Posted by Maya_Liafador (4304 posts) - - Show Bio

“I’m here in front of the Utopia Congress building, here in New Jerusalem, in about fifteen minutes; President Lopez will address Utopia for the very 1 time. Everyone is expecting to hear about how Ms. Lopez will react to the rising tensions on Utopia’s borders as well as the escalating tension between the Jewish and Palestinian Utopians, Also she has stated she will not take questions on the U.N’s plans of sanctioning Utopia for its Meta-human population. It will be interesting to see how Maya responds to her biggest critics whom were against her taking over. “I’m getting word that Maya’s address is about to begin we’ll take you inside the New Jerusalem hall of class.” The Camera cut to Maya Lopez; the beautiful young blonde sat upright in a business suit, with the Utopian flag behind her. On the left of her was a huge portrait of Ziccarra and Jean and on her right was a huge portrait of the members of the Trinity Foundation.

“It has been a whole year since I last spoke to a nation regarding anything; the last time I spoke I was dressed in a blue dress completely unaware of the challenges I had to face. Do you know what the results of those challenges were? The Result of those challenges was failure. I’ll be one hundred percent honest; last year was a horrible year to be Maya Lopez, my organization folded under the pressure of challenging T.I; on top of that I had my own personal conflicts which caused the death of thousands of people”

Maya stopped to glance around at the hundreds of reporters in attendance, each one of them was taking everything she said down word for word. “I lost my sister at the beginning of this year, I’m sure you all know; she died not of cancer but to save each and every one of you from being ripped to shreds by her people. She loved Utopia, probably more than she loved Ninjeta; you guys made her feel like she had accomplished something better for herself. However her untimely death was just the start of a series of unfortunate events, soon after her death Xiao Zing, King Derekken and Captain Trojan continued to lay siege on our beautiful Utopia, and like we have time and time again the Trinity Foundation answered the call.

“I didn’t takeover Utopia, to make up for the deaths of the people I caused in the past, or even because my sister ran Utopia previously. I took over because I had the backing of everyone who risks their lives to save you. I don’t want you to just think of the Trinity Foundation; because this group includes a whole lot more: The Trinity Legends, The police, The Military, Border Patrol Etc. Look at what we’ve built in just four months, look at what labor has done in just four months! The ecosphere technology that runs our three cities isn’t accessible anywhere on this planet BUT HERE IN UTOPIA. We are out innovating mankind”

No sooner than she finished her sentence the multitude of reporters began their applause, she spoke with such a fire in her voice that she quickly commanded everyone’s attention. Maya took a quick sip of her Fuji and waited for the commotion to die down.

“For the past few weeks, I’ve been getting reports on my desk from governors of the provinces complaining about monsters from T.I controlled Russia and other places kidnapping a brutally murdering Utopian Citizens. Not very long ago, I sat down and spoke with Kain; and told him that our appeasement season for him had ended. Now I’m issuing this statement to the rest of the world, ANY ACT OF VIOLENCE AGAINST UTOPIA AND IT’S PEOPLE will result in military action”.

“The growing hatred between Palestinian born Utopians and Jewish born Utopians has been a topic of concern of mine for some time now. I’ve met with both leaders to try and come up with some sort of compromise for the two groups, but both sides appear to be stubborn, neither willing to give an inch for the other. So as of right now, I’m letting it be known if a compromise isn’t met in six months; I will act on the best intentions of Utopia not just the two groups involved.

The last thing I wanted to cover is actually the focal point of this address, so you long handed writers better get out your tape recorders. When King Derekken landed her in Utopia; he released a toxin known as Xechcellum, this toxin gave a 1/4 of the Utopian population meta-human abilities. “I’m giving all the meta-humans in Utopia six months from today’s date to get registered with the Trinity Foundation, Violators of this six month period will spend six months in a maximum security prison. That’s right as of six months from now the Super-Human Registration Act will hit Utopia, thank you and God bless” With that the blonde beauty disappeared from the TV screens leaving a nation to wonder.

#1 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

Slow clap

#2 Posted by Maya_Liafador (4304 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: Takes a bow. Eh, I'm trying to go the whole Presidential route with M so I figured why not lol

#3 Posted by Mr. Mercury (19394 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_ said:

Slow clap

Claps a little faster

#4 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mr. Mercury said:

@Mercy_ said:

Slow clap

Claps a little faster

Screams in joy

#5 Posted by Mercy_ (92686 posts) - - Show Bio

@Maya Lopez: It's working. So awesomely badass.

@Charmix: That's supposed to be reserved for the bedroom.

#6 Posted by _Stryke_ (256 posts) - - Show Bio

That was an epic post. :D

#7 Posted by WarMachineMarkV (1214 posts) - - Show Bio

Dr. Ian Pierce watched the televised address from his office on the top floor of Avalon BioTechnologies in Palo Alto. He sipped his coffee as he listened in silence, eyes focused on the screen.

So she wants to invade Olympus, stand up to Ten In, force the hand on racial leaders, and prepare a Registration Act at the same time...girl is going to give herself an aneurysm long before her enemies get to her.

He turned off the TV. While these announcements were sure to have the political talking heads working overtime tonight, as of earlier in the day it was made very clear it was no longer his concern in any way. Step 1 in his plan was a failure, Step 2 was working, but slower than effective, Step 3 was going to need to be altered with the paradigm shift

#8 Posted by Charmix (11958 posts) - - Show Bio

@Mercy_: I was testing it out, see if you liked it ;)

#9 Posted by FALLENprophet (6557 posts) - - Show Bio

Good job

#10 Posted by Thee_Champion (5662 posts) - - Show Bio

Flawless. Good work ;)

#11 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio

Registration act? ;)

#12 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

Registration act :)

#13 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Registeration act..... 0_0

#14 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

It's something maya wants pushed world wide

#15 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Ziccarra_Liafador said:
Registration act :)
I see what you did there... And I'm proud of you. :)
#16 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Most likely won't though, but the trinity is going to be so overpowered if they have 1/4 of Utopia registered with them. lol.

#17 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

OMG NO NOT ANOTHER REGISTRATION ACT! T_T

#18 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

Another?

#19 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feral Nova said:
OMG NO NOT ANOTHER REGISTRATION ACT! T_T
Why are you complaining? It's the right the thing to do. ;p
#20 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Because when one says Registration Act, The Brain computes the outcome of the Marvel event, and how did that turn out?

#21 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Victor: yes, another, when I first joined the vine, we had one... it was the main thing that brought on the first Vine Civil War o_O

@Risky: I was agaisnt the first time and I'll be agaisnt it again! xP

#22 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: can you show me to the thread

#23 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorGrey: Does your character know the Marvel continuity? ;p

@Feral Nova: Was for it the first time only to change my mind in the end, was against it the second time to join the Initiative as a trainer afterwards so it's the turn to be for it this time. ;p
#24 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Yeah

#25 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorGrey: Huh?
#26 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: You asked me a yes or no question?

@Risky said:

@VictorGrey: Does your character know the Marvel continuity? ;p
#27 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorGrey: I know. I was just surprised about the answer since Marvel comic continuity is normally not part of the Vine rpg continuity.
#28 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: It is to my understanding

#29 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorGrey: Utopia isn't a republic Maya just has the title of President because of respect for her sister whom was a Queen. Maya can actually force the act on her people.

#30 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Victor: It would litterally take me all day to find it lol but when I do, I'll PM it to you lol

@Risky: I'm still agaisnt it! That would mean people like Hi_Voltage, Honor Girl, and... other people who have secret identity wont be secret anymore!

#31 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorGrey: Officially it is not. From time to time we have used several Marvel characters in our rpgs but that was the exception and no big comic event ever even phased us (we perhaps made our own versions but that was still independent from the company stuff).
#32 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio
#33 Posted by VictorGrey (13465 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: The characters are, but not the events, I know.

#34 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: IT's just Utopia wide for right now. However Meta-Humans wishing to enter Utopia will have to get registered before doing so.

#35 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@VictorGrey: @Risky: damn the inability to convey sarcasm in a forum :P

Surkit stands in the crowd, a silent pillar in a sea of raging hands and microphones. He stands at 6"1, wearing his civvies for today, wanting to simply train and rest for whatever lies ahead. He realised in the middle of her speech, Ms.Lopez has had her own set of trials, her own redemption mission, and has sacrificed alot for it. Though, Surkit is skeptical of the registration act she is forcing on the public "Doesn't she know there are people who will target these meta's? Doesn't she know there will be a backlash of worldwide proportions if this gets enforced" So many question and father time holds the cheat sheet. Surkit now doubts wether this is the place portrayed by the media, wondering for the first time "Is this just another dictator with an agenda and good intentions?" He slides on his black baseball cap and sinks backwards into the crowd, heading to the HQ to see if he can at least find one of his many questions answered truthfully.

#36 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@VictorGrey said:

@Risky: The characters are, but not the events, I know.

So back to my original point. Your character doesn't know of the Marvel registration act. ;p

@Feral Nova: And would get support, would be able to ask the government for protection of their loved ones, would get paid so they could concentrate on the hero business full time... The list goes on and on. And why hide your identity if you don't have something to hide? Afraid you might be held responsible for your actions and/or possible collateral damage?
#37 Posted by Clara Mass (8055 posts) - - Show Bio

Registration Act :O

#38 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: Nope, afraid for their families. Yes you'll say 'the goverment will protect them offer protection services blah blah blah' but when it comes down to it, if someone like Final Arrow and/or Gambler wants you dead, no goverment help is going to be able to protect you or your friends and family.

#39 Posted by Shanana (53023 posts) - - Show Bio

I have a part two that will go into the Registration act later.

#40 Posted by Surkit (11437 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova said:

@Risky: Nope, afraid for their families. Yes you'll say 'the goverment will protect them offer protection services blah blah blah' but when it comes down to it, if someone like Final Arrow and/or Gambler wants you dead, no goverment help is going to be able to protect you or your friends and family.

exactly, just like the point was made in asm that once your outed its one man who protects others, bein targeted when hes taking his morning leak, when hes getting the paper outside, and thats just himself, imagine a thousand enemies thugs and big hitters alike hunting you and knowing where you live, death would be eventual in a week..But I like the idea in character!

#41 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@nonfiction91: @Feral Nova: As if something would stop them from getting to know your civilian identity as well. Especially Arrow. If one of them wants to know who you are, they will find out. They have so much money an influence (not to forget that mystical stuff) behind them that the difference is naught.
#42 Posted by Dreadmaster (16778 posts) - - Show Bio

Good thing i don't live in Utopia. o.o

Bravo though

#43 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@dread: for now >_> ...

#44 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: My point, its already easy enough to figure out identities of those who try to keep it a secret to protect the one's they love and care about, now we're going to have it so anyone can know! I know what ppl will say, 'It'll be on a super seceret internet server thingy that no one knows about!' until a hacker gets a hold of the information. It'll just be too easy for heroes with secret identies to be thrown into harms way if the world knows about them. I'm going to use HiVoltage as an example because of her rp. She's keeping her ID a secret because if everyone knew who she was she would be hunted down constantly by villains, especially if they knew she was just a 17 year old girl in high school. Her two friends (daniel and machael) would be constantly targeted in order to draw her out. No one she knows would be safe until she was dead.

#45 Posted by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feral Nova: But what if the government knew of her secret identity? If people find out (and given the fact that she is having those problems now it's irrevelant if it had been on a super secret website or not) about her secret identity the government could have sent support so she would not have to battle all those villains herself.
#46 Edited by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@Risky: LMAO military... right xD the Military in the CVU is a joke sorry LOL I've never seen them being able to take on super power beings ASIDE from the first Civil War Rpg.

#47 Edited by Risky (12629 posts) - - Show Bio
@Feral Nova: At least they could bring her friends to safety while she fights the villains. ;p

And Risky and Hawk are part of the military...
#48 Posted by nonfiction91 (1704 posts) - - Show Bio

@Feral Nova: Honestly? your right in real world terms, but I'd rather have Maya let it play out regardless, and one of us gets a modded attack we LITERALLY didn't expect from a heavy hitter, that would start a whole new chain of situations. if you were in the characters shoes you probably wouldn't assume so much so quickly being that in this world none of this happened yet, so as far as all of our characters go, this is a new thing that the world hasnt ever seen before, and nobody knows where it will go.

#49 Posted by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

if anything the military will just get in the way! xP and LMAO I can't picture Hawk or Risky taking military orders xD

#50 Edited by Feral Nova (46613 posts) - - Show Bio

@nonfiction: the thing is that, yes my character has seen a registration act try and take place before (I was around for the first civil war where the 1st one took place) ;) so she does know exactly whats going to follow, which is why she's not going to be for it.