Pair a' Normals Pawn - An Everafter Location

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Closure

"Mutants and humans. Their war between species is as young as the sperm in my ball sack. Honestly, their issues are trivial compared to the isolation and near erasure of what's been done to our people. Like what does it take to get proper representation in the media anymore? Not this whitewashed garbage." He's a disgruntled young man, Emmanuel, sipping on his hazelnut coffee whilst watching yet another broadcast from America's obviously demonically enchanted president.

"And I for one find that sentiment to be racist, the whole calling mutants a wicked offshoot of humanity, especially considering the fact that humans were created in our image. Sorta." His rising anger caused a reddening of pale skin, resulting in the manifestation of a blinking halo above his perspiring forehead.

"Okay, my image." He scoffed, rolling his eyes as brother dearest's devilish horns appeared out of pure irritation. "Fact of the matter is, the so called supernatural have it worse. We're treated like a side show, bro. If we came out today, they'd have us killed. Flucking humans. They're so gross." Manny started to think he was talking to himself as his unofficial twin started to converse with a customer looking for a hit of glamour and by association......an apartment.

Emmanuel wasn't at all surprised, because Shawn cared far more about assisting their kind rather than focusing on the dwellings of other species. And it's because of his concentrated effort to assist their people that Manny doesn't redden at face. Instead he lightened, tossed away his activist hat, and traded it in for the hat from which he attained the most joy from. Assisting super natural creatures assimilate into the world.....for the right price.

The Baptiste Complex

Located in an unspecified town in an unspecified state, the Baptiste Complex resides within an enchanted portion of the aforementioned neighborhood. Inside this complex is Pair a'Normals Pawn, which houses a multitude of artifacts from across the nine known realms.

It's here where items are inspected by Emmanuel and Shawn Baptiste. If said artifact is considered to have high value, under the permission of their town's mayor, the Baptiste brothers have the right to glamour the customer into appearing human if he or she isn't already. Once completed the brothers will give the customer an apartment inside the complex, work in the "Human Zone", while assisting said customer's in their assimilation into the real world.

Baptiste Complex stands in the heart of what's been called the "Magic Zone". It's entirely composed of super natural beings turned human. These residents stay in the building until their deemed worthy of life without the supervision of Emmanuel and Shawn.

Outside of the complex, but in the parameters of "Magic Zone", are a series of businesses and houses owned by the more wealthy side of super natural (i.e. Victorian Age Vampires). It's in these strip clubs, restaurants, and bodegas where non glamoured citizens work behind-the-scenes to gain favor with certain individuals who claim to have their own, personal glamour. For some time Emmanuel gave out the glamour enchantment for free, but if he wanted to keep his artifacts he had to start playing by the rules.

In truth, the Mayor only allowed this process of trade because the Baptiste Brothers have used these artifacts to heighten their intellect and physical prowess against any and all threats aimed at the community. Sometimes the duo will even go outside the town to handle situations that might reveal their kind to the human world. It's because of their willingness to risk their own lives that no one really gets too angry when the boys deny a glamour spell.

Rules & Regulations

Types of Glamour

• Lifetime: If a customer intends to live out their days on Earth realm, they'll have to sell an artifact of great value. Some of which might be a family heirloom or an item that could possibly bring about the death of life itself. These customers get to look however the want.
  • Visiting Pass: If a customer is visiting from another magical realm, they'll have to give something valuable to the Baptiste brothers. Afterwards, they'll be given a spell that'll wear out depending on the time agreed between both parties. On some occasions the brothers will take cash upfront without question. These customers get to look like a part of the herd. Nothing too special.
  • Low Standard: If Emmanuel and Shawn are given cheap trinkets like a wand or an item native to the customer's land, they'll issue a set date. A set date means after a certain number of days, the Baptiste Brothers will evaluate the customer's eligibility for a glamour. Meaning if there are any available jobs, not taken by higher valued customers, the brother's will hook a low standard with a job as well as an okay looking glamour. Low standard glamours are hardly given out.
  • Illegal: Sometimes the super natural from this realm or another receives glamour from practitioners without licences. Usually this will mean the poorly done glamoured customer will be forced to work off their glamour by working at a strip club, selling drugs, prostitution, and smuggling in illegal items from the nine known realms. Emmanuel and Shawn look down on this manner of assimilation, but there's nothing they can do, especially when the people running these operations are upstanding members of the Magic Zone

OoC Knowledge ~ Created by Closure and Surkit :)

• IF YOU'RE COMING INTO THE SHOP - IT'S EITHER FOR HELP WITH A SUPERNATURAL PROBLEM, A CUP OF COFFEE, YOU'RE OUT TO KILL THE BROTHERS FOR REVENGE, OR BECAUSE YOU NEED AN ITEM OF POWER THAT CAN'T BE FOUND ELSEWHERE.
  • Sometimes the brother's will sell their pawned artifacts to the right person for the right price.
  • Emmanuel tends to get into fights over women, most notably werewolf women, and can revert into his demon skin if he hasn't had his coffee.
  • This place is an open world location. Meaning if you start a thread here, the story can progress outward and end up anywhere.
  • Don't blow shit up.
  • If you try to steal....be prepared for an attack.
  • You can live here if you want.
  • You can work in the neighborhood if you want.
  • Give the complex life.
  • If you're part of a wolf pack there's assortment of items that can kill you or assist you during transformations.
  • If you're a human looking supernatural, without the need for glamour, expect a lot of jealousy. No one will understand why you'd be here when you've got so much privilege.

Everafter

Created by Ophelia/Big and Bad

Located on the northern outskirts of the Magic Zone, "Everafter" is the ironic nickname given to the neighborhood of the less-than financially stable community of supernatural races and creatures- the ones who either can't afford to live in the better parts of town or are inhuman and have nothing more to trade in return for glamour.

An example of Everafter housing.
An example of Everafter housing.

A stark contrast from community what the Baptiste Brothers have built for themselves, the pitiful denizens of Everafter make they're homes in the downtrodden apartments that the humans of the area had long since condemned; being forced fix these buildings to be somewhat livable. For this and many other reasons, the neighborhood's citizens have grown to resent the rich folk of the town, supernatural or not.

Any supernaturals that are too lazy or weak to work are left to either the streets or descend into the sewers; this trend quickly turned Everafter into a breeding ground for crime. The theft and trade of magical artifacts, black market witches producing faulty or specific glamours, even the drug-dealing normally meant for humans has reached the town's underground. With the natural police being unable or unwilling to involve themselves in the issues of the supernaturals and the higher class disinterested with them, an official among the community had to be elected- after some few weeks, a certain lycan known as Blake was selected for his... fitting set of skills.

The Big Bad Wolf
The Big Bad Wolf

Given the nickname of the "Big Bad Wolf" for obvious reasons, Blake is an bestial figure with a short attitude- but he wants to change that, and in turn change the place he makes his home. Forced into a situation where he has to keep his fellow supernaturals from tearing each other apart, this redeemed monster just wants some peace for once.

Xorion

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love the fable town work :D

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xorion: I imagine this as the Winchester brothers living in Fable Town lol With the added bonus of the blood lineage o.o

Thanks for reading :)

ownagepants

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is really awesome after I go to bed then wake up I will probably post here most likely after some breakfast of course.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well then, lol.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Closure
Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Big_and_Bad

@closure: I was actually planning a Fable Town-esque location thread/supernatural group lol. But I really like this, would you wanna collaborate?

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Woah.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Closure
Mr. Mercury

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#11  Edited By Mr. Mercury
Innit!
Innit!

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mr__mercury: +5 cool points

Getting to our stuff later. I've been having a real sleeping problem lately o.o

Though it'd be sweet for you to bring someone here.

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ia_espada
Color me interested, nino
Color me interested, nino

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Closure

@la_espada: *Opens up a box of crayola

Beige or yellow? (thanks)

ia_espada

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Closure

@la_espada: I had to do it.

Gonna get the red crayon out for hunting season.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for the_vatican_assassin
The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Stock piles an assortment of supernatural killing instruments
Stock piles an assortment of supernatural killing instruments

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Big_and_Bad
Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23 Zauberin  Moderator

What's up with all the angels here? >_>

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: I'mma have to watch this show or something. Looks good from what I can tell (kinda shocked you arent using this dude. seems like a closure exclusive if I've ever seen one lol)

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@the_vatican_assassin: I was going too (Got hella gifs earlier) haha

I was debating between him and Theo James, but the dude had an extremely short part in Underworld.

But I don't own anything.

The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zauberin: I only see one :O (okay one and half cause of the gif in the op but that doesnt really count)

@closure said:

But I don't own anything.

Ratchet :P

Surkit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Angel right chyea

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29 Zauberin  Moderator

@big_and_bad: You're in the wrong home!

@the_vatican_assassin: I thought the other one counted.And to be fair, if you were some kinda demon, used to angel-free zones all around, you'd consider one and a half a lot too.

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vapor.

Shawn's been smoking since he was fifteen. See that plaque on the wall? Not the award for most building code violations, the ones on the walls of his lungs. No? You can hear it though, if you keep an ear open as he breaths in deep. A wheez like sucking in air through a hose clogged with clumps of hair. Now, his doctor insists he use vapor pens. Disgusting device it is, but it gets the cravings down.

Opening the cabinet in the back of the shop beside the wooden framed window that was a testament to the old foundation, he pulls out the large book with the pentagram tagged onto it's skin binding. Flipping it open he runs a finger through the pages.

"Where are you...No..." He flips another page

"No....no...no..." He flips and flips

"YES. Finally." He stops on a page and runs his finger down the center.

Pulling a loose cigarette out of the edges and lighting it with two fingers and a cheap flame spell. "Thank the lord..."

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Closure

@shawn_baptiste: Definitely responding, but my laptop's wifi is acting a fool

Shawn_Baptiste

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: lol mine does that too, fckin toshiba. Try closing it and opening it back up.

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Big_and_Bad
Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By Zauberin  Moderator
Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Big_and_Bad
The_Vatican_Assassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@closure: lol dont blame me, you said you didnt own anything. No equity ='s ratchet :P

Zauberin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40 Zauberin  Moderator

Good luck.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work on this.

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Pyrogram

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

User Lists: 1

@zauberin: Angel free zone! Never, Zaniel! Albeit the worst angel ever.

@closure: Fking sick man, good read to come to straight after work. I'll visit soon I think.

Thee_Champ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Thee_Champ

Bravo!

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By Closure

@shawn_baptiste: "Good morning, sure." His voice echoed as his drooping shoulders made his descent down the stairs a bit easier, which was extremely helpful considering the fact that he had little to no willpower for exerting energy.

"Don't talk to me." He muttered, covering his eyes as he entered the shop without much care to his brother's dealings with cigarette smoke. Honestly, all he cared about was finding his early morning zen.

"Ugh." With bags beneath his eyes, a grumbling feeling in his stomach, the lean landlord grabbed a plastic cup, filled it with a water from the bottle sitting on the counter, and uttered a few (nearly) inaudible words of what seemed to be important.

"YES!" His habitual morning exclamation always contained euphoric undertones and to a certain extent his specially crafted coffee, which appeared inside the plastic container instantaneously, was definitely something worth the primal noise.

"Bless me." Manny's eyes nearly rolled back when the room temperature liquid slid down his throat and he wouldn't have it any other way.

"Now that's what I call a coffee." His words were extenuated by a content smile, topped off with the manifestation of a small halo above his head, shining brightly as his heart found its' happy place.

Closure

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Big_and_Bad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers