Opening the Door to a World of Magic (Wandering Location)

Avatar image for thisisgonnahurt
ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#1  Edited By ThisIsGonnaHurt

It's somewhere, I know it...

No Caption Provided

Name's Doorman. Don't ask why, I don't know. It's complicated. I said don't ask why. Okay, now that that's out of the way...

I'm a time traveler and dimension hopper. Reason why you don't see me on the news daily is because I cover my tracks very carefully. Reason I'm telling you this is because you're about to get a glimpse of what I see on all the time. Why? When are you going to get it through your thick skull...

Anyway, magic right? Impossible. Everything's mutant powers and technology these days. Not exactly. Magic is alive, and it's beautiful. Or disgusting if we're talking Puke Magic. Don't ask, I know what you're about to do. Don't. Some things are better left unexplained. Besides, Puke Magic is fake. Or it might be real, magic sort of encompasses all possible subjects. Even toenails. Toenail Magic, that'll be weird to see.

But the name's Doorman, so let's take a look past that door shall we?

That door. That one right there, out in the distance. Don't see it? I'm talking to the wrong person then, hold on a second...

---

Five more attempts at locating the right person through various methods of time traveling later...

---

You the guy? Girl? I don't know, it's hard to get past the monitor screen. I'm just text right now you know, it's complicated. Don't ask.

But this is for real. This is the right person, I can feel it. You are the right person. We're opening the door now. Who am I and what am I talking about? At least you're not asking why right now...

No Caption Provided

Magic has no clear, defined history. Everyone has their own interpretations and that's fine. The world of magic is large enough for all sorts of stories, whether they're true or false is up to the reader's perception of reality and virtue. How many worlds of magic? How many schools? Dunno. Lots? Lots is a number. No, lots is an object, you draw lots to determine the result of a gamble. Alright, forget what I said.

Everyone has their own interpretation of magic, that's the base of it all. The foundation. Magic is founded on stories, yeah, that's where I was going with this. Stop confusing me with your questions, I'll answer them all eventually maybe.

The world of magic is infinite and requires doors to enter, doors I specialize in finding and opening. I'm the Doorman see, sort of my thing, it's in my name. It is my name. I have no other identity. I can't get a driver's license and I can barely qualify for a Happy Meal, I'm not the happiest guy around. Sue me. Don't, you won't get anything. Back to magic.

The doors that lead to the world of magic are impossible to track down unless you have an innate magical sense about you. In other words, radar and such don't work. Suddenly walking into one doesn't work either because the doors are usually floating around in the middle of nowhere at varying altitudes. We have our own sensors to avoid buildings and airplanes, so safety's not really an issue. Maintenance is, however, because no one bothers to take some WD-40 thirty to three-thousand feet in the air. Nobody is prepare these days, damn kids.

Inside the world of magic is a realm of endless possibilities. Doors from all across time and space open and shut, bringing in a constant flow of students from different species and dimensions, each one eager to learn from the best and brightest. It would be an absolute mess, to be honest, if the city itself wasn't so well-managed. That's right. The world of magic is referred-to as a city, but stretches from one end of subspace to the other, effectively covering all of space-time with its roads. You would take an eternity just to travel the damn thing, and even then you would just keep running into new people. Either that or you would forget the people you met before and meet alternate versions of them and it gets really confusing.

But nothing really detrimental, because those who enter the world of magic only leave it with the knowledge of what they learned in relation to their skills. Meeting alternate versions of yourself can be both messy and traumatizing, not to mention a violation of several rules. So we're just going to point to the automatic "memories of meeting yourself eraser" thing on every door. Handy for things like that. Either that or it still violates the rules and we're just barely covering up for it.

I'm just the Doorman, it's not my job to be specific with this kind of stuff.

---

Under Construction, obviously, but I hope the main point is carried across.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Also, Doorman is probably not going to be the constant host to this. Otherwise things will get very weird very quickly.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Can I go to Parfait nU, please?

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake:

I think I know where that is.

*opens a door to his left, it's a reality where parfaits are outlawed and publically executed like people*

Uhhh...

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

beautifully written, love the objective word play.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake:

*closes the door on Drake*

No one saw that.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By _Drake

@thisisgonnahurt: Why did you close the door on that spandex-wearing spider kid?

(MWHAHAHAHAHA!)

Encriptor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

being a .. a being of infinite life span, on multiple universes and planets... the idea of running into myself happens a lot. Having a mass collective consciousness helps though, sentient beings encountering a paradox such as time travelled versions would be an intriguing situation requiring further analysis.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_drake:

Wait, where does that put me? I'm the Doorman, I'm supposed to know these things. Who are you, the samurai? I must have closed the door behind myself.

This must be the parfait door, right next to the spooky door. Yeah, we're going with that. I want chocolate. It's been a long day.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@encriptor:

Funny thing is that as soon as you leave, you forget all about it.

_Drake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doorman remembers the conversations he has with himself
Doorman remembers the conversations he has with himself

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Crazy fun to read.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironphantom:

I could literally write an essay with just Doorman talking back and forth with himself. It's so fun.

IronPhantom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thisisgonnahurt: It looks fun to write, I know its fun to read. I really hope to read more like this, but you've probably got your hands full with the skulls and the butcher. Love this guy though.

ThisIsGonnaHurt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ironphantom:

Skulls, Butcher, got that Hulk thing with Joey, some Warsman stuff with Maverick coming up soon, fleshing out the rest of the blogs, pretty sure I have an unspoken rivalry with that Liafador user with the SSJG Goku character, and probably lots more I'm forgetting off the top of my head.

But Doorman is there for me to be as goofy and weird as I want to be. You'll get more of him inevitably, despite anything else I do.

Marco_Aurelius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers