Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#1  Edited By Last_Guardian

Yesterday...

The sun hid behind the clouds and gave the whole world a very gloomy feel.  Jacob Greentree sat on a bench alone in the almost deslate park and looked down at the pokeballs in his hand.  Arcanine, Venusaur, Marowak.  This was his holy triumvirate; the first three pokemon he had ever caught.  He loved them, had been through a lot with them, he had shared glorious victories and even more glorious defeats with them, but right now, at this very moment, he was about to release them back into the wild.  As he stood up, ready to deploy them and face an emotional avalanche brought on by their familiar and loyal faces, he was interrupted by a voice in the distance that was steadily getting louder. 

"Jacob! Jaaaaacob!"

It was his best friend Kira Newton.  "Hey Jacob! I have great new!," Kira said, trying to regain her breath.  The mail just came and you got this.  I ran here as fast as possible to show you. 

Jacob reached and took a colorful flyer from Kira's hand, examining it for a brief moment.  It read, "Jacob Greentree, you are cordially invited to join the Pokemon Battle Tournament being held in the Violet City Municipal Pokemon Stadium.  Standard pokemon battle rules apply."

The young man looked down at the three pokeballs in his hand and put them back in his pouch.  He raised his eyes back at Kira and said with a smile, "I guess we're heading to Violet City then."

Now...

Jacob arrived at the beautiful state-of-the-art stadium an hour later then he was supposed to.  Upon arriving, various event organizers blitzed him and berated him with frantic directions and orders.  He didn't need to hear a word they said, for he knew what he had to do.  The battlefield was already set up, a typical grass surface battlefield with medium-height blades of grass.  The crowd was already restless in there seats.  Many had come just to see the great Jacob Greentree and his pokemon perform.  As Jacob walked into the sun-filled battle-field he was greeted by the rowdy cheers of ten thousand euphoric fans.  He walked to his position at the end of the grassy plain and shot a smile at his prospective opponent.  As he spoke, the crowd fell silent in respect for the legendary trainer.  His confident voice could be heard resonating all over the stadium and would undoubtedly reach the ears of his opponent.  "My name is Jacob Greentree and I hail from Pallet Town.  I'm truly sorry I'm late and I will try and make that up to you by giving you the best battle you've ever had in your life.  I hope we can both have fun today and I hope our pokemon fight with honor and courage." Jacob reached into his pouch and shuffled though his pokeballs.  They were all normal pokeballs, no masterballs, no heavyballs, just pokeballs, but still he knew which was which.  He had been through so much with this group that when he touched each of the balls he..just knew.  He shuffled for a second and then stopped, his face occupied by a still-growing smile.  The young man pulled out a pokeball, brought it to his lips and kissed it.  Silence again filled the stadium as he readied the ball.  With a hearty grunt he threw the ball onto the field, and exclaimed with pride and joy,

"NOVA...GO!"

Nova, Arcanine: Body Slam, Skull Bash, Dragon Rage, Overheat
 Nova, Arcanine: Body Slam, Skull Bash, Dragon Rage, Overheat
Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#2  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Yesterday

Icarus walked along the road, carefully avoiding the tall grass. Clementine, the Green Lantern guinea pig, was perched on her shoulder, chewing on Icarus' Pokédex. Clementine was angry that she did not classify as a Pokémon, and that there wasn't even a guinea pig Pokémon. Rat, mole, shrew, mouse, yes, but no guinea pig. So Clementine took out her rage on Icarus' Pokédex, nomming it mercilessly. Icarus didn't really mind. The Pokédex could handle it, and Clementine was just so darn cute. Icarus scritched her behind the ears and Clementine purred, leaving a trail of drool on the Pokédex. That Clementine…

Icarus stopped, and looked at the tall grass. She should probably enter it now, there was an item over there. Just please don't let there be level 2 Pidgeys, Icarus was NOT in the mood to deal with level 2 Pidgeys. Icarus took a deep breath and stepped into the grass, which went up to her knees. Clementine dropped the Pokédex, and began eying the tasty foliage. Then she squeaked loudly, and Icarus stopped short. There was a trainer lying unconscious in the grass! Icarus bent over, planning to take some of their prize money…it was well known that Pokémon stole money whenever one 'whited out', so no one would ever know. At that moment, the trainer sat up. "NO! GET BACK! THE SUICUNE IS NEARBY!" Icarus laughed. Suicune? "What did you do, use 'mean look' or something?" As a roaming Pokémon, Suicune wasn't the attacking point. The trainer's embarrassed face said it all. Probably used a fire-starter Pokémon with mean look. Typical. "I'm a failure as a trainer! Here, take this…you can use it better than I can." Ooh, was it an HM?! No…just an invitation to a battle tourney. Meh. Oh well…better that than fighting a bajillion level 2 Pidgeys. Might as well go. "CLEMENTINE, USE FLY!" Icarus shouted. The guinea pig briefly looked up from the patch of grass she was nomming, then went back to her feast. A KOed Pidgey and Rattata lay nearby. Icarus sighed. "Fine…ITHAQUA, USE FLY!" Ithaqua the Flygon scooped Icarus up, and they headed towards Violet City, Clementine following behind.

