GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By GIadiatrix

The MVP's vs The Justice League

The MVP's shocking rise in the world of heroism, and their outstanding commercial success sent tidal waves through the worlds financial markets. Magazines wrote articals about them using terms like 'Paradigm Shift', 'The New Era' and 'Revolutionary'.

Lead by the 'Gothic Knight', Kurt Pendragon and headlined by the charismatic duo of Garrison Grail and Rafael Romeiro they saved South Africa from a grizzly fate at the hands of a merciless invader and became overnight superstars.

The Paradigm Shift
The Paradigm Shift

But such a dramatic rise did not come without its detractors. More traditional heroes often saw the MVP's as little more than mercenaries playing the part of real heroes. Others feared the MVP's tremendous fame would lead to a social shift, and lead an entire generation astray. Some more cynical voices claimed the MVP's were simply a front for unfettered profits.. or worse.

The Old Guard
The Old Guard

The 'Shadow Squad', a secretive group of hardened criminals, wanted terrorists and other lethal individuals would be the cadalyst that caused the otherwise peaceful conflict to boil over. An unknown individual leaked the existence of the Shadow Squad and its roster to the Justice League, who discovered several international warrants for the capture of the Shadow Squad's more ruthless members.

Vowing to not allow what she saw as a perversion of justice stand the heroine Gladiatrix, founder and leader of the Justice League, intends to bring an end to the Shadow Squad and tear down the MVP's, who she sees as harboring international terrorists. Gathering her team she strikes at the heart of her enemies, the MVP's base known only as 'The Field'.

The Cadre
The Cadre

Rules:

• This is an open RPG. The central storyline is the conflict between the MVP's and the Justice League, however anyone is free to join in. Heroes can pick a side or attempt to stop the violence and villains can take advantage of the situation to serve their own ends. If you want to join, you don't have to ask me, just hop in and do your thing :-)
  • This is a CVnU RPG and all CVnU rules apply.
  • This thread is both the IC thread and the OOC thread. It works just like location threads like Gothic City or the MVP's team thread.
  • Have fun!
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

This is gonna be so fun!

[And I already deleted my post by mistake, silly Pyro]

Stick_Master

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Let the games begin!

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GIadiatrix

Invasion

Gladiatrix
Gladiatrix

A custom stealth VOTL jet roared through the blue sky above the MVP's HQ, circling once, leaving twin trails of white exhaust plumes upon the pristine Sunday morning sky before touching down a few yards outside of the base perimeter.

The canopy cracked open with the hiss of hydraulics and a tall, beautiful woman leaped free in a flash of vibrant crimson and blue. Gold glittered in the sunlight and her blood red cape fluttered in the wind.

She snatched an ornate shield from her back and her piercing blue gaze swept over the manicured lawn, smooth concrete and gleaming glass of The Field. It was the very symbol of modernity, and to the traditional heroine it was the corruption of the heroic ethos personified.

"MVP'S!" Her voice snapped like the cracking of a whip over the field. "Your days of sheltering a terrorist have come to an end! I have a warrant for the arrest of Ivana Strigidae, and I am authorized by INTERPOL to detain and interrogate all those who aid and abet her."

"Do not resist, and you will not be harmed. Resist and we will arrest you."

"You have thirty seconds to comply!"

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SweetSnowbell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Oooh, this sounds really cool!

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Natalia_Dante

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't have time to take part D:

Otherwise I'd throw Lena in :(

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By Arquitenens

I'm in! Somehow....

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Good luck for both teams and I love jim lee art.

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for valerie_huntington
Valerie_Huntington

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This gonna be amazing, I can already tell. And I'm finding a way to be a part of it.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Pyrogram

@gladiatrix: [I know it's kinda shitty but had to post first, leader and all :P]

No Caption Provided

The Emerald Archer gazed towards his newly afforded suit. A single inch of the advanced fabric would have robbed him dry a mere month ago, and now, an entire suit worth more than he could spend was simply displayed within his personal quarters.

On all sides stood weaponry, technology, and training equipment which would cause any normal Gothic hero to be jealous.

He sighed, had Gladiatrix's words rung true? Had the Gothic Knight sold out and instead of inspiring hope through valor and courage, heroics and altruism... Now turned to fame and a public spotlight? Mistress Sangria was the most important thing in his life... But had she tarnished who he really was? Countless crimes had been neglected in the name of love and happiness...

His mistakes and wrongdoings, his neglects and inaction... Were they spurred by personal greed and desire which he had failed to see for all this time? Garrison, and countless other heroes, professional or otherwise, looked up to him, saw him as one of the worlds leading heroes.

What would they think of a hero which had fallen in love with a crimelord? A hero which had tortured Psyknight, a hero which killed more men than a criminal, and a hero now sponsored by a corporate giant. He sighed, slowly adorning his suit prior to hearing the blaring sound of alarms, creasing his brow, the commissioner darted to a screen, bow in hand, and viewed the commotion.

"Dammit, Gladiatrix's,"

He cursed, angrily. What the hell are you doing?"

Marching away, the Gothic Knight made his way outside, viewing the woman and creasing his brow, his emerald hood covering his eyes. They said the window to the soul was through the eyes... He couldn't afford anybody seeing his darkened soul.

"Gladiatrix!" He roared, "what the hell is this madness? Is this what true heroics stands for? Attacking a base on civilian grounds and risking countless lives?" Kurt shook his head. "Put the shield down, Gladiatrix...

...Or I won't be held responsible
...Or I won't be held responsible"
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Joy's faster. You gotta train hard if you wanna compete!

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: >_< Where's Victory Grey to come and post fastest in the wooooorld!

Heyyy maybe I could train with you, once Abby visits Kurt :P

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By GIadiatrix
Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix: Prepares to get his ass kicked.

Wait that's not how trash talk works >.<

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Hahaha, well however it goes it should be fun.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix: Either way, Kurt's gonna either lose physically or mentally, he's like, standing on a knifes edge :P

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: I could see the internal conflict he was facing in your post. I like that.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Mugen_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Takes him out the skirmish with a taser gun.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Pyrogram
_RetroFire_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOYCE

Lemme see if I can the energy up to post.

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By GIadiatrix
Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix: @pyrogram: [Don't blame me for badness or anything!]

As she flew in inside the jet overhead, Abigail wondered if she was making the right move, taking part in the confrontation. Despite the fact that Ivana was a wanted terrorist worldwide, there was little doubt in her mind the MVPs would fight to defend her - even if the reasons themselves made no sense. And if things got physical, danger to civilians and property were almost sure to rise significantly. Furthermore, there was her lately more tenuous and distant friendship with Kurt. It had already been tested sorely since the Gothic cafe, and the last time she saw him was the worst yet. How much more could they endure? But he seemed better, and he of all people should have known the dangers Ivana and any allies of the Court of Arcani posed. Hopefully, they wouldn't have to endure.

Hopefully...

Even more important than that, if Ivana wasn't bluffing and she truly did know what she seemed to be hinting at, she could put Abby in a world of trouble.

It was Ivana's invitation that informed her of the Shadow Squad, and Abigail's use of that information scared her just as much as the offer itself and the questions it raised. But if she was going to be involved with the Strigidae, it may as well have been under her own terms. So she joined Gladiatrix in going to arrest the woman.

The veteran archer sat in the jet, hood pulled over her hanging head, and said a quick prayer as Gladiatrix fell toward the Earth. Not for her safety during the fall, but for everyone's safety during what would follow.

Abigail's own descent came slowly by use of a parachute not too far from the building, whereafter she moved in to support her ally. Gladiatrix's strikingly aggressive address didn't inspire much hope for peaceful resolution. Kurt's presence on the front line as opposed to someone perhaps a bit more hot-headed was some comfort...

If only for a moment.

Madness!? How could he even say that? The Justice League had gone to detain a muli-national terrorist who had yet to answer for any crimes and presumed to waltz in front of cameras - no proven reformation or atonement, no control methods - nothing, and he called it madness?

Responding in turn to the mutually created atmosphere, mirroring her former partner, Abigail reached for the quiver behind her back and nocked a steel-tipped arrow on the nanite bow.

No Caption Provided

Her voice, by contrast to both of their own, was calm, pleading. "Kurt, this isn't an attack. At least....it doesn't have to be. Just....please. Don't."

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Arquitenens

Early visit...

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens Hmm.... Now I have to ponder what Kurt is going to do... Veery interesting.

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@arquitenens: @pyrogram: I'm not going to reply tonight, I'm a bit fatigued creatively, to be honest lol.

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix That's alright, I'm going to bed soon anyways. Have work in a couple of hours.

But damn, that post made me so energized to post >.< How the heck am I gonna sleep xD

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: Ouch, yeah you should get some sleep.

No idea lol. But it will all be here tomorrow. I probably won't even reply to after five PM your time lol.

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@pyrogram: We'll all be waiting...

@gladiatrix: I already told you I'm tired. I was basically just awake to pull out that post.

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix@arquitenens I swear the vines got a conspiracy to get Kurt to commit suicide >_< I hate you all!

Huffs, goes to bed!

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By GIadiatrix

@pyrogram: No matter how bad things get.. always remember.. at least a mind controlling bacteria loves you!

Heh, good night :-)

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Holy shit haha xD

Arquitenens

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hah! Oh my.

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By _Splits_

Saint won't participate in this >_>

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix: Well, he might, if I get bored enough... but he'd probably end up wrecking everything Glad is doing like he did to everyone during the AV invasion >_>

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_splits_: Saint was pure beast mode in the AV Invasion.

_Splits_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@gladiatrix: For like five seconds, then half the invaders who were all like "I'm gonna rip his head off GRRRR" got teleported to AV's past for some reason.

GIadiatrix

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_splits_: That RPG didn't go the way I hoped but it went a heck of a lot better than I feared, let me put it that way lol. Still, Saint was a total badass the entire time he was involved.