Old Friends

_Nobody_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By _Nobody_

Here am I, back again in Alaska. The grizzly plains and azure skies, the unforeseen future, the gelid winds of my mind. Here, they all meet. Everything is a veracity and the greatest of lies, a place where nobodies and everybodies are the same. It has been days since I sewed my mouth in order to halt words, the thread are cut and scars, healing. My whole corpse alike physiognomy is leisurely becoming healthy again and, each day, I am more and more like Luke Craig in appearance. At the first minutes, I really craved to remember, to speak..... Yet, once you get used to quietude, noise annoys you as a fly, memories are indifferent. At least most, unlike this one...

Six years ago, I was fifteen, gramps had died in front of me, his blood tainting the flooring. He left but let me with a humongous fortune in the pocket. I traveled the world, found my way whilst failing most martial arts. I was, basically, a walking mistake. The lonesome Luke wading through snow, until he finds a petite cub. A cute wolf and a hunter aiming. My vocation as a hero began here, when I slayed the hunter, got him to dismay within two minutes and saved the Omega wolf. As I acknowledged, Omega wolves are mostly separated from their packs and insulated at a life of silence.

Here am I, standing outside the very same place, observing taciturnly the lone wolf leaping with only three legs. His beauteous gray fur, outshone by scars and holes of bullets. He is strong, stronger than I am. Without a leg, he brings the prey swimmingly prior to dropping it and collapsing to the snow. Damn, his eyes shine as he perceive me and gets my scent. I can tell he is happy, so am I. I can tell he is suffering, so am I. I can tell he is lost, so am I. Yet, he is dying and I am living.

That's when I here that voice. A voice I haven't heard in months, one of a good friend. Shirtless as always. Calm. His rubicund wrist touches my shoulder blades as the words are spoken. "Luke Craig, old friend. You have grown mature in this meantime.... And silent. I do know of your pact with speechlessness, I am not here to make you speak unneeded words. You have summoned me for I owe you something and I understand. That wolf, it will die, no? You want me to save it......... I can do better. My study on the ways of the Force, my friend, has been really productive. You see, both of you share a steady bond. I can merge it. After all, Man is the wolf of Men, but only nobody is wolf and man. And you are this Nobody. Once I am done, everything your essence holds will be shared. Your power, your memory. His feral spirit, his pain. All will be one, one will be two. He speaks to you, you speak to him..... " My head twists, his soft words. Darth Vor'zhuul, also known as Atrocity. It has been days since I searched for his aid. He owes me. I saved something for him at my vigilante years, now I want him to save something for me. Said and done, he merely raised a finger, I can already see the aura encompassing both man and wolf. I feel his pain, he feels mine. He speaks to me, I respond. Mute words. I embrace Beowulf..... That's the name I gave him years ago...... His legs are slowly healing, I embrace him with all my puissance. The surroundings are blackening, the Sith Lord fades away. Darkness takes over, but I am safe. I am home again. As I fall into a profound state of mind, travelling each corner of my puzzled mind, I hear that reverberating voice for the last time. "Farewell, Luke Craig. May the Force be with you."

The_Ghostshell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Omega Wolf....I like that name.

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

Nice work here, your writing keeps getting better by the day.

_Braveheart_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 3

Great work.