Post Length

• 152 results

This topic is locked from further discussion.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#51  Edited By Last_Guardian

Ronin, pmed you...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

#52  Edited By No_Name_

I don't think this thread was meant to offend anyone. There is nothing wrong with a little constructive criticism. It can only improve your writing and make our lives easier :P

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#53  Edited By pixelized
BatgirlBabs said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Squall. said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
Oh and while we're on the subject, I hate when people post things that have nothing to do with the plotline.
"
Yes, and I can't agree more. If you want to tell something about your character's history or something then place it in your bio, or make a fan fic for your character. Story rpgs should be about that, The Story. Fight rpgs should be about that The Fight. Not your characters entire life and what he had for dinner the night before.

If you want to talk about a flashback or your history do it somewhere that does not take away from the plot or the fight.
"
i gotta disagree there...i think that adds depth to the story...since a lot of these rpgs are canon, some people have to know what ur character's been up to since last rpg...like if i had been in civil war like many were..i think it's a good idea to post what you've been up to since Civil War ended....but of course, a short summary not every little detail..."
Ok I dont want to point fingers but I can think of at least one person who's posts consistently have nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with science fiction characters I am unfamiliar with >.>
"
Hmmmm I WONDER [=
Avatar image for deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118
deactivated-5f10a0c8ad118

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

BatgirlBabs said:
"
"
Ok I dont want to point fingers but I can think of at least one person who's posts consistently have nothing to do with the plot and everything to do with science fiction characters I am unfamiliar with >.>
"

I think I know who it is. >->
Avatar image for ronin_alexsnder
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#55  Edited By ronin alexsnder
BatgirlBabs said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Squall. said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
Oh and while we're on the subject, I hate when people post things that have nothing to do with the plotline.
"
Yes, and I can't agree more. If you want to tell something about your character's history or something then place it in your bio, or make a fan fic for your character. Story rpgs should be about that, The Story. Fight rpgs should be about that The Fight. Not your characters entire life and what he had for dinner the night before.

If you want to talk about a flashback or your history do it somewhere that does not take away from the plot or the fight.
"
i gotta disagree there...i think that adds depth to the story...since a lot of these rpgs are canon, some people have to know what ur character's been up to since last rpg...like if i had been in civil war like many were..i think it's a good idea to post what you've been up to since Civil War ended....but of course, a short summary not every little detail..."
"
LMFAO now that i can agree with.
Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By Mer-Man
ronin alexsnder said:
"Mer-Man said:
"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Mer-Man said:
"No Problem FN. But you are one of the ones I worry about. Some of your posts go unread."
? all of Nova's posts (the ones i've read) make total sense and are great..."
SWEET! :D Thanks Obi!

<---feels the love XD
"
No No No, you misunderstand me. Nova is a great writer. But her 5 page posts go unread merely because of their length. If I come back from work and see 18 unread posts and one is 6 pages long, i probably won't read it. "
and then you will probably miss out on something and make the RPG confusing. if  nova left her team adn in your next post you went on about how you attacked her when she was with your team dont you think that  would be screwed up
"
That's why you always ask for an update.
pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#57  Edited By pixelized

Desilation
said:
"Mer-Man said:
"It has come to my attention that in the past few months, the length of posts has grown Astronomically. Now I'm not here to put anyone down or anything, but in my opinion, extremely long posts have gotten out of hand. People spend so much time writing long posts, they forget about the content of what's inside it. The new fad is, the longer the RPG post, the better the post is. I have been doing RPG's for a long time now and I have seen half page posts that were nothing short of spectacular. I am not saying that we should go back to the old ways of 3-5 LINE posts. But 3-5 pages is too much. There are some awesome writers out there who write very long posts, but the thing is, most of that writing is over looked. If you have got an RPG with 10 people who are each writing 3 pages per post, that's 30 written pages to keep up with if you happen to leave, and the majority of people will not be willing to read that much in one sitting. Remember, this is all just my opinion, I mean absolutely no offense to it, and I am just bringing up something that I believe needs to be addressed"

really so do you have a solution to this problem?"
Yeah, Pray that people stop writing Novels
Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By Squall.

One of the other things I would like to bring up is Quoting or retelling other posts that happened before yours. There is no need for you to go over every single detail that the person did in the post before and then go in to yours. I have seen people basically quote someone word for word for their post and then make their own section. The part they retold is longer than what they come up with on their own. Not sure I am making sense here.....

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#59  Edited By pixelized
Squall. said:
"One of the other things I would like to bring up is Quoting or retelling other posts that happened before yours. There is no need for you to go over every single detail that the person did in the post before and then go in to yours. I have seen people basically quote someone word for word for their post and then make their own section. The part they retold is longer than what they come up with on their own. Not sure I am making sense here.....
"
Like if i say "Pix walked to the toilet and took a sh!t" and then someone else says, "and then pix walked to the toilet and took a sh!t"

kind of
Mer-Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#60  Edited By Mer-Man
Desilation said:
"Mer-Man said:
"It has come to my attention that in the past few months, the length of posts has grown Astronomically. Now I'm not here to put anyone down or anything, but in my opinion, extremely long posts have gotten out of hand. People spend so much time writing long posts, they forget about the content of what's inside it. The new fad is, the longer the RPG post, the better the post is. I have been doing RPG's for a long time now and I have seen half page posts that were nothing short of spectacular. I am not saying that we should go back to the old ways of 3-5 LINE posts. But 3-5 pages is too much. There are some awesome writers out there who write very long posts, but the thing is, most of that writing is over looked. If you have got an RPG with 10 people who are each writing 3 pages per post, that's 30 written pages to keep up with if you happen to leave, and the majority of people will not be willing to read that much in one sitting. Remember, this is all just my opinion, I mean absolutely no offense to it, and I am just bringing up something that I believe needs to be addressed"

really so do you have a solution to this problem?"
Um yes, this is my solution, hopefully
Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#61  Edited By Squall.
pixelized said:
"Squall. said:
"One of the other things I would like to bring up is Quoting or retelling other posts that happened before yours. There is no need for you to go over every single detail that the person did in the post before and then go in to yours. I have seen people basically quote someone word for word for their post and then make their own section. The part they retold is longer than what they come up with on their own. Not sure I am making sense here.....
"
Like if i say "Pix walked to the toilet and took a sh!t" and then someone else says, "and then pix walked to the toilet and took a sh!t"

kind of
"
Kind of like that, but worse....Not sure I am wording this right. o.0

There are some people who try and make up for a lack of writing skill by just copying what others do and type. Their entire post is almost nothing but a retelling of what happened.
triple7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By triple7

LOL.....I just skip to the end of peoples posts when they are super long

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#63  Edited By pixelized
Squall. said:
"pixelized said:
"Squall. said:
"

kind of
"
Kind of like that, but worse....Not sure I am wording this right. o.0

There are some people who try and make up for a lack of writing skill by just copying what others do and type. Their entire post is almost nothing but a retelling of what happened.
"
its cool i smell what you're stepping in...we vibe
ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#64  Edited By ronin alexsnder
Gambler said:
"ronin alexsnder said:
"im not tryin to take this personally but i know i write long posts. im just tryin to figure out where i babble on about unnecessary things and babble on about  trash thats all.
"
Who said you did? He didn't say ALL LONG posts. And to be honest your post isn't that long.
"
whew

wipes sweat off his forehead

all i wanted to do was make sure that i was not this person or one of these people thats all.
Ruin Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#65  Edited By Ruin Cross
Ruin Cross said:
"I respectfully disagree. I type long psot because it jsut ahppens that way. 4000 words may seem like a lot to youll but its nothing when you write books. If you dont want to read it just skim. But there are some people who do, for instance i like lnog post!"

