• 164 results
Zeke_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Zeke_

The Pokémon world, a beautiful place, filled with joyous people, breathtaking adventures, astonishing mysteries and so much more. It's incredibly vast and colorful, inhabitated by amazing creatures known as Pokémon. These powerful, adorable little guys live harmoniously among the human world, many being treated as pets or friends by their trainers.

It's in this fictional world that our adventure will start...

Geography and Nature:

The Pokémon world looks and acts like the real world in terms of geography. Each have landforms, oceans of water, and temperatures to support life - meaning that the Pokémon world is about the same size and same distances from its sun as the real world.

Humans and nature in the Pokémon world are linked to each other, as many towns are built around the natural environment.People's links with the nature are strong and they never try to affect the natural environment, with the exception of some villainous teams. Some Pokémon such as Groudon and Kyogre can affect and shape nature causing unexplainable droughts, storms and earthquakes that can affect the continental plates.

Structure

The Pokémon world is split into several regions, Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, Orre, Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos among them. These regions are large landforms much like continents, which support a large political region. Off these regions are islands that are not part of any region. These islands are grouped together to create one small region, like the Orange Islands and the Sevii Islands. Though there are many similarities between them, there are some major differences between the regions, such as what legends there are waiting to be uncovered. Visitors from another region quickly realize that the visiting continent is far from their home, both in the way of the climate, and in the culture of the people there.

Climate

Most regions have different climates. Regions and islands like the Hoenn and the Orange Islands further south in the Pokémon world have a warmer climate than northerly regions, possibly due to an equator, much like on Earth. It gets so hot in Hoenn that there is a desert with a raging sandstorm. Meanwhile, the Sinnoh region is cooler than other regions, and becoming colder due to climate change in the region. It is snowing constantly in the northern area of the region. Some Pokémon such as Groudon, Kyogre and Rayquaza can affect climate and weather.

Environment

The natural environment in the Pokémon world is much similar to the real Earth's environment. Areas with a high density of trees make up forests, landscapes that receive very little precipitation create deserts, while loose broken-up particles of rock make large coastal beaches attracting people and Pokémon alike. The Hoenn and the Sinnoh regions boast many dramatic environments ranging from rainforests to deserts.

The Pokémon world is mainly green and lush, based on factors such as plant structures including trees, shrubs, and grasses. Grass is usually uncontrolled and makes tall grass patches that form prime habitats for wild Pokémon.

The largest mountain range is Mt. Coronet, which stretches from the top to the bottom of Sinnoh, splitting the whole region in two. Man-made and natural occurrences form caves in the mountainsides that are able to be explored or passed through to get to other cities. Many natural phenomenons appear in the Pokémon world such as snowing ash that covers the area is caused by the nearby volcano that smokes and rains down on the area.

Interesting locations:

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Full world overview and notes:

No Caption Provided

• You don't necessarily need to be at one of the locations linked before, just research a bit and you can start anywhere you want.
  • Go to the links to see important locations and people (gym leaders, Elite Four and such).
  • There's no such thing as recent Pokémon only existing in the most recent games areas. They can be anywhere, but just mind their habitats. No Ice-types on an active volcano and no Grass-types in a desert (unless they are MEANT to be there or you work on some backstory for them being there).
  • Starters aren't rare to find on nature either. Again, it's all a matter of minding what should be their habitats.

Legendary and Mythical Pokémon:

• Legendary Birds (Articuno, Zapdos and Moltres):
No Caption Provided

• Mew Duo (Mew and Mewtwo):
No Caption Provided

• Legendary Beasts (Entei, Raikou and Suicune):
No Caption Provided

• Tower Duo (Ho-Oh and Lugia):
No Caption Provided

• Celebi:
No Caption Provided

• Legendary Golems (Regice, Regirock and Registeel):
No Caption Provided

• Eon Duo (Latios and Latias):
No Caption Provided

• Weather Trio (Groundon, Kyogre and Rayquaza):
No Caption Provided

• Jirachi:
No Caption Provided

• Deoxys:
No Caption Provided

• Lake Guardians (Azelf, Mesprit Uxie):
No Caption Provided

• Creation Trio (Dialga, Palkia and Giratina):
No Caption Provided

• Lunar Duo (Cresselia and Darkrai):
No Caption Provided

• Sea Guardians (Manaphy and Phione):
No Caption Provided

• Heatran:
No Caption Provided

• Regigigas:
No Caption Provided

• Shaymin:
No Caption Provided

• Arceus:
No Caption Provided

• Victini:
No Caption Provided

• Swords of Justice (Cobalion, Terrakion, Virizon and Keldeo):
No Caption Provided

• Forces of Nature (Tornadus, Thundurus and Landurus):
No Caption Provided

• Tao Trio (Zekrom, Reshiram and Kyurem):
No Caption Provided

• Meloetta:
No Caption Provided

• Genesect:
No Caption Provided

• Mortality Duo (Xerneas and Yveltal):
No Caption Provided

• Zygarde:
No Caption Provided

• Diancie:
No Caption Provided

• Hoopa:

No Caption Provided

• Volcanion:
No Caption Provided

Teams and Factions:

Villainous:

Heroic:

Rules and stuffz:

• Original rules still apply (selling, god-modding and whatnot).
  • Please, start off a moderate trainer. You can be a rookie or a seasoned vet, but remember it's not fun if you can one-shot everyone in a battle.
  • You can have more than 6 Pokemon, however 6 is the max number you can carry. A storage system like the in-game's PC system is disponibilized freely to all trainers.
  • No Legendaries or Mythicals allowed. @_avatar_ and I are working on a way to make it possible to capture a couple of them, but most likely not definitively nor easily. It will take a while and have a limitation of time and Pokémon able to be captured (like, let's say, no more than five per adventure).
  • Leveling: I really don't want to create a system for your levels, guys. So please, pleeeeeease understand that your Pokémon will evolve and grow as you train and battle with it, it's a sluggish process, not some quick change.
  • Battling: It follows the pattern of RPG battles. Your Pokemon can learn more than four moves, although it must his moves must be listed on the Bio. Also, please, research the moves your Pokemon can learn before giving him moves that aren't part of the moveset. Also keep in mind you can use moves learnt by TMs and HMs, as long as your Pokemon can learn them!
  • Character creation: Be free to innovate, as long as it doesn't modify the background already established by the setting, I'm okay with it. So no bossing factions and such, although you can be a member of those or a gym leader that quit. If you want to do someone big or play an existent character, please, PMme.
  • Anything I forgot? PM me or tag me here, I'll edit it in as soon as I can!
Alpha_Dog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not a Pokeman, myself, but variety is the spice o' life. Good luck!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By _Drake

@orpheus_knightfall: You have NO idea how tiring that was lmao

Buuuuut a good OP is the way to build hype =P

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So as far as looks... What, like people from the show or something?

Asking because I wanted to use Volkner as a look, but if gym leaders are legit people in here... Don't want to use a look that an NPC owns.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: Search around for looks. Artwork and the anime characters (Brock, for instance, is slightly different in the games).

There also are some Trainer Creators I found on the net today. Hope that helps =)

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@orpheus_knightfall: I know. But the starters can be found naturally too (not on the game). I'm working with that on the RPG.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: apparently Kanto's Starter's can be found in the grasses that surround Pallet Town, but that fence stops you from getting to them

Also, I want to play a trainer who grew up in the destroyed and desolate land of Orre but has since moved to Johto, anyone wanna RP with me there? He'll be a rather controlled, calculating fellow who battles like a chess match.

His Pokemon when he starts include a Vibrava, an Ponyta, and a Crobat

and a question, how are random encounters handled? and battles against NPCs. I mean, if leveling our pokemon is intended to be gradual like in the game itself, then we must have a large amount of enemies to battle against. And we can't really just go about controlling our opponents, because then it just gets boring because there's really no challenge

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: I'm okay with that idea.

Ask around. NPCs battles can happen two ways: You ask another player to play an enemy/rival or you REALLY write alone with all the proper selling and whatnot.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn, this is sweet.

Good work Drake!

Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A'ight, this lightning/fighting combo is gonna be sickkkkk.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

User Lists: 4

#16  Edited By shanana

Goes to create a character

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know, a real life version of the poke world would be like a hell. Can't take a walk without being attacked by wild, angry animals. Can't have down time when your a trainer, you gotta get your animals abused when someone else wants to. Can't just go to a gym to train, you gotta solve a puzzle, get thrown around by treadmills, and bump into sh!t in the dark, then immediately fight the owner of the gym instead of paying him for a lesson or two.

And moms give you shoes then kick you out at 12

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage: Professor 'sends' ya there. No dad, only a mother. It's a bit suspicious, if you catch my drift.

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: The Professors have got an Ashley Madison monopoly going on.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage: Also, take into consideration how the economy works. Sure Health Care is free, but since the entire society is built around who has the stronger pokemon, trainers constantly have to battle each other. And since every has to give up money when they loose to a Gym Leader, that money goes straight to the Pokemon League, which likely then goes to the Health Care that's so free. Not to mention the PokeMart, which seems to run like a monopoly. There's no laws that seem to serve to disband Monopolies in this land. Sure we have restraunts and Bike Shops still managing to stay afloat, but these businesses can't even stay active in more than one city. There's like 1 bike shop per country, and restraunts? Try finding one that's actually INSIDE a city's boarders. On Sinnoh the Moo Moo Cafe is in the middle of the woods for christ sake.

Not to mention that all children are pushed out at the age of 11-12 to begin their own pokemon journey as a right of passage into adulthood, and, then what? We see so few adults who remain in society. Children wander for so long when they're young that they can't find any semblance of a home anymore. Everyone just becomes a Hobo, wandering the land in hopes of finding someone to battle.

Some trainers become good enough to open a Gym, which then draws people to them, which results in a few settling down by the Gym to study under them, and then the Pokemon League sets up a Pokemon Center to help after you've been officially recognized as a Gym Leader where your funds then go to them.

Eventually other businesses get formed, typically by said Gym Leaders. Like a Rock Gym Leader managing a construction company, or an Electric Gym Leader using her presence to fund a Fashion industry where she lives.

the entire Pokemon world is crazy

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

*sees people discussing quality of life in the Pokemon world*

*blinks*

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Prof_WIllow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hi!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Yo-ho-... all that jazz, Drake! :P

Prof_WIllow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Look at me! I'm using a real life look! Is that OK?

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Well that's fitting, seeing as my character is going to ride around in a ship with his own crew as his gym :S

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage: don't take me the wrong way, i absolutely love pokemon, but think about another factor. the only semblence of an organized society with the most population is in fact those "Teams". you can't count the hobo trainers as they just care about battling for the most part.

so, we have the Pokemon League, a world power dedicated to controlling the entire world by means of child indoctrination and a universal healthcare, and on the other side, we have hundreds of rebel organizations trying to destroy this system, by organizing trainers under a single identity and removing the very commodity that gives the Pokemon League it's power: Pokemon.

Team Rocket steals pokemon from trainers, trainers without pokemon cannot battle, if trainers can't battle the economy falters, if the economy falters the league crumbles, and then true order is brought to this world

_Nox_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

So Team Rocket are the good guys.....I'm okay with that.

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#38 Feral Nova  Moderator

I really wish my James account worked right about now... THEN I COULD CRUMBLE THE WORLDS ECONOMY BY STEALING ONE PIKACHU AT A TIME!!

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: haha! Damn that's deep. You could make a few dollars off of an article on that.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Adam_Savage

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: Cracked pays a hundred for stuff like that, you just need to throw some comedy in there to lighten it up. basically just write up a funny rant on the reality of the poke world and you'll more likely than not end up with a c-note.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@adam_savage: I effectly just said everything I had in my mind, though I guess I could add a few stuff like the regulation of transportation by making Bikes cost a million dollars and only being sold in one village in a region.

Or I could discuss the effect of forcing children to go off on these "rights of passage" and compare it to the effect of indoctrinating child soldiers.

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I might write something up soon.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By _Drake

@_brook_: I'll get to writing either later today or tomorrow.

Trying to come up with a team.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, wait, how are we doing this? Like, does anyone wanna RP with me? like a buddy-cop thing?

_Brook_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathbymanga: We are creating characters and doing our thing, that's how we are doing this lol.

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

I would do it, but I'd no-sell everything.

Nothing gets past Aron.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers