Nth Metal- Defining its Properties and Applications

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@vinnie_tahoe

Since there are now at least two people using Nth Metal, I figured I should create a thread where we as a community can define its uses, powers and properties, as well as its origins.

So far I know of two origins on the Vine, mine, which is that Nth Metal was gathered and stored by the ancient Egyptian Gods in deep vaults hidden away from the world, and Vinnie Tahoe's alien asteroid. I would suggest this is the same metal, just that the Egyptian Gods were aware of it and stored it. Out of the beings on Earth, the only ones that know how to find and enter the Vaults are the Hawk Lords (right now, there are only two, Solar and Luna Hawk) who are also capable of forging it.

Hawk Forged Nth Metal has the following properties:

Exceptionally durable (bordering on indestructible), disrupts and negates magic, pierces lesser quality metals (steel, iron, etc) and can be electrically charged to varying levels at will by the wielder. Hawk Forged Nth Metal can also be used to make anything from personal armor to bullets and guns. Its applications are limited by the ability of the person forging it.

Vinnie_Tahoe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I will expand on my part later, since my character who uses the Nth metal isn't even created yet. But so far pretty good job.

Kinetic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Nice. I could use some. Where do I find it?

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinetic_:

The Egyptian stuff? You'd have to find out from one of the Hawks (not likely) or somehow get them to give you a small sample.

The other stuff comes from asteroids and is occasionally found here and there in very small doses, but it would honestly be easier to get Vibranium or some similar metal. If you randomly find Nth Metal you probably won't have any idea what to do with it.

Kinetic_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure Kinetic would easily understand it's composition and rarity after analyzing it. He's in to those types of things. I guess I can build some canon then.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kinetic_:

It's certainly possible for anyone to forge it once they figure out how, but there are always differences. For example, a Hawk Lord can manipulate Nth metal in different ways from other beings because of their nature. Vinnie_Tahoe's character also has a completely different interaction with it.

Worst case scenario, forged Nth Metal is an exceptionally durable material that will disrupt magic.

_Orel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By _Orel_

Alright I'll start off with my Nth Metal. I think it would be fair to consider it a different strand of Nth Metal, considering how unique they each are.

♦ European Nth Metal ♦

European Nth Metal is an exotic strand of the golden Nth Metal found exclusively deep below Czech Republic. It came into being when Orel died and got entombed in south of where current Prague is. The unstable magical energy, that poured from his dead body into the enviroment unexpectedly transmutated almost all ore in the area into pure Nth Metal, in many ways similar to his own. Thus Czech Republic was gifted large deposits of Nth metal, which they could not find by themselves as the metal's properties makes it almost impossible to be recognized by modern means.

It's most prominent uses is in industry and weapons engineering. Nth Metal weapons are very expensive, but very powerful due to their innate powers. Nth Metal energy dampeners are also very common in advanced energetics. Because of it's sponge-like nature.

It should be noted that European Nth Metal isn't the same as the one Orel holds within him. This one is much weaker.

Durability - "Energy Absorption and Magical Disruption":

European Nth Metal is in many ways similar to it's cousin, Vibranium. It is able to absorb large amounts of energy into itself. It is effectively able to feed off of any form of energy it has been exposed to and store it for other uses (See below.). It also absorbs most kinds of radiation on most frequencies. An unique trait which Eurpean Nth Metal holds is the ability to also easily absorb raw magical energy. This is why it is naturally difficult to magically affect someone clad in Nth Metal since the power of their spell is gradually being broken down until all of it has been absorbed. Nth Metal has a limit on how much energy it can hold. Overpower it and it will violently break down, resulting in an explosion where all the stored energy escapes into the enviroment. The energy limit seems to be dependent on how powerful it's owners will is.

It is very durable, some would say indestructible, but that is not true. European Nth Metal is very strong, this is true. However it is nowhere as durable as Vibranium, even if it uses it's energy reserves to enhance this trait. It can still easily withstand explosions from upclose and high-calibre machine fire. As a result of it's weaker durability it is also much more easily molded than it's cousin.

Symbiosis - "Psychoreactivity and Physical Augmentation":

The metal reacts to it's wielders thoughts. It establishes a mental link between its wielder and itself. Essentially, the wearer/wielder temporarily become one while donning it. They are able to feel through the metal like it's an extention of themselves. It will always try to fulfil it's owners wishes.

Someone clad in Nth Metal will feel invigorated like never before. Because of it's psychoreactive nature, it moves in unision with the owner's body and muscles. It adds it's own strenght to the user's allowing them to achieve low-metahuman feats of strength like lifting a car or bending steel with little effort. As mentioned above it grants a significant boost in durability, due to it's 'energy sponge'-like nature. It will feed off of the kinetic energy of an impact in turn severly weakening it. It protects the user most from the harmful effects magic. Nth Metal armor will also grant it's owner a boost to their regenerative and recuperative abilities by empowering their cells with stored energy, but there is still a limit to what it can heal. (Sadly, it can't heal terminal diseases only slow their progress.)

Gravity Negation:

Large quantities of European Nth Metal disrupt the gravitational pull of Earth onto it. However, it is progressively more difficult to achieve this effect with lower amounts of the metal. Due to it's psychoreactive nature, one can easily change directions while flying with a suprising amount of manuverability and gently land whenever they feel like. It takes some time to learn to control this power but masters over Nth Metal can fly with only a belt made from the miraculous metal. Reaching speeds that could potentionally break the sound barrier.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_orel_:

I love that the two Nth Metals have largely different properties. The Egyptian stuff does nothing to gravity or speed (that's all natural to Hawk Lords) but rather than reduce magic it completely negates it on contact and can be filled with energy rather than absorbing it, also has a durability edge. Two different strains of the same metal with different properties =).

Avatar image for shadowswordmaster
ShadowSwordmaster

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 13

These are pretty cool.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Impressive, most impressive.

This will certainly be useful... yes indeed.

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

the dcau thing of anti magic is very good

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By LunaHawk

@vivide:

Yeah, I loved when Hawk Girl fought Doctor Fate and just Maced his spells away until he ran out of ideas. Then later he had to put the mace in another dimension until she needed it again, because its very presence would disrupt the magic in his tower.

Darkchild

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 22

User Lists: 12

#13  Edited By Darkchild

Loving this not gonna lie

Vivide

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Orel_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thanks everyone. I will hopefully expand on this today, to explain the healing and stored energy parts a bit more.

LunaHawk

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I was inspired to expand on mine as well:

Hawk Forged Nth Metal

Magical Disruption and Negation-

The Hawk Lord Nth Metal was created in a time of high magic and divine beings. As such the material was created specifically to disrupt these forces. Hawk Lord Nth Metal immediately negates any magic it comes in contact with. It will destroy magical barriers, end magical spells and when forged into armor essentially renders its wearer immune to the magical castings of others. Regardless of its power, no spell or magical effect will penetrate Hawk Lord Nth Metal. Such is the disrupting power of the Nth Metal that strikes from it will disrupt the magical forces that flow through magical creatures and items. This disruption is not permanent, but if repeated against magical creatures can cause the creatures to fail in rather lethal fashion.

The presence of Hawk Lord Nth Metal will also disrupt the flow of magical energy. If left in contact with a magical item or in a highly magical area the Nth Metal will eventually disrupt the magical forces present to the point that they no longer function. This disruption will cease immediately if the metal is removed from the area, thus these effects are more oppressive than destructive.

Indestructible-

Nth Metal is essentially indestructible once it has been forged. The material can only be damaged by other similar materials such as Adamantium. Hawk Forged Nth Metal is otherwise immune to excessive heat with the exception of temperatures equal to those found inside of a star.

Electrical Charge-

Hawk Forged Nth Metal worn or wielded by a Hawk Lord can be charged with electrical energy at will. The applications for this vary but are most commonly used to add extra hitting power to a weapon or turn a lethal weapon into a stun weapon. The voltage levels a Hawk Lord can charge their Nth Metal vary from individual to individual, but never exceed more than 50,000 volts.