Political Chess: Enter the Dark King

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Hound_of_War

Red hands, black tie, lead heart, a silver smile eclipsing the dead dark eyes. His posture firm and tall with confidence,his body casts a enormous shadow that went beyond the horizon and into the abyss. For a man so old he was in formidable form. He made sure that his suit did not hide this fact.

Being in the light made him uneasy, since World War II he worked from behind the curtain. Always letting the Allegiances of the world lift morale, the U.S government didn't call him when they needed to inspire people. No. He was the one they called when they needed a Head of State headless.

That's all in the past now. The legend of the Black Bat died in a car accident. Only the dead know the truth. Several sighting had been made, but now it's easier to hide the truth from the masses. With every other depressed billionaire attempting to adopt a similar persona, it was a simple task to cover his own actions and blame one of them.

He couldn't have done that in today's world where every kid can "Google" your name and find your entire biography. Killing Julian Knightfall and creating Alexander Donn was far easier back then. Everything was.

Both palms holding on to each other, finger intertwined creating a self-assured and calm stance. The First Arashikage had studied everything from speech patterns to hand movements. With a stern, yet reassuring tone he begun speaking to the lines of reporters with their cameras and microphones.

"Good evening"

"For too long we have been governed by fear. Whether it is the Arcani, Al Qaeda, or Venezuela" He let out a small grin at the unintentional, calculated rhyme.

"This fear has led us to discriminate against innocent people. Our country made the same mistake before. Until one man decided to dream big enough. I'm hoping that I can be like that great man and break the barriers that separate humanity and mutant kind from peace. Instead of being an ambassador to a nation, I want to be an ambassador from mutant kind". The crowds begun whispering, asking their camera men if they had gotten that on record.

"I am a mutant. But that shouldn't define me, I am an American first and a mutant second. I want equality, I don't believe that one should rule the other. Coexistence can be achieved, we as a nation have proved that in the past. We can be the beacon of light that put the first man on the moon. We just have to dream big enough"

"This government has been bought and sold by major corporations. The only difference between a Democrat and a Republican is the market that they are trying to target. If you look at the money trail, they all go back to the same companies. That's because corporations do not have political alliances. The separation of church and state was one of the greatest gifts that our funding fathers gave us. However, they couldn't have foreseen that we would require the separation of corporations and state"

"Which is why I am running as an Independent candidate. I would rather go bankrupt than to be controlled like a puppet by a fat cat in Wall Street. I might not win as easily, but at least I will get to keep my dignity by the end of it. Our previous Presidents had little to no experience with the responsibility that comes with being the leader of the free world, their actions were controlled by the enterprises behind them. They served an ulterior motive, I serve this country. I have served it since Vietnam, I served it as a CIA director when we were fighting the Soviets, I served it as an Ambassador to Sweden when we wanted a peace between mutants and humans and I hope to serve it as the President of the United States".

"Thank you, and God bless the United States of America"

• Just a few things, the first one is this: You can't know that he is not who claims to be. Knightfalls included since most Knightfalls wouldn't even be born or be small children by the time that he faked his death. That includes "Hmm...he looks familiar". He has gone incredible lengths to hide who he is.
  • Shout out to @armistice for helping me out.
Avatar image for deactivated-6032280486b7d
deactivated-6032280486b7d

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Very interesting.

Erlking

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If the first thing a candidate mentions is that they have no ulterior motive, you can be damned sure they've got one lol

In all seriousness, this was really cool. Good luck!

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cheat:

He takes a Machiavellian position on ruling. He wants the U.S to go beyond horizons but he wants to be the one that gets it there. Not anyone else.

Avatar image for deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0
deactivated-5cd6e53f65ed0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war said:

He takes a Machiavellian position on ruling. He wants the U.S to go beyond horizons but he wants to be the one that gets it there. Not anyone else.

*Votes Knightfall
*Votes Knightfall

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikademus:

You said you were going to vote for Psy.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nikademus:

I'm not the one who responded to himself three times.

Maverick_6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tempting.

Though I support Tristyne, I am going to go for whoever has the best argument.

You are close.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Hound_of_War

@maverick_6 said:

Tempting.

Though I support Tristyne, I am going to go for whoever has the best argument.

You are close.

I'm going to destroy the political debate.

No Caption Provided

@nikademus

No Caption Provided

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

All my supporters dropping like flies.

Great post!

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By The Psyentist

@hound_of_war: >:( It's especially irritating because verbally, he seems quite similar to Jean's ideals. But he's a red, so... he's probably bad news. Grrrrrrr.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: I hate you!

But I'm excited to see what this guy does. I do love a "good" baddie.

Jean's an idealist to the core. One of the things I'd be interested to see if he was prez would be how he would change. Because idealism just isn't viable. Utilitarianism, pragmatism... though those are loathsome to him, they have a better chance of actually working. Ends justify the means as you say. What would he do for the sake of "goodness?"

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: As someone running as a fellow mutant, your guy could appear to be a possible ally. Would you be interested in interacting with PsyKnight's father? He'd be most curious as to your campaign.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_psyentist:

What do you have in mind? Can you give me a link to his profile too?

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hound_of_war: MisterQ. Just a chat between two mysterious men. Completely secret. Jacque isn't one for press concerning such matters. He wants to find out if Alexander could be a potential ally. He likes to hedge his bets, with his hands more or less in multiple campaigns.

Where might you guy spend his time? Q is pretty good about finding people and could probably do so if you have a location you'd prefer. Maybe you make a post somewhere, Q shows up for a discussion.

Hound_of_War

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers