Paradigm Shift [Open RPG]

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

I like how he has a bat but diving-faceplants himself into the floor instead lol.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@penalty: That's the msot American statement ever.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

@shadowswordmaster said:

@_retrofire_ said:

I just thought about it... this HAS to have ramifications for a long while down the timeline. Events here are way too public and controversial to just be a contained story line. This is like the end of trust in heroes.

Plus I'll bet Nike goes bankrupt. :P

I thought the trust in heroes was gone for months now on here?

There an IC forum or sum shit I don't know about.

To be fair I think it was forgottten to be honest at this point.What I remember of it was during the Gothic Burning or something like that.

Penalty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: Which, the one about the toaster or the one about the violent psychosis?

@strigidae_23: Those small fries were unworthy of the bat! ;)

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penalty: That's the most American statement ever.

Yep , that man is truley a american.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like how he has a bat but diving-faceplants himself into the floor instead lol.

lmfao. Bats a fashion statement. It's an accessory but not for murder.

@penalty said:

@_retrofire_: Which, the one about the toaster or the one about the violent psychosis?

Awla dat

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#607  Edited By _RetroFire_

@shadowswordmaster said:

@_retrofire_ said:

@shadowswordmaster said:

@_retrofire_ said:

I just thought about it... this HAS to have ramifications for a long while down the timeline. Events here are way too public and controversial to just be a contained story line. This is like the end of trust in heroes.

Plus I'll bet Nike goes bankrupt. :P

I thought the trust in heroes was gone for months now on here?

There an IC forum or sum shit I don't know about.

To be fair I think it was forgottten to be honest at this point.What I remember of it was during the Gothic Burning or something like that.

Got enough trouble remembering everything I need to in RL, what might be useful to my character/s, then what's relevant to me on the site. I rarely follow stuff that I'm not involved in.

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: I try to get caught up in stuff here and there just in case I need to but yeah I have the same feeling actaully.

Avatar image for cassius_knightfall
Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mugen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#610  Edited By Mugen_

@tranquil@saraph@the_superior_sapien@_retrofire_:

The lighting bolt blind-sided Mugen's orbital barrier, sending him crashing heavy to the ground. The electricity assaulted the barriers defense, until it wavered and ultimately dissipated. Simultaneously Mugen watched a blur approaching. It was Saraph, prepping for another attack.

Channeling the thermal energy coexisting within his body, he shot jet streams of fire from his soles, launching his body across the Field. Saraph pounded the ground where Mugen previously lie leaving a crater in the earth and an engulfing cloud of dust. He missed the deadly strike by a close second .

"Commander Mugen!" a soprano voice yelled into his earpiece. "Say something, Please!"

He coughed trying to speak with the air in his lungs exhausted from his violent descent, coupled with soil Saraph ground into the air. He took in necessary, awkward breaths to recover.

"Thank god, commander! You're on every news channel! The medias selling it as another Cape War."

He hacked up soil in his mouth and throat and spat, "This is getting out of hand." he said, his eyes peeled for Saraph. "There's children here watching like it's some sport."

Mugen in his thirteen years as an NSO operative had never experienced a battle in this format. His jobs were always precise, silent and under the radar. This. This was a circus, an exploitative mess.

"And the MVPs" as the dust cleared, Mugen saw the crater Saraph left with full clarity and further down the Field, Retrofire. Gasping for air to breathe at the feet of Garrsion Grail. "They're out for blood."

One thing relative to his work; the cold glaring eyes of a murderer and the detached stare of a man clinging for his life. He seen those faces too many times before.

"We're cleaning this up, Lieutenant Ayakura. ORION Engage."

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strigidae_23:

Cassius smiled under his mask at his apperent allies "celebrity" comment, the two of them still standing as ordered at an apperently strategic location. "Thanks, might as well do something." Cassius responce to his hastily laid flash grenade traps. "So why are we just standing here?, why is this location so important?" No sooner had the words left his mouth than his earpiece started to bark deeply into his ear. "Commincation between agents isnt needed outside of combat zone. Follow your orders overwatch on your partner and await incoming threats." Rasing his hand towards the sword weilding woman known only to him as Ivana gesturing her to wait for a second.

"I hear something you hear it ?" walking over towards the wall and placing his encased head onit firmly. A loud but muffled sound audiable to him even through the armoured face plate. "Screw this, standing around waiting is worse than being in the cell." Cutting his traps and retrieving his two flash grenades before pocketing them and producing one of there much more lethal siblings.

"You may want to stand back" the Last words the Knightfall uttered as his flinged his projectile and moved into cover. A few seconds passing before the air begain to ring and dust filled the corridor. "Lets go find a fight, i'am tired of waiting"

No Caption Provided

"You with the microphone, Shadow Squad on the move. You want to stop me you know what to do"

Its kind of filler, i had no idea what to do as nobody was attackin gand most are already fighting

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Awesome!

The_Brainchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#613  Edited By The_Brainchild

"Hmmmmm..." Sophia tapped her painted chin. "See, normally, I'd be all like 'yeah, sure I'll help the guy who captured me and put a damn bomb in my head,' but..." she smacked her forehead with her palm, "I don't have a bomb in my head anymore! So... f*ck that guy!" The girl jumped into the air, propelled by a telekinetic force that wrapped around her, until a second though condensed the gravitons in her desired destination to increase her augmented mass. Her otherwise small frame crashed into the ground releasing a small shock wave, rippling the earth under her feet. The planetary pressures were restored to normal as she stood to her full height behind Charles. "Sorry, Milo. I wanna see what Papa X here can do." She flashed a deranged grin toward Kurt Pendragon who seemed intent on taking down the legend. Her morbid curiosity would always outdo her love of carnage. Though she had half a mind to make the scene even more dramatic, but maybe after a few more punches were thrown. She bit down on her black lip in anticipation, raising a telekinetic shield around herself, leaning comfortably on her bat construct. She wondered if Kurt would invoke her help in taking down the big bad. That would be amusing. She imagined him giving her some patronizing spiel about how Charles was evil and tried to kill her family and her species and how she should help, yada yada. HEARD IT.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

Penalty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#615  Edited By Penalty

@gladiatrix@saraph@pyrogram@_retrofire_@executive_liaison@rafael_romeiro@tranquil@arquitenens@brainchild@cassius_knightfall@strigidae_23

Huh.

He made it inside. It's a good brawl when a bat-wielding maniac in a hockey mask doesn't attract any attention. He glanced about the building's interior, hesitating.

Now what?

Well, he'd gotten this far without a plan; why try to fix what isn't broken? He spotted a stairwell, and made a beeline for it. Instinctively, he headed down. Down was where the good stuff was usually stored. Up usually meant getting cornered, unless you could fly, which he couldn't. He supposed he could always fling himself out of an upper window and trust in his healing factor to get him back on his feet before the cops came to scrape him off the parking lot, but a building of this size should have sewer access on the lower levels. A smellier, but far less painful way to make an emergency exit.

Down it is!

Avatar image for the_superior_sapien
The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penalty: Instincts and Improvisation. This dude's gutter and its badass.

@brainchild: I'd marry this crazy bitch in real life <_<

@cassius_knightfall: Cass is Red Hood lol. You got the whole vibe down to an art man.

@mugen_: Ha! Now thats whats up. Glad you threw in a World Watching perspective. Expands the effects and canon. Excellent stuff.

Penalty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@penalty: No prob. Cant wait to see him kick some dirt in someone's face

The Psyentist

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#620  Edited By _Grifter_

@the_psyentist: She's blonde and crazy and maybe that's right up his alley? lol

Mugen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Grazie, I think with Gladiatrix in the building and Retro down. Mugen's about to get jumped.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: thanks man, still not much action in post though. But characterisation isnt bad.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

There was a congestive layer of claustrophobic silence carried across the unorthodox battlefield by the hundreds of mouth covered onlookers. They were terrified and confused, angered and saddened, but not even their shared visual distress could match that off the astonished Garrison Grail. Consumed by grief, engulfed by shock and unable to move, he momentarily stood above the crippled paladen as his barely functioning arm strained upwards amidst the blood bubbled gasps for breath. Collapsed to his knees by the weight of Retrofire's surveyed condition, the Rated R Superstar cradled his adversary's head. The brash and arrogant hothead had been seduced by the Golden Age Icon's unwavering presence, fortified with steel and unbreakable moral summation, but the truth of the matter was that in-spite of his Vibranium like constitution, Retrofire's physical condition was simply unable to remain along the same elevated parallels as his altruistic believes.

"Why....why'd you make me do this? I....I didnt want this...."X-Ray vision crudely examined the broken heroes internal suffering. The unmitigated damage of which caused him to lower his head in shame. He had held nothing back, never stopping for a moment to even contemplate the idea that the hero was simply doing what he had always done regardless of his diminished physical projection. It had taken the Superior Sapien twenty plus years to foolish deceive himself into believing he was a hero. It had taken Retrofire sixty seconds to show him that he wasn't even close.

"Hang on old timer, hang on..."Garrison clutched the dying paragon in his arms before hoisting him up in a basket carry. He could hear the rumblings from the awestruck assemblage,"LOOK WHAT YOU DID! LOOK WHAT ALL OF YOU DID! YOU'RE NO HERO, YOU'RE A MURDERER!!"But there was no time for any of that now, Garrison had a solitary focus that would not be detoured by the chastising public.

Seconds later:

An assortment of vital motoring devices and respiratory tubes snaked out of the mouth and arms of the unconscious war veteran as the exemplary medical staff at Oregon's Maine Medical Center rushed in an attempt to save his life. Hooded up, the Holy Grail sat outside in the waiting room scrolling through the social media sh!t-storm that had taken over the World wide web and major network news channels. Congress had called a special summit to discuss the future ramifications and eventual fate of those involved. As well as special amendments for all superhero activity, including speculation of a fully reconstituted Registration Act. NIKE had issued several statements, as forcing several of its leading executives into unceremonious resignations. Needless to say, Garrison's endorsement deals had been severed, contracts voided, and bank accounts frozen pending an investigation into tax evasion. Apparently the Executive Liaison had been siphoning millions from the former athlete for years. The darkest day in Garrison Grail's life was about to get darker still.

Sobbing, held upright by the physical and mental strength of her apparent son, a woman, who's fashion sense alluded to her generational allotment, confronted the defeated MVP celebrity."Look at me son."She demanded, prompting Garrison to stand and face her. A cold yet deserving slap stung the Rated R Superstar's cheek. It was a welcomed pain, though in all likely hood the physical assault had properly done more damage to the elderly woman's hand then the fallen hero's face. But then the unexpected happened."Jesus forgives you, god forgives you."Wrapping her feeble arms around his broad shoulders before breaking down and crying uncontrollably. "And I forgive you too......"

Moments later outside on the media covered steps, Garrison emerged. Covering his eyes from the endless siege of flashing cameras, he readied himself.....

No Caption Provided

"I accept full responsibility for my actions today. There are no words nor actions that will ever undue what I have done. I dont ask for forgiveness or sympathy. Which is why I'm turning myself in and will submit to the American judicial system, even if it costs me my freedom. I failed you all, I failed myself, and for that I apologize. A great man once told me that I tore down everything he and his generation worked so hard to fight for, the tust of the people and the self-sacrificing preservation of individual freedoms. Only now do I understand what he meant."

A solitary tear strolled down the speedster's face as he presented his wrists to the nearest law enforcement officer.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_retrofire_: Thanks man. Thanks for the collab, I think we played well off eachother.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#629  Edited By Arquitenens

That was great! I knew it had to be worth it. A perfect end (for now). One of the best (maybe the best) heroes G has ever played. Including the ones I've never seen.

Also it just struck me

@the_superior_sapien said:

Congress had called a special summit to discuss the future ramifications and eventual fate of those involved. As well as special amendments for all superhero activity, including speculation of a fully reconstituted Registration Act. NIKE had issued several statements, as forcing several of its leading executives into unceremonious resignations. Needless to say, Garrison's endorsement deals had been severed, contracts voided, and bank accounts frozen pending an investigation into tax evasion. Apparently the Executive Liaison had been siphoning millions from the former athlete for years. The darkest day in Garrison Grail's life was about to get darker still.

First, I'm glad there may be some fruit to my previous speculations. Second of all, I don't know why (I speculate the bolded parts), but this passage got me thinking about things. Like how messed up would he baldy have to be if he planned some huge metahuman incident, as well as his Don Kinging of SS, a long time ago to get something like this done, and SS just happened to be the perfect brash personality for him to nurture and guide in the right direction (Psychological profiles for the win) to make it happen.

Oh! That's probably also why. I said in a private message once that Abigail would've seen the MVPs as the registration act, just by a different name and under the eye of a different entity, and thus she would've been untrusting. That's also why I thought about it. Because EL is tied to them, and then that.

Well now I wanna see the revenge. He's gotta get baldy back.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: Awesome breakdown and thanks for reading/being invested. This has been a really cool rpg. I dont wanna get carried away and say its my fav cause I'm all in the moment, but its def top 3.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#631  Edited By Arquitenens

Refrains from another overthink-fest.

@the_superior_sapien: I won't lie, the moment Charles came by I was almost sure I'd forget all about GG and just all over Charlie, but I'm really surprised. He managed to keep up handily. And EL as well managed to keep his "fully fleshed out character" feel. [A lotta times you'll see someone bring in another character, new or an old fan-favorite, and any characters they worked with beforehand....kinda lose a bit of themselves, like they're not as important to the writer as they once were, and you see it clearly when they become throwaway. But that's not here.] So good job on that.

Strigidae_23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ego filled for the hour.

_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'll just throw up an Epi/Prologue to this later. Glad there was a bigger result than property damage here.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think this RPG format has proved most successful for events like this.

Cassius_Knightfall

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Killed it man, ended the thing with a bang. Now for the aftermath, I have an idea i need to run by you.

Hexcraft

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_superior_sapien: Amazing post, really garners sympathy for Garrison. Following this RP, I'll run something by you.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#640  Edited By Arquitenens

Whenever he mentions "[running] something by [someone]," I start feeling really nosy.

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Xsoteric

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#642  Edited By The_Xsoteric

Within moments the entire corridor was teaming with various members of the offensive minded MVP's. The Gothic Guardian and Ashlend Archer launched simultaneous assaults that were the epitome of synchronization. Picking up as if time and ardently different paths had not separated the two for a prolonged period of time. Which it had, but to look at the coupled heroics, one would have never known. Even the Playboy Panther had managed to intervene, if only verbally. Along with the former Keijijo Grandmaster, Milo, who's desultory ideals continued to be a source of unpredictable lethality. Intercepting Abby's arrow based barrage before it could influence the machinations of the mutant hating madman, Charlemagne LeBeau. But Kurt's esoteric surge of energy had not been accounted for and violently blasted the Ultra-Sapien several feet backwards. Yet the acrobatic supremacist would not go so easily, wrestling control of his airborne body, the Lethal LeBeau contorted the manifested momentum to his own advantage. Spinning and twirling into a crouched position behind the adorably psychotic Sophia. Consciously using her as a telekinetic shield while theatrically display the detonation device still safely clutched in his hand.

Antagonistically waving his free finger around with a wickedly curved smile, Charlemagne teased, "Strange, I thought you two were suppose to be better shots."His finger firmly pressing the button. Causing the entire building to spontaneously erupt.

Meanwhile, outside.

No Caption Provided

"This is Amanda Hugginkiss coming to you live from our Channel 5 news chopper high above the Field, legendary home of the embattled MVP's. Ladies and gentlement the scene here is simply devastating as heroes battle heroes. We've been hearing from our sources that there has been at least one casualty, maybe more. Hold on, something's happening. It looks like...." The cameras caught what the infamous reporter was not fast enough to verbalize as the entire chopper was swallowed up in a red and orange cloud of explosive chaos. The only visual remains of the Field, was a steady stream of black mushroom forming smoke as it rolled up towards the heavens. Who, if anyone, had survived, the World would have to wait and see.....

_Grifter_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Damn....

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Intetersing.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait.....

Did he just kill Amanda Hugginkiss!?!?!?!?!!?

Rafael_Romeiro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_xsoteric: That was badass. I'm writing up my response (and last post in this RP).

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Charles don't mess around >_<

The_Superior_Sapien

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wait.....

Did he just kill Amanda Hugginkiss!?!?!?!?!!?

Crip Walks (yup)

@the_xsoteric: That was badass. I'm writing up my response (and last post in this RP).

Awesome. This rp is bio worthy lol

ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram said:

Charles don't mess around >_<

You just realize this today :P

Rafael_Romeiro