

For a moment, Sylver considered squeezing the life out of him.  It would be satisfying to watch him strangle under her, helpless.  But she had to be quick; Talon needed her.  She would have to find some other way to relish his death. 

"You'd better start learnin' to pray, wretch...because no one down here's going to save you."  With a cold, wraith-like silence, Sylver leaned forward, her mouth just inches from his ear.  She smiled.  She'd done this sort of thing before...when battling Darkchild in Scotland.   He'd gotten lucky and escaped.  But here, pitting themselves up against Sylver, there was no hope.  No luck.  No chance. 

And so, she screamed.  That famous, skull-splitting sonic-scream of hers that could rip the sanity right out of a person as their ear drums and blood-vessels burst rapidly.  Instantly, the birds flying above them shrieked in pain, and then fell to the ground in a rain of black flesh.  Their brains had imploded.  And that was just the birds...there were hundreds of animals surrounding them that had just collapsed, bleeding and dying, as the waves of sound shattered through them.   

In this state of wrath, it took every part of Sylver's mind to keep her bloodlust-nature under control...she wanted so badly just to lose charge over herself, to give in and drink Shadowstep dry.  But she wouldn't.  So she kept screaming.   No more mercy.  Had she been in this situation many, many years ago, she might have considered offering him redemption before his death.  Now....she would make sure that he paid.  With his life, his sanity, and his twisted, forsaken soul.
Lady Tlieso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#76  Edited By Lady Tlieso

"It's GREYSTOKE!  Move!  Move!  Move!"

Guards poured out of doors in the prison courtyard surrounding the Hunter, virtually ignoring her prescence in their haste to restrain the imagined killer. As the blows began to rain down upon his unresisting form she turned from the scene retreating to the shadows behind her. A strong hand grasped her arm before she could depart whirling her about, Tlieso stared coldly at the guard her pretty face an emotionless mask. His left eyelid began to droop and her released her arm before he vomited as the blood vessels in his brain burst from the weight of her thoughts. Turning her back on the scene behind her she disappeared into the comforting darkness of the shadows.

Light streamed through the open balcony doors as she emerged back into her bedroom in Sierra Leone, the faint breeze had swept his scent from the room. The only indication that she had not been alone were the rumpled bed and the ring that weighed heavily on her soul. Removing it from her pocket she stared at the offending item, a gift to be passed onto his daughter Talon. Sinking to the floor Tlieso clutched it to her chest as the enormity of his actions overtook her.

A faint rumbling woke her from her daze, the shadows had grown long around her as the sun moved overhead, hours had passed unnoticed since her return from the prison. The small phone flew into her outstretched hand, relief flooded through her as she saw the caller ID. "Hello Homicide," she answered with a smile.

“Lady Tlieso … I think you should come back to the manor… or what’s left of it. We were attacked, I don’t know by who, but I believe they took the other girls.”

"I'll be right there." She answered numbly before closing the phone and securing it to her side. It was all too much. First Hunter, now this. She needed to find Talon but had no idea where she was or time to track her, she would have to leave the ring where she knew the Lycan Princess would find it. Stalking into the shadows Tlieso materialized in Williams room in Greystoke Manor. The ring was smeared with her blood, her short nails had cut into the soft tissue of her palm without her realizing it. Placing it on his bed she entered the shadows once again.

Rage filled her as she saw how the Femmes home had been violated. As shots rang out on the floor above a grim smile came to her face. Someone would pay for this, for all the pain she held in her heart and payback might begin sooner than she hoped.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#77  Edited By _Sojourn_

Handcuffed, and led away, Slight ducked his head into the steel police car. As they drove away, he looked back out the window, to see Magick face. It was one of worry, and anger, mostly anger though. He knew what he’d done was a bad thing, and if the situation was any different, he would have never done something so barbaric, but it was what it was, and now he was going to jail.

At the city prison house, The Hydro Hero stood an immediate trial. The wait was not as bad as he thought it would be, since he knew the result of his actions would be prison, and not just any prison, the highest security they could possibly build. Part of him was delighted that they thought so highly of his ability. Slight was sitting behind a cheery oak bench, it smelled of sweaty palms and paper. There was an ink blotch that was at the dead center of the tables.

Slight’s lawyer walked up to him, and outstretched his hand, he told him his name. Taking his hand, he shook it, and wiped it off on his pants’ side. Slight hated to touch other people’s hands; one could never tell where it had been. After that was done, the judge walked out of her chambers, her face looked tired, and hoary. It should have been though; her age was clearly screaming early hundreds. She asked him, if he had anything to say for himself.

Avery, being the modest person he was, shook his head, signifying no, and she went on. Reading the charges, which he’d expected to be extreme in this case were worse than he’d imagined. She began “One count of extreme vandalism, destruction of state property, endangering public citizens, and one count of reckless endangerment leading to death.” His eye’s widened at the thought. The thought of him killing someone in his right mind; this couldn’t be, he couldn’t have murdered someone. It was impossible. But, as she read, he quickly took to the idea that it wasn’t.

The Water Guardian stood up, and began to speak once the trial was over. (It was not a jury trial, the judge would set the time in prison in this case) She said “A minimum of thirty five years” It almost made him vomit. The thought of his life being stripped away was more than he could bear. And, like many other people in his situation, he pleaded, out loud, trying to make her reconsider. But, her word was well…law. And he would have to face the music.

A week has passed…

Slight sat in the truck, his arms and legs restrained by power draining technology. He could only think that this was the biggest mistake of his life. He half heartedly regretted ever even getting the idea. But he knew that what he was going to do was going to help the world. And for that, he could endure. As the truck pulled into the entrance of the prison, he could hear men talking on the outside. They joked around about, the age of the new comer, and how he’d never make it in a place like this. They gave him, Slight, a maximum of a month before he’d committed suicide. Scoffing hardily at the idea, they opened the door to the back of the vehicle, and for the first time in three days, Avery could see sunlight. It startled him, then as his eyes adjusted, he saw gray bricks, and metal bars, and thick glass. Yes, this was indeed prison.

They led him, to the worst place he’d ever been. The showers; inside there, he was alone, because of his ability to control water, they didn’t want him to try anything. But, they did have a power inhibitor around his neck to prevent him from escaping. The stench of the mildew and bodies that had previously exited was punishment enough, but again, he would endure.

Being King of the Sea didn’t seem to matter much now that he was a number. His power didn’t seem to matter now that he was in a place where powers were all to common. And even worse, Slight was not sure that anyone from the Wolf Pack was here, all he could do was hope.    

Constantine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#78  Edited By Constantine

Nova barked orders at Con to go to Hawk, in all truth he was more concerned with her safety. He was ordered to go to Hawk and stop whatever he was doing in the city, he was just slightly preoccupied because amidst the confusion Dreadmaster had disappeared. Suddenly from the sky came a black bubble and it encased Nova, it was not large enough to contain both of them and Con felt that Dread didn't want it to. Even with his skills dread wouldn't be a match for Con and Nova, Scott wasn't sure he'd even be a match for Steph, especially with her newly found, or better phrased, given powers. Con quickly tried to make his way back up to his leader and brake through the bubble, but before he got within reach the two disappeared, leaving Scott to grasp at thin air. An animal like roar ripped through his lungs, angry at his own failure.

Using magic he searched the area, looking for a trace in their teleportation, something he could grab onto and use to get himself where they were. He found nothing, which frustrated him even more. He checked the com-link it would be able to pick up her signal if she was nearby, nothing happened, he'd have to go back to HQ to be able to find her signal if it was not within range of his. Then suddenly he remembered about Hawk, and the orders given to take him down. Even though he couldn't reach her he'd do something to help. He teleported to Hawk's destination, but it seemed he was too late, which was almost a relief, he appeared in time to see Hawk being taken into custody by police. He had been handled and Con no longer needed to even give a second thought about him.

He turned around the corner leaving the police to do their job and disappeared, reappearing in the safety of WAL HQ. He headed to the communications room, where he switched on all signals, his eyes quickly scanned for Nova's, if she was outside New York it may take a few minutes before they would receive her. He spoke into the mike and spoke to her com, "Nova? nova are you ok?... can you hear me? I'm coming to help you", he turned the mike off and flicked a switch widening the receivers making it easier for her to reply. Whilst waiting he sent a message out to the other WAL members, "this is Constantine speaking, we may have a situation, Nova is currently missing, any free members can you please come to HQ so we can set up a rescue party- Nova's safety is my main priority, as far as we know Wolf Pack could be innocent, let the police handle them..." he switched the mike off again. All he could do is sit and wait, if her tracking chip was still working she should appear on screen soon and if her com was working she'd be able to reply Con calmed himself down. Suddenly he jumped as from the corner stepped a dark figure "Hello Scott..." Con stared bewildered, how did he know his name? no one knew his name, not even in WAL...

Shadowstep

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By Shadowstep

"You...stupid, vile animal. You betrayed us! You betrayed the William, Laura...EVERYONE! And for what? Nevermind, I don't want to know. Whatever it was, it was clearly number one on the list of your priorities. And now...I'm going to show you mine: killing the gutless dirt bags who take my friends. I am not as forgiving as Talon, Cifer. I am your worst nightmare: a painful death beyond words. You're lucky...I would spend all day torturing you...but I have someone to save.  Someone who trusted you. You'd better start learnin' to pray, wretch...because no one down here's going to save you."

As Sylver's screams pierced the Heavens and brought death to the countless number of woodland creatures that had been watching this short spectacle from the beginning, the last remnants of Cifer's old self began to break their way through The CORE's telepathy-based programming. But as Sylver's screams became unbearable, Cifer began to thrash about wildly until, after a few moments, he grabbed her by her hair with the one arm she had failed to secure and slammed her face into the ground, thus forcing her to let him go.

"S-S-SHUT UP!" Cifer roared as he staggered his way up onto his feet, prepared to kick Sylver in the stomach, but was forced to come to a complete halt as a sharp, throbbing pain drilled its way to the core of his mind and broke open all of the floodgates, allowing streams of black blood to flow from his nose, ears and eyes. A series of violent coughs began to follow as well as the vomiting of even more blood and to add one final insult to injury, sent Cifer involuntarily walking enough steps forward to trip over Sylver's body and come crashing face-flat onto the ground.

Following a loud thud and a couple of strained groans, Cifer attempted to turn his body in the direction of the last place he remembered Sylver being. "NNNGGGHH...not a traitor...CORE...telepaths...mind-control...Soul Hunters...U-United Nations...J1NX...L-L-Laura...William...to be executed..." Cifer mumbled and moaned in despair, knowing that in his current condition he could not properly convey everything he was trying to tell a hopefully still-conscious Sylver. 

So he continued to repeat the words over and over again, not stopping until he knew for sure Sylver could understand what he was saying. "Not a traitor! CORE! Telepaths! Mind-Control! United Nations! J1NX! Laura! William! To be executed! Not a traitor! CORE! Telepaths! Mind-Control! Soul Hunters! United Nations! J1NX! Laura! William! TO BE EXECUTED! EXECUTED! EXECUTED! EXECUTED!" 

Tears were beginning to stream down Cifer's cheeks as he sobbed in despair, his healing factor was stalling and making it impossible for him to kick back into full gear. He was now an incommunicable, potentially irreparable wreck laying at Death's Door. He was in Hell and no matter how hard he tried he could not escape from it, he was no longer strong enough to do so. But that fact alone did not stop his still-functioning subconscious from begging for deliverance. 

It was then that a familiar sensation began to stir at the core of Cifer's very being and as that sensation grew stronger, radiant light erupted Heavenward, forming a column of energy as it drilled its way through thick cloud banks and pierced the night skies beyond. Then, just like that, both the radiant light and Cifer himself were gone, leaving in their wake the dying embers of a teleport flare.

Hawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Hawk

The orange jumpsuit and chains made him feel like a criminal, even though he knew they were the ones who deserved to be in here. They were the ones who brought an all out assault, they came over gunned and over manned, but he just was born for this. The guards walked him through gate after gate slowly knowing that the chains didn’t allow his legs to move very fast. As he walked by cell door after cell door he could hear them calling out with bird calls and howls. A sign of respect to a men who earned it.

48 hours earlier

The yard was empty when the guards walked him out. They told him to enter alone. As he walked in he could feel a trap brewing, someone was coming in the other side and Hawk could smell the sweat and adrenaline pour out from the man. Then the bitter smell of copper, blood. He saw the figure stumble into the darkness running as fast as he could fully chained. His long hair covered his face as he half ran half stumbled across the yard, like he was being chased. Then Hawk saw the others, 10 maybe 15 men walking slowly in the dark stalking their prey.

The long haired man ran right into Hawk as he stood under a light, his face still covered with blood and hair. Hawk looked down at the man who now lay on the ground, chained around his feet, hands and neck. "Hello old friend." A smile broke across the bloodied man's face. The next several minutes were filled with blood and voilence, Hawk ripped and tore through the men in front of him with little effort, though his hand were chained to his feet, he moved with strength and deadliness of a viper back into a corner. Then as another wave of men came after him, he heard it. CLICK..... The sound was something he had heard time and time again. With a burst Hawk jumped on his friend and new teammate. BOOM! The explosion filled the whole yard and heat flooded over his back charring his skin and melting his orange jumper onto body. Hawk let out a howl and he stood in the midst of the fire, letting Hunter catch his breath in his human form. Hawk's eyes were full of rage and fire, blood rain down his mouth and a savage growl escaped his lips. He was no longer the man who had raised to children, he was no longer a hero who had saved the world, he was what they trained him to be...the killer, the weapon. The wings that Hawk had commanded away just a week ago grew out of his back once again and reached to the sky. His chains lay around his feet as he searched for his target. Hunter looked up into the eyes of a killer in front of him astonished. "Oh shit!"  

Now

They marched them through the corriadors of the prision into an underground tunnel. They came out and were brought in through the side door. The courtroom was polished wood and suits, nothing like the place were they had just come. They sat them next to each other at the defendent's table and they waited on their lawyer. Hunter whispered to him below that which any human could hear. "Do we have a lawyer?" Hunter could sense the rage building inside of Hawk, "Oh shit!"

47 hours earlier

Hawk stood in the middle of the yard, or what once was the yard. Sirens and alarms went off all around them as he looked over the scene he had made with no hesitation. The guard tower lay crumbled on top of what once was the basketball court and the men who had attacked them had long been silenced. Hawk ripped the chains from around Hunters neck and hands. "Do you want to leave?" Hawk spoke knowing that 50 guards had them in their sights. "No we stay. We will face judgement, we will tell our side of the story."

Hawk nodded in agreement and his wings resided back in between his shoulder blades once again. Shots fired over and over again and blood pour out of their bodies. Hawk fell to the ground, his head bouncing off the cement.  

Courtroom

She walked into the courtroom with a swagger, heels clicking with every step. He didn't have to turn to know it was her, since the scent of her passed over him like a wave of desire. It had been 10 weeks since they had faked her death, 10 weeks since she had left him, 10 weeks since he had seen his kids. She stood next to him and looked him up and down, "Orange is not your color, love." He turned to look her in the eyes that were as blue as the ocean. "It's good to see you too Mani"

talon_x23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By talon_x23

The next moments of her life were hard to recall. They where vague almost like a dream one that had been long forgotten. She felt like her existence was about to come to an end, for very soon that would be true. Laura Greystoke, Talon would be gone forever and replaced with her. This was not like with SHIELD or HYDRA or any time she had been captured, this was different. This was the CORE, the facility that had sporned her, that had created her. That was able to transfer her soul into another body. They where capable of permanently deleting her present personality and replacing it with the Soul of some one else entirely. She was scared, scared they would do this to her and far worse, because they where capable of much, much worse.

Her eyes remained fixed on the steel grown below her as she followed head sagged behind the man that had been able to win her, loyalty with just three simple words “He will die”. It was strange. She never really understood her bond to the alike known as Shadowstep. She honestly had not spent much time with that specific team mate. Though she did bear a connection to him. He was right they where alike. And it was only time before they both met fate, and this one was hers. She had accepted it and even though it cost every thing, she could finally make good on what she had swore. When she joined Wolf Pack she sword to never kill her team mates, never to let them down, always obey them for they where more important that her. To fight for them and to die for them, that is what she was going to do.

This was what she had promise, to die for her team mate. For she would die, Talon, Laura Greystoke would disappear into oblivion. Every thing that every one knew about her, the girl they had met. The girl that had been adopted by Hunter, the girl that became dear friends with Sylver that girl would be gone in a few hours, and what would replace her would be nothing but a monster. She would be come X-23, of The CORE, nothing more nothing less. And this time they would not make the same mistake like they did before. They gave her a conscious they gave her emotions. This time they would give her none of that. Every thing would be stripped away, like the curtains from a window and instead of light filling the room. There would but nothing but darkness and hatred.

“You seem quite silent” the cold voice of her commander said as he walked in front of her, not looking back only speaking. Lifting her head slightly she whispered in a broken voice “That is because I am thinking” she simply state. This caught him off guard. That amount of words, what she said about herself. He did not expect such an interesting reply from her. Truly she had transpired into a quite interesting young girl. Especially comparing her to what she was years ago, she had evolve to such a state of humanity where it was possible for her to become, what she called Human. Though sadly her own fear bared her and made her lose her way. It was sad really, how some one so close to something that had wanted all their life could so easily deny it when the opportunity arose.

“Interesting, so tell me…what are you currently in any sort of relationship?....I thought I read in your file you are involved with your team mate? Ronnin I think was his name? In this information correct?”  Laura stopped a moment catching the attention of the man before her. He stopped and turned to look at her for the first time since they had exited the cell. “Why do you desire to know this information?” He chuckled slightly before speaking “So I can inform him of your…death”. With that he continued to walk. Though for a few second Talon remained still thinking. So this was what they where going to do. Just simply erase her from existence. I mean if she was dead who’d come looking for her.

She knew they could do it. As much as she hated to admit it there was no way of getting out with out going through with the procedure. She began to briskly catch up to him and at that moment his communicator beeped. He quickly answered it and as they walked a devious smile came onto his face as he placed the phone back in his pocket. “It appearance that I have some disturbing news my dear” that did not sound good and instantly a cold chill ran through Laura as she took in a deep breath. This time he stopped all together and faced her placing his hand on her shoulders and staring into her emerald eyes once more.

“It appearance that Shadowstep has some how been beaten by the likes of Sylver you team mate, kill in cold blood.” He said lying to her in hopes that it would some how break the youth down even more. “Oh” he said pretending like he forget “And I’ve been informed that your father, William Greystoke along with Hawk are to be executed shortly..” It took Laura Greystoke a few moments to take all this horrible information into her system. Her father,   her team mate, and Hawk dead. Soon enough they’d all be dead. And where was she? She was here in steel walls in silence not there. She was not there to help then to aid them in their struggle like she had promise! She…she had failed.

Soon enough she began to feel overwhelmed with emotions of pain, hatred, anger and malice. For soon enough her father and her…close friend Hawk, would face death and there was nothing she could do to stop them! Shadowstep was gone and she was sure that Sylver would attempt to rescue her and there dying gin the process.  No…she could not take this. Every one she cared about every one she held dear in less than 24 hours would be dead and she could do nothing to change it…except maybe..Instantly her eyes flashed up at the man before her now in their grey state. “Take me back” she whispered slowly. He stared at her in confusion before she said louder “Take be back now!”

“Earth 529! You have the technology take me back and assimilate me immediately after that.” What she said took him back she sated at her a moment shocked at her sudden and illogical reaction to all of this. He expected her to start fighting or attempt o kill him. Or possibly commit suicide not return, not what she had just asked for. She saw his confusion and then spoke “I was a fool in coming here, in thinking I could some how create a life for me. I’ve wasted too much time already. Holding onto dreams and desires that where so futile and meaningless. By coming here I have only made things worse for myself and for those that where foolish enough to care for me.” She paused a moment and looked up at her commander as she sighed.

“And now I will make the first right choice in this reality. In hopes of some how fixing what I have done. I want to return back to earth 529, I want to be stripped of all the memories all the emotions and I would like to return to the CORE, and Alpha squad.”   He stared at the girl standing before her making sure that this was her. “As you wish Laura..” “Don’t call me that” she snapped back “My designation is X-23 clone of Weapon Alpha.” With that he escorted her to the temporal gate that was a gate way to other reality’s. There was only one in each reality and once you went through it there was no coming back. “Please try and make my death look good” X-23 said looking back.

As she looked before her she knew that the moment she stepped through this portal every thing would be gone. All the memories all the emotions would soon enough disappear. But that didn’t matter she was not doing this because she wanted to. She was doing this in hopes to punish herself for every thing she had done. All the pain she had caused. She need to be punished and she’d give herself the worse. She’d lose every thing, every thing she had gained all of it. She’d delete herself and that would be her final punishment. With that she stared at the portal before her and let a sigh escape her. “Forgive me…father…forgive me for what I am about to do…” with   that a bright light encompassed around her body as she was briskly teleported instantly to realty 529, where all part of the girl once known as Laura Greystoke..would be lost…forever..

Crysta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Crysta

Slight had put up a telepathic force field. And choked her. Then Un-CHOCKED her. Good gosh gracious. Seriously? SERIOUSLY!?!?!??! He was running off to be a hero. Wait a second........ Now Crysta was confused. Why stop them? He might need help. Unless..... Slight set up the explosion. Crysta sighed. She always KNEW he would go crazy from being called a puppy by Holly Cross. It just SHOWED a little... late? Crysta was so confused. She tried to use her magic to get out. She couldn't. God Slight, seriously? SERIOUSLY?!?! Now the team couldn't get him even if he got attacked or arrested. Was that what he was planning?  

It was in her head. Crysta didn't know if it was because it had been sent at HER or if it was because she was reading that part of Magick's brain. Crysta rushed down the stairs, slammed open the door and sneaked out. In the quiet she wasn't noticed. Magick was being attacked by a barrage of questions, and Crysta hoped she would say that he wasn't really there, that wasn't Slight, some CONVINCING lie. Instead, she said what Slight had said. Unstable. Seriously? Crysta would have to talk later. She didn't want to attract attention right now, at the most crucial part....... 

"Slight has been acting weird for a while now. He's been easier to anger, and more violent.  We've all tried to tell ourselves it was nothing, but after the incident today, we can no longer continue that facade. I just did a magic scan of the area, and it told me that Slight was the one to engineer the explosion in the first place. Most likely so that he could put it out, and be seen as a great hero. This man is a criminal, and highly unstable. It is my recomendation that he be put in the strongest and most escape proof prison possible." 

But Crysta barely noticed. She was too busy concentrating her power..... This was the hardest spell she had done yet. Just as the authorities had arrived, Slight woke up. Crysta knew Magick was feeling REALLY sad. But Crysta had finished. 

Just as Magick was getting up, Crysta muttered softly,  If this doesn't work I will murder Magick and Slight and whoever is making this not work except for me, of course. She flicked the blue feather at Slight, and it landed in his hair. Soon, it would sink deep into his head, dissolving slowly, giving him a chance to get freed. Crysta was sure that he would be in jail for a looong time. 

Then it was over. Everything. Down. Crysta went to Magick and said,  Come on Magick, let's go walk. I need to talk to you. Magick went along with Crysta, first telling the rest of the team to make sure that no reporters were left. 

Crysta went along to the back. Then she turned to Magick and asked, "Why?" 

"Why what?" asked Magick.

Why did you say that?!  

I don't know..... I kinda HAD to. Magick said, looking confused.

Was someone controlling you?
Crysta asked, her heart stopping. who would do that?! slight wouldn't sink THAT low.  

No, I just felt like it. I knew we had to do SOMETHING. Magick said, obviously trying to calm Crysta. But Crysta was on a roll. 

Really? Really? Well, I think it was the WORST thing you could have done. Why didn't you consult us? Or me? Or anybody? Just deciding BY YOURSELF!  Crysta shouted the Reallies, but then whisper-shouted the rest. This conversation COULD NOT be heard. She was about to continue her rant when she realized that Magick was looking oddly...... sad?  

You're not the leader! The rest of the team, I'm sure, would agree! They would think this is the RIGHT thing to do. Magick said. But how would she know? Crysta KNEW she hadn't asked them. 

You know what, whatever. Crysta said. She stomped back to the house and went in. She found some of the team in a room and plonked down in a seat. She was feeling weird, like her magic was spiralling out of control...

Sylver

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Sylver

Sylver was shaking. 

Not from the cold, or from exhaustion...but from horror and fear.  She was afraid that she would kill Shadowstep, but horrified that she might stop.  Her grip tightened.  Her shakey consentration forcefully tried to refocus.  He thrashed harder beneath her. 

"No!  Stop!  What if you can save him?!?"  Her thoughts screamed, battering her confidence, ebbing it away.  Sylver bit her lip so hard, tears formed in her eyes. 

"No...no, I can't save him.  He's lost.  They've brainwashed him!"  Her reason argued back.  Shadowstep's hands were grappling at hers, trying to break the hold.  She squeezed her eyes shut for a moment, trying to fight her urge to let go.  Her breath was coming in short, panicky spurts: a show of her failing confidence.   So she screamed louder. 

For the first time in her life, Sylver was afraid to kill.  Because this kill...it wasn't just anyone...it wasn't just a murderer, or a random monster from off the streets; it was her teammate.  And for Sylver, teammates were family.  She had no other relations, no other loyalties, no other ties to the world.  She had become a will-bound soldier to this team...she would die for them, and do anything to keep them alive. 

And yet here she was, bent on killing one of them.  It frieghtened her how fast she had given up all sane thought, how quickly she retorted to uncivilized tactics.  How easily her bloodlust held sway.  For the months after her resurrection, she'd sworn to learn an exercized control in battle...to try harder to weaponize her "vampire senses"...but she was failing. 

But still, she had no excuse.  It wasn't her lack of self-control that was pushing her on as she wailed sonic screams into Shadowstep's ear; it was her purposefull, determined actions.  She was purposefully killing her teammate.  Her only hope and prayer was that she was right, and that he was truely lost.  Impossible had never become a word in Sylver's vocabulary.  She didn't believe in it.  And she still didn't.  But if she let go now, and let Shadowstep live...if this one shot, this one insight into her dark will slipped by on her watch, she would never get it back.  Even if he was sincerely gone, and bent on destroying the world, Sylver would never be able to put his life, and death, in her control again.  Sylver was never a hunting animal...she was never a failure...and she could not watch him die beneath her twice, if she'd let him go before.  If she'd failed to set him free. 

I'm sorry, she silently prayed.  I have to do this. 

Then, with her consentration divided, Shadowstep grabbed a handful of her hair, a crazy, desperate determination in his eyes. 

No...  Sylver realized, her eyes widened.  No, no, no!  Don't let me stop!  I have to finish it! 

Without hesitation, he slammed her face into the ground, using more strength than she thought he possessed.  For a moment, the warm earth and permeating smell of dirt disoriented her, her thoughts still a tangled wreck.  Sylver felt her grip fail, and Shadowstep stumbled to his feet.  She closed her eyes tightly in self-frustration; her hands curled into the soil. 

No...I can't fail him...I can't let him do this...must save Talon.....          

"S-S-SHUT UP!"  Sylver heard Cifer roar.  She looked up at him wearily...almost hopelessly.  This was it.  When he attacked her, she would retaliate...but never be able to finish him off.  It could go on forever, this battle of theirs, because she had refused to think things through...because she had chosen death over life.  Sylver closed her eyes, awaiting his first move. 

Suddenly, a warm, metallic-smelling liquid spattered onto Sylver's face.  She wheeled back in shock, as the rush to her system spiked.  It was blood.  Black blood.  Sylver watched, shocked and yet fully comprehending as Cifer stumbled over his own feet, coughing and chocking on his own blood.  Her eyes began to tear up.  No matter what had happened to him...no matter what he was now, she would remember that she had done this to him. 

Sylver began to stand, but Cifer rushed forward towards her, drunkenly tripping over himself, and then her.  She ducked, but he crashed over her and fell face-flat into the earth.  Sylver stood, cautiously, and slowly crept towards him, unsure of what to do.  A terrible, yet merciful thought entered her mind: 

Please let him be dead. 

She regretted thinking it as soon as it left her, but it scared her to think what would happen if he got back up.  But Sylver knew she wasn't that lucky.... she could still hear his heartbeat.  His blood-covered, heaving body groaned, and Sylver froze where she was.  He turned towards her, eyes seemingly unable to find her form.   

"NNNGGGHH...not a traitor...CORE...telepaths...mind-control...Soul Hunters...U-United Nations...J1NX...L-L-Laura....William...to be executed."  Cifer mumbled and moaned, despairingly.  Sylver crawled closer, as if moving towards him would explain his broken ramblings any better.   

"What?  Cifer...I...I don't understand what you're saying."  She asked gently, as the window to his actual self seemed to be opening.  He mumbled vaguely, repeating the message over and over.  All the while his heartbeat was slowing down.  Sylver knelt over him, unsure of what to do, frozen in indesision.  He said...not a traitor.  But was it safe to revive him?  Would the CORE still hold sway over his consciousness?  Unintentionally, she placed her cold, pale hand on his.  "Cifer...what should I do?" 

"Not a traitor!  CORE!  Telepaths!  Mind-Control!  Soul Hunters!  United Nations!  J1NX!  Laura!  William!  To be executed!"  He shouted wildly and mechanically, forcing his message out, like his life depended on it, "Not a traitor!  CORE!  Telepaths!  Mind-Control!  Soul Hunters!  United Nations!  J1NX!  Laura!  William!  TO BE EXECUTED!  EXECUTED!  EXECUTED! EXECUTED!"   

He was sobbing now, tears streaming down his cheeks.  Sylver had one hand over her mouth, pain and guilt eating away at her.  What had she done?  Sylver placed a hand over his sweating brow.   

"Cifer...I'm so sorry."  She whispered shakily.  Come on, heal...heal!  She willed mentally.  Why wasn't he healing?  Was his brain damaged too much?  Was there too much blood on the brain?  Oh gosh...Sylver chocked....I really did kill him. 

"I-it's okay, Cifer...I'm going to fix this."  Sylver strained.  She HAD to fix this.  So, she placed her hands around his face, compelling herself to calm down so that she could summon the magic. 

"Magic..."  She uttered, her eyebrows knotted in consentration, "come to me...heal him...." 
     Without hesitation, a warm sensation blossomed in her chest, racing down her arms and collecting at her fingertips.  She pressed them harder on Cifer's skull and bent closer to him. 

"Come on..."  She muttered, grinding her teeth, "it has to work...heal him...HEAL HIM!"  
     Her voice echoed through the forest, but was only responded by dead silence.  The glowing energy in her hands stayed there, not expanding or entering Cifer's body.  He was...so cold, like she was trying to heat a thick cement wall.  No responce.  No reply.  Nothing. 

"No."  She breathed, disbelievingly.  She threw her head back, pale face luminous and pain-etched in the moonlight.  "Please,"  She begged, "please...don't let him die.  Please!" 

Immediatly, radiant light erupted from Cifer's still form, blazing into the night sky.  It burst into a collumn of bright, burning light, drilling through the clouds above, blinding Sylver.  She turned away, covering her eyes, completely stunned and astounded by the unexplainable phenomenon.  Then, as quickly as the strange light had appeared, it vanished.  Carefully, uncertainly, Sylver turned her head to see what had become of Cifer.  She gasped. 

He was gone.  Specks of his blood still dotted the dirt, but other than that, no evidence remained of his existance.  Sylver stood, eyes wide.  She had seen her fair share of strange deaths....but people disappearing into the "white light" was just suppose to be a figure of speech...right?  To verify herself, Sylver bent down and placed her hands on the spot where he laid just moments ago.  Nothing.  No traces of magic...no hints of foreign energies...nothing. 

"My word..."  She muttered, her confusion almost derailing her train of thought.  He was gone.  Vanished...or dead.  Either way, as far as she knew, there was nothing to be done.  She had freed in saving him from whatever mental prison he'd been enslaved to, but had failed to save his life.  She shook her head.  But, that was usually how it went.  Someone always has to die, to remind us that life is bitter....to find the sweetness we must keep fighting. 

Sylver stepped towards the empty space in the forest where the base had previously been.  A sick feeling entered her as she thought that maybe the CORE had taken him back.  She dismissed the idea and prayed she was wrong.  Sylver found herself looking heavenbound, at the diamond studded sky, a sea of velvet with twinkling cosmic lights.  It was beautiful, even on a night like tonight.  No matter what horrid things occured beneath a sky like this, the stunningness would never fade, never change. 

"But what to do now."  Sylver thought aloud, taking in a deep breath of pine-scented air, trying to flush out her feelings of pain and uncertainty.  There would be a time to mourn over Shadowstep, but for now, for those that were alive, they were counting on her.  Sylver opened her eyes.  Expecially Talon, in whatever prison they were confining her to now.  "What to do indeed."  She repeated to herself.  It would take a great many spells, of several different types and series, in order to find a base that could vanish without a trace.  But she would do it. 

"I would do it for them."  She said louder, more confident.  "I will do my duty...I will be loyal to my friends...I will punish the wicked, and spare the innocent."  She spoke, a firmness, and a fire growing in her tone.  Then, unexpectedly,  she laughed.  Not happily, not sad, not anything at all.  But if there was nothing left to do, she'd always said, laugh.  Sylver whipped out her sword, Caldavich, and pointed it at the sparkling sky.   

"I will find you, Laura!  And I will save my family!"  She shouted, fiercely, her sword almost glowing in the pale lunar light.  "And I will not fail."  She finished, in a deeper tone.  The knights of old that she'd respected so well always made an oath on their most valued weapon before setting off on a quest.  Sylver gracefully smoothed her fingers over the blade.   

"Yes...I swear, that on my sword and my life, I will save them!" 

And so, like a comet of black, or an angel of darkness, Sylver flew across the night sky, a fiery determination filling her, leaving behind the shamefull pains of moments past.  Tomorrow was a new day....tomorrow she would find her family...tomorrow--- 

Sylver smirked, her trade-mark wicked smirk....tomorrow...there would be blood to pay.  The world had turned upside down once more.  And like a box holding all sort of nasty creatures, when spilled, the madness would begin, the horrors would restart, darkness would descend...and the faint storm clouds of yesterday would be dwarfed by the hurricanes yet to arise. 

Sylver held her hand out, as if to grasp destiny by its reins, and her eyes and scar blazed a briliant blue.  And so, she summond once more, the hot energy erupting within her, "Magic of mine...."
Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#84  Edited By Feral Nova  Moderator

Seeing as her powers were no use, she put her flames out, standing as a chill began to fill the area around the fire goddess, the air escaping from her lips becoming visible in a thin white smoke. Goosebumps filled her arms as she got into a defensive stance, she had pissed off Warner, and she knew she was about to feel his wrath. As the dome then suddenly burst open, covering her face for a moment to protect herself she prepared for a attack. When nothing happened, she slowly lowered her arms and found herself standing upon a large boulder, snow covered some of the area around them as her eyes scanned the area, the sting of the wind hitting her face as she tried to look for Dreadmaster.   

"Hey bright eyes!!! If you believe Hunter didn't do it, then why don't you speak up in his defense?" She looked up to find Dreadmaster looming over her in the air. She opened her mouth, ready to defend her actions, only to be cut off before she could even get a word out. "Don't answer that....you may have your team hunting down mine and bringing them in, but it will take far more than just one person to take me down, always has been the case and even with your powers its not different."

He than got into a fighting stance, landing before Nova, his eyes intense and looking right at her. Dreadmaster was waiting for her to make the first move, Nova couldn’t help but frown at him, she lowered her head as made a fist with both hands, looking down at the metal like gloves that covered them. ‘Can’t use these… I haven’t tested them out to their fullest potential… I’m going to have to relay on my own power… unless things get too out of hand’ she thought to herself as her right fist burst into flames, as it suddenly consumed her body in a flash. Her golden flames lighting up the dark area around them, her light reflecting off the white snow as her fire danced around her body, her eyes turning from an emerald green to a bright yellow glow. She could feel the heat of her energy radiating off of her, warming up the bolder that they stood on. 

Sure she may be starting off strong, but she knew she was going to have to be careful while fighting up on this elevation level. Since they were up higher, it meant that less oxygen was around them, which meant that it would be harder for her to keep her fire going around her at full power. This fight was going to have be a fast one, or else she would be stuck using the power that Darkchild gave her. 

In a last attempt to prevent the brawl that was about to begin, her expression soften. “Dread… PLEASE, don’t make me fight you. You have to see it from my point of view, Hunter hasn’t made himself look very innocent by running away, not to mention Talon taking the woman’s body. Please, PLEASE, I’m begging you, dont make this harder than it has to be. If we fight… I’m not holding back, and its only going to make the Wolf Pack look more guilty than they already do. Even if your as strong as you say you are... others will come after you, stronger people, and they wont give you a chance like I am right now. Do you really want to keep running?” She knew her plea was going to be in vain but she had to try, she wasn’t about to make the first move, if he really felt the need to fight her, he would make the first move.