Presidential Debate Number Three

This topic is locked from further discussion.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By lady_liberty

Vanderbilt University, Nashville Tennessee

Selecting a southern state for the two candidates in hopes of bringing more tourism and money to the typically poorer south. The wave of convention goers, of delegates, the candidates support staff, their families and the staff of those who must host the event itself will provide a needed boost to the local economy.

Standing upon the massive stage in my moderators podum I scan the crowd for concealed weaponry, dangerous mutant DNA, bio-weapons, cosmic energy signatures and several other types of threats. Pleased that I find none I nod for the debate to begin.

'Ladies and gentlemen please welcomeAtticus Blair and Orpheus Ziev. Today they must face the nation and one another. Today you must take another step in decided who will be your next president.' And toward that end I had selected the most relevant and toughest questions I could.

'Mr. Blair will answer first, followed by Mr. Ziev.' There was no fair method aside from alphabetical order, and I had no wish for this debate to be dragged down in minuta. It should remain focused on the issues.

'First question.' Nor was I here to waste anyones time. 'Some say that these super powered beings have started a new kind of arms race around the world, with every nation trying to acquire as many of these people as possible. Are they the new weapons of mass destruction? What policies would be taken towards unfriendly nations gaining super powered agents?'

Mr. Blair if you please, and then Mr. Ziev.

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By _Sojourn_

addressing the greatest nation on Earth once more, Atricus Blaire, presidential hopeful walked from the left wing of the stage. He eyed the audience with glaring passion. He dressed himself today not relying on stylists, but his own sense of what it meant. Wearing a simple black suit, the only glitz was a pendant on his breast were two triangularly shaped wings, The wings of Salvation.

Taking his position behind the podium, he stood strong and comfident and answered the question posed. "Since the invention of mankind the game of one-upsmanship has always been played. Of course every country wound the world is targeting the meta population, recruiting them and training them. However I would not compare it to an arms race, because that would incline that there was an underlying problem amidst the international scene of governments. As far as I know there is no such thing. As far as policies, I am not sure what it is that we as a nation would be able to do short of saying if you do it then we will too. Creating a space for open dialog without consequence is the key, as long as any country abides by the laws currently in place such as the Geneva Convention compact and parameters set the the United Nations, we can not act without cause. Stud policy has always been diplomacy first and action as a last case scenario."

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By lady_liberty

Waiting until both candidates finished their questions and listening carefully to what both say. And what they don't say.

'Gentlemen you both stand at the brink of becoming the most powerful man in the world bar none. We hold these debates so that your fellow americans can know who you are before they walk into the voting booth and exercise their inherent right to participate in the democratic process.

As such I must deviate from our regular questions and ask you both to answer the most important question of this debate. Perhaps the most important question in american history.'

'Do you believe everyone is born with the RIGHT to democracy and liberty? Or just americans?

Secondly, do you believe America has a duty to spread liberty and democracy to other lands and peoples, if you do infact believe they are born with a right to it?'

There it was. The trillion dollar question. Was freedom a right the whole world shared it, or just americans? If it was, do we have a duty to bring liberty to the world, to spread democracy or should we just wish them luck and go on our way?

I look to Mr. Blair and await his answer.

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi beautiful Hostess!

I know I am a Kid and is incapable of Votation

but as a member of the SuperHuman community

I felt the right to know the Presidents to be...

So If you would allow me, I would like to ask questions

to These Lovely Candidates Mr. Orpheus Ziev: and Atticius Blair

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

#6  Edited By _Sojourn_

Drama was reserved for less wieghty questions. Atticus skipped directly to his answer, unrehearsed. "Yes. I do believe, and I would imagine that my opponent does as well, that liberty and democracy are both birthright..." Being sure to add the pause, he reflected on his this could be spun. He could not exactly remember if he'd spoken contrary to his previous statements. He guessed that it was the downfall of a natural speaker, but one thing was for sure his conviction drove him. He was confident that there was no outlandish or smashmouth speech languishing about to be used against him. And so he continued. "As Americans we are beacons of light amidst impure darkness. We are the learned among the ignorant. Since the conception of this country, it was the strident ambition of the first settlers who fought in the name of liberty from tyranny. And yes, to an extent we are tasked with spreading the virtues if liberty and democracy. But those who do not have and wish for it, must also be willing to fight for it, they must be willing to die for it. For the sad fact is that freedom comes sometimes at the highest of prices. However, we can not preach this when our image to others when we have tainted the liberty of our own citizens of this nation. We are first and format responsible for our own country. I'd like to see us do an extensive amount of nation building here, grooming a surfeit of kinship and liberty and democracy until we can reach a Pax Americana."

He turned towards the audience ansmd saw a ready questioner... "you seems eager.... What is it young man"

Avatar image for underdogs_overboard
UnderDogs_OverBoard

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The little Kid goes up the stage and steals the mic from Orpheus Ziev.

You dudes are two powerful dudes... There ain't no chance of you two abusing it? Like Mr. Orpheus Ziev... His Powers are Unknown... BUT I know he IS powerful... His Aura He's POWERFUL. You Mr. Atticius. You are One powerful Fella... Can WE make sure that you dudes Will not go on a killing rampage and go on stealing the Peoples money? You dudes have Powers! You dudes can surely wreak havoc! You dudes might Have Secret Agendas! Not trying to act rude here so Sorry dudes...

I hate Grown Ups... Can't Trust em'

Just then the UNDERDOG throws the mic to Orpheus Ziev and the UNDERDOG goes down the stage. Waiting for an answer he crossed his arms...

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By lady_liberty

Examining the annoying and strange child to ensure he is no threat to the safety of anyone here before turning to security and waving them forward. 'Remove the child from the area and notify his parents or guardians please.'

Then turning my focus to Ziev. 'Mr. Ziev you are under no obligation to answer a question of that nature. And our time is limited.'

They had handled the last curve ball well, both demonstrating more quickness and verbal agility then they had before. But this was the last debate, this was the peoples very last chance to learn about the candidates before they must choose one over the other.

They deserved more than prepackaged questions, and they were going to get it.

'Each of you will be given the chance to ask your opponent one single question, which they are obligated to answer. This is your chance to shed light upon issues you feel are important, and also your chance to answer your own worst critic.'

Turning my gaze to Mr. Blair. 'Mr. Blair you may go first. What question would you ask of Mr. Ziev?'