Plus if soemone seen a post that was 4000 words they jsutr dont read it. So how will they know whether or not it is goood quality or not. Exactly! They wont.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#66  Edited By The_Ghostshell

There are people who make long posts and I know its going to be a good read. Theres a difference between being to lazy to read a long post, and not wanting to read a long post cause you know its 5000 words about waking up.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#67  Edited By pixelized
Ruin Cross said:
"Ruin Cross said:
"I respectfully disagree. I type long psot because it jsut ahppens that way. 4000 words may seem like a lot to youll but its nothing when you write books. If you dont want to read it just skim. But there are some people who do, for instance i like lnog post!"

Plus if soemone seen a post that was 4000 words they jsutr dont read it. So how will they know whether or not it is goood quality or not. Exactly! They wont. "
What has to be explained in 4,000 words that can be shortned in some way?
Uchiha Hotaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#68  Edited By Uchiha Hotaru

Well, if someone writes a long post, I usually skim through it to see if my character, or any of the characters that I am interacting with are in it, if they are then I read the entire post, if not, then I skip it write out my post and THEN go back to read it. But... thats just me ^_^'

ronin alexsnder

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#69  Edited By ronin alexsnder
Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Well, if someone writes a long post, I usually skim through it to see if my character, or any of the characters that I am interacting with are in it, if they are then I read the entire post, if not, then I skip it write out my post and THEN go back to read it. But... thats just me ^_^'
"
i pretty much do the same unless my team is involved then i read their posts too.
The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#70  Edited By The_Ghostshell
Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Well, if someone writes a long post, I usually skim through it to see if my character, or any of the characters that I am interacting with are in it, if they are then I read the entire post, if not, then I skip it write out my post and THEN go back to read it. But... thats just me ^_^'
"
I do that to depending on who's post it is :P

I also dont want people feeling like that cant create a long post. Just write your post and if  it turns out to by really long then so be it. Do you, $#@! the haters :P
Ruin Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By Ruin Cross
Gambler said:
"There are people who make long posts and I know its going to be a good read. Theres a difference between being to lazy to read a long post, and not wanting to read a long post cause you know its 5000 words about waking up.
"
agreead.

pixelized said:
"Ruin Cross said:
"Ruin Cross said:

Plus if soemone seen a post that was 4000 words they jsutr dont read it. So how will they know whether or not it is goood quality or not. Exactly! They wont. "
What has to be explained in 4,000 words that can be shortned in some way?"

A lot thats what. But its not like im talknig about waking up. Thee whole post is pretty much action
Ruin Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#72  Edited By Ruin Cross

Gambler said:

"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"
I do that to depending on who's post it is :P

I also dont want people feeling like that cant create a long post. Just write your post and if  it turns out to by really long then so be it. Do you, $#@! the haters :P
"

lmao dats wats up!

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By Last_Guardian
BatgirlBabs said:
"
if ur talking to me i'd like you to show me one post in which i do that...
Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By Squall.

OB1 I do not believe you are the person she is talking about.

pixelized

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#75  Edited By pixelized
Ruin Cross said:

A lot thats what. But its not like im talknig about waking up. Thee whole post is pretty much action"
Mkay

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi, That was not aimed at you.

I know who it was aimed at and can PM The name to you if you want.

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#77  Edited By Last_Guardian
Squall. said:
"OB1 I do not believe you are the person she is talking about.
"
alright just making sure cause my character is sci fi too lol

@Drifter: sure go ahead, man..i love talking about people behind there backs..it's what jedi's do best! lol
Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#78  Edited By Squall.
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
.i love talking about people behind there backs..it's what jedi's do best! lol
"
takes away his lightsaber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan Kenobi! said:

@Drifter: sure go ahead, man..i love talking about people behind there backs..it's what jedi's do best! lol
"

lmao. Done.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#80  Edited By Last_Guardian
Squall. said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
.i love talking about people behind there backs..it's what jedi's do best! lol
"
takes away his lightsaber
"
HEY! lol
Avatar image for lillya_wildchild
Lillya WildChild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#81  Edited By Lillya WildChild

i spent from 25 to 30 mintues per post, sometimes they are a page long, sometimes not, I put alot into it but i never lose or forget what im posting about, but i do get the main point. And i have seen it to where when im looking though an rp, i dont read everything cus that is jus way to much for me to read. Battles get that way aswell. that is why i dont read battles. I have a hard enough time with the battles i am in, (which im not)

Tidus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#82  Edited By Tidus

Wow I'm glad someone actually brought this up.I've always thought that people should be cutting down their posts to a minimum of what needs to be said and some decent details.Don't get me wrong I've had my fair share of long posts but I feel as if sometimes I have to do it just to keep up.When I'm part of an Rp and i miss out on a day I have to read tons of Huge posts to catch up and after a while it gets a little tiring and I usually end up quitting it.I think its one of the main reasons why I don't participate in most of the RPGs now

Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#83  Edited By Squall.
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
HEY! lol"
gives it back to him, but it now holds a red crystal :P

lol
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#84  Edited By No_Name_

Obi it wasnt you. You like the lightsaber but you dont worship it am I right? :P

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#85  Edited By Last_Guardian
Squall. said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
HEY! lol"

lol
"
wa? give me my green crystal back!!!
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#86  Edited By Last_Guardian
BatgirlBabs said:
"Obi it wasnt you. You like the lightsaber but you dont worship it am I right? :P
"
lol yeah, i got it, Babsy...and that statement sounds kinda gay...

Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#87  Edited By Squall.
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"wa? give me my green crystal back!!!"
"Neva"

pockets the green crystal and takes off running
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#88  Edited By No_Name_
Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"BatgirlBabs said:
"Obi it wasnt you. You like the lightsaber but you dont worship it am I right? :P
"
lol yeah, i got it, Babsy...and that statement sounds kinda gay...

"
lmao
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#89  Edited By Last_Guardian
goes to Dragon's Lair to wait for him...

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"Squall. said:
"Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
HEY! lol"

lol
"
wa? give me my green crystal back!!!"

gives him a cool red one.

Go to the darkside Obi.
Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#91  Edited By Last_Guardian

NEVER! (besides, I already got one sith character..gotta keep the balance lol)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obi Wan Kenobi! said:
"NEVER! (besides, I already got one sith character..gotta keep the balance lol)"

lol
Uchiha Hotaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#93  Edited By Uchiha Hotaru
Lillya WildChild said:
"i spent from 25 to 30 mintues per post
THATS IT?! O.O

I usually end up spending 2 HOURS on mine! T_T
Desilation

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#94  Edited By Desilation
Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
THATS IT?! O.O

"

LOL
Rikku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#95  Edited By Rikku

if your in a battle with some who've faced before why not relate your last fight with it, also if your rpg has no specific reason to as why your fighting then why not create your own story behind if your fighting someone you know is going to create  a long post them why fight them.?

i would'nt consider myself a long poster but if the challenge is there then i'll acept

Rikku

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#96  Edited By Rikku
Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
THATS IT?! O.O

"
me to
Uchiha Hotaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#97  Edited By Uchiha Hotaru
Rikku said:
"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
THATS IT?! O.O

"
me to
"
LMAO YAY! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! XD
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#98  Edited By No_Name_
Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Rikku said:
"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Lillya WildChild said:
THATS IT?! O.O

"
me to
"
LMAO YAY! I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE! XD
"
Me three :D
Squall.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#99  Edited By Squall.

Longest I have spent on a post is about an hour and eight minutes. Give or take.

Uchiha Hotaru

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#100  Edited By Uchiha Hotaru
BatgirlBabs said:
"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Rikku said:
"Uchiha Hotaru said:
"Lillya WildChild said: