Avatar image for velaaru_of_illea
Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Velaaru_of_Illea

From time to time, the alien Vel'aaru could seem like just a little bit of a dork.

This was one of those times. The illian teen had spent the last few weeks in recovery at one of Lady Liberty's hideouts, but that time had finally come to a close. Now, she scrambled around the little pad, creating things and mumbling to herself excitedly, reminding herself of past lessons.

"All matter is a form of energy... all creations, even complex ones, are simply arranged energy sequences and each sequence can be deciphered by simple algorithms..." she chattered, then hissed as a little spark shot out of her current contraption, burning her thumb. "Zalac! Well, maybe not all of them are all that simple," she grumbled to herself. Before her lay a large machine made of scrap parts and held together by small arcs of energy. In its completed form, it resembled a gigantic, hovering cog held together from various different smaller and more ludicrous mechanisms.

"Aaand..." she hesitated, clicking one last part into place and using a miniature Void field to "insert" the piece into another. A spark flew, and the entire machine began to slowly rotate. "...Done! Now I can just use these to calculate algorithms and insert sequence requests and I should be able to...."

She went to work again, using her mysterious "Cosmic Occultism" to insert requests. The machine would hum, energy waves would swell and coalesce, and the machine would create new machines and gadgets out of seemingly nothing. Vel started by reacquiring her handheld, then her fleshwarper, then her zarah'daz, each taking about an hour to fully request and create. Then, however, the illian girl fell back onto the bed, huffing. "Not enough power. I need more energy to create more..." she murmured to herself. It was obvious -- even her zarah'daz had come out a little on the funny side and looked like it could malfunction at any moment. The air itself had been thinned from the energy drained from it, and individual ions had become "wild" from the strain, creating little fluxes and sparks in the terran atmosphere.

"I need my ship," she grumbled, shaking her head and then finally raising her handheld to her mouth, entering a simple coordinate to hack past Anthony Stark's firewalls and tap into his personal communications system.

"President Stark of D082. I am prepared for ambassadorial negotiations."

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Anthony_Stark
@velaaru_of_illea said:

@lady_liberty: @joygirl@strigidae_23: (No idea if we're actually writing, but no harm in throwing out a post :P)

The President sat in his office, swiveling on his chair as boredom had finally won the battle. Gothic had been attacked, the Bull was taking over, or at least, trying to take over random states. He could send the military in, but first, could the heroes stop the Bull without his aid? At least Owen had been drafted in, if that done a thing.

(Sir: Primary firewall breached, secondary firewall has been attacked, yet all incoming traffic blocked)Stark shrugged, switching off the TV as he rolled his eyes at the Avalon CEO's admittance of being a hero, "Well wasn't that obvious?" He squinted, having personally made that theory about Antonia since having captured her, and realized she was a little more...Capable, than the average woman.

His eyes caught sight of Kelly, "Of course, two ex-cons" Tapping his head as Horizon allowed the transmission through, he raised an eyebrow and stood as the message spoke -President Stark of D082. I am prepared for ambassadorial negotiations- "Horizon, prep the suit. Send a message to the alien, tell her that the station has been ready for the past month" Walking out if his office, the President went to arrange a few personal matters whilst he was away in the station.

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By lady_liberty

@anthony_stark: @velaaru_of_illea:

The veteran heroine was away from Avalon for a few days. She could not maintain her network of connections and safehouses from an office in LA. A secret base was not very secret if the plummer, roofer and painter stopped by monthly. That was a villain ambush waiting to happen.

She had just finished patching a leak in the roof and replacing some drywall that had been damaged by some hard training. Liberty chuckled as she removed her dirty gloves; most people probably imagined a lot more glamour when they thought about the heroic life. But hideouts needed repairs, costumes needed patching, tools needed replacing and supplies needed restocking.

A lot of people thought life magically changed when they put on a mask. Liberty felt that was why the heroic turnover rate was so high; just because someone had a power didn't mean heroism was a fulfilling life.

Unaware of Vel and Stark's contact she poured herself a glass of milk and set down at the beat up dining table, flipping through a local newspaper.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: @anthony_stark:

When Stark's electronic relay came back through, Vel'aaru nodded to herself, folding her arms. Then it was merely a matter of getting Kelly, which shouldn't be too much of an issue.

She held the comm line with Stark open, sending in one more message: "I'll be there in an hour."

The alien then used her handheld to open a little holomap, tracing an energy signature that she was familiar with -- one she had tracked before. Lady Liberty. It didn't take as long this time, and she managed to zoom the map onto Kelly's approximate location, scanning her little domicile for electronics, finding only a few. It ended up being the radio she hacked into, which sputtered and activated.

"Liberty? Is this thing on? Liiiiib? If you can hear me, it's Vel, I'm coming over!"

And with that, the illian schoolgirl wrapped the Void around herself and closed it shut, folding space and teleporting herself underneath Kelly's bed. The startled alien lurched upward, bumping her head before falling flat again. "Nyeh."

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@lady_liberty: @velaaru_of_illea:

No Caption Provided

Stark's personal space station, named The Voyager in recognition, and dedication of the old Voyager program started all the way back in 1977. Anthony had been just a boy when the program had started, his father, had been part of the team which started it. Smiling, the President of the United Stated had always enjoyed the serenity of deep space. No bad guys to ruin his day, no politicians to make him hate humanity, and no Brahma Bull to make him waste time with stupid affairs. He restfully sighed, leaning back in one of the many chairs in the designated conference room, tapping his temple, he spoke. "Horizon, do you think Santi is surprised Antonia is a hero?" He inquired, having once gone to school with Santi, at least, in his own "reality", but the other Stark, the one killed by Shiho, had been part of an Illuminati type group, Santi, Stark, and Xenon, all three of them had helped develop each others technology. "I wish I knew more about him...About the Stark who died, the one before me" Opening a picture of the "other" Stark of this universe, the Mechanical Maestro leaned in and touched the screen, "I wonder what type of man he really was"...

Nordok

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Nordok  Moderator

@velaaru_of_illea: [Obviously my invitation got lost in the mail. I'll get my things together and be there shortly.]

;)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@anthony_stark: @velaaru_of_illea:

Liberty blinked in surprise as the radio squawked to life. She set the newspaper down with a smile and leaned her chair back onto its back legs before she heard the 'thump'. Her echolocation flared; the 'whump' of an solid object suddenly appearing on sonar. She arched a brow, recognizing Vel's form. Chuckling she drank the last of her milk and then went to lift the bed off of Vel.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Hey, ley'lanak," the alien girl rolled onto her back and pushed herself up, smiling brightly when she saw the blonde woman. She rolled up onto her two-pronged feet and lifted herself up again, giving the taller woman a quick hug. "I got better! Thanks for letting me use your pad for a little while, I managed to scrounge some of my old stuff back and the president-guy says that the space thing's already good to go."

Vel'aaru paused, then inhaled. "So anyway I'm ready to do the whole "alien diplomat" thing... if you're still interested in being my advisor?" Vel shifted up onto her feet, offering another small smile. Her tail swished and wound madly behind her, belying her excitement at being back in action with her friend.

Avatar image for the_last_samurai
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea: @lady_liberty: (I'm gonna go for tonight, you two can interact between yourselves and Stark'll join you tomorrow, or you can wait, whatever suits you best)

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@velaaru_of_illea:

"Hey there, its good to see you again Vel." She patted the smaller woman on the back and smiled. "I'm glad to hear that. It sounds like things are picking up for you." Maybe Vel's talks would shed light on what happened to the President anyway. There had been two attacks on American soil and he had not even responded. Perhaps he was dead, she thought.

"Sure." Another smile. It had been some time since the two of them had teamed up. Vel had been injured and Liberty had been hard at work with Avalon Enterprises, heirs to the Knightfall legacy. "I'd be happy too."

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@nordok: @lady_liberty:

The alien girl nodded, bouncing up onto her flipper-like feet. "There isn't any time to waste, then!" she exclaimed dramatically before clasping the Void around both women and snapping it shut.

When it reopened, the two of them were on the space station. Vel took a few seconds to adjust to the sudden change in atmosphere, but the Void Armor helped with that. It may not help quite as much for Kelly, though.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Velaaru_of_Illea
The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

lady_liberty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Anthony_Stark

@velaaru_of_illea: @lady_liberty: @joygirl

~Sir; Kelly and the Alien have arrived in the station~ Lost in thought, Stark had almost missed Horizon's words as his eyes lay fixated upon the screen. The Enforcers, Venezuela, Amaranth? The old Anthony Stark and the new Stark did not share memories, and they never had. Sighing, the President leaned back in his chair and clicked a button. Flashing crimson lights on the ground would lead the two of them into the conference room Stark had isolated himself in, away from the troubles of the world, away from anything, he knew his time as President was growing short. "Horizon, send them in".

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Velaaru_of_Illea

Vel wheeled around as a polite robotic voice chirped ~Enter.~ and a set of blast doors slid up, leading into the conference room. The illian shrugged and then looked down at her perpetual alien schoolgirl's outfit. "Well... hm." She focused for a moment and the field around her began to shift, fitting as snugly against her as a Sailor Moon transformation sequence before flashing, then reforming into something more fitting. Now dressed in dark violet skirted suit (still retaining some illian fashion sensibilities), Vel'aaru smoothed her new outfit out before smiling at Kelly and starting to contently skip away through the doors, not in any way afraid of an ambush. Those months of torture had effected her in numerous ways, occasionally ways that conflicted. While she was aware of her own mortality, she was also now much more aware of her own power. Thus, while she was able to get serious if the situation demanded it, she was also very conscious of the fact that the situation more than likely wouldn't demand it. Was she underestimating the president? Probably. But she was not quite twenty years old, and she still had a lot to learn.

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Last_Samurai

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By The_Last_Samurai

@velaaru_of_illea: I guess I'll post tonight, got a billion posts to do as well so give me a few hours.

Anthony_Stark

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: @velaaru_of_illea: (I forgot why this meeting is taking place, but fk it, we'll wing it :P)

"Miss Coltaine," He subtly nodded, quickly glancing over towards Vel'aaru, nodding, the apathetic President rudely cracked his neck and leaned back into his metal seat, interlocking his fingers and resting his palms upon his armrest, Anthony addressed the two. "Originally I had intended to detain the alien under some law I'd find, I'm sure it exists somewhere," And if not, he'd make one,"but more pressing matters have emerged and this little thing" Pointing to the three of them and circling his finger in the air. "does not serve my best interests at the moment."

Stark shrugged, and looked at Kelly, and then back to the alien. "If you intend to invade the planet or attack, I guess I'll have to stop you" He sounded rather uncaring, apathetic, brusque. "But Kelly here has decided to go down the heroic route, and I'm sure she'd not align herself with an intergalactic criminal" Anthony then leaned in closer, "Vel'aaru, was it? I want to examine you. Not in a strange, cutting you open way, but for scientific purposes...Of course" He knew it would probably be a no. But he didn't really care at the moment, "and if you agree, you can live on earth thereafter I have collected the data".

Velaaru_of_Illea

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lady_liberty: @velaaru_of_illea: (I forgot why this meeting is taking place, but fk it, we'll wing it :P)

[ It was just to negotiate since Stark's being a meanyface. ]

"You couldn't stop me," Vel'aaru said matter-of-factly. She had no intention of having a bravado-off with the president, but she'd seen D082's technology and primarily found it wanting. On occasion she'd see something quaint, Stark's armor for example. Quaint in the way that a wood-burning stove could still keep you warm, or a sword could still kill you if it got close enough. But if it came to all-out war, which it wouldn't... Vel didn't like the way it'd go for her new intergalactic companions.

"Yes, I am Vel'aaru of the Southern Thorn Sector--" she paused, biting back a greeting in her native tongue that she knew would go misunderstood. "It's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Mr. Stark." She offered a somewhat sheepish look to Kelly, as if to say Am I doing this right?