Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

No Caption Provided

Time: Recent Past

Place: Space – Near Earth

Who Am I?

Why Am I Here?

What Is The Meaning Of It All?

Endless variations of these questions have been asked by every form of intelligent life, spanning from time immemorial to this very second, each and every one an attempt to give meaning to the quintessential example of linear chaos we call life, every one ending ending in bitter acceptance that the truth has eluded them. Just imagine, every form of life across the unquantifiable vastness of space and time, all working towards a common goal with billions of years to achieve a desired result, only to inevitably end in complete and utter failure. Maddening, isn't it?

Humanity is one such race, imbued with an innate curiosity and drive, an insatiable need to not only know, but to know more. Relentless pursuit of understanding, regardless of the innumerable failures and obstacles to overcome, is the singular most important trait that has allowed them to rise from their humble and inauspicious beginnings. Now a race not only firmly entrenched as the dominant species on their world of origin, but eager to escape the confines of their crib and see what the universe has yet hidden from them.

Fire

Electricity

Quantum Mechanics

The pieces of the puzzle are laid in their proper place ever so slowly, and with each new discovery a once thought insatiable thirst is finally laid to rest, quenched by long sought answers found by trial and tribulation. Only the sweet revelation is too quickly replaced by an even larger number of new mysteries created in its stead. The cycle, while vicious, is also intoxicating, and an addiction that has proven to be as dangerous as it is fortuitous. Knowledge and wisdom are not intertwined, and the possession of one without the other in equal parts is a recipe for catastrophe.

If there is a single trait that also defines the potential downfall of humanity, it would be their propensity to value the application of phenomena over the actual understanding of it. Squeeze it for every last drop of benefit and worry about the consequences for when they come, beholden to a belief that they will persevere no matter what, a deeply rooted faith that they shall overcome all trials in their path. Would be masters of their universe, insolent in the face of the cost of their own ambitions, unwilling or unable to fathom what they have truly wrought.

Scions of a Bloodline of Dualities

The Melancholy Prince

The Child-Like Empress

Two beings steeped in power dart across the skies above, resplendent in natural gifts taken for granted as simple birthrights and not the inherent threat each represents. Barely more than children, yet left to meet unimaginable dangers head-on without a second thought. Among the finest examples of how very unprepared this world has proven itself. The students left as custodians of the world as the teachers cannot be pulled away from their petty ambitions, too busy fighting over a world none will be left alive to claim as their own. The lives of the many too often left to ruin by the sins of the few.

A solemn figure watches in silence, as what is to be assuredly only the first of an untold number of disasters is temporarily averted. The two would be heroes streak off with their mission completed, offering him little more than a moment of contemplation, believing any further time spent in regards to his presence to be a waste of their limited time. Only once they have made their leave to an appropriate distance does he allow the now unnecessary facade to fade away.

No Caption Provided

Wilhelm - “I believe it is safe to say attempting to cover up or deal with this breach in a discreet manner is a moot point, between the two of them there is simply no way they are not aware of the origin of this world and what its appearance here represents. The hypothetical ramifications are as exhilarating as they are horrifying, this world will never be the same, no matter the result”

Ian - “To do such a thing as audacious as this....not since..”

Wilhelm - “Both worlds under the jurisdiction of different Exemplars, this should get complicated.”

Ian - “On that note could you please contact Addison and ask her to please explain to me how she lost a god damn planet without being aware of it?”

Wilhelm - “Yes Ian, and I will make sure to edit it in a way as to remove as much of a condescending tone as possible. Present circumstances only makes your reigning in your animosity towards certain members at bay, she had no part in your loss Ian, don't take it out on her.”

There was no need to admit out loud that his ever present AI compatriot was correct on all fronts, they had virtually shared one mind for so long such acts were all but shared internally. No matter the dispassionate front put forth in his professional capacity, as a man his feelings ran deep, constantly buried as to not allow his faults to be paid for by others. His burdens were his own to bear, all that mattered now was fulfilling his role while tilting the odds as much as possible in their favor.