Now

Icarus stood at the far end of the battlefield, Clementine once more sitting on her shoulder. It had been a little hard getting the guinea pig into the stadium, as she was technically not a Pokémon. Clementine wasn't allowed to battle, but she was certainly allowed to sit there looking cute. Clementine filled Icarus' 'cuteness quota' allowing her to use freakin' monsters to beat the snot out of everyone else's Skittys and Pichus. At the other side of the stadium stood a man. " My name is Jacob Greentree and I hail from Pallet Town.  I'm truly sorry I'm late and I will try and make that up to you by giving you the best battle you've ever had in your life.  I hope we can both have fun today and I hope our pokemon fight with honor and courage" Wait a minute…that wasn't the standard "I AM A FISHERMAN AND I REALLY LIKE FISHING' speech…this might be…a REAL PERSON! Icarus gasped. This would be novel! "And I'm Icarus! I have no idea how I got here, but it's fun and I like deus ex machina plot devices! And Pokémon" She took a Pokéball from her pocket, striking an overly dramatic pose. "LET'S DROWN THE COMPETITION….GO DAGON!"

Dagon, Swampert: Muddy Water, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Dive
 Dagon, Swampert: Muddy Water, Earthquake, Ice Beam, Dive

Last_Guardian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 3

#3  Edited By Last_Guardian

Jacob chuckled as his opponent seemed a little surprised and flustered. "What a noob," he thought as he then noticed the strange creature on the opponent's shoulder.  "What the hell is that," he thought to himself, some kind of pokemon I've never heard of before? It must be mine!

"And I'm Icarus! I have no idea how I got here, but it's fun and I like deus ex machina plot devices! And Pokémon   

The young man took out a pokeball and deployed his first weapon.  It was a Swampert.  Jacob wasn't a rookie, he fully expected the opponent to send out a water type to counter his fire type.  But he was about to show this guy that Nova the Arcanine wasn't some run-of-the-mill fire pokemon.

Jacob smirked and tried to make direct eye contact with Icarus as he spoke as loudly as he could.  "Let's make this a little more interesting, Icarus.  That thing on your shoulder.  If I win, I get it.  If you win..." Jacob opens his jacket and shows the shiny badges underneath.  He has every single one of them, these badges cost a fortune, and even more prestige.  "If you win, you get aaall these.  All of them.  They will allow you entry into any tournament you wish and untold amounts of respect." He waited for Icarus' answer and then suddenly struck a dramatic pose.

NOVA! If you win this for me you can have all the cookies you want! Let's grind that Swampert into a fine powder! Go..use Body Slam!

Nova immediately perked up and barked before running at an incredible speed towards Swampert and then jumping high into the air.  The crowd roared in approval as the action finally got underway.  If Swampert didn't move quickly, Nova would slam directly unto the poor pokemon and cause lots of physical damage. 

"Let's get it started..."

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Swampert burst onto the stadium like a blue, amphibious beast of pure AWESOME. It didn't matter how many generations of Pokémon there were…Icarus NEEDED A SWAMPERT. ALWAYS. If getting a Mudkip involved knocking out a Pokémon professor and stealing their starter Pokémon, so be it! By the time they got their nooby ten year olds all trained up Icarus had a level 80 Swampert and was nigh unstoppable. That and she was careful to save before all battles. No point in losing because something knew sand-attack and double-team and had 600 HP, and was ALSO F*^*ing GHOST-DRAGON TYPE JUST TO MAKE ICARUS' LIFE MISERABLE. Icarus wondered where she could get a ghost-dragon type. She would name it Renfield, and it would be awesome. 
Let's make this a little more interesting, Icarus.  That thing on your shoulder.  If I win, I get it.  If you win…" He opened his jacket, making Icarus think about black-market sunglasses salesman…they did sell sunglasses, right? But this guy had badges…lots of them, and they were all shiny. None of those tarnished Sinnoh badges. " If you win, you get aaall these.  All of them.  They will allow you entry into any tournament you wish and untold amounts of respect" Icarus thought about her current badges. Like most of her possessions they were currently being used as guinea pig chewtoys. 

Oh, wait a minute…what was that bit about the 'thing on your shoulder'? He couldn't mean…CLEMENTINE?! D@MN IT! Icarus had been too busy trying to skip dialogue to actually pay attention to what she had just agreed to. Ugh, and she hadn't saved in a while, it would be TORTURE to restart from here. She could always cheat later. And Clementine (who knew full well what was going on, and felt smug that she was being fought over) would just fly back to Icarus at the first sign of trouble. Clementine meant more to Icarus than almost everything else in the world, and basically everyone knew it. Of course, while Icarus did cheat, she wasn't TOTALLY dishonest…if she won she wouldn't take the guys gym badges. She might poke them with a stylus for a bit in an attempt to emulate the Legend of Zelda theme song, but she wouldn't keep the badges.

Well, it was time for the battle to begin…" NOVA! If you win this for me you can have all the cookies you want! Let's grind that Swampert into a fine powder! Go..use Body Slam! " Ugh…Arcanines were fast. Swamperts were not. It was a tradeoff. Icarus knew that Dagon would be able to take a hit, she just prayed that paralysis wouldn't set in. 

Arcanine slammed into Dagon knocking the Swampert back several yards. Icarus held her breath…and there was no lightning flicker of paralysis. Swampert would be able to counter-attack. "Okay Dagon, just shake it off! YOU ARE A ^%$#ING SWAMPERT, YOU EAT ARCANINES FOR BREAKFAST. And mud, or whatever. I don't actually know what you eat. BUT IF YOU KO THIS ARCANINE I WILL GIVE YOU SO MANY NICE POTIONS LATER THAT IT WOULD MAKE YOU FAIL A DRUG TEST. Now then…MUDDY WATER! " Swampert reared up on its back legs, and a wave of murky water came out of NOWHERE to cover the stadium. That was basically Swampert's signature move.

[Icarus' estimate of Swampert's remaining HP: ~½-⅓. Stats unchanged]