• 109 results
#1 Edited by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union...

It is 2012, and once again the United States searches for a new leader. The leading candidates are Atticus Blair, a high-ranking official in the Nippon government, and Orpheus Ziev, a senator and entrepreneur. One of them will lead America into glory...or destruction.

The stakes are high, and pressure is intense. Until now, campaigning was largely limited to individual parties, but soon Orpheus and Atticus will face off head to head in heated debate. They'll go all out to ensure victory, but in the end, the people will decide....

DEBATES

At least one full-out debate will be held...to make this as realistic as possible, WE NEED QUESTIONS!!! Please leave them in the comments and it may well be used and answered. I repeat, WE NEED QUESTIONS.

Please keep all debate questions canon...for example, secret identities are secret for a reason, and random Viners would not know them.

Miscellaneous

• This RPG will take place in a series of threads...each candidate has been working extremely hard for months (literally since early 2011) to get this to work. Details such as character age will be discussed in the debates, and it's been generally agreed [among current RPG political leaders, etc] that Sojourn and I can do this.
  • Loser will become Vice President
  • There may be some mild spamming within unrelated threads in the spirit of the thing. If this gets on your nerves in any way, let the offending contestant know and they'll stop.
  • If you want to help a campaign, message either Sojourn or Icarusflies!
  • Voting will take place when everything else has been wrapped up, in the form of an anonymous poll.
  • If you have any questions regarding anything, ask either Sojourn or Icarusflies.
Atticus Blair

VS.

DEBATES

Orpheus Ziev

Debate #1, hosted by Fox Company

Debate #2, hosted by the World Justice League

Debate #3, hosted by Lady Liberty

#2 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

Well.. I feel kind of cheated. I was seriously considering trying to have Victor run for office, and now I didn't even get the chance to try.

#3 Posted by Angeni (5085 posts) - - Show Bio

Good luck! :D

#4 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio
Preps question bombardment post :P
#5 Posted by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Well.. I feel kind of cheated. I was seriously considering trying to have Victor run for office, and now I didn't even get the chance to try.

Uh...yikes, this could be an issue. Why don't you PM me and we'll see if we can work this out.

#6 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Premonition said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Uh...yikes, this could be an issue. Why don't you PM me and we'll see if we can work this out.

Alright. Sorry if I seem a little.. eh, pissed off. Just that this kind of took me by surprise.

#7 Posted by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@ZombieBigfoot said:

@Premonition said:

@ZombieBigfoot said:

Alright. Sorry if I seem a little.. eh, pissed off. Just that this kind of took me by surprise.

We've actually been talking about/planning this for months, including in the forums. I guess we didn't spam it hard enough, and it has been a while. : /

I don't want to ruin some of the surprises yet, but I can provide definitive proof if need be

(And seriously, message me, I really want everyone to be happy)

#8 Posted by Clara Mass (7779 posts) - - Show Bio

How does Atticus even get to contend seeing as how he's an official in Nippon

These presidential elections wouldn't fly by well in reality lol

#9 Posted by _Zombie_ (10312 posts) - - Show Bio

@Premonition: I'm working on the pm. And I haven't really been able to put anything to paper (campaigning, etc.), because I really don't know how I would of gone about it. There's not exactly a "how to run for government office" thread. I think I recall asking how to do it, but didn't get the answers I wanted. So I kind of had to let it die out for lack of knowledge. Not denying that you guys did setup, just that I would of too if I'd known how.

#10 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio
As of right now economy is wack n cvs is worse lol. Heres my explanation though...With the obvious meta human comunity its clear as day there is some issues. Weve seen good people lead invasions and bad deffend the world. The U.N is unreliable but that doesnt mean nations are. Utopia, Russia and France are self governed and maintained.The sheer prospect of a official not of this country means something. Thats atleast one reliable nation in a world where everyones pointing a gun, sword, or purple tiger at someone.
  @Clara Mass
#11 Posted by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Clara Mass said:

How does Atticus even get to contend seeing as how he's an official in Nippon

These presidential elections wouldn't fly by well in reality lol

We'll address all that in the debates actually. :)

And of course they wouldn't even the REAL debates don't fly well in reality. :P

#12 Posted by Shanana (52907 posts) - - Show Bio

Purple tiger lmao

#13 Posted by _Titan (3362 posts) - - Show Bio

this is whats up. I'm gonna just bypass the bull and conqueror america then no big deal :P

@Premonition: First question: will you raise or lower cookie taxes?

#14 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19242 posts) - - Show Bio

This is very...odd, but I like it.

#15 Edited by Fox Fire (107 posts) - - Show Bio

Questions:

1. At all running candidates...what would you do to stop a similar invasion as like what has occurred with the Ninjans? Us heroes can't do all the work, can't there be sometime of intergalactic defensive system to stop them from reaching earth?
  2. To better understand the needs of the hero community how would feel about appointing a meta human cabinet member? That would work as a delegate between the government and hero community.
  3. For what benefit would the people of this country have to have you as their leader?
  4. Feelings on caped crusaders? Should they be agents of the government or free agents?
  5. Since the recent marriage of X-Man/Alpha Flight member Northstar is in the news. What is your feelings on gay marriage? What image do you think a gay superhero may pose to the public?
  6. Finally, what makes you more qualified as a leader than your opponent?

Questions via Lady Loveless and not Fox Fire**

#16 Posted by Akube (846 posts) - - Show Bio

This could prove problematic for me.

Well, Obama can crash on my couch while he finds a new place.

#17 Posted by Premonition (1358 posts) - - Show Bio

@Akube said:

This could prove problematic for me.

Well, Obama can crash on my couch while he finds a new place.

I'm pretty sure Obama wasn't president of the Vineverse anyway...it might still have been Final Arrow.

But even if he was, election season is coming up in the real world...you never know. : /

#18 Posted by _Cain_ (23607 posts) - - Show Bio

Submitted by an anonymous source...

1. What is your beliefs on the Tenn In Invasions? Are you going to try to actively interfere with them?
  2. What about the havoc the Ninjans unleashed upon us a few months back? What measures will you take to prevent that from happening again?
  3. What is your relationships towards somewhat Anti-Social groups such as The Champions?
  4. What is your thoughts on gun laws? For or Against them?

The last one really decides my vote lol.

#19 Edited by Chevaliere (988 posts) - - Show Bio

I remember this a while back! Yes!

I like that. The loser will be vice. Isn't that what USA used to do with runner up?

#20 Posted by Icarusflies (12460 posts) - - Show Bio

@LordHuntingrathII: :)

And yes, that did used to be US policy.

Moderator Online
#21 Posted by Chevaliere (988 posts) - - Show Bio

Villain! Sojourn's got my vote. Maybe, I don't know.

#22 Posted by Donnieman v5.1 (44323 posts) - - Show Bio

This is awesome. Good luck, and have fun.

#23 Posted by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio

I dispute that! Champions of Peace are not inherently antisocial. Just some of the members may be a little destructive. But as a whole, it's pro-social.

#24 Posted by 614azrael (10304 posts) - - Show Bio
Its true lol :P comic universe leads to crazy sh!t. Got to roll with the punches, raise the stakes, all that other moral boosting crap ^_^
  @Ziccarra_Liafador
#25 Posted by Quintus_Knightfall (84533 posts) - - Show Bio

Will be a turbulent time in the states. May force new or broken alliances, could be interesting ;)

Moderator Online
#26 Edited by Fox Fire (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

@LordHuntingrathII: :)

And yes, that did used to be US policy.

That seems like an odd concept with the political atmosphere of both parties towards each other. It seems to be mostly based on PR and who can spam the other the most, please no smear campaigns or I will definitely vote for neither.**

#27 Posted by _Beastmaster_ (1515 posts) - - Show Bio

Questions sent in by an anonymous source-

• What are your opinions of the "Gods" that have appeared? Do you believe them calling themselves gods would disrupt the highly religious U.S. citizens? If so, how would you quell such madness?
  • Do you intend to recognize Godly realms such as Asgard and Olympus as political bodies as their own?
  • After the events in Ireland, what do you intend to do about the mysterious "Black Hand"?
#28 Posted by Chevaliere (988 posts) - - Show Bio
@Night_Rake said:
Questions sent in by an anonymous source-
  • What are your opinions of the "Gods" that have appeared? Do you believe them calling themselves gods would disrupt the highly religious U.S. citizens? If so, how would you quell such madness?
  • Do you intend to recognize Godly realms such as Asgard and Olympus as political bodies as their own?
  • After the events in Ireland, what do you intend to do about the mysterious "Black Hand"?
I bet Victor Grey submitted these.
#29 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19242 posts) - - Show Bio

To all, I appreciate the serious questions, some of them are actually quite difficult to answer in cannon that is. I know it is strange to be a government official in Nippon, and sitting President of the us, but I can do it… I think lol

#30 Posted by _Cain_ (23607 posts) - - Show Bio

@CurbsideProphet said:

I dispute that! Champions of Peace are not inherently antisocial. Just some of the members may be a little destructive. But as a whole, it's pro-social.

Even then, The fact they previously refused to join such important groups such as the U.N. Or NATO, Seemed to strike me as...Not the alliance type of people.

#31 Edited by CurbsideProphet (1906 posts) - - Show Bio
@shadowknight666
(Ah. I should've known.) Well, aside from the fact that everyone here agrees the United Nations is a big joke, maybe we just want to remain neutral, avoid unnecessary alliances so when someone says "We want to overthrow this person and put this person in power," we don't have to get involved in their conflicts. I don't know, I don't mjake administrative decisions like that, but I think that might be it. At least, it'd be my reason. But antisocial would imply we're out to do harm, out of purpose or just out of negligence. For the most part, we're careful about that.
#32 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19242 posts) - - Show Bio

Keep the questions coming

#33 Posted by Duchess (5995 posts) - - Show Bio

May the odds be ever in your favor.

#34 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19242 posts) - - Show Bio

Who will volunteer as tribute? I think that if I win, my cabinet members will be heads of team.

#35 Posted by FALLENprophet (6557 posts) - - Show Bio

Reporter from Baltimore: What are your opinions on the heroes running around acting as the law? Also what about the ones that work on their own, such as The Vigilantes?

#36 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Time for FALLEN to break out the Reporter again.

#37 Posted by Buisteir (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheDealer said:

Time for FALLEN to break out the Reporter again.

XD Correction "The Detective....Reporter."

#38 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buisteir

Well damn homme, I'm sorry!

A new guy now? Okay. I's just about to ask who you were.

#39 Posted by Buisteir (39 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheDealer: Actually an alt lol.

#40 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19242 posts) - - Show Bio

Please keep germaine

#41 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio
@Buisteir
Yeah, I know. And you know what? NOBODY LIKES YOU BOOSTER!  
#42 Posted by Tellumo (511 posts) - - Show Bio

So will this effect the vine universe?

#43 Posted by Mercy_ (92558 posts) - - Show Bio
  • How is this presidency going to be any different than the presidency before it? How are you going to stop the mass destruction that continuously plagues the US. Are you going to allocate a rebuild budget to NYC?
  • Is there any chance of a Registration Act?
  • How about a superpowered draft for the armed forces?
  • What's your stance on gay marriage?
  • Stance on abortion?
#44 Posted by X_No_Name_X (261 posts) - - Show Bio
  • How would you deal with a magic-based or possibly reality bending threat?
  • Will there be new sectors of government to deal with a super powered population? Would they be segregated from the rest of the nation because of the danger they could cause? Should they be accounted for and regulated?
  • Will the government sponsor certain teams of assembled "meta" humans? And if so, would they be considered government agents that can only act in a certain area? Could they cause an international incident?
  • Some say that these super powered beings have started a new kind of arms race around the world, with every nation trying to acquire as many of these people as possible. Are they the new weapons of mass destruction? What policies would be taken towards unfriendly nations gaining super powered agents?
#45 Posted by _Cain_ (23607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Tellumo said:

So will this effect the vine universe?

Quite a bit.

#46 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19242 posts) - - Show Bio
@Mercy_ Omg you asked all the questions I wanted someone to ask... I lurves you.
#47 Posted by Icarusflies (12460 posts) - - Show Bio

(Bumping because I'll need this in a few minutes)

Moderator Online
#48 Posted by _Cain_ (23607 posts) - - Show Bio

@Icarusflies said:

(Bumping because I'll need this in a few minutes)

Kicking this into gear eh?

#49 Posted by TheDealer (1031 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey. With you having super abilities, what does that mean for the secret service?

#50 Posted by ult_portrait (138 posts) - - Show Bio