Pokémon CV - Interest check

• 66 results
_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Poll Pokémon CV - Interest check (17 votes)

I'd participate :D 59%
Nah, got better things to do ¬_¬ 24%
Not interested now, but I might change my mind <________> 18%

Exactly what it sounds like. Gonna put up an RPG based on the Poké world. Gym leaders, Teams Magma/Aqua/Rocket/the rest of those that I totally remember, all the 700 and whatever Pokémons in an open world. Yeah, it sounds like Skyrim decided to become more childish and also allowed you to capture its monsters. Been thinking about making it this week, but first I gotta plan a setting and check for interest.

If there's at least three or four people wanting to participate, that's enough for me. Gosh, even one lmao

• 
Avatar image for joey_destroyer_of_worlds
Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have a character that would really use them ATM, but that could change...

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: I'm pretty sure this isn't meant to be part of the CVnU dude, lol, so I'd imagine you'd have to make a character regardless. Not like it would require that much effort to create a Pokemon Trainer. Just pick a look, pick matching Pokemon and go wild.

Totally up for this.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_ said:

@joey_destroyer_of_worlds: I'm pretty sure this isn't meant to be part of the CVnU dude, lol, so I'd imagine you'd have to make a character regardless. Not like it would require that much effort to create a Pokemon Trainer. Just pick a look, pick matching Pokemon and go wild.

Totally up for this.

True.

In that case, yeah, I'd be down.

Yasmin_Aiza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yessss

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And the Pokemon Queen enters the arena lol.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can I have 6 Charizards? >______>

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Sure, just pray you never go up against a strong water type lol.

Joey_Destroyer_of_Worlds

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake said:

Can I have 6 Charizards? >______>

*gets 6 Blastoises*

Try me, brah.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I already have an idea for the character, wanna be a gym leader!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: @joey_destroyer_of_worlds: You two need to comprehend the power of Charizard's Flamethrower.

That sh*t burns fire itself =P

Nah, really, I'mma have a Charizard, but I'll have to work on the rest of my team lol

Almost wanted to be the Fire-type gym leader. >_>

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Below0Gaming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Below0Gaming

are legendarys off limits.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

are legendarys off limits.

I'm not sure what Drake thinks, but I vote for them to be off limits at start. I want them to have to be caught, after a long adventure and a spectacular battle.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By _Drake

@_avatar_: I think they should be off limits too. There's only one and they have extraordinary powers.

I vote for us to catch one or two, not all. Otherwise it'd get monotonous af.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I've never been interested in Pokemon, but I hope this goes well!

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: There should be, like, a legendary trainer or something. He would have a legendary and he was going all rogue on us, then we catch the opposing legendary and do our sh*t.

In the end we'd release both and be like 'Yeah, I just fought a battle with Time Manipulating bastards... What. The. F*ck...' Lmao

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@percival: HERETIC! QUICKLY, CHARIZARD, BREATHE FIRE ON THIS ABOMINATION!

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: A former member of the elite four who turns to the dark side of the Poke-Force :S

Percival

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake: Get your nose out of those stupid mangoes, or whatever they're called!

READ A COMIC BOOK!

Feral Nova

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#22 Feral Nova  Moderator

I really hopes this goes well! good luck!!!!

Avatar image for leonardo_liafador
Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pokemon are already canon in the Cvnu

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Elaborate, how so? Regardless, I introduced them and don't plan on taking them out

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: Why would anyone go through the trouble of using Pokemon in the main universe when characters are fully capable of using cooler powers on their own? They just don't fit the theme of a comic book universe.

Regardless of what you did or plan on doing, I feel much more interested in a Pokemon RP that takes place in the Pokemon Universe.

Avatar image for tassiana_pettis
Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Pokemon are already canon in the Cvnu

THEY ARE!? >____> CAN TASSI GET ONE?!

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: I did not introduce pkm into the Cvnu with the intent of someone making a pokemon character, I personally figured people would give their own characters them.

Well that's a silly statement to make, that equates to someone saying you shouldn't use an anime charcter look here becauset doesn't "fit within a comic book universe."

But i digress, it's your opinion whether or not i disagree.

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: I know but I didn't know if they were like... really being brought over or not since I didn't see anything come out of it >.<

AWWWW TEN!? COME ON!!! TASSI CAN TOTALLY HANDLE A POKEMON!! I demand one for her 1st birthday :P

finefinefine... can Zeon have one? >:D

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: .... Did you even read my comment? I asked why anyone would ever use a Pokemon when they aren't that strong or useful compared to technology, superpowers, and plain old guns. It would be silly trying to train one of them when the pay off isn't worth it.

No, that is nothing like what I meant. Once again, did you even read my comment? What I meant by them not fitting in is that they are completely out of place in the CVnU; not by how they look, but because of their very concept. They have no place existing on a normal Earth, meaning that if someone does catch one for whatever reason they'll have no legitimate way of training it, and even if they did train it the Pokemon wouldn't be very spectacular as any number of superheroes could mimick their abilities at a greater capacity. Not to mention Pokemon are canon as a video game, manga, anime, and franchise in the CVnU...

Pokemon can't just be thrown into any random universe, they are a huge and specific thing that needs a world built specifically around them, or else the magical and whimsy disappear.

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tassania_pettis: Of course she can, they're all around the world , >:D

@_avatar_: Lol i personally care not if you don't want them here, they are. That is all. That is it. There was no specific reason other than the cvnu having animald equal to the character's in powerlevel.

Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS!! omg, I have to start thinking about what Pokemon would go with her, omg... I'm kinda really excited because I wanted her to have like a bad@ss pet she trained to go into battle with her but this is a billion times better. How do I go about getting her one!? and shhhh don't tell Sha... she'll end up taking every Legendary Pokemon >____> :P

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: I don't have to acknowledge it as canon if I don't want to, you didn't get this approved by anyone and it's not being mentioned by anyone except yourself. Do whatever you want with your own writing, I could care less, but as far as I'm concerned the only super animals I see are from Jurassic Park or the Veiled Forest.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If we want Pokemon, do what everyone's doing right now and make a separate universe for them.

Or - hey Glacier, remember that universe we were making together? Just make a Pokemon planet for that :P

Otherwise we have to change everything from history to the ecology of the CVnU considering hey, Pokemon need to eat and some of them are rather small and helpless by themselves and other animals need to eat too.

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tassania_pettis: As long as you don't give her a mudkip &amp;gt;·&amp;gt;

@_avatar_: LOL I don't need permission due to hoe i put them in and i...frankly don't care about whether you acknowledge because it frankly, doesn't matter and has effect or whether or not they actually are or not.

Warsman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That and there is literally a Pokemon version of God, so yeah. Good luck with that.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@leonardo_liafador: Do whatever you want, man. I'll stick to actual Pokemon themed RPs, with Gym Leaders and Team Rocket. You can do you're thing, whatever that thing is.

Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Dude no need to be rude about it. If you think something should have been approvedbefore hand and it's really bugging you for whatever reason, PM Mercy or Imperio. Simple solution.

Ezekiel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Seriously though, let's all take a breather here.

Vocal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't think it's that big of a deal. We've had various mythological creatures and bio constructed monsters, pretty sure we've had some zombies list goes on. Why not have electric rats to. Sure it might lose some of it's natural charm but adapting is one of the best qualties to cv. Regaurdless of what's going down cv can coexist with almost anything

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tassania_pettis: I don't think it needs to be approved, assuming he's introduced it in a way that isn't intrusive. I just think the whole thing is silly and I'm open about my opinions, Pokemon is a subject that is hard to place in a world of a completely different theme. There aren't any gyms and, if he's not being intrusive, there aren't any random trainers or many wild Pokemon to train against or catch. That leaves me scratching my head and wondering what the point of the Pokemon are without those key concepts.

Leonardo_Liafador

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Those things will be expanded upon in my next post with flashfire

Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_: Of course you are allowed to have your own opinion, I never said you weren't lol I'm just saying there is no reason to be rude to him. That's all.

and you're the one who said

you didn't get this approved by anyone

That's why I assumed you felt it needed to be approved.

I don't think he's being intrusive at all. In fact, I personally think it would be great for character's who have no powers. Maybe he can limit to them being distributed to people with no powers to people with every low power settings that way when they have to fight someone on the level like... Thee Champion or something they'll actually have a better chance.

Maybe this will catch on, maybe it wont. If it does, good for him! He just did something no one had tried in the eight years I've been here! If it doesn't, oh well, at least he tried to get something out there.

deathbymanga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: Anime logic or Video Game logic regarding the effects of Pokemon. Like, can you do weird, out of the box stuff like what Ash does now and then?

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By _Avatar_

@leonardo_liafador: If you say so. I'd suggest a Jurassic World-styled private reserve.

@tassania_pettis: I'm being skeptical of the idea, it wasn't my intention to come off as rude.

The reason I said that was to establish that what he was doing did not affect the CVnU world as a whole and Pokemon weren't roaming the Earth like normal animals or anything, and therefore I didn't have to acknowledge it as some big canon thing like Gothic City being a No-Man's-Land.

What powerless character would use a Pokemon o_O most powerless characters are gritty assassins or mercenaries. Imagining someone like Average Man or Cain throwing a Pokeball and yelling "I choose you!" is the silliest thing ever.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Question: Anime logic or Video Game logic regarding the effects of Pokemon. Like, can you do weird, out of the box stuff like what Ash does now and then?

If this RP comes to fruition, I'd say it's Anime Logic.

Tassiana_Pettis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_avatar_:

Oh no, they weren't just "ta-da Pokemon have been here the entire time!" I believe they were introduced to the CVnU as aliens. I'm not too sure what planet they came from or why they chose Earth but I'm sure Flashfire/Leon is going to elaborate on this if he see's that there are adequate amount of people interested in the idea and it takes off.

and I'm sure they won't have to say "<insert pokemon name> I choose you!" xD doesn't have to be exactly like the anime from pokemon. In fact, the manga pokemon was kinda gruesome >_> I think it would be cool if they do take off, we write them like the manga. Pokemon actually die in those, there is not just 'fainting', they actually can get killed off. Or we can change it a little bit if we want to. I think Zeon (who was raised as an assassin) would be epic with a pokemon standing by her side tbh lol.

Solarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tassania_pettis:

Sudden image of Zeon shouting "Temporal Hound, I choose you!" and throwing a pokeball.

_Avatar_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@tassania_pettis: K.

I recall the Manga being gruesome, with Haunters taking over the dead bodies of Psyducks and Arboks being slashed in half. But I like Pokemon for training and adventure in the traditional cutsie fashion, I don't want to write how my Charizard burns a man alive >.>

Which I why I'd prefer if we can stop derailing this thread right here.