Wilhelm - “Protocol dictates direct intervention to not be warranted at this point, but I have a sneaking suspicion you have no intention of standing idle. So how far are you going to bend your own rules this time Ian?”

Ian - “Only as much as is necessary, I've laid all those contingencies over the years for every worst case scenario I could conceive, this is an emergency and its time to break the glass. Under no circumstances inform Ellie without my consent, I don't want her coming back here until I know what she would be walking into.”

The lone obsidian figure stood alone, arms crossed in the expanse of space, taking a moment to review and contemplate every known factor and apply them to an innumerable number of potential scenarios and consequences. In the end not a single course of action would be considered anything resembling optimal, he would simply have to make do with what he had to work with and pray they can get their act together before it was too late. Without another moments hesitation the darkened figure vanished from its position above the Earth, it was time to go to work.

Time: Day Before The Cataclysm

Place: Private Quarters of Senior Director Ruby Gallagher

The space between worlds parted at his command, allowing him access to the depths of their facility and forgoing the mundane issues of doors and locks. Before emerging from nothingness, every preparation was made to not only conceal his presence, but to ensure the two would not be disturbed. Microscopic drones infected the surrounding area, taking their assigned places to cloud and impede the various sensors and security measures. A force field expanded with the intent to absorb and negate any kind of incoming or outgoing signal, no matter how faint or deceptive the frequency used. Her very mental patterns during sleep recorded and replayed along rotating parameters to keep even a telepathic sweep from finding anything out of place.

No matter how much she deserved at least to have peace at rest, there would be none for either of them for the time being. It was time to see if she truly was worthy of the position she held, if not he would have to quickly transition to one of the few and admittedly inferior options left to him under his mandated role. Without even a single motion the armor manipulated the surrounding technology, activating only the single lighting source directly above her bed. One of her background would be a light sleeper and no more would be needed to rouse the reason for his infiltration. Groggy eyes quickly adjusted to not only the sudden illumination, but to the lone intruder standing over her bed, one that had silently bypassed every precaution and measure designed to make such an act an impossibility.

Armistice - “Good evening Director Gallagher, you can call me....Redacted.”

@embargo

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sweetness on a Stick Magnificent post, That first part was like reading a Exemplar Bible. You did the watcher really well too! Incoming post

Avatar image for deactivated-57916056a8182
deactivated-57916056a8182

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

:)

You have no idea how awkward it felt to do an RPG post in writing after over a year of doing it purely verbally. LOL

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4aaebccd120
deactivated-5a4aaebccd120

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm too tired to read this but it's good to see you back in the game.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_animus_:

Thanks, but I'm only back temporarily.

Consider it an extended cameo as long as Sha needs me for plot purposes.

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Me likey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador:

Thanks (No idea whose alt this is, I've been gone a while)

@_animus_

you're a literal tool..get it right or Zauby will cut you

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: She already bled me out in the Rap battles thread a few weeks ago. Can't kill what alridy ded lawlzz.

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice:

The rabid fashion in which Ruby viciously plundered for answers left her body weary, the mystery surrounding the STRIKE database and its contents were starting to unravel. The pace in which she rabidly search brought on an extreme exhaustion –the kind the prevented her from putting her head down too long, in fear of impromptu sleep. This was much needed, after a day of dealing with the likes of Agent Barnes and Hollins; as well as trying to unravel the ambiguity of “Project Redacted, and Black Cell” mentions in the database, the hardened director finally laid down for sleep.

Sleeping at the HQ was oddly more stressful than sleeping in her Southside Chicago home; at home she had control over everything; a buzz gate that allowed people to enter her home, A caller I.D to see who was calling her, even timers on her appliances so they turned off when she wanted them to—when SHE wanted them to.

STRIKE was a different beast, quite often she’d hear agents out in the halls playing in the wee hours of the morning; there was always some sort of heated debated just two doors down. To top it all off back in Chicago she had lots of guns; it was her personal policy here at STRIKE that all firearms must be kept on the lower levels—for security reasons.

Needless to say if anyone came creeping through her door; they’d catch hell one way or another. Not long after her eyelashes met in unity; a blinding flash violently ripped her from her slumber. “What the hell!” She screamed, throwing her hands up in a defensive fighting stance. The blistering light tortured her pupils, but only for a moment. She got plenty of “squint glances” at the armored figure however over her bed.

Weapons, she had none; but if this being intended to kill her he would’ve done it in her sleep. As she fought off the blistering light with her hand; and the grogginess from being awakened in the middle of a Jamie Foxx dream, it all suddenly begins to click. “Project Redacted?” She muttered still, wiping the sleep from her lashes.

What do you want?
What do you want?

“So, you’re an “I’ll find you kind of person” She jested tossing her comforter to the side; she stood up with her hands folded obviously interested.

“Ok, you got me standing here in my grannies; so I’ll say this. I’ll entertain your presence, but just know I have questions of my own.”

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh my goddddddd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo

Were Ruby Gallagher to have been privy to the face behind the armored helm, there would be no way to hide the amusement with which he found her nonchalant reaction to his intrusion of her personal quarters. The natural rush of adrenaline and fear upon waking up to an unexpected and glaring source of unwanted light, not to mention an even more unexpected and unwanted potential assailant quickly passed once her senses had returned from whatever phase of R.E.M. sleep he awoke her from. What was left was a tired and weary figure, overworked, underpaid, and yet still unwilling to give an inch in any fashion even though he obviously held all the cards.

You'll entertain my presence? Looks like she earns her reputation for being...difficult.

Armistice - "Severe disappointment in your choice in sleepwear aside, I would put on a pot of coffee, this is going to take a while."

It was by now that she would notice that the door to her room was still closed and locked and that all of the security measures were listed as either disabled or unable to measure his presence. That and the obvious height advantage was accentuated by the fact he was not even standing on the ground, but instead hovering approximately one inch in the air under no obvious means of propulsion.

Armistice - "I suggest that we move past the standard verbal jousting to establish dominance, time is very much of the essence, and I find myself lacking the patience to do so without becoming extremely condescending sooner rather than later. In a show of good faith I will defer and allow you to begin the questioning, the sooner I establishing my bona fides, the more expedient we can move forward to actually accomplishing something. All I will say up front is the gaps in your knowledge, the gnawing questions in the back of your mind, they run deeper than you can even imagine. Should you have any reservations about your current position and role best to say it now, once you go down the rabbit hole, there is no coming back."

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_ said:

Oh my goddddddd

Yes? :)

Avatar image for deactivated-6030568ceeb29
deactivated-6030568ceeb29

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol at the sleepwear joke. I got one more on the way

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice:

@armistice:

“I’m overworked and underpaid, I don’t have enough money to buy from Victoria’s secret, and how’d you get in her anyways the buzzer never went off. I don’t even let the men I sleep with in my room.” She asked, very sluggishly moving from the left side of her room to the right side. Midway through her trek, she halted; her eyes finally adjusting to being back in the light. Her eyes darted up at the phantasm with the witty personality trying to gauge what the hell it was.

From just the initial moments of clarity she could tell he was human—maybe, he spoke well enough English to at considered human, but his effects hinted otherwise. “I suppose you’re not a coffee drinker?” She asked slipping a pair of grey sweatpants on.

His suggestion about establishing dominance was spot on; there was nothing to be gained from engaging in simple repartee. “Alright; but if that’s the case. I’m going to need you to come down. You’re killing my neck and eyeballs” She said, feeling the aches and pains from a long day of training.

“I have reservations every day, but that’s truthfully how I know my job is worth having. I’m a criminal justice major; nothing in that field could have prepared me for this job. I wouldn’t have taken it if I weren’t up for the challenge.” She answered genuinely, taking a minute sip of her coffee before getting into her first serious question.

“I’m going to ask you two questions at once; answer them how you see fit. My team isn’t really public knowledge yet; neither is this building. How’d you know where to find me? Secondly, why Maya Liafador what’s so special, did you suggest her to me?”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

Armistice awaited what he expected to be a very unconventional form of interrogation, the questions would begin innocent enough to establish a comfort zone between the two before she would begin to slip in what were her real concerns. This one played things very close to her vest, and would only give as well as she felt she was getting in return. Considering there was simply no way he could reveal the complete truth about the current state of affairs, he was going to have to be very generous with the ones he could were they to get anywhere in a reasonable amount of time.

Armistice - "There is going to be an STRIKE payroll accounting error in your favor, please spend it as frivolously as possible on something a little more, fashionable. Even if I don't see it again I consider it gift for all mankind"

Almost as if on cue her phone received a text message showing an automated deposit for an amount more than suitable to update her undergarment needs for the near future (the dollar and cent amount matching her STRIKE access number), as well as to blatantly point out his ability to access their network in at least some capacity at will.

Armistice - "Your facility is not shielded against all forms of teleportation Director, I'm afraid my means of ingress was simply willing myself to this very spot. As for the coffee, no thank you, but kudos for the understated attempt to expose myself or my traits in even the smallest of ways."

While the bluntness of his explanation would by no means make Ruby feel any safer at night, it was the lesser evil to be up front, at least in this case, of his capabilities and establish at least an initial truth between them. As for the the fact his method of travel was in actuality far more than just simple teleportation, an omission she could neither prove nor relevant at this point. Upon responding to her request for him to lower himself to ground level and taking in her vocal acknowledgement, accepting the consequences of this conversation moving further, he knew the real interrogation was about to begin.

Armistice - "As for your first question, there are very few organizations of genuine importance that I do not have at least some kind of insider access to in one form or another. My presence and activities predate the majority of the factions of note still in play, I laid my foundation, my very network of operatives and sources before they even joined the game. As for your organization in particular, I will admit to not only having direct access to your entire network, but to having assets placed directly in key positions within your organization. As for the identities of said assets, I'm afraid that information cannot be shared until they complete their thorough review of your operatives. As angry as I am quite sure this revelation makes you, if I had ulterior motives detrimental to you and your team in mind it would also be the last thing I would ever admit to. Their purpose is simply to verify your newly assembled recruits only serve one master, once that is complete I will reveal them to you and their continued employment will be at your sole discretion."

At this point Ian took a moment to allow her to vent at his admittance to have already gained intimate access to her organization, at the same time he examined her face, waiting to see how she took to this news, curious to see what further questions this led to should it not result in a complete and utter tantrum. His words were not meant to bruise egos, but a test, how she dealt with this news would tell him quite a bit as to just how strategic a level her mind really worked.

Armistice - "As for your second question, that answer is exceptionally...complicated. At this point I really do not think you are open enough to the validity of my words to accept the truth should I offer it. Attempting to delve into that subject in detail would be counterproductive, as for now I will admit to her being of significant importance and should be considered a priority to monitor and protect. I'm quite sure you see her as more than abundantly powerful to defend herself, but there are vulnerabilities you are not yet aware of. Her placement here was in fact orchestrated by design, but make no mistake, she does not have any prior relationship with me in any way, and is not one of my sources in even an unwitting factor."

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Will have a post up later, my break is over.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

So does Ruby really, really hate him yet? LOL

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is making me want to bring Ellie back D:

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ren_ said:

This is making me want to bring Ellie back D:

Sorry, this event is not wheelchair accessible wheels :)

Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice: She's not in a wheelchair anymore, smartass!

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sorry, for some reason I still picture your alts as crippled and pregnant :)
Sorry, for some reason I still picture your alts as crippled and pregnant :)

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@armistice:

“What are you—“Ruby halted at the sound of her white Samsung galaxy s6 buzzing on the far side of the room. To any normal person receiving a pay increase would’ve been something to celebrate; but Ruby didn’t take to kind to his intrusion of her account—after she somewhat got over him intruding into her room. One of her eyebrows raised due to her no so subtle livid exterior; taking another sip of her French vanilla coffee the slightly irritated director listened to his answers with interest.

“Your right that does make me angry.” She started sitting the cup down on the desk beside her bed. She thought it best to not carry on the subject too long, but did have a few choice words on the matter. “You admitting that to me is no gift, I don’t know you. You’re in my room despite my security measures; you’re in my bank account despite my security measures. You have a mole in my organization despite my security measures; you’re not invested in me at all. You act like you know me “Redacted” She said using the air quotes. “So what really do you want with me?”

“Do not continue to insult my intelligence with what I can, and won’t be able to understand. Remember it was you who said to move past the verbal jousting.” The answers regarding Maya provided no solace; needless to say again there was certain vagueness in his answers. She felt like she was being toyed with for some ungodly reason, that he only appeared to tease her with the fact that he held all the cards--which he did.

A vagueness that saw no real point of asking questions that seemed to have no real answer. She knew he would give her everything around the right answer, but she needed one questioned answered. “What is Project Redacted and Who are the Black Cell?”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

There was no question that his overbearing manner, barging into her world unannounced and uninvited, would be taken with at the very least a resentful and infurated stare. Under normal circumstances he would have revealed things in a much more subtle and controlled manner, as he had with Ellie over the years. Sadly time was simply not a luxury he had to work with and less refined methods were required. For now, Ian did not need her to like him, or even respect him, only to firmly understand the credibility that came from flaunting said abilities to ensure his words were being carefully heeded. Apologies for his complete lack of tact would have to wait for after countermeasures have been place in motion, neither could afford to simply react to events as they manifested, STRIKE would need to start taking the initiative should they not find themselves overwhelmed by the unknown.

Armistice - "My lack of clarity in regards to certain answers have not to do with your intelligence, but are a matter of prudence. While I am quite sure you would much rather be given the entire story and decide for yourself what information is relevant and what can be ignored, things are not that simple. My assistance comes with a very elaborate set of..restrictions...some of my own volition and others mandated by let us refer to as a...higher power. If you find those terms unacceptable I will take my leave and move on to an alternate plan of action using other resources, by no means will I force my presence on you past this single interaction."

Unbeknownst to Ruby, while the theoretical danger was immense, the actual danger was still to be determined. This uncertainty forced Ian to balance his answers by the mandate he was already bending far past its intended limits. These were all rules and concepts she had no way to grasp or even know of their very existence, being a natural skeptic any attempt to conceal specific details was going to only cause her to bristle and demand clarification.

Armistice - "Your world is about to go through what is best described as a global paradigm shift, all the various factions at play are going to find their place in the world turned upside down by something they could not hope to predict. Revelations will occur where what was once thought theoretical will be proven as not only possible, but stone cold and undeniable fact. As for how this will change perspectives, objectives, and goals across the geopolitical spectrum, no one can answer that for sure. Yet without a steady hand to keep the ship on course, chaos will reign and ambitions for power will be the fuel that burns it all into ashes. You face resistance and assault on multiple fronts, some of the threats you are already aware of, others you suspect to various degrees, but its the ones beyond your scope you need to fear the most. The prior will determine who among them will hold the seats of power in this changed world, the latter will determine if there is a world left to rule."

Ian took a moment to pause, allowing her to collect her thoughts and soak in the dire tone given to his previous warning. Only choosing to continue and provide additional answers to her many questions once he felt this conversation was having the desired effect.

Armistice - " We could spend days and not even scratch the surface as to the conspiracy those two names encompass, so for now you will have to settle with the Cliffs Notes version. Project: Redacted is the cover name given to a now defunct black operation overseen directly by the United Nations Security Council regarding the rise in metahuman and mutant influence in global affairs. Finding themselves completely unprepared to deal with the capabilities of this emerging world power they approved the use of covert agents to monitor and if need be eliminate those deemed threats too dangerous or unpredictable to deal with diplomatically. Over time there grew a faction within the UN that found the tactics and force approved for use against rogue metahumans to be too restrictive, they saw themselves as only delaying and not eliminating the problem. The metahuman community offered more than enough examples to draw followers to this mode of thinking and at a tipping point a coup was initiated within the United Nations itself. Agents of over a dozen different world governments systematically diverted as many resources devoted to the operation as possible before splintering off and taking the fight to a different level entirely. The extremists were now in charge and they had an extensive war machine at their disposal, compliments of a United Nations that could not publically denounce them without revealing their own involvement, an elaborate cover up was used to wipe it under the rug and deal with it quietly. This organization, utterly devoted to the subjugation and elimination of every last mutant and metahuman refers to itself internally as Black Cell."

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Officially STRIKE had yet to become public; Ruby wished she could somehow keep it like that, but it was a sentiment she knew would end soon enough. There were just entirely too many different things happening in the world for people to not notice their silent saviors. For the first time in their entire engagement Ruby stood with her hands crossed rapidly analyzing the information as it hit her ears.

Taking a sip of her coffee she continued to repel a look of astute focus, her eyes only wavered when the occasional yawn set in from being waked prematurely. His explanation of the events that had yet to come to past secured in her mind she was dealing with some form of higher entity, a scholar of the cosmos. It was the only logical reason that a being such as himself, was “restricted” in what he could and could not reveal.

“So you’ve traveled from God knows where to warn us about a problem, but we’re not even sure what this problem with throw at us.” Ruby replied, thinking that this job might literally kill her. As a tactician she immediately begin to think about how her team could effectively cover a vast area of operations with the least amount of people possible.

No sooner than she became a victim of her own thoughts; her attention was snagged by his explanation of the furtive Black Cell Organization. Even as a former adamant humans rights advocate Ruby had no knowledge of the Black Cell, she’d attended dozens of protest just for the sake of protesting; not exactly sure who they were supported by—now years later she was the commander of the largest collection of superhumans/mutants.

Could it be possible that someone within this organization was responsible for her anonymous selection? She originally thought that Maya Liafador was the reason, but after having multiple conversations with the Power Princess she knew deep down that Maya didn’t have the wherewithal to make a decision of the sort.

Pondering only for a moment it became clear that with a list of current Cell spots that further investigation would be needed before she could pin-point her answers. That or maybe she just needed to change the questions she asked.

“If we’d bet before this little arrangement, I’d probably owe you money.” She said off the pretenses that everything he said was to enormous for her to comprehend in such a small amount of time. “How do you propose we prepare ourselves for these events? And the million dollar question; is there anyone I could apprehend to give me the answers I need on the black cell.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@embargo:

He had to give her credit, she was taking the entire interaction better than he had expected to this point, all things considered. There was no question Ruby was going to find his invasion of not only her privacy, but that of every man and woman under her command, a grudge to be held for some time. Yet the young Director had quickly found the resolve to shift personal feelings of anger and righteous indignation to the wayside as soon as she found herself reasonably convinced that her ebony-clad intruders presence was not without warrant. Ian hoped her steely resolve shown up to this moment had limits yet unseen, for this was just the first step in her education of how the world really worked.

Armistice - "For that I will require some visual aids, lets take a short field trip to give you the proper perspective."

Without another word the single source of illumination overhead was replaced with that of a million white Christmas light strewn about in every direction. Once given a moment to acclimate to her new environment Ruby would find herself standing side-by side with the enigma known only to her as Redacted, her eyes betraying the rest of her senses as the tactile feeling of cool glass against her feet proved otherwise. Suspended in space by unknown means and treated to a viewpoint very few, even among the metahuman community, could claim to have experienced themselves. These theatrics were not without purpose, every new amazement would only expand her minds acceptance of the otherworldly, something she was soon to become all too familiar with as the coming events came to pass.

Armistice - "There is no need to panic Director, the artificial environment you are currently suspended in matches the atmospherics of the room we have just left in every last detail. I am monitoring all incoming and outgoing communications to ensure should an emergency occur requiring your immediate attention you would be returned to your quarters in a matter of moments."

Ian could not help but to look down upon her face as she took in the world she was tasked to protect from a vantage point such as this for the very first time. There was obviously very little that left him with a childlike sense of wonder anymore, yet he never lost the thrill of giving it to others. A small smile crept upon his face at the number of such trips Ellie had literally begged and pouted her way into getting once discovering her mentor was more than just a fellow technological savant.

Armistice – "As you can see the amount of real estate you have to cover is massive, attempting to cover such an expanse with even all the resources at your disposal is a futile effort destined in failure. This is a task where one must orientate themselves into working smarter and not just harder as there are only so many hours in a day. Your constant efforts and obvious dedication are all more than admirable, yet your status quo has already left you in a frazzled state with your head barely above water. Face it Ruby, you are drowning, and the worst has not even begun to rear its ugly head. No matter how much being a micro-manager is in your nature, you have to learn to let go and delegate where possible. STRIKE does not need a dispatcher to yell for whom to put out fires and where. They need a strategic mind to guide them through the political minefield where every decision must be weighed on not only how effective it will be in resolving a present situation, but how it will affect and be viewed by the ever watching powers-that be. “

At the moment he finished speaking, the world below them began to rotate, as if he had willed it to spin like one would a globe. As he spoke the invisible field that surrounded them would outline and highlight whatever country he was referring to as he continued, it seemed for this man all the world was a stage.

Armistice - “The United States has once again played musical chairs with its presidency, Venezuela is still a powder keg waiting to explode, and now Spain finds itself the landing spot of a family dynasty that has finally found a home. Wedged in between are once great powers looking to regain their place at the table, and the up and comers looking to prove they finally deserve a seat themselves. Every major decision must take into account how it will realign the landscape, whom it will favor, and whom it will impede, as even more important than bringing the guilty to justice, is maintaining the balance. To deviate the ambiance, as to favor any one faction in a drastic manner, will only embolden them into confrontation among one another to expand their interests. It is far more manageable to poison the well where necessary to stifle ambition, than to confront every new would be conqueror head on, STRIKE does not have the resources to take on the world so pretending otherwise only invites spite. And that is just the external forces at play, we have not even begun to examine the internal ones within STRIKE itself. How well do you really know the various field operatives you have assembled and whose actions now represent your banner?”

Embargo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very soon the very dimensions of her quarters began to shift dressing the environment around them with a cool and quaint feel. The young director stood in awe not because of the environment, but because of the seemingly endless abilities the armored one seemed to possess. His words weren’t like that of a parent speaking to a child, but more so a mentor speaking to their apprentice.

She understood his words, they made sense; but she wasn’t brought on to be a politician. She had no interest in how STRIKE looked on a world scale; but that was the problem. Unattached from a real political backer; STRIKE was nothing more than a glorified terrorist organization.

“I can’t sanction any action towards those countries because I lack the ability to do so. You’re asking me to be a delegator someone who understands the political playing field, and can distribute the means to get a job done. What STRIKE needs is a defined leader, someone to keep my ambitions in check; someone to make sure I don’t go over the deep end, but we don’t have that.” She replied tentatively watching as the world around them began to turn.

“If you know how we can be an effective unit, get me the resources I need. You said it yourself I can’t take on the world, but with the resources and the man-power we can make sure the world does not try to take on us.”

Folding her arms at his last point, it managed to strike an interesting string of thoughts. STRIKE contained Gods and Goddess’, immortal and misplaced beings; and at her level she didn’t understand any of them.

“Truthfully, I don’t know them at all. For all I know Maya Liafador is just one bad show from speaking us out of existence. I’ve taken measures to contain any rouge member of my team hero or agent; it should be finished shortly. I’ll have to speak to my consultant about taking a more political role. Question, why me? What makes me so different than the countless others you could’ve haunted in the middle of the night? Why does these problems rest on my shoulders alone?”

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

One could almost see the wheels turning in her mind as his words brought structure to disparate thoughts once pushed aside in Ruby's mind in lieu of more immediate and pressing matters. Keeping up with the minutiae regarding STRIKE and its general operations had consumed nearly every waking hour, thoughts as to the big picture aspects of such an organization deemed destined for another day. Yet the barbarians at the gate would offer no mercy for the unprepared, they had plans for the organization even if it had yet to do so for themselves.

Armistice - “If you believe that STRIKE needs another voice to lead them within the political arena, leaving yourself to handle the operational aspects of the organization, then you should make finding one a priority. You are correct in your statement that the legitimacy of your actions, no matter how noble, are suspect to say the least, an Achilles’s Heel that needs to be addressed by you before one of your contemporaries does so for you.”

Coming to the point where she began to assume and expect his input as to how to proceed with such an overhaul as to their operations as a whole, Ian paused to contemplate on exactly how to answer.

Armistice - “Let me be up front Director, I have no intentions to provide you with any kind of step-by-step plan as to how to move forward. My assistance will be relegated to playing Devil's Advocate for the most part, offering alternative viewpoints while not enforcing any particular direction of my own. You will need to surround yourself with a varied cast of personalities with which to forge a direction independent of anyone elses agenda. Take every piece of advice with suspicion and more than a grain of salt, even my own. Do not paint yourself into a corner where I or anyone else becomes a crutch you come to rely on too much, to do so risks their taking advantage of such a position to further goals outside your own. My aid should never be considered guaranteed and will only given on an as-needed basis”

Ian was not surprised that even with the importance of what had previously been discussed, at some point things would turn to questions of a more personal nature. Standing in her shoes the very obvious question of “why me?” was going to come up inevitably.

Armistice - “I could delve into an array of reasons for which you were chosen for this interaction, but lets contain ourselves to the three most relevant. The first is that you have shown no intention of using your position solely as a way to enact a personal agenda, you will find yourself a rarity in that regard soon enough. There are multiple more established and influential factions to choose from, but their die has already been cast to further goals of power and vanity, the needs of the common man or woman are a passing concern at best. The second is that you have already shown a propensity to look not only for the what and where, but the why. You already understand the value of such a mindset and it being one rarely shared by those around you gives you a distinct strategic advantage. As for last, even with a demeanor a little rough around the edges, and with a grotesque taste in lingerie, you have projected the genuinely selfless nature required of one to even have a chance of success in this role.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

LOL Really back to the underwear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

Ian has very high expectations in that department, don't hassle me just because she doesn't measure up :)

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana:

Ian has very high expectations in that department, don't hassle me just because she doesn't measure up :)

Granny's happen to be very comfortable lol

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:

@armistice said:

@shanana:

So selfish, did you ever stop to think about his needs? LOL

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:

@armistice said:

@shanana:

LOL, He needs food. He needs toilet paper. He needs time to himself. Why do I need to be uncomfortable with a string in my triangle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@shanana said:

@armistice said:

@shanana said:

@armistice said:

@shanana:

LOL, He needs food. He needs toilet paper. He needs time to himself. Why do I need to be uncomfortable with a string in my triangle.

Are you really asking this question to a living being equipped with a penis and expecting to like and/or respect the response, yes or no?

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers