Avatar image for elemental_animal
elemental-ANIMAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Edited By elemental-ANIMAL

well i made this account for RPG i had other accounts from super guys that are real so i tried to think one in my head so but then i get from some body i need to tune up my powers now i dont see whats wrong with my powers now comic vine all users what do i need to tune up my powers i am a based ghost that can transfrom into any elements you tell me CV what do i need to tune up

Rain Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Rain Man

that's a easy rode to godmolding

RPG RULES
http://www.comicvine.com/forums/rpg/9/official-rpg-rules/696/?page=last#reply_form

GODMOD:

I will go more into two main kinds of godmodding later, but basically it’s this: Don’t be God. You can’t do anything and everything. There are areas where your character is strong, and other areas where he/she/it is weak. DON’T have a character without weaknesses (physical, mental, emotional) that can be exploited. Don’t make an all-powerful character; it really kills the RP if no one can possibly beat you.

EDIT YOUR CHARACTER WHILE PLAYING:

Don't edit your character in the middle of an RP. Changing your strengths and weaknesses (or just as bad, your history) as you go so you can deal with whatever is happening at the time is unfair. Not only that, but it defeats the purpose of what you are (or should be) trying to do. The fun of the RP is dealing with conflicts in unique and interesting ways and creating a story. Just changing what your character can do gets rid of any effort and requires no thought at all. And even if you don't care about how the story is for you, it ruins it for everyone else. Changing your strengths so you can do anything or changing your weaknesses so nothing can hurt you basically get into Godmodding, which is covered below.

GODMODDING:

There are really (in my eyes) two kinds of godmodding. Auto-hitting and No-Selling. Here’s information I copied (from people who copied it from somewhere else) about them.

Autohits are BAD

You know what I'm talking about here. Hitting a person without giving them a chance to respond. Let's take Bob and George. George is your character and he's fighting Bob. George is prone to autohits. Here are some of his actions during his latest fight.

George kicks Bob's sword out of his hand, then swings, cutting off his foot.

George slams an energy bolt point blank into Bob's stomach.

George swings around, hitting Bob in the solar plexus and throwing him across the bar.

George snaps his whip along Bob's eyes, blinding him.

George jump kicks Bob, snapping his head back.

George uses his AMAZING CHI POWERS to burn Bob into a pile of ashes.

These actions are wrong for obvious reasons, and if George even thought of using the last one ANYWHERE, he should have someone come over and put his genitals in one paper shredder and I MEAN IT, GEORGE YOU STUPID BASTARD! Now...let's do these actions a little bit better ...without that stupid bastard George autohitting.

George uses his dagger to slash along Bob's sword hand, while the other takes a lower arcing loop, aimed at his foot.

George places his hand fractions of an inch from Bob's stomach and charges up an energy bolt.

George swings around, aiming a backhand into Bob's solar plexus.

George snaps his whip in front of Bob's face, the tip missing his eyes by only a centimeter.

George aims a rather beautiful jumpkick at Bob's head that, if landed, would make Bruce Lee proud. (and if Bob is in a sardonic mood, he can respond with "Bob dodges as George disgraces Bruce Lee's memory."

George uses his AMAZING CHI POWERS to run like hell away from Bob who is going to kick his stupid ass.

Now keep in mind actions like, say, grabbing Bob, pushing Bob back, or tackling Bob as both of you roll on the ground may be considered autohits if abused too much, but so far, there are no probs with that from what I've seen. But if in doubt...don't do it.

No-selling is BAD

The polar opposite of auto-hitting is the lesser topic of no-selling. Basically, it's deflecting or blocking every single move your opponent makes while you smile evilly and mock the person or something. It didn't work for Goldberg, it didn't work for The Undertaker, and it sure as hell doesn't look good on you. Let's put this in simple words. You are not Goldberg. You are not the Undertaker. You must take blows if you wish to dish them out. It looks significantly worse if you are a newb character who's no-selling against a character such as...say...McClaud. G-Crusher and Necrobile, in the cases when they have fought, suffer about two or three minor wounds in a fight ranging from say a stab wound to a broken rib. That doesn't mean they're bad fighters. It means they're fair ones. Well...okay, maybe Necrobile's not totally FAIR, but...you know what I mean.

Above all and foremost, as in with every aspect of role playing, use your Goddamn head.

Know your limits, respect others, play your character, work out gaps and problems in a civilized manner in messaging before-hand. Simple as that.

• Acronym Key

RP – Rping - RolePlaying: Playing a different role/simulation.

OOC - OutofCharacter: Things that are not said by the character but instead by yourself.

IC – In Character: Things that are said or done by your character.

NPC - Non-player Character: A character created by a user in an RPG other than their main one. Control over this character may vary.

This next little bit is something I found concerning human characters. I though it was interesting so I’m including it.

Now believe it or not, playing a simple "human" is NOT boring. That is a MAJOR misconception that many role-players seem to have. Why? Because humans are honestly what the role-play world needs more of, in my opinion. There are so many different "non-human" characters out there, that it's almost as if humans do not even exist. One reason is because with all the different powers that non-human characters have, most are afraid to play a simple human character, in fear of never being able to stand against other beings that are so powerful. I think it takes someone brave and intelligent, to play a simple human character. Not only is it harder to play, because so many other beings have all these powerful abilities, but being able to keep your character alive in this vast fantasy world of powerful creatures, is an accomplishment of its own. And take it from me, it's not as hard to keep a human character alive as most would think.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Final Arrow

Having big powers makes it hard not to god mode. you need to rain in what you write all i can say if thats your powers, Then why the tune up?

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Apparition

he means tune up like correct, to make his character less likely to god mode.

Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By Final Arrow

Mark one dumb point for Arrow.. This is why you should not skim blogs LOL.

Dude the only person that can make you god mode is you. If you wish to keep the powers then give yourself some good weakness or just don't use your powers to the full extent. Points at his power,  see I have the chance to be a massive god moder but im not. It is all about how you write your character.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By Apparition
Final Arrow said:
"Mark one dumb point for Arrow.. This is why you should not skim blogs LOL."
lol ;)

Final Arrow said:
"Dude the only person that can make you god mode is you. If you wish to keep the powers then give yourself some good weakness or just don't use your powers to the full extent. Points at his powers. see I have the chance to be a massive god moder but im not. It is all about how you write your character."

great points arrow
Final Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Final Arrow

Also as always love the av Apple.

shanana

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#7  Edited By shanana

I dont have a visable Weakness and i'm insanley Overpowerful, but knowing your character's limits and your Other character's Strengths help also.

I also have two sets of Powers one i use for battle rpg's and the others i use for story rpg's just to make it fair for everyone, because no one is going to battle someone who isnt going to make them think and make it fun.

Apparition

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Apparition
Final Arrow said:
"Also as always love the av Apple."

awwwwww thanks arrow!  i like the one youre sporting now but i like your more evil, darker ones the best
Rain Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Rain Man
Final Arrow said:
"Mark one dumb point for Arrow.. This is why you should not skim blogs LOL.

Dude the only person that can make you god mode is you. If you wish to keep the powers then give yourself some good weakness or just don't use your powers to the full extent. Points at his power,  see I have the chance to be a massive god moder but im not. It is all about how you write your character."

lol your dumb lol ..i was just pointing out that with his weak mind it will wander him to doing godmoding so he can be "recognized" i just think he should use basic Elements like Water, Fire, Earth, and Air and be a shape shifter
SHA (BLACK)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SHA (BLACK)

Like what is the big deal with being "recognized" Thats whats the matter with alot of you whipper snappers,Like if you Rpg For "Comicvine Fame then you make yourself out to be a blunder. If you do it because you like it then, thats where your recogniton is coming from.

I've been in over 100 rpg battles, i only enjoyed 3 (DC,Acer,NovA) And from what i posted you could tell.

Andras

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#11  Edited By Andras

ROTFLMMFAO @ Whipper Snappers, thats made my day.

Oh and thanks for liking our battle. I did to.

Avatar image for mikael_ghazarian
Mikael_Ghazarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mikael_Ghazarian
SHA (BLACK) said:
"Like what is the big deal with being "recognized" Thats whats the matter with alot of you whipper snappers,Like if you Rpg For "Comicvine Fame then you make yourself out to be a blunder. If you do it because you like it then, thats where your recogniton is coming from.

I've been in over 100 rpg battles, i only enjoyed 3 (DC,Acer,NovA) And from what i posted you could tell."
Ive been in tons of battles and only a handful of them i actually enjoyed

Final Arrows battles

Andy

Sha

Gambler

Risky

And Renegade Lantern

Thse fights i have enjoyed. The others are meh ya know
Light

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Light
SHA (BLACK) said:
"Like what is the big deal with being "recognized" Thats whats the matter with alot of you whipper snappers,Like if you Rpg For "Comicvine Fame then you make yourself out to be a blunder. If you do it because you like it then, thats where your recogniton is coming from.

I've been in over 100 rpg battles, i only enjoyed 3 (DC,Acer,NovA) And from what i posted you could tell."
rofl! whipper snappers
SHA (BLACK)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By SHA (BLACK)
Andras said:
"ROTFLMMFAO @ Whipper Snappers, thats made my day.

Oh and thanks for liking our battle. I did to."
LMFAO

Mikael_Ghazarian said:
"SHA (BLACK) said:

Final Arrows battles

Andy

Sha

Gambler

Risky

And Renegade Lantern

Thse fights i have enjoyed. The others are meh ya know"
O_o we battled?
Rain Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Rain Man
SHA (BLACK) said:

i'm just saying , he made a blog about being big , i don't give a Sh!t about being famefull. i do this for fun, trust me if i needed to i could up and just stop, but when people start bagging on how good they are , well that's them, the truth comes out when people get tired of it , and i've never said that i was the bomb or any of that just to get attention, i've always asked how my posts are and trust me one time Ronin  got confused with one of my posts in a fight and i fixed it , so i always like critizism but if i was a "whipper Snapper" u would know. 
Avatar image for alexander_h__kings
Alexander H. Kings

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHA (BLACK) said:

<------------ RPGs just for a good story :D
SHA (BLACK)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By SHA (BLACK)

GAH Mark and i was just starting to like you, WHATEVER!!!!

But my post was NOT directed towards you my young padawan

Rain Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Rain Man
SHA (BLACK) said:
"GAH Mark and i was just starting to like you, WHATEVER!!!!

But my post was NOT directed towards you my young padawan"
oh....like me..........sorry for the miscommunication. i'll take the padawan thing though, people call me that for some reason. .......
Mikael_Ghazarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Mikael_Ghazarian
SHA (BLACK) said:
"Andras said:

LMFAO

Mikael_Ghazarian said:
"SHA (BLACK) said:

Final Arrows battles

Andy

Sha

Gambler

Risky

And Renegade Lantern

O_o we battled?
"
GOD ur slow

Hey little one? that dont give u any clues

My battlecry admits how much of a perv i really am.....ok dont want to wreck ur brain Its me Sha DC
SHA (BLACK)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By SHA (BLACK)
Mikael_Ghazarian said:
"SHA (BLACK) said:
"Andras said:

LMFAO

Mikael_Ghazarian said:
"SHA (BLACK) said:

Final Arrows battles

Andy

Sha

Gambler

Risky

And Renegade Lantern

O_o we battled?
"
GOD ur slow

Hey little one? that dont give u any clues

My battlecry admits how much of a perv i really am.....ok dont want to wreck ur brain Its me Sha DC"
OH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY!!!!!
Mikael_Ghazarian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Mikael_Ghazarian
palms face
Avatar image for elemental_animal
elemental-ANIMAL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By elemental-ANIMAL

guys all i asked was what you guys thought of my powers not all that other stuff my what i should take away and should keep

Rain Man

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Rain Man
elemental-ANIMAL said:
"guys all i asked was what you guys thought of my powers not all that other stuff my what i should take away and should keep"

umm... keep this...

Air Control

Water

Earth

Fire

and just change Animial..... to Shape shifter

drop everything else