Prelude to Progress- The Interview

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

"Progress is impossible without change, and those who cannot change their minds cannot change anything."

~ George Bernard Shaw

"-and thank you for coming on the show, director. We hope to see you again!" An enthusiastic voice exclaims, ringing throughout the backstage before being followed by the applause of a live audience. Most behind the scenes were busy moving equipment or otherwise preparing for whatever was next, but for a lone figure standing in a quiet corner of the room talking on his phone, the whole place and act was less than relevant to him. An very important individual has very important things to do, after all. "I told you last time, until you've acquired the assets I asked for, you don't contact me."

"Show time."

The tone was calm, but still carried an ounce of a threat to them. Not obvious enough any of the mindless employees in the building would notice, however. "What do you mean why? Because I don't like associating my-... excuse me."Cutting off the call as one of the employees approached him, he tilted his head and listened to the show... and that annoyingly enthusiastic voice. "Now we have a very exciting guest on the show today, Mr. Progress himself as you might know him...!" Shaking his head with a sigh, "Mr. Progress" put away his device and put on a smile.

"Please welcome Lucius Knox!" The ever excited audience exploded into applause as they always would, regardless of whether or not they actually knew who the man stepping onto the stage was... it wouldn't surprise the revolutionary savant in the least if none of them did and were simply applauding so the others would think they did. These were the kind of thoughts that ran through Lucius's head as he smiled and waved at the audience before taking a seat, turning to face his gracious host... Laura something, an insignificant name he could care less about remembering.

"Welcome to the show Mr. Lucius, were glad to have you!" The overly enthusiastic host said, eagerly reaching out to shake his hand as the audience quieted down. "I'm glad to have a chance to be here, Laura, and please- call me Luke."The man of tomorrow spoke with a clear and calm voice as he shook the energetic woman's hand, smiling just convincingly enough for simple minded to believe. "Alright then, Luke, I know you're a a man with little time between projects so I'll try to keep the interview short, sweet, and to the point."

Knox nodded thoughtfully, curious as to what questions would be coming first... his trials of using gamma rays as a energy source, his research into the X-Gene, his success with nanocybernetics? These were the projects he was making sure were showcased, obviously they wanted to know about the- "We wanted to find out a little bit more about your investigations into the works of Anthony Stark." Of course they'd find out about that, the media always does... just another thing he'd have to deal with. "I'll never figure out how you get your information, Laura, it always amazes me.... now where should I start?"

Clearing his throat and looking over the audience, the man of tomorrow quickly prepared his answer. "I've always had a vast interest in our former president, having a personal admiration for the man himself and a fascination for the technology he was able to create before entering the realm of politics. You could say I idolized him, to the point where I sought to follow in his footsteps."The speech seemed to garner mixed reactions from the audience, which Luke fully expected- Stark's presidency was one of many very questionable decisions, but one of what he believed was progress.

"Yes, we all are well aware of your admiration for Mr. Stark... but we are more curious as to how you plan on following him? I mean, we really doubt you are gonna build a suit to save the world, right?" They all shared a laugh amongst each other at the question, Knox included. "No I suppose you won't."He said with a grin, having to straightening himself out at the very thought. "Then what can we expect in the future from you, Luke? Can we expect you to be running in the next election, or will you continue in the advancements of mankind where Stark finished?"

Rubbing his chin thinking about his next few words, he smiled... turning to look at the cameras for a moment before turning back to his host. "I don't quite know yet, Laura, but what I can tell you is this... we can look forward to an better tomorrow."

OOC:

Well that took a while, but it gave me something to focus on and knock the rust off. This is just a little thing to introduce the character, nothing more nothing less. Post whatever you want in here, call me a douche or call me awesome, flag me, whatever. As long as it isn't a Good Luck, I hate those. =S

No Caption Provided

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Im gonna do something along the lines of an interview. Nice work.

The_Replicator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This was a good read. The character is interesting, and I'd be interested in seeing where you go with it.

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Good luck.

I'm an outlaw. Hehehe.

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for rated_r_superstarr
Rated_R_Superstarr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Mr. Progress." Badass nickname

_Whitechapel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice, very nice.

_Pariah_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reminds me I need to build that new whitehouse.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By _Braveheart_

This is well done.